Luna and the Moon [H.S]

Od ingeniousstyles

He couldn't stop himself from staring at the two most beautiful things in front of him... Luna and the moon b... Více

REWRITTEN
Epigraph
prologue + characters *
1: luna *
2: harry *
3: fruity talk
4: funerals + late texts
5: bad house party
6: explanation?
7: irrational decisions.
8: strangers > friends.
9: packers.
10: jackass boss
11: goodnight moon
12: drunken mess.
13: foible.
14: under the covers.
15: pillow... talk.
16: the night before.
17: meet the family.
18: trashed.
19: exes and ohs.
20: Christmas Morning.
21: "Quit flirting with my girlfriend"
22: red wine.
23: moonlight.
24: heartbroken.
25: missing piece.
26: busy.
27: wandering hands and outbursts.
28: missing.
29: scream.
30: faithfully yours.
31: letter.
32: birthday banana muffins.
33: tired.
34: trolley.
35: overwhelming.
36: first day.
37: this isn't a date.
38: waiting.
39: thinking.
40: supermarket flowers.
41. fix a heart.
42: cake.
43: photo.
44: tell me.
45: naked.
46: two most beautiful things...
47: blast from the past.
48: daddy's backstory.
49: forgiveness.
50: why.
51: key.
53: bathroom floor.
54: change.
55: rainy day.
56: roller disco.
SORRY
57: 14.
58: snuggle.
59: moving vans.
60: mother-in-law.
61: white dresses.
62: livid.
63: come back home.
64: battlefield.
65: talk to me.
Long time no see..
66: nineteen.
67: one week until paris.
68: six days until paris.
69: five days until paris.
70: four days until paris.
71: three days until paris.
72: two days until paris.
73: tomorrow...
74: paris.
75: paris, part 2
76: SPEECHLESS.
EPILOGUE #1 | Baby's First Christmas

52: surprise?

1K 45 22
Od ingeniousstyles

^ made a manip :/ enjoy this chapter, and do remember comment along its a good one :) XX

Harry was already awake when I opened my eyes this morning, his back was to me as he sat at the edge of his side of the bed staring out the window. It was rather dull outside this morning, the sky was grey and the clouds were almost black. Tiny splatters of rain bounced against the window, the sound echoing around the room.

"Baby, why are you awake?" I groggily asked, crawling towards where he sat. I swung my legs over his thigh, sitting beside him and cuddling his bicep in my arms.

"Couldn't sleep is all," he shrugged casually. His hands squeezing my legs that lay over his thigh. "Did I wake you?"

"No no," I smiled lazily, resting my forehead against his warm shoulder. "How couldn't you sleep?"

"Just thinking about the new house."

"What about it?" I asked.

His head tilted to look my way, his lips kissing my forehead before he lay his cheek against the top of my head. "Just how good it's going to be. This new chapter for us is going to be so worth it, so worth everything we've gone through."

I smiled against his skin, I knew he could feel it as his hand immediately reached for my hand to squeeze. I moved my head back so I could actually look him in the eyes. Those beautiful light green eyes that resemble the skin on a pear, growing on a large tree in a big garden in the summer.  "I can't wait either."

His grin was infectious. Childlike.

"Are you working today?" I asked, getting up from where I was on the bed and walking towards the door of the bedroom. 

I froze at the door, half my leg out and looking back at Harry who was stretching his bare arms in the sky. "Yeah, I've got to head off in half an hour actually," he yawned.

"I'll make you something to eat, and you can go get ready," I demanded gently, blowing a quick kiss and leaving him in the bedroom.

I heard the bathroom door open and close again, the sound of running water and his soft voice singing sweet melodies he made up. Harry has the most exquisite voice, it's ever so soothing but also raspy in all the ways that women love male voices. I made a strawberry and banana smoothie and poured up two glasses before making a start on some toast. Knowing Harry hasn't got a lot of time to sit and eat, I'd need to give him something small but filling. I think I've mastered that.

I reached over the island in the kitchen to where I left my phone last night, I never feel the need to use it so I sometimes forget I even own one. I had one text from some unknown number.

From Unknown, 11:37pm
Hi Luna, it's Sophia. You probably don't remember me but I'm worried about Harry, I'm not supposed to say anything but Liam sure as hell won't. You're the only person I thought about, I got your number from Gemma. Please get back to me when you can. And don't tell Harry thanks xx.

I immediately texted her back, wasting not a single second to find out what is worrying Harry's friends.

To Sophia, 7:41am
Hi Sophia. What's worrying you?? Harry's fine. I mean he just bought us a house, that's gotta mean he's fine right haha... I can call you when he leaves for work if you want? X

From Sophia, 7:43am
Hello!! Yeah, it would be better to speak over the phone... Or in person? I'm off work today, only up to make breakfast for my incapable fiancé who can't cook his own breakfast aha. I can come over if you send the address? X

Also congrats on moving in... He never told us...

To Sophia, 7:44am
Fiancé?? Yeah I'll send you the address ASAP. X

From Sophia, 7:45am
We seriously have a lot to talk about Luna.

___

Harry finished the last of his toast, practically scoffing down as quickly as he could before stumbling over his own feet trying to tie up his laces. He wore black trousers with a crisp white shirt tucked in, apparently he had no clean ties here so he had no choice but to go without one today.

I could barely make small talk at the table, my brain was way too preoccupied thinking about the fact Sophia was coming over at half eight – in ten minutes – and I had no idea what was wrong. All I know is it concerns my boyfriend, and that's enough to make me worry.

"You alright?" He chuckled, leaning round the corner of the mini hallway. "I just asked if you wanted to go out for dinner tonight? It's been a while since we went on a date."

"Yeah I'm fine, I'll think about it and let you know," I smiled forcefully. His frown was evident but he softened up and came towards me.

"I'll see you later then," he smiled, kissing my lips quickly. The kiss was enough to shoot electricity down my spine. "I love you."

"Love you too," I smiled sincerely. And just like that he moved away from me and left the apartment, leaving me all alone with all my thoughts. Harry tells me everything, he's always told me what is wrong in his life or with him, I wouldn't be the last to know something would I? What does Sophia know that I don't already know?

Minutes flew past before a knock sounded from the front door, I yelled that it was open and in came Sophia. Her hair was shorter than I remember, just above her shoulder, still that same chocolatey shade of brown that it was when we first met. She wore high waisted black jeans, black and white vans and a white crop top. The smile on her face calmed my uneasy stomach that twirled and danced to some unheard upbeat tempo.

"Hi stranger," she giggled, widening her arms out for a hug. I gracefully fell into her embrace, a sweet floral scent swirling up my nose.

"Hey," I laughed, separating from the hug and guiding her to the living room. She sat on the other side of the couch and pulled her legs up to her chest and I copied her pose on the opposite side of the chair. "What's new?"

"Well besides Liam and I being engaged, that's about it," she shrugged. "Nothing interesting, just busy planning a wedding."

"I can't believe you're engaged and didn't tell us," I frowned, slightly offended Harry and I had no idea this was happening.

"Hey! I sent Harry several texts, so did Liam. We had an engagement party and Harry said he couldn't make it," Sophia explained. I wonder why Harry didn't tell me? "That's what I wanted to talk about."

"What, your engagement?"

"No," she sighed. "Harry. He's MIA, we haven't heard from him in so long, and if we do it's one text about him being fine. Liam found out about Robin through Gemma, Harry dodged us when we came over and ignored every text and call. He's been this way for months, even before we first met," she shook her head disapprovingly.

I do remember Sophia saying something about Harry being somewhat of a loner. Never around. If Harry doesn't talk to his so called friends, who is he talking too? He can't just talk to me, I know what lonely is like. It's not great.

"Wait so you guys don't know how he is? You've not spoken to him yourselves?" I asked, she shook her sadly. It baffles me that Harry still calls them his friends but hasn't actually seen any of them in person since the party he took me too, after my parents funeral. That was so long ago. "How about you stay till he's home? He'll be back from work about four so you and all the gang can come over. It can be a party for us moving in together," I shrugged with a hopeful smile on my lips.

"You're both moving in here?"

"No, not here. He bought this really nice big house, it's got two bedrooms and a garden... It's a fresh start for us, half way from here and the school he works at. It's a good move and we're really excited about it," I beamed. I still cannot believe I'm leaving the small apartment I've called my home for so long. I'm going to share a home with someone I see as my own home. He's who I go to when I'm struggling, when I need some emotional stability. And that's what a home is.

Whenever I heard someone romantically call someone their home I had the urge to laugh, I mean, it sounds ridiculous. But that's just what Harry is. My home.

When you're struggling, in pain – emotional or physical – you go home. When you need a break, rest, comfort – you go home. Home is where everyone goes, and when you love somebody so much that you turn to them for all the help, comfort and stability that a home can provide for you, you know you have found your new home.

"I'm happy for you guys, I wish I knew about it, but whatever reason Harry has to not speak to us, that's okay. We forgive him. He's had a rough few months," Sophia smiled. "If Harry is okay with us coming over, then yes, I'll invite everyone and help you sort food and stuff out."

"He'll be fine with it."

Oh how I thought he would have been...

_____

Liam, Louis, Niall and Zayn all arrived around three thirty. Sophia called Gigi to come over as soon as she possibly could. Apparently Gigi is Zayn's new girlfriend, and the boys don't really like her or something. Or maybe they don't know her, I can't remember what Sophia said. Anyway, she came over and became the cook that saved the day. It turns out not only can I not cook, but neither can Sophia, she struggled to turn the kettle on... That made it clear she didn't really cook and it must be Liam that feeds the girl.

I got a text from Harry about popping to the shop to grab some microwaveable popcorn, I asked if we could watch a movie tonight. Little does he know all his friends are here and the movie is a wind down for both of us later, after everyone is gone.

It's not some surprise party, but it kind of is. We aren't going to scream surprise at him when he walks in the door, but because he doesn't actually know anyone besides me is here, it's kind of a surprise. Almost like I knew he was coming a jingle of keys came from outside the door, and the door handle moved down. My heart was in my stomach and I waited patiently for the door to actually open, but I wish it hadn't.

Harry entered the apartment, his eyes scanning every single person in the room. He looked like a hawk eyeing up his pray, or a starving lion creeping up on his food. Nobody moved, we just stopped and stared at the man who entered the room.

"What are you all doing here?" He asked warily, before his sharp green eyes landed on me. His tense shoulders visibly relaxed, and a long sigh escaped his lips. "Seriously? You have to get involved with shit that has nothing to do with you, every single time!?"

"Excuse me?" I practically growled. "How am I getting involved? I don't know what is going on! All I know is Sophia came to me concerned about her fiancé's best friend, that supposed best friend that hasn't contacted anyone in months. I'm not getting involved, I simply let your friends come over because they miss you."

"If I wanted to see people, I'd make the effort to see them. Think about it you idiot, if I wanted to see them I'd have seen them!"

"Wow, insulting your girlfriend as well. You know, you have friends and a family and you choose to ignore and leave them in the dark. I don't have that option. You have such a privilege of knowing such incredible people, and having your family alive and nearby. You're lucky, and you're throwing it away every chance you get. I'm lonely, you don't have to be but you're choosing to be! It's... It's maddening!" My fists tangled up in my hair as I screamed my frustration at him. "I want friends and I can't get any because I lost my job, and that was your fault!"

"It wasn't my fault, your boss tried rape you that's what happened! I had nothing to do with you —"

"Harry!" Zayn snapped suddenly. "She has nothing to do with this okay, we wanted to see you because we miss our friend. Don't you dare shout at your girlfriend for being so kind and caring, all she does is care for you."

Harry looked defeated, like he saw his mistakes and his inner self was telling him how much he messed up in less than five minutes. "I'm sorry," he said sadly, his puppy eyes looking at me. "I'm sorry to all of you. But I have a reason for not talking to you all, I just don't want to talk about it okay."

"Okay," Sophia smiled softly at him. "If you don't want to tell us it's okay, just don't push any of us away anymore Harry. We've all been friends for years, how many times did we all say we were going to be like those old grey people that have little friendship groups we call goals?" She laughed.

For a moment I saw a light in Harry's eyes, one that I saw burn out back in Holmes Chapel when Robin died. It was back, it was slowly sparking up and getting ready to roar and flicker in the dark.

His smile was breathtaking.

You know when you see someone smile, but it's not just some ordinary smile, it's a smile that is like someone seeing the whole world right before their eyes. Like they're seeing something they've never seen before and it's one of the most amazing things they've ever seen. Or when they've done something they have been way too scared to do, like jumping out a plane or bungee jumping off a bridge.

Harry has that smile. He's gotten his friends back, and whatever the reason was as to why he went MIA on them, has long gone. Disappeared into thin air and left him to be happy, finally. Maybe moving in with me for real is another reason for his happiness, well I hope so anyway.

"Sit down, tell us all about this new house of yours then," Liam smiled happily, wrapping his hand around Harry's wrist and pulling him towards the couch. Harry came past me and I felt his hand slide across my arm, the touch was peaceful enough to assure me everything between us is okay.

"Luna? In my bag is a brown envelope, it's pictures of the house, take them over here," Harry called. I nodded and exited the living room and headed down the small hallway, picking up his brown satchel that he keeps all his files for work in. Sticking out the top was the brown packet with the photos of our house, the photos I hadn't even seen yet. I tugged it out and leaned over to zip up the bag, I spotted something thick and small at the bottom of the bag, it was causing the bag to not zip up completely as the material of the bag wasn't stretchy enough.

I dipped my hand inside the bag to move the object out the way so I could zip the bag up completely, it'll annoy Harry if he loses anything out this bag. My fingers grazed the box, the soft velvet material made me frown, what a strange object. I wrapped my fingers completely around the small square box and pulled it out.

The air around my head was so thin I could have fainted right there and then, the knot in my throat made my breathing so shallow I thought I'd choke and die. In the palm of my hand sat a small square velvet box, the material was red and a thin gold band ran through the middle where it opens. I shouldn't open it, but I can't help myself. I put the envelope containing the photos under my armpit, fumbling to open the box as quickly as I possibly could. I knew what I would find inside, I just hoped I would be wrong.

But I wasn't wrong. There perched inside soft red velvet was a chunky diamond sat on top of a thin silver band. A damned engagement ring.

__________________________

A/n: not gonna lie, this ending wasn't supposed to happen hahahahah I literally came up with it at the last minute. Be prepared for the next chapter...

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
162K 7.9K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
207K 13.7K 19
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
612K 13.8K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.