§: It's A Love/Hate Thing, Ho...

By Riela_pollie

Stephen Tylline and Leah Valley finally got married without any problems. They are now, Mr. and Mrs. Tylline... More

Chapter 1 - Do You Trust Me?
Chapter 2 - The Flight from Hell
Chapter 3 - One-sided Love
Chapter 4 - Do You Remember..
Chapter 5 - When Love Surprises You
Chapter 6 - My Camera Never Lies.
Chapter 7 - Nobody Said Loving You Was Easy.
Chapter 8 - Tonight, I'll Show You How Much I Love You
Chapter 9 - I'll Never Let You Go
Chapter 10 - I Will Protect You
Chapter 12 - Let Fate Decide.
Chapter 13 - A Sin Is A Crime Which Must Be Paid

Chapter 11 - Drink up my hearties, Yo' Ho.

7.5K 78 16
By Riela_pollie

HOOOLLAAAA DARLINGS! <3

It has been a while! I had this chapter played in my head more than you can count and I couldn't wait to post this chapter!!

It took me days to arrange the scenes like what to include and what to exclude.

Just 5 or less chapters to go before the end of series 3. It depends on the plot of the story, really >.<

Thanks for reading despite my bad grammar mistakes (I'm currently editing each chapter!) and do enjoy reading this chapter! Love you! (I really do) <3

….............................

(RECAP)

“You're four months gone, aren't you? Does he know?”

I shook my head dejectedly, “No. I'm never going to tell him.”

“What, why?!” he exclaimed in anger, puzzled.

“Because this baby is a wall between himself and his dreams.” I said, gently rubbing my belly, “He can't afford to lose his place in Harvard Law School. Did you know? He's planning to become one of the best lawyer.” I said, trying to sound pleased, but failed as I burst into tears, “That's why I'm going to break up with him when we get back.”

…........................................

Kylie’s POV

Everything has already been settled. There’s no going back now. All I have to do left is to let Keith go and let him fulfill his dream. About the baby, I’ll cross the bridge when I get to it. I know his family. I have met his father. He’s so strict and controlling, it’s hard to believe he would just say ‘Yes’ to an unborn baby and take us in. Not when we are in the way of Keith’s dream. His father is one of the directors of the Harvard Law School and he has been educating Keith his whole life.

I can’t afford to risk it after working so hard for all these years. If he fails, I dread to think what his father would do.

Keith’s mother gives off hostile vibes every time we make an eye contact. She makes me feel so nervous; it’s hard to calm down. To be honest, she scares me more than his father. She’s a powerful woman who’s always busy travelling around the world, managing her hotels. She rarely comes home to visit her son.

Every time our paths cross, she would look at me with distaste look on her face. I couldn’t help but avert my eyes away in shame because our social status differences. They are the higher ups whilst we are the middle down. We can’t deny that their authority is stronger than my family’s. My family owns a security company that only offers bodyguards to protect important people and such services.

I can’t imagine what they would do after finding out my pregnancy. I’m too scared to.

It doesn’t mean all his family are like that. I adore his younger sister. Unlike Keith’s older sister and his parents, Keith’s younger sister is a happy-go-lucky child. I think she’s turning 7 soon. She looks so much like Keith, it’s adorable. With her around, I never have to worry about anything and she never fails to make me smile.

“Kylie?” I heard a girl called me as I snapped back to reality. I realized I have been walking in daze in a crowded hallway, with a mind full of unsolved problems. I turned to the voice and saw Leah approaching casually towards me, followed by Stephen. “You okay?”

I stared at her, an awkward pause sinking in. At that moment, I began to think of all the ‘what-ifs’ questions like if I break up with Keith or if I don’t and decide to stay. Truth be told, I have no idea what the right thing to do is. If I leave, Keith won’t have to bother looking after me and the baby and abandon his dream of becoming a lawyer. If I stay, I might rob his dream His parents will hate me, no doubt about it.

There’s no way his mum or his dad would allow him to look after me and the baby while studying for Harvard. There’s no guarantee he will get a place in there if I actually do stay. With my health condition, there’s no guarantee if I might live long enough to look after my child. Should I stay? Or should I go?

What should I do?

“Kylie?” Leah said, looking so worried. “Are you really okay?”

“Uh.. um.. yeah.” I laughed nervously, “Sorry. I was just thinking.” I muttered, sounding unsure.

Stephen stared at me confusedly, “This is a maternity ward, Kyles. What are you doing here?” Stephen asked curiously, standing behind Leah.

Oh-uh. I anxiously thought, panicking inside my mind. I stuttered ‘umms’ and ‘errrs’ while thinking of a good excuse without actually lying. I can’t let them find out about my pregnancy. Not now, not ever! “I was just visiting my uncle.” I said, mentally trying to calm my nerves down. Not actually lying, but not fully telling the truth either. Forgive me, Leah... Stephen.

Stephen said, “Oh, yeah. I remember you mentioning that earlier.”

I sighed quietly, sort of relieved, but at the same time, guilty. “What are you guys doing here?” I asked, quickly changing the subject. Leah took out an envelope between her fingers as if of a card, “We have an appointment. Just a bit of a check-up.” she said, “-and we are gonna get a copy of sonogram.” She said, dreading something. I was confused. Normally, pregnant mothers would get excited over that.

Stephen laughed so care-freely, “Don’t worry about it, Leah.” He said as he rested his hands on her stiff shoulders, “My mum had the talk with the doctor. They made sure to keep the sex of the baby hidden.”

“No one can find out about this.” Leah said, quite threateningly as well. “Not even our parents!”

“But, how are you going to prepare for your baby’s arrival?” I asked.

Leah shrugged, “We decided to keep everything unisex.” She said, “Doesn’t matter if it’s a girl or a boy as long as the baby is healthy.” She said, with a gently smile her lovely face. She gives off warm motherly vibes compared to the troubled, irresponsible Leah before the more time passes by. I guess being pregnant does have its cute sides.

I giggled at the thought.

“NO!” A woman screamed in denial as she cried. All heads turned to the woman wearing a halter neck black dress. She was being held back by a man who’s probably her husband. “It can’t be! I was careful!” she said, crying with so much grief as though she lost her love one. The doctor on front of her looked at her with sympathy and whispered his apologies. The woman cried hard, trying to resist her husband’s hold, “I was careful!” she repeated, and collapsed on the ground with tears of grief falling down endlessly.

Stephen whispered, “What’s going on?”

Leah’s expression turned solemn, “This is a maternity ward so I’m guessing she lost her baby.” She said with sympathetic look on her face. I noticed her grip on Stephen’s hand tightened, as though she feared of losing her baby, due to carelessness, maybe?

For a moment there, I felt sympathy for the woman, but more like, I felt empathetic. The feeling of losing a child is terrifying, especially when it’s an unborn baby inside you. If I were that women, I’d probably spend the rest of my life, blaming myself. I can imagine what I have to go through after losing my own child.

The woman sobbed, as her husband urged her to stand up whilst whispering to her ear. I’m so sorry for your loss. I sadly thought, eyes swelling up. I realised I have been rubbing my tummy; feeling really scared of the future for the first time. I spent all these years not worrying about the future, but the fact that the future is unknown and anything could happen scares me.

I don’t want to lose my own child because of that fear.

“Kylie!” Leah grabbed my hands as I snapped back to reality. My hands were shaking uncontrollably, “Are you okay?” Leah asked worriedly. 

I smiled, failing to hide the uneasiness, “Sorry, I was just…”

“It’s okay, Kylie.” Leah assured me and instantly made me feel calm, “Just because that happened to that woman doesn’t mean it will happen to you.”

I mentally gasped in panic, thinking that she knows, “W-what do you mean?” I stammered, desperately trying to hide the hysteria in my mind with a smile.

Leah sighed, “In the future, you will be a great mother to your children. It’s not good if you stress yourself out while thinking about what could happen.”

In the future, she says. I sighed in relief, knowing that she meant the future as in ten years from now, not now. I laughed tensely as I nodded, “You too, Leah. You may be tough, but the truth is, you’re scared too, right?”

She sighed heavily, letting go of my hands, “I can’t say I’m not. I guess it’s natural for all mothers to feel scared.”

“Kylie!” My uncle ran down the hallway towards us after spotting me, “You forgot something.” He said, walking quickly with a file in his hand.

I stared at him wide eyed in panic; please don’t let it be a file filled with my pregnancy report! I silently thought, frantically. Uncle laughed at my expression, handing me the file, “It’s a document for your dad. Tell him to sort it out for me.” He said with a grin.

I sighed again in relief and took the file, “I will.”

The fear of my secret being exposed is like looking over my shoulder like a paranoid girl. Must I panic every time?

 “Okay,-“ he said, looking over his watch, “I have an appointment with the Tyllines.” He said, “Have a good holiday, little Kyles.” He said with a wink, patting my head like he always did when I was little.

“Erm…” Leah said, “I didn’t believe it at first, but are you Dr Hayden? A relative of Kylie’s and our doctor?” she asked in disbelief. I can see why she wouldn’t believe it.

“You’re the Tyllines?” Uncle said, bemused, “What a coincidence.” he said, looking at me. Dreading it, I gave him the pleading look of ‘Please don’t tell.’ Out of all the hospitals, it had to be here. Out of the doctors in Hawaii, it had to be him.

“I’m Kylie’s uncle.” He said and offered his hand.

Stephen shook his hand, “Stephen. This is Leah.” He said.

“Coincidence indeed.” Leah said, sounding slightly suspicious.

Uncle chuckled, “Come. The check-up shouldn’t take long.” He said. Leah turned to me and put her hands on my shoulders, “Do you want to wait for us or go to Keith’s?”

“I don’t mind waiting.” I said, “We are meeting the others at the port later, anyway.”

Stephen said, “Oh, yeah. Something about a short boat trip to some deserted island.” Excitement was written all over his face, “It’s gonna be awesome.”

A boat trip, I thought with uneasiness.  I wonder if its okay…

…..............

2 hours later…

Annie’s POV

The boys and I waited for Kylie, Leah and Stephen at the meeting spot near the sailboat rentals area. The weather was so boiling hot, we decided to chill at the restaurant house made of straw, drinking iced drinks and eating cool ice cream.

“I’m telling you, I can really drive a sailboat!” Matt said as I rolled my eyes, drinking iced cold apple juice in bliss. Oh, heaven.

Keith still didn’t believe him, “Driving a sailboat on Xbox doesn’t count, Matt.”

“I keep telling you! It’s not on xbox but on a real thing! A real sail boat!”

“Unlicensed boat users aren’t allowed to handle boats, no matter how experienced they claim to be.”

“I am an experienced licensed boat user. I have been driving my dad’s yachts and sailboats during our family holidays.” Matt said.

“Did you bring your license then?”

“…” Matt paused, “No…”

“Exactly.”

“You know you act like an ass when you speak like an ass.” Matt said

“You act like an idiot when you speak like an idiot.”

Matt turned to me with the look of an angry gorilla as his vein popped, “I’m gonna push this guy off the boat. Count on it.” He said.

Keith sneered with a smile, “Bring it on.”

I rolled my eyes at their immature dispute and spotted the girls and Stephen walking whilst looking around, trying to find us. I waved my hands up high to catch their attention and I caught Kylie’s. Kylie pointed at me as she called Leah and waved me back.

“The guys are here, boys.” I said as I took my handbag. “Come on.”

“I’ll prove it to you.” Matt said, still angry and annoyed.

“Looking forward to it.”, Keith grinned.

I went around and out of the shelter as the blazing hot sun mercilessly melted us down like were candles, “Bloody hell. It’s so hot!” I complained as I grabbed the girls by their arms and went ahead. The boys followed us as we walked down the small path to the wooden beach path, “How was the appointment thing?”

“It was.. um.. interesting.” Leah said, coughing with discomfort.

I raised my eyebrow, “Interesting? Please do tell.”

Kylie giggled whilst thinking. Leah said, “Stephen asked stupid questions to the doctor. It was so embarrassing.” She said, covering her red face.

Stephen butted in, “I was thinking of our baby!” he said.

“No one would be stupid enough to ask if a baby will feel your stick poking their head!” Leah said in his face. She wasn’t angry, she was so embarrassed, she may as well just hide in a hole away from embarrassment. We were stunned, but then we had an uncontrollable laughing fit.

I laughed in hysteria as tears swell up, “What the heck?”

Matt said, swinging his arm around Stephen, “I knew you were stupid when it comes to the whole baby shebang. But I never thought you were that stupid.” Matt laughed hard, holding his stomach in.

Keith shook his head at Stephen, silently telling him, For shame, Tylline. For shame.

“Excuse me?” an old lady interrupted us. She wore a velvet dark purple turban on her head, she wore dark blue and purple dress like a fortune teller who tells more about the misfortunes of the future than the happiness on the way. Wrinkles of the wise shown on her face, a smile so dull and dark brown eyes so sad. “May I have a moment with you?” she said with a whisper.

Suddenly, the atmosphere became uncomfortable.

“We don’t do fortune telling” I said, trying to reject her offer as nicely as I could.

She looked at me, her grey hair fall down on the sides of her face. She smiled at me with the look of pity, “No, my dear. Something is telling to stop you. All of you.”

“What do you mean?” I asked anxiously.

“The storm is coming. A huge storm is coming.”

Matt looked up in the clear blue sky, “No way. I already checked the weather forecast. There won’t be any storm or rain coming.” He said, assuring all of us. But the old lady meant something else. Something terrifying.

“NO!” the old lady said, looking frantic and scared. “All of you!” she said, grabbing my arms and shaking me with wide paranoid eyes, “You face... your hurricane!” she looked at us as I pushed her eerily cold hands away, “Your hurricane is coming! You beat it … at all cost!” her broken English confused us. Is this her prediction of our future?

She looked at Leah, as though she was seeing her future, “Your fate… is on your hands, not his.” I assumed she meant Stephen, but she talked as if it’s someone else, “-Your decisions..” she continued, her eyes looking afar, “-your choices.. lives will be changed. Sacrifices... must be made.”

“Stop spouting nonsense, lady.” Stephen said with a voice filled with anger.

The lady ignored him and stared at Kylie. Her frantic eyes filled with fear were instantly replaced with sadness and sorrow as she approached towards her. Keith held Kylie back, wrapping his arm around her as if to protect her from danger. The old woman’s tears started to flow down as she stared at the scared Kylie, “I’m sorry.” She whispered, “I’m so sorry.” She said.

The boat owners spotted the old woman and yelled in another language as if they caught a thieving child. They grabbed her as she muttered her apologies to confused Kylie. While crying, her hands shook uncontrollable in grief and muttered a thousand ‘I’m sorrys’

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.

We stood there in silence, stunned by what just happened. Matt falsely laughed nervously, “What a funny old gal.” he said. Stephen wrapped his arm around Leah’s shoulder and went down the beach path to our rented boat. They seemed rather calm. But Kylie looked really uneasy… Keith whispered his usual magic words and managed to calm her down as they followed Leah and Stephen.

I looked back at the old lady being taken away by the angry men. She was still crying and muttered like a crazy woman. Hurricane, huh. I silently thought. “Hey, come on!” Matt shouted from afar. I hurriedly run to catch up.

“We be sailin’ like ‘em pirates, matey!!” Matt yelled as he stood on front tip of the sail boat with his arms up, wind blowing against his body. I sat on the porch with the others as the sailor, face-palming myself with embarrassment. I forgot the reason why I’m with him.

“Call me Cap’n Jack Sparrow. We shall be hunting the best treasure in all land like ‘em true pirates. Savvy?” Matt said, failing to impersonate Jack Sparrow and winked at me with his drink up, “Drink up my hearties. YO HO.”

Oh, good God.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

…………………

Sorry for the late update. I hoped you liked it! I inserted hints of what will happen in the future and I hope it’s enough to keep you reading xD

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! And thank you for fanning!

Please support this story by VOTING and COMMENT what you think! I really would appreciate it so that I can make improvements! Again, thank you so much for reading!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 120 60
Y/n a 16 year old, a high school (Junior) student was roaming around the park, when suddenly he bums into her.. Who is he? Y/n stands for your name...
3.3K 470 34
Two weeks. Two weeks of sun, sand and stress-free fun. At least that's the package Lizzie was sold. Little does she know, the package was a dream. A...
527K 13.4K 54
Lacey Wright finally moves back home after traveling around Europe with her parents for over two years. Everything she left behind is the same, inclu...
19.6K 662 25
Chris and Andy are married and going on their honeymoon, Andy brings Chris to a private island in the Bahama's the honeymoon is amazing but after get...