Belief - A Tom Hiddleston St...

By CrashCrushed

Emilie is a make up artistry student studying in Edinburgh. Her dreams come true when the chance of a work pl... More

Belief - A Tom Hiddleston Story
Chance
Opportunity
Packing
Leaving
Bump
Meeting
Set
Work
Admit
Dilemma
Dinner
Explain
Lunch
Panic!
Date
After
Arrival
Tour
Morning
Naps
Finally
Out
Lily
Shirt
Tears
Knot
Night
Eye
Leaving
Home
Milk & Teabags
Coffee and Surprises
Walking & Shopping
Marvel Shower Gel

Graduation Day

4K 121 12
By CrashCrushed

I returned back to the table where Tom was waiting, placing his mug of tea down in front of him. "So, do you have everything you need now?" He asked as we sat in a small cafe, just a few hundred yards from the shop where I had bought my dress.

"I think so." I sighed lightly, "I'll borrow a bag from Viv - she has hundreds - and I'll have shoes somewhere." I racked my brains trying to think of appropriate shoes. I wasn't the kind girl who had loads of high heels - much preferred the comfort of my Vans or Converse. I shrugged at him, pouring the milk into my tea, "I'll manage something." I smiled at him through the steam of my tea as I lifted the mug to my lips.

Tom looked at me, put down his mug and sighed, grabbing my hand over the table. He rubbed my knuckles with his thumb - it was something he often did and, I have to admit, I loved it. "What do you mean you'll have them somewhere?" He questioned as I moved my hand to interlock my fingers with his.

"I mean I'll have a pair of shoes kicking around the flat somewhere. I'll find something." I smiled, "The dress was just slightly more expensive and ate into my budget a bit more than I planned." I laughed nervously.

Tom looked me dead in the eyes, "Will you let me buy you new shoes?" He asked, his eyes full of sincerity. I froze for a few seconds, my brain taking a while to come up with an answer.

"I can't let you do that, Tom. It's a lovely offer, but no. You don't need to spend money on me." I squeezed his hand, confirming my answer.

"But I want to." His face was gentle as he spoke. "I want to do this for you. Your dress is stunning and you're going to look beautiful. Please let me do this for you." He leaned closer to me, lowering his voice, "I won't take no for an answer." He kissed my cheek before sitting back in his seat once more.

"Look, Harvey Nicholls is just over the square. Why don't we head there?"

"What?!" I nearly choked on my tea, "No! You're not taking me there. That place is far too expensive!"

Next thing I knew, Tom was holding the shiny department store door open for me, ushering me in with his large hand on the small of my back. He stopped to speak to the door man, "We're looking for shoes for this lady, which floor please?"

"Second floor, sir. Escalators are just to the right." 

"Thank you." Tom nodded and the door man touched the brim of his hat.

We made it to the second floor and, as we came over the curve of the escalator, I was presented with more pairs of shoes than I had ever seen in my life. Concessions of every designer were located on this floor. I didn't know where to start.

I moved off of the escalator taking a few steps forward just staring in awe.

"Any pair you like, my darling girl." Tom whispered in my ear before kissing my neck and grabbing my hand, encouraging me to move around and look.

I slowly wandered round the entire floor hand in hand with Tom. Gucci, Prada, Jimmy Choo - all with countless pairs on display. I was like a child in a toy shop - staring everywhere in awe.

Then I saw them. Their patent leather gleaming in the light as they rotated on the small mechanical platform they sat on. They were beautiful.

Tom saw me staring, "Try them on." he encouraged me.

I looked from him, back to the shoes which, as they had turned, revealed their red sole. 

Louboutins.

"Tom, I can't! They're Louboutins!" I gasped, "Do you know how expensive those are?!" 

He shrugged, smiling, "I've got a rough idea." He laughed gently, nudging me towards the stand.

"Can I help at all?" The sales assistant came over to us, a small smile on his face.

"Yes," Tom spoke up, cutting me off before I had the chance. "She would like to try those on, please." He pointed to the case containing the rotating shoes which I was still looking at.

"Of course, may I ask which size?" The assistant looked at me.

"Uh, I, I, Uh, 5 please." I stuttered out. He smiled and, with a small nod of his head, went away to grab the shoes.

"Tom, I, uh, you, you can't be serious." I spoke, taking a seat on the velvet covered bench in the middle of the floor, not really believing what was happening.

Tom joined me, holding my hand, "When I said any pair I meant any pair." He kissed my cheek, "I want to do this for you. Let me do this for you."

I turned, cupping his cheek with my hand and kissing him moments before the assistant returned with the shoes. I slipped my feet into them and stood up, walking over to the mirror to admire how they looked. I fell in love with them instantly. The black patent leather wrapped around my heel, dipping in a gentle curve, before running down my foot and coming to a classic point. As I spun, the red sole gleamed underneath.

I looked up to see both Tom and the sales assistant smiling at me. I grinned back and Tom leaned slightly closer to the assistant, but never taking his eyes off me, "She'll take them."

10 minutes later, we walked hand in hand out of the store. The bag containing the shoes in one hand, Tom's hand in the other.

"I honestly can't thank you enough, Tom." I smiled up at him, "I don't even know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything, just seeing you this happy is more than enough for me." He bent down to kiss me as we waited to cross the road.

"I promise I'll look after them." I said, Tom laughing at my childlike promise, "And I'll wear them with everything."

His eyes darkened as he leant down to my ear, "And hopefully with nothing, too." He smirked and I almost melted.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1 WEEK LATER - GRADUATION DAY

"VIV!" I shouted through the wall between mine and Viv's bedrooms. "YEAH?" Came the muffled reply.

"CAN YOU COME CURL THE BACK OF MY HAIR FOR ME?" I had managed the rest of my head fine but, as usual, couldn't do the back properly.

I was sat cross legged on the floor in front of my mirror, Viv behind me on a chair as she curled my hair.

The bathroom door opened and I heard Tom's footsteps approaching. He came through the door and we both turned to look at him.

"Sir Thomas!" Viv screeched and I could only laugh at her nickname for him, "Put some clothes on." She covered my eyes as Tom stood there in nothing but a towel. Laughing, I grabbed her hand and moved it from my eyes winking at Tom. A smirk graced his lips as he ran a hand through his wet hair - I swear that happened in slow motion. That man knew exactly what he was doing. Tom grabbed some clothes and headed back to the bathroom to get dressed.

"Ugh, he looked so hot." I spoke after he had left. Viv smacked me on the shoulder with the hairbrush, causing me to rub it after. "Concentrate, lady. We only have a short time left." She said before bursting into a fit of giggles. "He did look good though Em, you know how to pick them." She winked at me in the mirror before going back to my hair.

Half an hour later I was putting the finishing touches to my makeup. I pulled my dress off of the hanger and slipped into it. There was a knock at the door before it opened slightly, "Ready when you are, darling." Tom's disembodied voice spoke. 

"Perfect timing," I said, this made the door open and Tom appeared, "Can you zip me up?"

"With pleasure." He made his way towards me as I turned my back to him,  moving my hair out of the way. "You'll be the most beautiful woman in the room today." He smiled, pulling the fabric taught with one hand while the other slowly pulled the zip up my back.

He placed a kiss on my shoulder, "I'll leave you to finish." He left the room and I moved over to grab the shoes and slipping them on.

One last look in the mirror. Not too bad, Em. I thought, smoothing the fabric once more before grabbing my bag and heading to the living room.

My shoes clicked gently on the wooden floor causing Viv to turn in my direction, smiling. Tom was on the phone in the kitchen, his back to me. He turned around and stopped mid conversation, mouth falling open as he looked me up and down - pausing at the heels for a second. He regained himself long enough to tell whoever he was talking to that he had to go.

He looked gorgeous. His black suit fitted him perfectly. Underneath was alight grey shirt, the top couple of buttons undone. He blinked and swallowed - his Adams apple bobbing gently - as he took me in again, walking slowly towards me, his eyes never leaving mine. He lifted my hand to his lips, kissing it gently while still looking me in the eye. "You look so beautiful, Emilie."

I couldn't help but blush slightly - Tom's eye contact was intense today. "Thank you, you look so good Tom." I bit my bottom lip and heard a cough.

"Uh, yeah, Hi. Best friend still in the room.." Viv laughed, "Keep the ravishing of each other for later, yeah?"

"Oh, I can't promise that now Viv." Tom said winking and wrapping his arm around me. "Ladies, you both look absolutely stunning. Shall we?" He asked holding out both his arms. We took one each and headed out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After the ceremony I headed out into the crowded foyer searching for Tom, Viv and my family. We were all heading out for a meal together and I had yet to see any of them today.

A few more seconds and I saw the unmistakeable whirlwind that was Viv's hair. It would bounce into view - she was obviously doing the same thing I was, searching for everyone. I weaved my way through the crowd, bumping into and congratulating fellow classmates and trying to keep a hold of my gown.

Eventually I made my way through the throng and finally found my family. My dad was the first to wrap me in a hug. "I am so proud of you my sweet girl. So, so proud." He whispered in to my hair as we embraced. Pulling away, I had managed in holding back my tears. "He's a lovely man, Em. I like him." He whispered again before I moved on to my mum and sister, both of them squeezing me in a congratulatory hug. Viv was the last to give me a hug before she left to celebrate with her family, "I'll see you back at the flat, hun." Then she disappeared back into the crowd.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sitting in the restaurant, I was chatting with my mum and my sister - we were long overdue a catch up. "By the way, Em - those shoes!" My sister gasped, having seen them earlier at the ceremony. "You been putting overtime or something?" My sister was a big fan of shoes and knew exactly what they were from the moment she laid eyes on them.

"The overtime barely paid for my dress." I laughed at her confused face, "Tom bought these for me, despite my numerous protests."

I looked over the table to Tom and my dad - they were deep in conversation - I loved that they were getting along so well. I just kept looking at Tom, a small smile on my face. That man really was something else.

"Well, I think he's a keeper." She nudged my side and smiled at me before my gaze moved over to the other side of the table once more.

My thought were interrupted by mum's voice, "Presents!" She squealed, her hands clasping together with excitement before giving dad a knowing nod. He produced a small gift bag from under the table, handing it over to me. I opened it and pulled out a small white box. Opening it slowly, a small silver Pandora charm sat on a cushion - it was a tiny graduation cap. 

I smiled up at mum and dad, "Thank you. Thank you so much." before turning to mum who helped me take off my bracelet so I could add my new charm.

Next, my sister handed me a slightly bigger bag, "It's nothing special, I just wanted something for you to remember to day by." I pulled the tissue paper out of the bag and looked inside, before pulling out a gorgeous silver photo frame that had the date engraved onto it. "Thank you so much Kate, this is so awesome. You realise I need a photo to fill it though, right?" I smirked at my sister.

Tom cleared his throat before he spoke, "I'll take it for you." And he reached out to take my camera from me but my dad cut him off, "Indeed you will not. You'll need to be in the photo too, son." I grinned at my dad calling Tom 'son' before speaking.

"How about we take one outside in the gardens since it's such a nice day."

Everyone nodded and agreed, "Sounds lovely darling," Tom spoke again and I could see mum swoon at his use of the world 'darling', "but can I give you my gift first?"

I looked over at him, almost disapprovingly, "You did not get me a gift." I denied, "You just bought me shoes!" I exclaimed.

"and...?" Tom challenged me to argue with him. He reached into his suit jacket pocket and pulled out a slim white envelope, sliding over the table to me. I reached over and took it from him, confused. He looked at me smiling, silently encouraging me to open it. 

I peeled it open and inside was a laminated piece of card, the logo for the new Thor film printed on the front and '22.10.13' on the reverse. I looked up at him, my eyebrows knitted together confusion, waiting on him to explain.

"Well, you did say you'd be disappointed that you wouldn't get to see my face on the billboard in Leicester Square." His hand reached for mine, I locked my fingers with his, "And I'd hate to disappoint you, darling." He smiled gently as I eventually realised what he was saying.

"Are you giving me what I think you're giving me?" I asked.

"Will you accompany me to the Thor premiere?" He asked, his face lighting up with a smile.

I grinned, shoving my seat back and rushing over to him. Tom stood up, arms open, waiting on me to dive into them. "I'd love to!" I squealed, before kissing him with a smile on my face.

--------------------------------------------

Seriously, that photo. How can one man look so gorgeous!

In the edit, I added the extended bit about the shoes. I had the idea and I couldn't not.

Hope you enjoy!

Big Love.

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 905 30
Not your typical love story. An American student travels to London to study when she meets the man of every girl's dreams. He's funny, cute, charming...
65.1K 1.7K 40
My name is Jessica James. I'm 22 Years old, I'm originally from Newcastle but I now live in London with my twin toddlers Holly and Harlee. When I was...
85.4K 2.5K 37
Alice Sherbrooke spends her days as a college student and office assistant to her Shakespeare professor, Tom Hiddleston. The two share a bond and hav...
40.4K 825 29
Just a little warning: This is a Professor (Tom) x Student (you) and it does contain some smut. πŸ„πŸ„ VERY SLOW UPDATESπŸ„πŸ„ Probably a week or two b...