Nature's Freak - BOOK 1 ✔ (Un...

By EmotionalPerson01

Freya Jane Grinsly is known to be a "Freak". Everyone in her town see's her as a mysterious person and despi... More

Welcome Back!!!
Chapter 1: Who am I?
Chapter 2: Threatened to Break.
Chapter 3: Friend or Enemy?
Chapter 4: Something Bad to Come.
Chapter 5: Defenseless.
Chapter 6: Death Sentence.
Chapter 7: The Past Will Return.
Chapter 8: The Never Ending Night.
Chapter 9: The Deal Never Included Me.
Chapter 10: A Nightmare to Be Continued.
Chapter 11: Confusion At It's Finest
Chapter 12: Sweet and Innocent
New Book
Chapter 13: Bloodbath
Chapter 14: Sanctuary
OH....MY.....GOSH!!!!
Chapter 15: A Monster Who Loves
Chapter 16: Saved By The 'Monster' Himself
Republish Saved By The Devil Series?!
Chapter 17: Better Than A Pistol
Chapter 18: Fight to The Death
Chapter 19: Who's to Blame?
Chapter 20: Apologies and Energy
Chapter 21: Confession Day
Chapter 22: Road Trip
Chapter 23: No Breaks
PLEASE READ
Chapter 25: A Plan
Chapter 26: Ethan!
Chapter 27: That Makes Sense
Chapter 28: Stuck Beyond Help
Chapter 29: What Was Lost is Now Found
Chapter 30: Still Gone
Chapter 31: I Want Vengeance
Sequel
There Will Be A Book 2!! READ!!
BOOK 2 IS OUT!!

Chapter 24: It's A Weird Day

1.9K 88 5
By EmotionalPerson01

Finally, an update. I know right. Before you read this chapter, I suggest you read the previous chapter in case you don't remember what happened. Anyways, hope you enjoy. Love you all and have a great Christmas Eve!

~~~~

We were now back on the highway and the car fell into complete silence. No music, no talking, no tapping. Nothing. I looked in the rear-view mirror to see Hazel asleep on the seat and Ethan just looking out the window. I glimpsed over at Kai who was just driving. From the corner of my eye, I could see my phone being lite up from my lap. Looking down, I saw it was Victor text messages, missed calls and a few voicemail. He was right when he said he wouldn't give up.

Some part of me knows he understands why I am running but the other part of my just isn't sure he will ever accept it. I don't know why he doesn't want to accept it or if he will every let go. Whatever Victor wants, he gets. He plays by his own rules and can become ruthless when he doesn't get it. That's about to change. He's going to be playing by my rules from now on. The only way we were going to get through this is if I was a bit more focused and less emotional.

Ethan and I have very simple priorities. Once we are far away and we are sure we'll never be tracked down, I plan on settling down somewhere in a city and enroll Ethan back into school as soon as possible. As for myself, I will finish off my last year of school and probably get a job. If theirs enough money, I will go to college. If not, I'll save up for the time being. Kai would be with out throughout this. He could even be our roommate if he wants but I would have to talk it over with Ethan.

"We got a problem," Ethan's voice came out a bit on edge.

I turned in my seat to look at him only to see he was looking at his phone a bit tensed up. "What's wrong?" I asked a bit concerned. His eyes trailed up meeting my eyes and just by his look alone, I could tell it wasn't going to be no where near as bad as I think it will be.

"I read a text Victor sent to me. He says that the current 2 gangs he was fighting is also looking for us despite the leaders being locked up," Ethan read off from his phone. I felt my body go through a bit of shock as I took in the news. Now we have something else to run from. When will this ever end?

Letting out a sigh, I turned back around in my seat and stayed silent. How was I suppose to take care of this? We would be looking over our shoulders for the rest of our lives.

"Don't worry, everything will be okay," I reassure Ethan as I looked in the rear-view mirror. He gave me a small smile and nodded before turning to look at Hazel.

We spent the car drive in silence. Hours past by and I felt lost and sick to my stomach as I kept thinking about what had happen the last 2 week. I felt a bit overwhelmed to the point of crying when I thought about the people I had killed at Victor's house. I quickly looked outside and bit my lips to stop myself from crying.

It was now dark again and Kai had pulled up to a Taco Bell. We all got out the car and Ethan placed Hazel in his pocket.

"I'll be waiting by the car. I just need some air," I spoke to Kai and Ethan. They both nodded their heads.

"What do you want to eat?" Kai asked.

I shook my head, "I'm not hungry," I mumbled. "But you haven't ate for the day," Ethan frowned. I gave him a small smile, "Trust me, I'm not hungry," I reassured him.

Letting out a sigh, he just nodded before they all went inside. I watched as Kai slipped on his shades before they all walked inside and I released a heavy breath before tears were now slipping out. Looking around the parking lot, I saw there was not much cars around nor people to say the less since it was dark. It was probably midnight now if I had to guess.

Walking over to the empty side of the lot, more tears came out and I paced around trying to find a way to calm down before they came back. I clenched my fist in anger and my tears turned into a sob which just resulted in thunder echoing across the nigh sky. A hand landed on my shoulder and I wiped around to see it was Kai. I looked behind him to see Ethan was no where to be found.

"He's in the bathroom," he mumbled before wrapping me in a hug. I hugged him back and my sobs were now uncontrollable more than before. "Everything's going to be okay," he whispered into my hair.

The most cliché line in history and all I could think was bullshit. From the corner of my eye, I could see Ethan inside the restaurant making his way outside. I released Kai from the hug and quickly wiped away my tears before Ethan go see. Kai seem to have noticed back he gave a small smile before heading over to the car. I followed behind and got in the driver's seat.

Hazel got out of Ethan's pocket as they got into the backseat. Kai passed Ethan and Hazel their phone and even passed me a taco which I declined to. As I drove out the parking lot, they all started to eat in silence. After about 15 minutes, everyone had finished eating their food. Kai was on his phone and so was Ethan. Hazel on the other hand was just sitting on my lap as I drove.

I honestly feel so lost and a bit hopeless. I still have a lot of question unanswered from my parents and then there's Victor's enemies chasing us. The whole country would think we're missing since we're on the news now and this just makes the problem even worst. How are we even suppose to go anywhere with the everyone recognizing us. I'm surprise Taco Bell didn't even call us in but then again, the notice only came out today.

Stepping on the gas pedal a bit more, we passed some of the cars. After some time, I glimpsed at the time and saw it was almost 2 in the morning. It's amazing how you could just drive and have the time past by so quickly. I looked over to Kai who was still on his phone which was now hooked up to the charger connected to the car. Ethan was just knocked out again and Hazel was asleep on my lap.

Letting out a tired sigh, I looked towards the signs on the side of the road to see there was a hotel coming up. I know we basically just came out from a hotel not to long ago but I was getting tired. I didn't even want to stay in a hotel today since it was too close to the previous one.

"Kai," I called in a tried voice.

"Yeah?" he asked looking up from his phone. "Are you tired?" I asked.

He let out a chuckle and shook his head, "You want me to drive?" he asked but it came out more like a rhetorical question. I nodded my head, "Yes please," I gave a small smile.

"Sure thing. Just pull over to the gas station a mile up," he informed me.

I silently thanked him and continued to drive. Soon enough, a gas station was now in sight and I pulled up before placing Hazel next to Ethan and getting out the car. Kai also got out and we switched sides before hitting the road again.

"So after this is all over, what are you planning to do?" he asked in a soft tone making sure not to wake Ethan up. "Well," I started, "Ethan and I plan on moving into New York City. He would take up the offer on NYU and I would continue the rest of my high school year before going into college. We were also planning on you becoming our roommate if you want. I didn't ask Ethan about that yet but I know he'll be okay with it," informed him.

The corner of Kai's lips twitched up into a smile, "Sounds good. It kind of suck you'll have to repeat a whole year of high school just because of all this and you're only missing the last month of school and you don't even have to take any state test since you already took them last year and passed," he stated.

I nodded my head but stopped midway before raising an eyebrow, "How did you know I already took my exams?" I asked.

I don't think I've ever told him that.

"You told me," he causally replied with a smirk.

"Are you sure? I think I would remember if I told you," I replied a bit unsure.

He nodded his head, "I'm surprise you remember my name with everything happening this week," he jokingly responded causing me to chuckle a bit. Deciding to drop it, I sat back in my seat and looked at my phone to see a bunch of messages and missed calls from Victor.

As I opened up the missed calls and messages, I noticed something a bit strange. The last message and missed call I received from him was around the time we left the hotel. After that, there was no messages or a single call. Knowing Victor, he would call constantly and never give up. Is he finally giving up?

"What's wrong?" Kai's voice asked a bit concerned.

I shook my head, "Nothing," I lied as I locked my phone and gave him a small smile. He just gave me a blank look before giving me a small smile and looking back at the road.

I didn't feel like explaining this. It would just sound like I'm obsessing over Victor just dying for him to call and text even if I wouldn't respond. Truly speaking, something didn't feel right. I don't know if it's because I'm getting more paranoid or if it's because I'm tired and haven't ate anything today.

"Did you ever wonder if there's anyone else like us?" I found myself asking out loud.

Silence passed through the car and I turned to look at Kai who seem like he was debating whether or not to tell me something.

"There are," he then mumbled causing me to shiver a bit. The way he said it was more in a cold tone as if he didn't want me to know about this. "You will meet them when the time is right," he spoke before I could ask any questions.

It was pretty obvious he didn't want to talk about it and I respect that but just the way he talked about it made it seem like something was wrong. Deciding not to ask anymore questions, I just nodded and turned in my seat to look out the window. The rest of the car ride went quiet.

A few hours past by and we were now pulling into a town which had a hotel nearby. Kai pulled up into the parking lot before I got out the car and opened the back door. Ethan was still asleep and Hazel was up walking around the back seat. I stretched my hand towards him and he quickly climbed up.

"Ethan, get up," I spoke in a soft tone. He let out a tired and annoyed moan before shaking his head. "I don't feel good," his voice came out like a whimper.

I leaned the palm of my hand against his forehead only to feel he was burning up. "Ethan, you have a fever," I frowned. He let out another weak moan. "Coming on. You'll shower, eat, take some medicine and go to sleep," I stated as I hid Hazel in the hood of my hoodie.

Ethan shook his head, "That sounds like a lot of work," he protested.

"It will go by much faster if you work with me here," I chirped as I grabbed his hand. He slowly slid off the seat and closed the door before we made our way to the trunk.

"I got it," Kai hollered behind us. I turned to see him carrying all of our baggage and was halfway to the hotel's entrance. We quickly followed behind as he walked up to the front desk and placed the bags on the floor.

"One room, two beds for one night. I'm paying by credit," he ordered.

Ethan and I looked at each other before looking back at Kai who just gave the lady a stern look. We've never seen him this way. I would use the word cranky to describe him but he's way above that right now. Maybe he's just frustrated with us being chased around.

The lady typed in a few things along with swiping his credit card. "Don't you think Victor will know we were here if you used your credit card?" I asked in a soft tone.

Kai face shifted from the lady to me and even through his dark tinted shades, I could feel the intensity of his stare.

"Freya, darling, we don't have to worry about that with my car," his tone came out a bit edgy.

I just stared at him not knowing how to respond.

"He's your keys and hope you enjoy your stay," the lady nervously broke the silence. Kai took the keys and his card from her hand before picking up the bags again.

He passed me one key and I silently thanked him to which he just hummed in return. We took the elevator up to the fourth floor and made out way to our room. As soon as we walked in, Hazel jumped out my hood and ran around the room. I turned to look at Ethan who seemed like he was still half asleep.

"Go wash up and we'll grab some food and meds," I spoke in a soft tone. He nodded and grabbed his bag from Kai before heading into the bathroom.

"Is he okay?" Kai mumbled behind me

I nodded my head, "Yeah. I think he's just getting the -" I stopped in my track as I turned around to meet Kai's lightning blue eyes just inches away from my face, "-sick," I finished off. His eyes trailed up and down my body and I felt his cold icy breath against my cheek.

I felt my heart beat pick up the speed as he was now coming closer. I held my hand out against his chest causing him to stop. "Sorry but... I don't like you like that," I mumbled.

A bolt of lightning flashed through his pupil and I could tell he was rather mad than disappointed. "I don't like you that way either," his tone came out a bit cold, "but I have needs," he hissed.

I stood there in shock. What was happening? Why was he acting like this?

He then burst out laughing making me more confused than before.

"I'm just messing with you. You should've seen your face," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and playfully punched him. "Don't do that," I shrieked before he turned on his heels and walked into the bedroom. For the next ten minutes, I waited for Ethan to finish shower so I could get him food and some medicine before he sleeps again.

He eventually came out in a fresh pair of clothes and wet hair.

"Ready," he mumbled in a weak tone.

"Kai, we're going to grab some food. You coming?" I shouted.

"No, I'm not hungry. I'll be taking a nap," he shouted back.

"Okay!"

Hazel then came running out the bedroom chirping he wanted to come. He climbed up my leg and back into my hood. I grabbed Ethan's hand and walked out the room, into the elevator then out to the lobby. Walking up to the front desk, the lady looked up with a smile.

"How may I help you?" she asked in a soft warm tone.

"Hello! I was wondering where is the nearest restaurant and drug store?" I asked.

"Well, you're in luck because they're both about two blocks down. As soon as you walk out the parking lot, make a right and walk straight down. After two blocks, there's some food stores, drug stores and clothe stores as well," she informed me. I thanked her before Ethan and I left.

I looked at Ethan who see to be just forcing himself to stay up. I felt really awful he was going through this whilst sick. "Do you want to take the car or walk?" I asked knowing how tired he was.

"Let's just walk. I'm sick of that car," he scoffed.

I nodded my head and walked down the parking lot. A car was entering the parking lot so Ethan and I moved aside so the car could have more room to drive. As the car slowly drove up, I could see the windows were tinted but I was able to see the driver since his window was down. The guy in his 20's shot me a friendly smile which I returned. He continued driving and Ethan and I continued walking. It's nice to know at least some people are genuinely nice.

Ethan and I walked for about 5 minutes in silence before reaching a block full of stores. Looking around, I spotted a drug store and we made our way towards it. Walking in, Ethan and I made our way to the cold and flu aisle.

"How do you feel?" I asked as I browsed through the different type of medicine.

"Tried, sore throat, hot, dizzy, weak," he listed off.

I grabbed a two boxes of NyQuil pills, am and pm. "Dad always gets you NyQuil and that seems to work the best for you out of every other medicine you've took.

"Thank God they made a pill version of it. The liquid version gives me heartburn and smells bad," his nose twitch up as if he was vividly remembering the smell.

I let out a chuckle, "Let go."

I paid for medicine and headed towards a food store. Walking in, it was pretty clear this was more like a cold food store. There were salads, fruits, yogurts, sandwiches, sushi, and so much more. Ethan and I walked over to the sandwich aisle. We both picked up something and a yogurt.

"Hazel, what do you want? There's salads with some nuts and fruits in it, fruit cups, and yogurt," I informed him. I didn't mention the sandwich or sushi since I knew he wouldn't be able to eat it. He would only be able to eat a bite or two due to his stomach intake.

He chattered from inside my hood. I picked up a salad along with three bottles of water, a cup and a blue Gatorade for Kai and went to cash. After paying for everything, Ethan and I headed outside and headed back to the hotel. As we walked through the parking lot, Ethan tugged on my hoodie causing me to look at him.

"Can we eat out here?" he asked in a soft tone.

I nodded my head, "Sure we can but there's no where for you to sit," I chirped.

"We could eat by the car and sit on the trunk," he suggested. "Alright," I gave him a small smile. We headed over to the car and Ethan hopped up and sat on the trunk. I did the same and placed the food and medicine between us. I took Hazel out of my hood and placed in between Ethan and I. I set up his food along with Ethan's before I started eating.

"Has your fever lowered since you showered?" I asked before taking a bit of my sandwich.

Ethan shrugged, "I'm not sure."

We stayed quiet and ate in complete silence. After about 10 minutes, we finished eating. I drank some of my water before opening Hazel's bottle for him and pouring some for him in the cup. I hopped off the trunk and opened a box of the Nyquil pm pills. I gave Ethan two which he took with water.

I placed my hand against his forehead to feel his fever had the same temperature. "You're going to try and get some rest when we go upstairs," I ordered. He nodded his head and gave me a small smile which I returned. I cleaned up everything and placed Hazel back in my hood.

We headed back inside the hotel and up the elevator. Getting off of elevator, we walked up to our room. I went to unlock the room but stopped when I heard some muffling coming from the other side. Another voice passed through and I recognized it as Kai's voice followed by a feminine voice. I took Hazel out my hoodie and passed him to Ethan who gave me a curious look.

"Someone else is in there. Wait here," I spoke in a stern hush tone. He nodded his head and I slid the key card on the door causing it to unlock. I walked in and saw woman clothes scattered across the floor. I then heard a moan coming from the bedroom. I felt my stomach turn upside down.

As I walked into the bedroom, I saw Kai and some girl I've never seen before having sex.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I shouted in anger. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 4.6K 47
After Freya Henderson's father goes missing mysteriously, she and her mother are left having their house repossessed, and end up staying with a famil...
146K 3.5K 53
A simple mute girl who lives in a world of silence and serenity with her grandmother. A ruthless cruel mafia who lives in the world of women,drugs an...
71K 3.4K 40
She was meant for a simple life. A family involving parent's unconditionally in love and who dearly love their own. A little brother she'd do anythi...
95.4K 3.1K 83
"This is the story of Hazel..a tale I tell to others...a tale not many know of.. Such a loving child with her brother. So bright and full of life. Y...