Heat In The City (Raging Infe...

By RonnaSweeney51317

The third installment in the Ruling Chicago series. Published Dec 11, 2017 More

Prologue is up
Prologue
Chapter 1 "Strange Things & Forgery"
Chapter 2 "O-M-G"
Chapter 3 "Angel Tree & A Christmas Present"
Chapter 4 "Played Your Cards Right"
Chapter 5 "Follow Your Heart"
Chapter 6 "It's Perfect"
Chapter 7 "Rubber Cement Glue"
Chapter 8 "Great Chicago Fire"
Chapter 9 "Screaming"
Chapter 10 "Nut Case"
Authors Note
Chapter 11 "Magical Hugs"
Author Announcement
Chapter 12 "Dark Place"
Chapter 13 "A Detective & A Firefighter"
Chapter 15 "Texas Sheet Cake"
Chapter 16 "Havoc At A Strip Club"
Chapter 17 "Public Enemy Number One"
Chapter 18 "Be My Date"
Chapter 19 "Back To Life"
Chapter 20 "Over To The FBI"
Chapter 21 "Fire From Her Wrath"
Chapter 22 "Had In LA, Stays In LA"
Chapter 23 "Haven't Changed"
Chapter 24 "Under The Circumstances"
Chapter 25 "2018? It Was Just 2010"
Chapter 26 "Job Comes First"
Chapter 27 "Only Memories"
Chapter 28 "Wait For Me"
Chapter 29 "Masked Ball"
New Series

Chapter 14 "Madness"

561 16 0
By RonnaSweeney51317

With it being Christmas Eve morning, District 21 is buzzing with officers wanting to get their shifts over and head home.

Upstairs, the Intelligence Unit is finishing up a homicide case.
Everyone is sitting at their desks getting paperwork done.
Halstead's phone goes off, he looks down to see it's a text message.

Shaylynn: Are you stopping by tonight?

Halsteads eyes almost pop out of his head.
He quickly puts his phone in his pocket.

~~~~~~

Shaylynn walks off the elevator onto the floor where her office is.
Walking down the hall the offices she passes, all of them are playing Christmas music.
With Austin dead, it seems people are celebrating, but Shaylynn knows better.
Something major is going to happen!
They seem to forget that Hicks is still out there and he's just as dangerous as Austin if not more knowing just as much about bombs as Austin.
Opening the door to her office the smell from the flower arrangements hits her.
She takes a deep breath smelling their wonderful fragrance.
Walking behind her desk, she puts her bag into a drawer, then sits down to get started on her report about what happened with Austin on the rooftop.

A couple of hours have gone by.
Shaylynn goes out to lunch with Dean and Sam and exchanges Christmas gifts with them.
They return to work to get some more work down.

Another hour goes by.
Sam and Dean stop by Shaylynn's office on their way out, "Aren't you done yet?" Dean asks her as he looks into her office.
Shaylynn laughs, "No! I'm not like you and Sam and cut corners!"
"SSSHHH!!!! You're not supposed to say anything about that!" Dean tells her then smiles.
"I'll see you guys in a couple of days!" Shaylynn says looking at the door.
Both Dean and Sam smile, "Have a great Christmas, Shaylynn!" Dean tells her.
"Thanks! You too!" she says, then Dean shuts her door.

Two more hours go by.
Shaylynn is finally seeing the end in sight of finishing her work. As she's finishing up there's a knock at her door. She figures it's Tom the Custodian wondering if anyone is in her office so he can clean.
She gets up, walks to the door, and opens it, "Tom I'm almo...." she starts to say until she sees who it really is.
Looking back at her is Halstead.

"Seriously? Security let you up here again?" Shaylynn says to him.
Halstead starts walking toward her making her walk back into her office. He closes the door behind him and locks it this time.
"Jay, what are you doing?" Shaylynn asks him.
"I can't wait till tonight!" he tells her.
"What are you talking about?" she asks him.
Halstead moves closer to her, grabs her, and starts kissing her.
Shaylynn gives him a little push, "Jay! What the hell are you talking about you can't wait till tonight?" she asks.
"The picture you sent!" Halstead says pulling his phone out of his pocket and shows her the picture.
Shaylynn's eyes get big, "That pic..." she starts to say until Halstead puts his lips back on hers.
He pushes her back toward her desk, puts his hands up under her skirt, grabs onto her panties and pushes them down until they're all the way off.
"Jay!" Shaylynn says being able to get her mouth away from him for a few seconds until he starts kissing her again.
He leans over her making her lean back as he undoes his belt buckle along with his zipper. As he pulls her down toward him, he enters her when she reaches him.
Shaylynn tries to say something, but Halstead presses his mouth harder onto hers.
She wraps her legs around his waist and starts squeezing.
"Shaylynn, you're hurting me!" Halstead tells her.
"Good! Now get the fuck off of me!" Shaylynn tells him pissed off.
Halstead gets off her and starts fastening his pants back up.
Shaylynn sits up on her desk and smacks him, "What's that for?!" he asks.
"Something happened and the picture was sent to you too!" she tells him.
"What do you mean me too?" he asks.
"The picture was only meant for Kelly!" Shaylynn tells him.
Halstead stares at her, he breaks his stare when his phone rings along with Shaylynn's phone.
"Hello," Shaylynn says.
"We have a MAJOR situation!" she hears Dean tell her.
"What is it?" she asks.
"This group has taken out five residential blocks!" Dean tells her.
"How did they do that? Was anything intercepted about this?" Shaylynn questions him.
"No! This has to be in retaliation for taking Austin out!" Dean tells her, "As for the how, they set off bombs in the sewers, which sent fire up through the houses sewer systems making them explode! We're searching buildings that are still standing for these assholes! When can you be here?" Dean asks her.
"Give me an address I should meet you at!" Shaylynn tells him.
Dean gives her an address. After hanging up, Shaylynn picks her panties up off the floor then walks over to a cupboard and pulls out a pair of jeans and boots. She starts changing into her jeans as Halstead watches.
"Stop staring!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Would you like me to step outside?" Halstead asks her.
Shaylynn gives him a glare, "Like you would if I told you too! It wouldn't make a difference anyway! It's not like you haven't seen me naked!" she tells him, "Was your call about the five residential blocks?"
"Yeah!" Halstead says.
"We better get going!" Shaylynn tells him as she grabs her bag out of a drawer.
They walk out of her office and head out of the building.

~~~~~~

The scene is madness!
Twenty Firehouses that border the neighborhood have been called, along with others who were off shift.
There's Police everywhere, along with the FBI and Homeland Security.
Most of the people in the houses were able to make it out alive. In all, eight people died.

Shaylynn and Halstead park their vehicles and get out. As they're getting out, Squad 3 comes walking around a corner.
With Severide in the lead, he sees that Shaylynn and Halstead arrived at the same time. He stops and stares. 

"Shaylynn!" Dean yells at her, she takes off running to where he is putting her badge around her neck.
Severide walks over to Halstead, "What the fuck, Jay! Why are you and Shaylynn arriving at the same time?"
Halstead looks at Severide and gets a shitty grin on his face, "I was fucking her in her office when we got the call to come here!" he tells Severide.
Severide hauls back and punches Halstead in the face knocking Halstead to the ground. Halstead gets up, he and Severide start going at it.
Squad 3 takes off running.

At the corner, Hank and Boden are talking. 

They look to the side and see the commotion that's going on down the street. Hank and Boden both take off running.
"BREAK IT UP!" Boden yells getting in between Severide and Halstead.
Dean and Sam point out what was going on between Severide and Halstead to Shaylynn. She starts running over.
"What the hell is going on between you two?" Boden asks them, "If this is personal keep it away from the job!"
Halstead and Severide back up from each other. Hank and Boden start walking back over to where they were as Shaylynn reaches Halstead and Severide.
"What the hell is wrong with you two?" Shaylynn asks them.
Severide looks at her, "He said he was fucking you in your office before you came here!" he tells her.
Shaylynn looks at Halstead and starts walking toward him until Severide grabs her, lifts her up off her feet, and starts carrying her away.
He sits her down by the Squad truck, "Shaylynn, what's going on? I thought we were going to get together tonight?" he asks her.
"We are! At least I thought we were!" she says to him, "Let's not talk out in the open, let's get in the truck!"
They both climb up into the Squad truck.
"Somehow the picture I sent you was also sent to Jay. He comes by my office all excited thinking I sent him the picture. And before I could explain to him that it was only meant for you, I was on my desk with him on top of me" she tells him.
Severide goes to grab the handle to the door, "Kelly, stop! This isn't the time or place!" Shaylynn tells him, "He shouldn't have told you what he did here! That was inexcusable!"
Severide looks at her, "Jay is always going to be a problem!" he tells her.
Shaylynn looks at Severide, "You know it's not just Jay that's a problem! What about the women you've been seen around town with!" she tells him, "I thought things were going well between us, but apparently I was wrong! With everything that has happened to me, was everything you did for me just for show?"
"All of that was before what happened to you! I haven't seen any women since!" Severide tells her.
Shaylynn grabs the door handle, opens the door and steps down, "Shaylynn, I love you!" he tells her grabbing her hand.
She turns around and looks at him, "If that's true, you'll have to prove it! Because as of right now I don't believe you! We need to stop this because both of us have jobs to do!" she says walking away.
Severide quickly gets down out of the truck and grabs her arm, "I want to see you tonight!" he tells her.
"I don't know now, Kelly!" she tells him.
"Shaylynn, it's Christmas Eve!" he tells her.
"And? I'm serious Kelly! If you really love me like you say you do, you're going to have to prove it and stop the bimbo bullshit!" Shaylynn tells him.
"What about you and Jay?" he questions her.
"What about me and Jay? You see the difference here is I've only been with him since you and I separated! Where you've been with MULTIPLE women!" she says, "I have to go! I'd like to finish up with my job and get home!"
Shaylynn starts walking away leaving Severide standing in the middle of the street.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 726 40
The sequel to Fire Down Below (Matches & Gasoline) in the Ruling Chicago series. Published Sept 18, 2017
69.4K 1.2K 50
Hate groups have been terrorizing Chicago by setting off fire bombs in the sewers and planting bombs on the subway tracks, causing a lot of destructi...
297K 4.5K 38
Emily Halstead is an ex- FBI agent that is now a member of Squad 3, a specialist group of fire-fighters in Chicago. This story follows Emily's quest...
632 3 7
𝓜𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓶- 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓙. 𝓗𝓪𝓵𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝔁 𝓞𝓬