The Beginning of Forever

By PhoenixFire87

*Reg KevEdd Get Together Fic* Kevin askes Edd for tutoring so he can get in the dork's good graces. Things st... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Untitled Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22

Part 23

1.6K 53 15
By PhoenixFire87

Kevin immediately looked in Edd's direction when he heard him cry out and fall to the floor, holding his shoulder. Looking to the man that has made his life hell for the last few months, he sent another wave of volts through Charles' body while cursing his existence. He stopped shooting after the third round and walked up to him with a curt "Fuck you!" before connecting his foot to Charles' strong jaw, effectively knocking him out as the police stormed in, followed in closely by his mother.

"Where is he?! I'll kill that pig-headed son of a bitch!" Kathleen Barr stormed in and went straight for her son, crying. "Are you okay? Oh my god, I'm so sorry I left. I should have stayed here with you. I'm so sorry, baby boy!"

"Ma, stop. It's okay, I don't blame you" he said absently as they were escorted out of the house. Kevin frantically searched around for Edd, he needed to make sure that he was alright.

Edd clutches his shoulder and tries to stay strong in front of Miriam. "Mama..."

"It's okay baby, it's okay. I love you" Miriam balls up a shirt and applies pressure to the wound. Edd whimpers and tries to hug his mother but is suddenly surrounded by police and paramedics.

"Stay still, sir, you're bleeding. We need to assess your wounds" a deep voice commands as he's carted downstairs and packed away in an ambulance.

"Kevin...?" he calls as the doors close and he's surrounded by a bright light and unfamiliar faces.

"Remove his shirt and prepare the anesthesia. It looks like the bullet is still in there" Edd's heart begins to pound in his ears and his vision becomes blurry.

"I'm right here, Eddward. It's okay, I promise it'll be okay" Miriam's voice sounds through her son's fogging mind.

"M-mother... Mom... It hurts..." he whimpers before the anesthesia sets in and renders the teen unconscious.

*@*

Michael Vincent was partway through a very delicate surgery when his partner came in and started to take over. "What the hell are you doing, Rodgers?! This is my patient-" he started before he was interrupted.

"You are needed elsewhere right now... Your son is here, in the ER, with a gunshot wound to his shoulder." Michael felt his blood go cold before boiling over with anger. With a curt 'thank you' he cleaned up and ran to the ER room that housed his family. Once he got down to the ER, he noticed Kevin and Kathleen in the waiting room and Kevin seemed pissed. "Kevin! Kathleen!" he called out.

"Michael! Thank God, you're here! Edd is in room 3F!"

"Why are both of you out here?"

"They said since we are not family, we have to wait..." Kevin gritted out. Michael scoffs and pulls them along to Edd's room.

Miriam brushes her son's hair out of his face and sighs. Edd groans a little and stirs around but doesn't wake. Michael bursts into the room, quickly followed behind Kevin and Kathleen. "Michael! What are you doing?! You can't go around slamming doors in here!"

"Woman, not today! What happened!? Who shot my son? Was it that bastard? I'll kill him..." Michael started pacing back and forth, muttering to himself.

"Would you calm yourself please!? Eddward is trying to rest!" Miriam hissed as Kevin walked to the other side of the bed and gently held his hand, trying to avoid the wires and IV lines.

Edd stirs awake from all the commotion. His cerulean eyes squint as they try to focus on the shadows surrounding him. A soft groan emanates from his throat as he turns his head towards Kevin. "Hey, he's waking up!" Kevin called out to his mother and Miriam. "Hey baby, we're here for you. Open your eyes for me. Please?"

Edd's eyes flutter a little then squeeze shut. "Mm-mm. Bright..." he croaks.

Kathleen stood up and turned the lights down as Kevin held Edd's hand tight "Hey Edd, that better?"

"Hey, yes thank you" the little nerd whispers. He uses his injured arm to try to sit up but falls back and hisses in pain.

"Don't try to get up, Eddward. My sweet boy, just relax. Do you need anything? Something to drink? I can get you some ice chips..." Miriam rushes off to get a cup full for her injured son.

"Where? What happened?" he whispers as she hands him the ice and he begins to chew.

"You're at Mercy Hospital, son" Michael said calmly. Kevin squeezing his hand gently "It's over, babe. Charles is arrested and in jail. He won't be able to hurt us for a long time."

"What?" Edd asks, still a little dazed from the medicine. "Did you go out and capture him, Kevin?"

"No, the police did. They got him and he won't hurt you or me ever again" Kevin gently brings Edd's hand to his lips in a sweet kiss.

Pieces of the day's events begin to flood Edd's mind. He turns to his mother and looks at her with tears building in his eyes. "He didn't hurt you did he, Mother?"

Miriam gives a motherly sigh and gently grabs ahold of Edd's hand on his injured side. "No, he didn't, baby. You protected me" she says softly.

"I did? I only remember..." Edd's voice trails and a hot blush crosses his face. He turns to Kevin and looks him over. "Are you okay?"

"Shouldn't that be my line? I used your taser... got him three times and then kicked him in the jaw. It was awesome!"

"Kevin!" Edd chastises, slowly returning to his normal self. "Was all of that truly necessary sir?" he sasses lightly.

"And if I had a gun I would have shot him! He shot you, Edd! What do you think I was gonna do?"

Edd's face pales a bit "S-shot?!" He turns to his parents and looks at him in confusion. "Is that why I'm here? I was shot?! How bad is it?! Am I going to die?! Do I need a new organ?! Will this be seen on my permanent record?!" he asks, beginning to panic.

"Calm down... that is why you are here, you were shot in the shoulder, it's not bad, it's already stitched up, you are not going to die, you need no new organs, and nothing will be seen on your record since that has nothing to do with this. It's okay. I'm okay, Kevin's okay, and you're okay" Miriam explained.

Edd sighs and lies back in the bed. "How long do I have to stay here?"

Michael takes a seat at the foot of his bed and lovingly pats his leg. "I can get you out of here in a couple of hours. There's not much more they can do for you other than knock you out with more drugs. You're not in any pain, are you?"

Edd shakes his head as he stares down at his lap. "No. It hurts a little but it's not unbearable."

Michael stands up and straightens his scrubs "I'll go find your surgeon and get them to sign off on your release papers. I'll see you at home, okay son?" He moves next to Miriam and places a kiss on both of their foreheads before leaving.

Once Michael is out of sight, Miriam turns to Kathleen and smiles at her. "I'm a little hungry, let's go get everybody something to eat in the cafeteria."

Kevin watched their mothers leave before looking at Edd again. "I'm glad you're okay. When I saw you bleeding, I lost it... I'm glad I just had a taser..."

"I'm glad you did too. I know you aren't the biggest fan of your father but I don't want to see anyone killed" Edd says softly. "So, everything is going back to normal now?"

"Yeah, babe. Back to normal... everything goes back to the way thing should have been when we started dating. I'm gonna love spoiling you on all these dates I have been dying to take you on" Kevin brought Edd's hand to his lips in a soft kiss.

Edd blushes and looks away. "K-Kevin..." He squeezes his hand with a soft smile. "Can we still go to the explorium?"

"That's the first idea I had" Kevin smiled.

Edd flashes a gapped grin and tugs Kevin's hand, trying to pull him closer. "Oh Kevin! I'm so excited, I could just kiss you!"

"You can, you know... it's just us here and I enjoy kissing you very much."

Edd giggles and leans over and captures Kevin in an innocent kiss "I love you Kevin."

"I love you too, Edd" Kevin gives him another kiss and relishes in the fact that his boyfriend and him can finally have a good, healthy, and normal relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 1.3K 11
Eddy and Edd have been dating off and on until Eddy finally snaps Edd's trust for the last time. Seeking comfort he heads towards his remaining frien...
370K 4.8K 69
YOU'VE BEEN STRUCK BY YOU'VE BEEN HIT BY Some shitty fanfiction This book isn't being updated anymore and I probably won't be back to edit any storie...
7.7K 546 29
It's been two years since the events when the Eds ran from the Cul-de-sac to seek Eddy's brother's help. After all of that, they were finally accepte...
277 3 47
Whoo Hoo! I'm back with another fic. I doubt this will be done in time for Valentine's day, but since it's the season, I thought 'why not?' so I deci...