Deal With the Devil | ✔️

By WeAreOk

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT AND THERE ARE GRAMMAR MISTAKES I pushed at his chest, but it was us... More

New Story
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
IMPORTANT
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
A/N
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter Nineteen

453K 14.1K 4.1K
By WeAreOk

I returned back to the house and when the elevators opened I saw Alexander standing in the living room talking with someone. He smiled as he saw me and gave a quick goodbye to the person on the other end. "How was it?" He asked, approaching me.

I dropped my bag at my feet and hurriedly went over to him, basically jumping in his arms as I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest. I found myself yearning for his touch that comforted me. Especially when it came to my family. "I missed you," I said, disregarding his question. I didn't want to even think about what happened today.

His arms wrapped around me and his head rested on the top of mine. His chest rose in fell as he let out a breath of what seemed to be contentment. "That bad?" He knowingly asked.

I grunted, nuzzling into his warmth. "You have no idea," I said.

We stayed like this was a few moments before I pulled back from his warmth. I kicked off my heels, leaving them in the middle of the room. I walked over to the kitchen and heard Alex follow me.

I reached for the wine, not bothering for a cup. I pulled the cork and drank from the bottle.

"You're worrying me. What did she say?" He asked as he walked over to me. Alex took the bottle away before I was able to take another drink, setting it behind him on the island counter.

"She tried to destroy my father's name!" I exclaimed. "Diana lied and said he was abusive towards her, but that couldn't be true. My dad doesn't have a mean bone in his body." I defended, not really needing to though.

Alex shook his head, not seeming surprised. "Why the hell would she try and pull something like that?"

I threw my arms in the air. "Who knows? It's Diana we're talking about. That woman could grow a second head and I don't think I'd be shocked."
My hands held my forehead as I tried to think of just one reason she would do something like this.

But I couldn't come up with a damn thing.

Gently hands rubbed the sides of my arms before gently bringing me in for a tight embrace. "It's going to be okay." Alex comforted.

I wish he was right, but that story is going to be everywhere by Monday. My father's reputation was on the line. I tried to hard to shield him from what was happening here, but it seemed that no matter what I did he would end up being hurt in some way.

"This is all my fault." I muttered. I tried pressing my tongue against the roof of my mouth to stop the tears that brimmed in my eyes, but it was no use. Warm tears streamed down my cheeks.

Alex's hand smoothed circles on my back and he kissed the top of my head. "It's not, none of this is your fault." He pulled away slightly to look at me. I tried to turn my head but his hand caught my chin, turning me back to him. "Please don't cry," his other hand released my waist and came to wipe away any tears that were left.

I sniffled, attempting to stop. "I'm s—" before I could finish my apology his lips were on mine. I stood there unmoving for a moment before kissing him back. One of his hands held my waist while the other cupped my cheek. I wrapped my arms around him neck, pulling him closer. His lips moved against mine, tender and slow. I was relishing in the way his lips felt against mine— like they belonged. Our bodies molded together perfectly as he leaned into me.

Alexander had his hands on the back of my thighs as he lifted me into the counter, never breaking our kiss. I instinctively wrapped my legs around his torso feeling everything.

He tugged on the shirt I was wearing that was now untucked from the skirt due to his rough movements. His hand went underneath and settled on my ribs. The warmth of his hand sending chills through my body.

His other hand went to the back of my head, lightly tugging on my hair making softly moan into our kiss. He pulled away, panting. His eyes were clouded with lust. "Don't apologize," He breathed out with a lazy smile.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smile. "I might if this is what happens." I smugly said, surprisingly myself at my words.

Alexander was too by his wide eyes, but it was quickly turned into teasing as his signature smirk returned. "Baby, you don't have say sorry for this to happen again." He said lowly with a wink.

I rolled my eyes at him, pushing at his chest slightly. "Oh shush," I was blushing now and he was loving it as he pinched one of my cheeks before I batted it away.

He stepped away and helped me hop down. "You know..." he started, making me look up at him. "you never went on that date with me." It's true, but only because I had to be up so early the next day. "Tonight?" He asked with a grin.

I tapped my chin in mock thought. "Hmm, well I'll have to check my schedule and—"

"Ana,"

I smiled. "Yes, Alex, we can go tonight."

~>~

I stepped down the stairs, dressed red, sleeveless , shift dress that stopped just below my knees. This was one I've owned for years now, but have only found two occasions to wear it. I knew the people in Alexander's world would never wear the same thing twice. The man had over twenty white dress shirts for God's sake.

Footsteps came from the kitchen. I walked over there and saw Alex standing there with his phone in hand.

"Ready?" I asked, now catching his attention.

He looked up and smiled, shoving his phone into his pocket. "I don't know if I should let you out with that dress on." I was surprised by his reaction because this dress wasn't revealing nor very tight.

I felt my cheeks heat at his words. "Okay well I'm hungry." I awkwardly said, turning my face from his heated gaze.

He chuckled softly before coming over to wrap an arm around my waist. "Shall we?"

~>~

We didn't get in the usual SUV. This time Alexander was driving and his car nearly left me speechless. I'd never seen a car this nice let alone driven in one. It was black, completely smooth— not a single smudge. The interior was a tan leather, only two seats.

"This is your car?" My mouth nearly hit the floor as I continued basically drooling over how beautiful it was.

He nodded with a smirk, lifting the keys to press a button. "Yup," the doors automatically lifted upwards instead of the usual door.

"Who are you? Batman?" I asked as I took a seat onto the smooth leather.

He gets into the next to me, the doors lowering around us until the click into place. "Hang on tight, baby." Before I was able to register his words, he zoomed out of the parking garage and onto the busy New York streets.

"Alexander, slow down!" I scolded, lightly hitting his arm. The wind blew around his, my hair was flying into my face.

The sound of the engine mixed with his laughter as he continued driving.

I was engaged to a mad man.

We soon pulled up to the restaurant. I silently thanked the Lord that we survived.

My door was opened for me by one of the valet workers. Alexander was soon by my side as he wrapped an arm around my waist. He handed his keys over to the man then lead me into the restaurant.

"Reservations for Knight." Alexander's said to the hostess.

She quickly nodded and gathered a couple of menus. "Right this way," she said with a smile. We followed her to a table near the back with a view of the water. "Enjoy," she spoke after setting the menus down. I gave a small smile and Alexander nodded before she walked away.

I looked down at the menu and sighed a breath of relief when saw it was in English and had items that I actually recognized.

We ordered our food and drinks once the waitress came back. We stayed talking for nearly two hours, slowly finishing our food.

I learned more about Alexander like how in high school he was the pitcher through out his years in high school earning him a full ride to Princeton. It was difficult trying to imagine him as an adolescent teenager. He was always up to something he said. Alex told me the story of how him and his buddies drove an hour out past the city where the suburbs surrounded them. They drove down to a creek just to smoke some pot. He said it was his first and last time since they ended up getting busted for it. I laughed at that, thinking about him being high and suddenly the cops show up. I'd have a heart attack!

Alexander payed the bill and held a hand out for me as he stood. I took it and he began walking, leading me out towards the door.

"Alexander," we both turned to see Dimitri sitting at the table with two other men that looked scary as hell. They were all dressed in suits, but just looking at them you knew they weren't anyone you wanted to be mixed in with.

"Dimitri," Alexander greeted with the same coldness, giving a curt nod. His jaw was hard as he continued locking eyes with my step father.

"So this is Anastasia," one of the men at the table said, eyeing me up and down.

How did he know?

I shifted uncomfortably, not saying anything. Alexander released my hand for to wrap his arm around my waist to pull me in close.

The man gave me a toothy grin that made my skin crawl. "Aw she's a shy one."

"Tony." Dimitri barked at him. I was surprised he had made him stop. His eyes tore away from the man and back to Alexander. "Did you get my message?" He asked with a sinister smirk.

"Loud and clear," Alexander said lowly through gritted teeth.

Dimitri nodded. "Good," he looked over to me for a moment. "Have a nice night."

"I wish I could tell you the same." Alex said lowly before pulling me away. We exited the restaurant and the valet soon had the car up front. He handed them the keys and a tip. Alex opened the car door for me, still not saying anything.

Right when Alexander entered the car he started driving. A few minutes went by of just silence. His jaw was hard and he seemed to be in deep though by the his furrowed brows.

"Alexander," I said softly, breaking the silence. He didn't say anything, just continued looking forward at the road. It was so odd seeing him upset, I hated it. "please say something." Anything. I wanted him to say anything at this point. I reached for his hand that rested on the vent counsel.

He took his hand from under mine and placed it on the steering wheel. "This was a mistake."

My eyes went wide at his words. I felt as if someone put a knife through my heart. "What do you mean?" My biggest fears were coming true.

He shook his head. "This, all of this was a mistake."

My heart nearly dropped to my stomach. He didn't really mean that did he? He was putting color into my nightmares, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I knew something like this was going to happen if I started to actually like him. "Alex, what are you talking about?"

"You should return back home. I'll still pay for everything—"

"No," I nearly snapped. "No, no, no. You have to talk to me about what is going on." I nearly pleaded.

If this were two months ago I'd be more than happy to go back home, but things were different. Since I learned about what Dimitri was holding over Alex I felt it was my responsibility to help him anyway that I could.

His mouth fell into a straight line, no emotion in his facial features.

This was because of Dimitri's message.

"Anastasia, there are things I can't protect you from. For your own good you need to go back to Arizona." His voice was stained as his grip on the steering wheel a little tighter.

I shook my head. "I don't care. What did he say to you?"

"It doesn't matter—"

"Cut the bullshit, Alex." I snapped.

Just at his convenience we pulled into the parking garage and he stopped in his usual spot. He put the car in park, but I quickly pushed down on the lock button to keep him from opening it right away. "Alex,"

"For once will you just listen to me?" He was now looking at me, but his eyes didn't hold anger like his voice tried to portray. No— it was sadness.

I shook my head and adjusted to full turn towards him. "Please tell me." I once again begged.

His heavy sigh indicated that it was bad news and even more stress that he'd have to deal with. "Dimitri has a request, but it's something I can't give him." He stated vaguely.

I arched a brow. "What's the request?"

He looked away and stared at whatever was in front of him. "It's nothing you need to worry about"

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, Drama Queen, spit it out." I said using my new nickname for him I was quite fond of.

He gave me a look that made me smirk. "Ana,"

"Oh come on, just tell me. If I'm going home then it won't matter if you tell me, will it?" I persuaded.

He looked at me longingly before sighing. "Despite of what I tell you, you're going home." He said sternly.

I nodded, raising my pinky up to which he just raised an eyebrow. "What? Have you never pinky sworn?

He shook his head, still looking at my pinky as if it were the plague. "Can't say I have."

I shrugged and waved my pinky slightly to get this promise official. "Well, I pinky swear... as long as it really will put me in danger."

"Oh it will," He said now holding my pinky with his. A moment later he let his hand fall back to his side. "Dimitri wants us to be married by the end of the month."

My eyes went wide. That's very soon. Like... two weeks. "W-what?"

Alex nodded and sighed. "Married by the end of this month." He restated. "He wants my company, Ana. No— he needs my company. I had my sources do some much searching and he's losing money. I don't know how, but he is." Alex sighed. "He thinks by you marrying me he could easily take my business without leaving a trace of foul play."

Dimitri was as cold hearted as they came. I wanted to say I was shocked, but I wasn't. He didn't have any regard for anyone but himself. Not even his own son! I shook my head, not really knowing what to say. I needed to help Alexander, I knew that was certain. If I didn't what would happen to him?

"What will happen if we're not married?"

He gave a small smile as he reached for my hand, lifting it up to kiss the top. "Don't worry about that."

"You can't tell me not to worry, Alex. I care about you," I admitted, looking at him with worry.

His hand lifted to cup my cheek. I leaned into his touch, his warm hand left sparks whoever his skin met mine. "Ana, I want you to be safe. I need you to be. You were thrown into this life not knowing what to expect and it's my fault. Please let me protect you." His words made me melt.

"It's not your fault though. It's my mother and Dimitri." I tried to reason with him.

"Whoever's fault it may be, I'm going to fix this. You're going home in the morning." He retracted his hand and unlocked his door, stepping out.

I shook my head and opened the door, slamming it shut. "So you're just going to give up like that?" I snapped as I stormed over to him. "You don't get to make decisions for me Alexander Knight." I poked at his chest, looking up towards him. Moments like these I wish I was taller.

"Anastasia you don't understand—"

"Oh can it. I understand well enough to know that if we are not married that you're going to lose everything. That is not happening because I won't let them win. We're getting married by the end of the month. We'll do it if I have to drag you there myself." I finished with a huff.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking in that moment. His eyes were searching for something as his lips remained shut in a firm line. A moment later he shook his head. "This isn't what you want."

I shrugged. "I don't want a lot of things, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and do what's right." The echo sounding from my voice reminded me we were in the middle of a parking garage. The concrete and few random cars seemed to be the only things surrounding us.

I couldn't keep his gaze any longer. I look to the ground, not knowing what to say any more. That seemed to be a pattern with me though. Not knowing and then spewing my thought in no particular way.

"Okay," I barely was able to hear him, his voice was just shy of a true whisper.

I looked up at him and his features had softened. "Okay? You'll let me help you?" I asked, taking a step towards him.

He nodded. "Yes, but please know this isn't what I wanted for you—"

"Oh shut up," I cut him off before pulling his lips down to mine. He responded immediately, arms wrapping around my waist.

Our moment only lasted a moment. A horn went off and lights were shining right on us. I squinted as I pulled away, looking at the car in front of us.

"Get out of the way!" The driver shouted.

Alexander rolled his eyes and flipped him off as he drove past us.

"What an asshole," I mumbled.

"We're always being interrupted," he groaned, leaning his forehead against me.

I laughed. "Well we are in the middle of a parking garage where people park their cars."

His hand held my chin, tipping it back so he could look at me. "I don't care where we are. I hate when anyone interrupts my time with you." He left a chaste kiss on my lips before grabbing my hand to pull me to the elevator.

Thank you guys for all the reads! I hope you liked this chapter. I really wanted to show off how strong of a character Anastasia can be. When I started this book I wanted it to be a mixture of everything I love about romance novels and even the genre chicklit. I hate when girls in stories just automatically fall for the guy and just listen to everything they say. As a writer, it's hard sometimes to not move things along quicker or be cliche. I'm trying to take my time developing the characters and their stories without dragging it on too much. I am always up for constructive criticism so please share your thoughts below! This is a first draft of the story and I plan on perfecting it one day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 9K 34
"I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you right now,"he whispered in my ear as he breathed down my neck leaving small kisses here and there. ...
890K 27.6K 43
"I'm sorry....." "Too late get out" "No". He said as he pushed me against the Wall and pressed me against my back gripping on my upper arm. " you ar...
4.4K 186 31
"If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer to her, encircling her in his arms, h...
1.5K 34 33
❗️Mature❗️ The weight of his fingers inside the wet mess in my core made me lose control, I didn't even know my body could do things like that. He we...