❦ Ever So Graceful ༻ SatoSere

Por Squuishyy

Ash Ketchum is an "ordinary" 18-year-old boy who has just graduated from Kanto High. Everything in his depre... Mais

❦ Preview & Information
❦ Prologue
❦01.
❦02.
❦03.
❦04.
❦05.
❦06.
❦07.
❦08.
❦09.
❦10.
❦11.
❦12.
❦13.
❦14.
❦15.
❦16.
❦17.
❦18.

❦Christmas Special❦

2.9K 72 88
Por Squuishyy

(This chapter does not actually relate to the actual plot. It's just a special Christmas one-shot for the holidays :3)

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

Christmas.

The season of gifts and gingerbread men.

The season of snowflakes and vivid lights, decorating the streets.

But most of all,

The season where you get to spend quality time with those you love.

For me, I didn't really care about all the lights and fancy stuff.

After all, it wouldn't feel warm and special if you put up the lights alone, only to spend Christmas that same way.

I've spent Christmas like that, alone, before I came here.

Before I met her.

The girl who brought color to my world.

"Ash! Over here!!" Her voice calls out in the distance.

I wave and finish my hot cocoa, burning my mouth with the steaming hot chocolate.

 Tossing the empty foam cup into the bin, I briskly walk through the streets lined with Christmas lights and snow. 

Music from a nearby café begins to play, making the winter scenery seem even more heartwarming.

Oh the weather outside is frightful

But the fire is so delightful

And since we've no place to go

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!"

I smile softly as I make it onto the vicinity of the campus.

Before I could even call out her name, a pair of hands dressed in soft mittens wrap around my face, covering my eyes.

"Guess who?" She asks happily.

"The amazing princess of Kalos, I'm guessing?"

She lets go and I turn around to meet her cerulean blue eyes, accompanied by her bright smile.

"Right ya are!" Serena says, beaming.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

We walk together around the campus hand in hand, admiring the winter scenery before entering the tram headed towards the palace.

"Whew, it's getting chilly out there," Serena says, taking off her mittens and rubbing her hands together.

"Yeah,"

"Do you think it'll snow?"

"Probably. I mean the sky is pretty cloudy right now," I say, gazing into the clouded sky from the window.

"Hey Ash?"

I turn my head back towards her.

"What's up?"

"I have a special surprise for you once we arrive at the palace," She says, her eyes sparkling.

"Oooh, what is it?"

"Dummy, I can't tell you. It wouldn't be a surprise then," She says, giggling.

I pout sarcastically, making her laugh even more.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

We continued our little antics before arriving at the palace.

As we exited the tram, my eyes gazed upon the beautifully decorated building.

Candy canes, snowmen, Christmas lights, all sorts of things dressed up the already amazing royal Kalosian palace.

I stood there, breathless at the brilliant sight.

"Well, what'd ya think? My mother and I have been working hard to put all these decorations up!" She says proudly.

"This is amazing!"

She giggles once again.

"That's not even half of the surprises I have in store for you, let's go inside!"

As we walk through the doorway, I enter with my back touching the open door, staying away from the center to avoid the traditional decoration.

"Aww Ash, you ruined the fun!" Serena pouts, pointing to the mistletoe above the doorway.

"Hey, I don't want this chapter to be even more cheesy and cliché than it already is," I say, chuckling.

She pouts once again.

"I don't forgive you,"

"Okay okay. What can I do for you to forgive me?"

She places her hand on her chin as if in thought.

"Hmm... Oh!" Her eyes light up with an idea.

Here we go...

"I want you to take a good look at the girl in front of you and say your thoughts about her,"

"That's it?" I say, surprised.

"Mhm! Now do it!"

"So the girl in front of me, hmm?"

My eyes gaze at her features, from her eyes to her hips.

She blushes and puts her hands on herself, as a cover.

"Stop staring, you creep..!"

"What is this now, some tsundere personality change?"

She gives me a dubious stare.

"Ash,"

"Okay okay," I put my hands up in defeat.

"Hmph! Whatever, follow me, Ash!" She says, happily skipping through the halls of the palace.

"Hey, wait up!"

"Nope! You're too slow,"

Well someone's childish today, haha.

We enter the living room and sit down by the fire, next to the large Christmas tree.

Serena plays a holiday movie and we cuddle with a warm blanket next to the fire, eating gingerbread cookies and drinking more hot cocoa.

What can be better than this?

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

As the movie comes to an end, we both venture outside to view the clear sky lit up with the majestic Kalos Northern lights.

Serena rests her head on my shoulder as we gaze at the magnificent view of the winter night sky.

"Ash, I'm so happy..." She says quietly as we gaze at the stars together.

I smile softly.

"Of course. It's the Christmas season, isn't it?"

"I don't mean that, I mean it's true, but..."

Her cheeks warm up slightly as she gazes at me.

"The stars in the sky and the northern lights... To be here looking at them at this time, just being in this place with you Ash, everything..."

She sighs happily.

"It makes me so happy. This is the happiest I've been in a long time... And I'm so proud of myself... you know, being in love with you and everything," She says, her eyes sparkling as her cheeks glow red.

"...I love you Serena, and I mean it when I say it." 

She closes her eyes softly.

"...I know you do..."

She smiles, but this one was special.

This little, itty-bitty smile.

Regardless of how gentle her smile was, I could tell it was of true happiness.

"...We'll be together forever, won't we?" She says softly, lifting her head from my chest.

"Of course we will, I'm sure of it..." I say, our lips colliding as I finish my sentence.

I've found my true happiness too.

After a moment, our lips part and we lock eyes, both of our cheeks glowing red.

"Merry Christmas, Ash. From the bottom of my heart, I love you." She says, her cerulean eyes sparkling with the stars in the night sky.

"I love you too, Serena. Merry Christmas, my princess,"

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

ᴇɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

Author's Note

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

I hope you all enjoyed this short little one-shot for my favorite holiday season c:

Merry Christmas :)

And for those of you celebrating Hanukkah,

Happy Hanukkah :)

Have an amazing New Year, and I hope you all get to spend time with those you love.

I'll see you all in 2018!

- Squash

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

30.8K 631 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...
42.3K 1.8K 34
The whole point of Travelling across the regions for Ash was to not have a boring life with a corporate job, but now, 8 years later, he has both of t...
7.5K 193 19
He's finally done it. The boy all the way from little old Pallet Town is now officially a Pokemon Master. Ash Ketchum lifts the trophy high with a ce...
18.7K 371 11
Ash Ketchum is a man of his word. Ever since he left on his journey, he's been keeping every single promise he's made. Once, he made promises to all...