A Mystery

By TheeJaffaCake

Josh lives with his step dad and little sister in an abandoned town. They finally get a new neighbour, but Jo... More

A Mystery
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six - The End
Surprise!
The Sequel :-)

Chapter Thirty Eight

348 16 4
By TheeJaffaCake

- Josh's POV -

I got to the edge of the staircase, my foot crumbling at each step. I couldn't help but make the weirdest facial expressions as I tried to limp down the steps, in so much pain.

Suddenly, I heard foot steps coming up the stairs. The staircase went down five steps then turned left, so I have no idea if this person was coming upstairs.

I sprinted up the stairs again and hid behind the wall, right beside the stairs. I waited for a moment, the foot steps went silent.. I could tell someone was there. I held my breath and brought my legs to my chest, trying to form into the smallest shape I could.

"Hhmm" I heard mumble from above me, I looked up slowly and saw a security guard examining the place I was hiding in. Thankfully he didn't see me, he walked down the corridor.

I got up quickly and rushed down the stairs, praying to god there wouldn't be anymore at the bottom. And thankfully there wasn't.

I was on the third floor now, and without hesitation I ran down the other flight of stairs. But to be suddenly greeted by four guards, I hid behind the wall.

How the hell am I going to get to her?

What are they doing to her?

I'm so scared..

"We have a situation at the main doors, we need some assistance" the huge microphone said, the guards at the bottom of the stairs ran the opposite direction. Thank you situation!

I limped down the stairs, standing before me was a huge door. There were windows around the sides of the room.. I ducked under them and peeked in.

My heart dropped..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

925 137 15
Two families, battling two different life changing dilemmas, come together through the introduction of a mysterious stranger not everyone can see.
146 69 23
One girl. A mysterious family. Magic. Elves. Kings.... what could go wrong?
Gone in an instant By Kohle

Mystery / Thriller

942 81 26
Josh just lived a normal teenage life. He was content with where he was. But one day he came home to find his family gone, no evidence left. Through...
Nowhere By VⱠ₳Đ

Mystery / Thriller

64 0 8
A teenage boy wakes up in a strange place shrouded in darkness. Not knowing who he is or how he got here, he decides to find out what secrets the mys...