Race Of His Life

By WinterFury10

"You, mister, are gonna be punished for the destruction you've caused," she said. "Pfft, like I even care." H... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 1

901 21 10
By WinterFury10

So this fanfic was kinda inspired by Cars 1 with my own twists and turns. I hope you guys like it!

IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE READING THE FANFIC!
a) All the characters look the same (physical form, face, etc) but they're just wearing modern clothes since this is a Modern!AU
b) Jack won't behave like himself so please, bear with it
c) This chapter was re-written thanks to Wattpad deleting the whole thing so it might be a bit crappy.

.....

"And the Light Cup goes to Jack Frost!" The announcer yelled, his voice somewhat distant as fans went nuts and screamed their heads off. A man, wearing black from head to toe, walked up the stage, shook hands with the Chief Guest before he received his award, his key to the final race.

He walked ahead and shook hands with the two announcers and even kissed the hand of the female announcer, who swooned at his touch. He winked at the cameras and ran a hand through his silver-white hair which sent the paparazzi crazy. He accepted the mic from the announcers and turned to the crowd.

"What's up America?!" Jack Frost yelled into the mic, which had the whole audience screaming. "Sweet!" He gave a wide grin before starting his speech. He thanked his trainers, his family, and his company president for giving him an opportunity to race, blah blah, all the stuff that was expected of him to tell. He finished his speech with a smirk and a wink, kissing his cup for all the photos to be taken. 

The Light Cup was the award given to the winner of the semifinals of the legendary Race of Rapidity, a race to determine the best person with speed, agility, and quick wit to get them out of trouble. To Jack, earning the Light Cup was nothing since his eyes were on the main thing: The Tachyons Cup, which is awarded to the winner of the Race of Rapidity in the finals.

Once at least a hundred pictures were taken, he stepped down from the stage, hearing the speaker announce the runner-up for the Light Cup, Hiccup Haddock, who would also be entering the finals.

After a while of talking with the managers of the other companies and flirting with some beautiful ladies, Jack walked around with his Cup in his hand. He spotted Hiccup sitting with his dragon Toothless, riding whom Hiccup competes in the races. And sitting with them was the beautiful Astrid Haddock, ex-racer who recently got married to the auburn-haired racer. The two shared a loving smile before Hiccup saw Jack. He waved at him in a friendly manner, but Jack ignored them and just walked away. He noticed his own company standing a few meters ahead and walked over to them.

"Well done Jack!" said North, CEO of the Guardians Inc., which was the company sponsoring Jack with all his races.

"Yeah, the race was awesome!" Toothiana, North's secretary, gushed before she slapped him on his back. Next to her, Sandy, one of Jack's managers, gave him a thumbs up to show his support.

"Yeah, get going already. You're gonna miss your interviews." Bunny, Jack's other manager, muttered as he guided Jack to his tour bus.

Jack got on, without bothering to thank them, and shut his door before blasting his heavy-metal music.

"He's not gonna change, is he?" Tooth sighed, turning to her coworkers and friends.

"Don't think so. Emma is the only one who could make him smile. But nowadays he avoids even her." North muttered.

"Okay, fine, let's stop talking about all of this and get going already. Get back to your cars. His bus will be leaving soon." He chased them all away before secretly turning to Jamie, Jack's driver. "Take care of him" Bunny whispered to Jamie, who grinned and nodded.

Having heard their conversation even through the loud music, Jack sighed, falling backward and landing on his bed. He looked around his room in the bus, seeing posters of the race and of himself; his clothes neatly folded and placed in a wardrobe in the corner, a door leading to the washroom and some other things he would need for the trip.

In reality, Jack never wanted any of this. All he cared about was to win the Tachyons Cup of the Race of Rapidity, the most honorable game of the century for those gifted with supernatural abilities. In a world where powers like invisibility and levitation were common among the people, those with elemental powers were considered special and those whose powers were controlled by their emotions, as well as themselves, were considered the rarest and the best, or in some cases the worst.

And Jack came under the last category. To top it off, he could control the wind and sometimes even water if it was really cold. But that drains him of energy at an alarming speed and he would have to concentrate very hard so Jack never bothered.

Jack snapped from his thoughts when he heard his phone ringing, and bit his lip when he saw that it was his eight-year-old little sister. He reduced the volume of his speakers and answered the call.

"Hey Jack, um, this is Emma here. I saw the race on TV. Congrats on winning it.."

Hearing her hesitant voice, which used to be cheery almost all the time, Jack's throat clenched and his heart tightened, but he forced an answer out.

"Yeah, thanks."

"So......where are you right now? Are you- are you coming home?"

Ignoring the hidden plea that clearly told she missed him, Jack bit his lip before replying, trying his best to sound as emotionless as possible.

"I'm, uh, going to California- for my next race. It's in two months or so and I need to be there for my interviews, practices and such. So...."

"Oh... Okay. I get it. I'll- I'll see you sometime, then. All the best for your next race...Bye." And the crack in her voice was enough to tell that she was trying not to cry and that she's probably crying right now after ending the call. Jack stared at the picture he had saved for her contact. Jack bit his lip again, missing the bright smile on her face which he had not seen for over a year or so.

Soon, it'll be over... Soon, I'll win the race and go back home to her...

After telling that to himself, Jack switched his phone off before turning around and starting to snooze.

.....

A loud bang from outside jolted Jack awake from his slumber. Grunting in annoyance, he looked out of the window and his sleepy eyes widened when he caught sight of black creatures, looking like horses, which were made of black sand and had bright yellow eyes. These creatures were circling his bus, a look of hunger in their eyes.

Jack whipped around when his door opened, revealing a panicked Jamie who quickly grabbed a bag and started stuffing Jack's items in it.

"The heck is going on here-?"

"No time to explain. These creatures are here for you, Jack! You need to get out of here while I steer them away!" Jamie yelled, stuffing a few fruits in the bag.

"What? But we're in the middle of a damned forest!" Jack asked, taken aback.

"Which is where they'll find it difficult to find you! North called up and told me to send you away and make sure the horses don't spot you. So get going!" Jamie informed, pushing the bag in Jack's hands before peeping out. "Look, I'm gonna go to the front and make sure each and every horse comes to me whereas you jump out of the window and escape!"

"I can just fight them off!" Jack argued.

"These things can't be fought off! Especially not in the night! Now go!" And Jamie ran to the front. Jack stared at him, still uncertain but then he grabbed the window and yanked it open once all the horses ran to the front. Using his steel-black staff, he got down thanks to his wind powers and flew right into the forest without looking back.

What the hell...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 374 18
It's 1841. Jackson Overland - intelligent, gentle, and lonely - struggles with his humdrum existence in his small Norwegian town. One night, he sees...
529K 20.2K 54
#35 in Action 20th April 2015. #415 in Fanfiction 21st September 2015. She finally found her inner self and her courage, the will to live. That's whe...
135K 5.2K 24
(Book 3) After a long journey of different, extraordinary worlds, the team return back in Arendelle. But in their present absence, evil was plotted...
7.1K 238 28
[( COMPLETED)] "Elsa you mistake get out here right now" My stepmother yelled out, these past few years have been and nightmare my mum died in a car...