Is it Real or Not?

By MJQuality

Its 1991 and Michael Jackson is busy preparing his new album, Dangerous. With the pressure for this album to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
7.
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
New Story Alert!
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 46

962 30 3
By MJQuality

Carter's POV

Two months later, it was the end of March, which meant that we had two weeks left until the wedding. We decided on April 8th for the date and London for the location. We went on a weekend trip about a month back and found a beautiful church in the countryside. It's all going to be perfect.

I've found the dress, all of the arrangements have been made (with Lawrence's help, of course), and now the only thing that I have to focus on is marrying the love of my life. 

"Baby?" I heard Michael call out for me.

"In here!" I yelled and soon enough, his curly head poked through the crack in the door. 

He walked into his office and over to stand in front of his desk that I was sitting at. "What are you doing in here?"

"I'm still trying to pick out what flowers I want in my bouquet," I held up the catalog that I was flipping through. 

"You still haven't done that?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"You still haven't written your vows have you?" I looked at him and he held his hands up in surrender.

"Touche." 

I giggled and shook my head. "What's up though?" I asked as I looked back down at the catalog.

He thought for a minute and then snapped his fingers. "I came to tell you that both Olivia and Janet are on their way over here to pick up their bridesmaid dresses. Avery is here too."

I looked up in a panic and shook my head. "What the hell Michael? I told you not to let Liv and Avery be in the same room together."

"What was I supposed to tell Liv when she called? 'No, you can't come over to pick up the dress that you're going to wear in your best friend's wedding because your enemy is here?'"

"Uh, yeah!" I exclaimed, making Michael shake his head at me. "You know that they've never liked each other much and it's gotten worse since they're both determined to be my maid of honor."

"First of all, if you would just pick someone for God's sake, they wouldn't be fighting over it. You should've nipped that in the bud a long time ago." He points out.

"I can't pick! Liv has been my best friend since forever but Avery has been there for me every since I met you," I counter back.

"Well, looks like you have a decision to make," he says just as we hear horns honking outside. I push the chair I'm sitting in to the window behind me and see both Janet and Liv's cars outside. I wave and then turn back to Michael. 

"Well, since you set me up for this, you're helping me deal with the inevitable fallout that's about to happen," I say as I stand up.

"I would but I can't," he checks his watch. "Suit fitting with Eddie and my brothers."

"You can't be serious Michael!" I pout and cross my arms over my chest.

"I'm sorry babe. Just take care of it today and you won't have to worry about it anymore," he says.

I don't respond to him and just roll my eyes instead. He walks over to me and holds my by my elbows. 

"Don't be like that baby. Ok?" He pulls a silly face at me out of nowhere, making me crack a small smile. "There's my girl. I love you."

"I love you more," I reply before he leans down and kisses me. 

"Hey, Lovebirds! Bring your asses down here right now!" I hear Olivia yell from downstairs.

"Yeah, I want to see my dress!" Janet adds.

Michael sighs before yelling, "Here we come!" 

He looks back at me, smiling. "You'll be fine, ok baby?"

I nod and he kisses me one last time before intertwining our fingers. He leads us downstairs, where we see Janet, Olivia, and Avery waiting for us. 

"Hi guys," I smile, noticing the tension right away. I hug Janet before she goes to hug Michael and then I hug Olivia and Avery after that.

"Not staying around for this big brother?" Janet asks as Michael slides on a jacket.

He smiles and shakes his head. "Me and the guys have our final fitting for our suits. I'm sure the dresses are beautiful though."

He walks back over to me and opens his arms, which I gladly step into. 

"Remember what I said ok?" He whispers in my ear, and I nod slightly.

"I love you," he says, pulling back from the hug a little.

"I love you more," I reply. He kisses me on the lips and then on the forehead, making the girls "Aww" loudly at us. 

I giggle and Michael pulls away from me. "Have fun ladies," he puts on his fedora and then walks out of the front door.

I sigh happily and turn back to the girls. "You guys ready?" I ask, making them cheer. 

I smile and motion for them to follow me upstairs. I walk into Michael and I's bedroom and over to our walk-in closet. They follow me inside, where there's a rack with three garment bags hanging on it. I pass them the bag that has their corresponding name on it and turn to face them. All of the dresses were made of gold sequins and draped down to the floor but each dress was a little different.

Janet's dress had spaghetti straps and a fake waistline.

Olivia's dress was one shouldered and had ruched material over her breasts. 

Avery's dress had a higher neckline that went up to her neck but her back was exposed. It also had capped sleeves.

I watched them open the bags and bit my lip in anticipation. 

"Oh my gosh," Avery said in amazement. 

"These are so beautiful," Liv spoke up.

"And they represent our personalities too," Janet gushed. I folded my arms over my chest.

"I'm so happy y'all like them. This may be my wedding but I want y'all to feel beautiful too. Now go try them on."

They smiled at me and walked out of the closet to different parts of the house to put on their dresses. A few minutes later, they all came back.

"Oh my," I said, feeling tears well up in my eyes. "Y'all look beautiful."

"Well, thanks Carter but you don't have to cry," Avery laughed. 

"I know, I know," I shook my head. "Sorry. I don't know why I'm so emotional."

I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath. "So, what hairstyles and accessories are you thinking of?" Janet asked. 

 "Either flowing curls or up-dos, I haven't decided yet," I said. "But which ever one, you're all going to wear flower crowns, except the maid of honor because she's going to wear a flower in her hair just like I am."

"Speaking of that, who is your maid of honor?" Liv asked.

I mentally smacked myself in the face. Things had been going good and I just had to ruin it by bringing up the maid of honor thing.

"Um, I haven't decided yet," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Seriously?" Avery wondered. "The wedding is two weeks away. I don't understand why you won't just pick me and put her out of her misery," she side eyed Liv.

"First of all, I have a name and its Olivia. Either say that or don't acknowledge me."

"Oh, that wouldn't be as difficult as you think it would be," Avery pointed out.

"And second, why are you so sure that she'll pick you? We've been friends since we were little!"

"Length of time doesn't matter, the quality of time does and someone is always so busy with their boyfriend that they forget Carter was even their friend!"

"Oh, now I get it," Liv laughs. "You're still mad because Eddie wants me and not your trashy ass."

"Liv!" I yell, shocked that she would say that.

"Trust me, I don't want Eddie's ass and if I did, I could certainly get him. All I have to do is say the word."

I rolled my eyes and rubbed my stomach because it was starting to hurt. "Can both of you please stop?" I asked but I was ignored.

"Why would Eddie go back to the past when his present and future are clearly so much better?" Liv pointed out. 

"I don't know. Maybe you can ask him that when he comes over to my house tomorrow like he's been doing for the past month!" 

"Oh hell no!" Liv tries to charge for Avery but both me and Janet step in between them before she can get to her. I'm trying to hold Liv back but she's putting up a damn good fight and Janet is trying to pull Avery away but at this point, she wants to fight just for the simple fact that Liv charged at her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you two?!" I yell, making them both stop. "Are you fucking serious?! My wedding is coming up and instead of being happy about it, I have to play referee between you two dumb asses!" I motion between the both of them. "I love the both of you, and that's why I'm having such a hard time choosing between the two of you!" I roll my eyes as they both look away from me in guilt.

"You know what? I suggest you two squash whatever this shit is between you or at least call a truce for the time being because I'm not dealing with anymore of this shit! I don't feel like hearing either of you screaming anymore-" I stop talking when I feel something rising up my throat. I cover my mouth with my hand and run out of the closet and into our bathroom. I shut the door behind me and its not long until I'm leaned over the toilet, throwing up.

"Oh god," I groan, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. I hear a soft knock on the door, making me sigh heavily. "Go away."

The door cracks open a little bit, making me look back and Janet's head is poking in. "Hey, are you ok?" She asks.

I shake my head, feeling emotional. "No." I say before feeling my stomach flip and I'm throwing up once again. I hear the door shut and I feel Janet rubbing my back. 

"Let it all out," she says in a soothing voice. I flush the toilet and she hands me some tissue to wipe my eyes and my mouth. "Are you sick Carter?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if I was. Between all this drama and wedding shit, I haven't been taking great care of myself," I admit.

"How long have you been feeling like this?"

"About three weeks."

"Carter, do you seriously not realize what's going on?"

I shake my head slowly because she has really lost me. 

"You're pregnant again." She said.

I stare at her for a few seconds before laughing. "Jan, I'm not pregnant. I would know if I were."

"Hello! You said it yourself. With everything that's going on, you haven't been paying attention to your body." She points out. 

I sat there and thought about it. I mean, my periods have been irregular but they've been that way since the miscarriage so I didn't really notice a difference. 

"I think you're right Jan," I admit, looking up at her.

"Its an auntie's intuition," she smirked and I laughed at her. "Do you want me to go get you some tests?"

"Would you please?" I begged. She smiled and stood up. 

"You stay here, I'll go get them. I'll also get rid of dumb and dumber out there while I'm at it," she laughs and makes her way to the door. 

"Thanks," I said gratefully because I refused to step foot in that war zone again anytime soon. 

"No problem," she winked at me before walking out and shutting the door behind her. I sighed and rubbed my stomach that was still doing somersaults. I heard her saying something to Avery and Liv, which they both replied to but she said something else that made them leave. 

Once I was sure the coast was clear, I walked out of the bathroom and crawled into the bed. I decided to just rest and I closed my eyes. I don't know how long I was out, but I opened my eyes to see Janet standing over me, changed back into her regular clothes and holding a bag. 

"I got them," she said, handing the bag to me. I sat up, opened the bag and pulled out two tests. I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I opened the tests and peed on both of them before putting the caps back on and washing my hands. 

"You can come in Jan," I said, opening the door. She walked in and looked at the tests sitting on the counter.

"How long?" She asked.

"The box said one minute," I replied before sighing heavily. 

"Are you ok?" She asked. 

I shrugged. "I don't know how I feel, if I'm being honest. I mean, it's only been six months since the miscarriage. You don't think it's too soon?"

"Not at all. You two were gonna try for more kids anyway right?"

"Yeah, but after we got married."

"Just think of it as getting a jump on it," she chuckled, making me smile with her. 

We stood around for a second before Janet checked her watch. "It's been a minute." She said.

I took a deep breath and picked up both tests. I felt my jaw drop when I saw the word on them. 

Positive.

I know this chapter has been long but think of it as a reward for me not updating lol. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote, comment, add this story to your libraries, and follow me! Love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.1K 16
Who's obsessed with who? winrina adapation futa/top winter Story is not mine all credits go to ghost_doc on asianfanfics.
3.2K 104 18
"If your boyfriend finds out he'll kill me too" - Anchor Tattoo - Chase Atlantic OC story Mitchel Cave Christian Anthony
467K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
79.1K 1.1K 47
"That's juvie freak to you." A Griff Jones x Reader story. Two kids, both juvenile delinquents. When they were separated, they were put on different...