The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus...

By RebelChild99

The name is Evangeline Salvatore, my goal is survival. In a world of vampires and werewolves it's survival of... More

The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus Mikaelson Story)
Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: Mason * Chapter 3: Masquerade
Chapter 4: Vamp-Napped
Chapter 5: Plans
Chapter 6: Richmond
Chapter 7: Klaus
Chapter 8: Mystic Falls
Chapter 9: Deals
Chapter 10: The Dagger
Quick Author's Note
Chapter 11: Drinks
Chapter 12: Kill Me
Chapter 13: AlaricKlaus
Chapter 14: Curse
Chapter 15: Stefan
Chapter 16: Ray Sutton
Chapter 17: Chicago
Chapter 18: Betrayal
Chapter 19: Mikael Mikaelson
Chapter 20: Illumination Night
Chapter 22: Compulsion
Chapter 23: Scotland
Chapter 24: Meetings
Chapter 25: Remembrence
Chapter 26: Broken Trust
Chapter 27:Polite Chit-Chat
Chapter 28: Kat
Chapter 29: Technology Sucks
Chapter 30: The Mikaelson Maze
Chapter 31: We Can Break
Chapter 32: Asshat
Chapper 33: Decade Dance
Chapter 34: Doppelbitch
Chapter 35: Alaric The Indestructible
Chapter 36: Gone Wrong
Chapter 37: The Bitch Is Dead
Sequel

Chapter 21: Hatred

10.9K 280 33
By RebelChild99

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been able to update recently, but I've been out of school for a long time so I've got a lot of work to do before the end of the school year. I'm also working on a new book right now. So I've put together an update schedule to help me out.

Sunday - nothing

Monday - The Salvatore Sister

Tuesday - nothing

Wednesday - Blood-Tide (the new story)

Thursday - I'm No Angel (coming off hiatus NEXT week)

Friday - nothing

Saturday - Hazardous

Now, I present to you, chapter 21 of The Salvatore Sister. Hope you like it :)
___________________________________________________________________________

Evangeline POV:

My eyes snapped open at the sound of the door slamming shut and I jumped out of my bed, prepared to blow up in Damon's face for taking our ripper of a brother on a binge drink. I hated Elena's plan, but that was even worse. If you get Stefan high on human blood, you won't be able to bring him back down.

I snatched my bathrobe from my closet and pulled it up on my shoulders before disappearing down the stairs.

Voices from the foyer lured me to a sight that both worried and calmed me.

Damon and Stefan were standing side by side, which told me neither of them had killed the other. But there was a grey haired man standing in front of them and when he turned to look at me, I was met with piercing blue eyes that could rival Rebekah's.

"Who's this?" I questioned, not removing my eyes from the intruder.

The man stepped forward and held his hand out. "You must be Evangeline." He guessed and I nodded slowly as I took his hand. "My name is Mikael."

I instantaneously yanked my hand away from him and snapped my gaze to my brothers. "Are you out of your minds?" I asked them. "You brought Mikael Mikaelson to our home!"

"Calm down, little sister." Damon walked over to me with a smile. "He's going to help us with Klaus."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, we're going to kill Klaus. Tonight."

"What? He's not even here, we have no idea where he went!" I wanted him dead, I wasn't going to deny that, but if it meant possibly losing either of my brothers then I'd do anything to stop it. Stefan was under Klaus' compulsion which meant Klaus had to die, it was a necessary sacrifice for the greater good of my family. "How are we going to find him by tonight?"

"That's easy." Damon retorted, glancing at Stefan. "We call him."

-

I tapped my fist lightly against Rebekah's bedroom door. "Come in." A voice called from inside and I opened the door.

Rebekah was seated on the edge of her bed, her nose scrunched up as if she was focusing on something, I assumed it was the conversation going on downstairs about how to get Klaus back here.

"I'm here to talk to you about-"

"I know why you're here, Evangeline." The Original interrupted me, her head snapping up in my direction as I took a seat beside her. "You want to see if I'll be able to help kill my brother." I pressed my lips together and looked to my lap. "I should be the one asking if you'll be able to do that."

"He's compelled my brother to shut off his humanity."

"You know that's not the real reason that you're willing to kill Nik."

"You're right, I'm doing it because he's never going to stop betraying me. Time after time I've forgiven him for everything. I forgave him after he tried to kill Damon, I forgave him after he broke his promise to not go after Katherine, I forgave him for killing Jenna in the ritual, I forgave him after he actually did kill my friend Alexandra, I forgave him after he turned Stefan into a ripper. I've never done anything to betray him-well, that's a lie-but I've done everything he's ever asked of me, yet he continues to break his word to me and hurt people I love. I'm not going to let him do it again."

By the time I'd finished my rant, I could feel Rebekah's eyes on me and out of the corner of my eye I could see her mouth opening and closing. "He did all of that to you?"

"Yeah," I nodded my head, "I'm an idiot."

"Yes, you are. I don't even think what you did back in the 1900s makes up for half of that." I furrowed my eyebrows, she didn't think all those years of betrayal added up to half that. "You had a reason, you were protecting your friend. It's understandable."

"I guess."

"No, you don't guess. You know, all you've got to do is tell that to yourself."

"Okay, I know."

"Good because if I'm able to help your brothers kill my own brother after 1,000 years together, then you can do it too."

"Thanks Rebekah."

"Call me Bekah, we're friends."

"So you don't hate me anymore?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't say that." Rebekah joked, both of us beginning to laugh. "Of course I don't hate you, I mean, look at your face." She pinched one of my cheeks and I scrunched my eyes closed in distaste, my aunt had done that to me a lot and I'd always disliked it. "You're one of the better friends I've had in a millennium, if I'm going to hate you for helping your best friend, then that just makes me a terrible person."

I smiled at her, opening my eyes back up. Many people didn't get to meet the Original family, let alone know them like this. All people saw were the horrible things the family had done and all they felt was fear, they didn't get the honest and kind Mikaelsons and instead got the defensive and calculating Mikaelsons. I was lucky to have Rebekah as a friend, even if I had dreaded the day she got out of her coffin.

"Thanks Bekah, you're a good friend as well."

"I better be, I may have just had to kill you if you didn't think so."

"Why do all you Mikaelsons have so much sarcasm?"

"It's genetic."

"I can see that."

"Don't act so miserable, you know you love me. I'm the one that's gonna get us through this."

"Yep, girl power."

"Girl power." Rebekah agreed, her fingers tugging at a loose string on her shorts. "We should make a handshake sometime."

"A handshake? Won't that mess with your badass Original Vampire persona?"

"It's not a persona if it's true, darling."

"There's that Mikaelson cockiness, I was beginning to miss it."

"After a day? You realize you spent a day with Kol literally 48 hours ago, right?"

"Good point, maybe I didn't miss it."

"Well, it would have been better if he could've told us where he was."

"Yeah, what I'm worried about after we kill Klaus is not being able to find them."

"I'll be able to do it, I can give you my word on that. It'll just be harder that I've got nothing to go on."

"Well Klaus does usually bring them everywhere with him."

"So that narrows it down to Virginia."

"Yep, we'll do it Bekah."

"Damn straight."

I burst out laughing and shook my head. "Don't say that again, just don't."

"What's wrong with it?"

"You sound like a valley girl."

"What if I am a valley girl?"

"Do you even know what that is?"

"No idea, am I one?"

"No, you're a British girl."

"So a valley girl is a girl from the valley? That makes sense."

"Duh."

"Don't you 'duh' me, I've had 1,000 years to learn things so there's bound to be something I know that you don't."

"There'll be more than one something, Bekah."

"You're probably right, Faith."

"It's been like 9 decades since someone last called me that."

"Probably because I'm the only one that's ever called you that and I've been in a box for the last 9 decades."

"You're right, that's probably it."

"There is no probably, that is it."

-

Klaus: Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it's literally a breeding ground for werewolves.

Stefan: Your father's dead.

Klaus: What did you say to me?

Stefan: Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?

Klaus: Well first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened.

Stefan: He went after Elena so Damon and I had to vervain him. We found a dagger in his coat, we think he was planning to use it on Rebekah, but we daggered him instead.

Klaus: I want to see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself!

Stefan: Well he's here, come by whenever.

Stefan got up from his chair, walking over to the daggered Original before looking up at the rest of us.

Klaus: If you're lying to me Stefan your compulsion will expose you so answer with you life. Is what you're saying the truth?

Stefan: It's true, I saw it with my own eyes.

Klaus: I wanna talk to Rebekah.

Stefan: Well that's not a problem, she's right here.

Everyone else in the room turned in the direction of where Rebekah and I were standing. Stefan removed the cell phone from his ear and walked over, handing the electronic to the female Original.

Rebekah: Hello Nik.

Klaus: Rebekah, love, what's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?

Rebekah's eyes met Elena's and the doppelgänger nodded, both urging and pleading for Bekah to stick to the lie.

Rebekah: It's true, he's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you, I'm miserable here.

Klaus: I'll be home soon.

Rebekah: Good, I'll see you then brother.

Rebekah sighed as she removed the phone from her ear, her eyes falling on her father's desiccated corpse before she held the phone out to Elena.

"He bought it." She announced the fact that I already knew and Elena sighed in relief. "He's coming home." Bekah looked once more at her father before turning back around and walking out of the room. I was quick to follow, not really wanting to be left with my brothers and their shared girlfriend.

-

I was sat alone in my room, an old photograph held in my hands. The people in it all looked so happy, and they were. It was a photo of all the founding families on Wickery Bridge. It was taken in 1864, mere months before my brothers and I became vampires.

Stefan, Damon, and I were all on the far left beside George Lockwood. I'd once been best friend's with him and I'd convinced Katherine that he was a good ally, but she could tell he was a werewolf the second she laid eyes on him. She'd trusted him anyways though and he'd gotten her out of the council's clutches.

Damon and Stefan were stood on either side of me, both had an arm wrapped around my shoulders and large grins spread on their faces. It was once of the happiest times in our lives, I missed times like these.

To my left was another photo, more recent than the one in my hand, but still extremely antique. This was of Katherine, Alexandra, and I in Rome. We were stood inside the colosseum with fake blades our hands. I could still recall the odd looks we'd gotten from men and their families at our-for that point in time-unruly behavior.

Next to that picture was another, again it was more recent. The numbers '1906' were printed in the bottom left-hand corner and it contained 6 people. There was Rebekah on the far right, beside her was Marcel Gerard who I'd made an enemy out of in a very short span of time, then beside him was Klaus, then there was Elijah, then Kol, and finally on the far left was me. We were all smiling towards the camera and it was a major contrast to what most days in that house had been like.

To my left was yet another photo. This one was taken in 1937 and contained Alexandra, Elijah, and I. Behind us was the house we'd lived in at the time and in front of us was a little boy Alexandra had simply brought home one day. His name had been Lenard and if he hadn't disappeared from our radar in 1945 we probably would have ended up turning him to a vampire. He'd been a member of our small family and Alexandra had practically raised him.

Beside that photo was another, the final photo I'd pulled from my vast collection. It was of Damon, Alexandra, and Sierra about two weeks before we'd left Australia and Alexandra had been killed. I wasn't in this one, but I was the one who'd taken it. Sierra's bright pink hat stood out against everything else around her and I'd always found that humorous when I looked at this photo.

All 5 of those photos represented different points in my life, but all of them were giving me reasons to want Klaus dead. I'd chosen them for that reason. The first one reminded me that if Katherine hadn't been running from Klaus, then my brothers and I would have remained our happy human selves and none of the other bad things would have happened.

The second reminded me that I had to do this for Katherine because she was my best friend. She deserved to be free of this endless running she had to do to stay alive. Katherine had been running for 400 years at the point this photo was taken and there wasn't anything I could have done to get her out of it. Now there was, I could get her out by killing Klaus.

The third reminded me that some of my closest friends were suffering in coffins because of Klaus. It also reminded me that if Rebekah could help with this plan, then so could I because nobody loved Klaus more than Rebekah. Not even me.

The fourth reminded me once more that Elijah was suffering not only because of Klaus, but because of me. If I didn't do this and undo what I'd done, then Elijah would stay there forever and the guilt would be haunting me forever.

The final one was on giant sign that read 'Alexandra is dead' in bright neon colors. One of my best friends was on the Other Side because of Klaus. He'd put her there because she was too loyal to give away my location. She died trying to save my life from Klaus and I wasn't about to let that be in vain.

I had to help my brothers accomplish this, it was a moral obligation. The need to protect those that I loved from Klaus outshines the need to protect Klaus from the ones I loved. If I didn't do this then I may as well be Klaus.

"Hey." My bedroom door creaked open as the voice called out. I placed the photo on my bed and looked over at Sierra as she walked into the room. "They're about to leave for homecoming and you've got a visitor.

The door opened a bit wider and I was met with my chestnut haired best friend. My smile widened as I saw Katherine standing there in all her vampire glory. "Hey Angie, what the mess you've gotten yourself into."

"Yeah," I agreed as I got up to embrace my best friend, "what are you doing here?"

"Paying my best friend a visit." She replied, obviously not telling the full truth. I gave her a look and she groaned loudly. "Damon called me, he said you were killing Klaus tonight so we cooked up a plan. I'm going to be taking Elena's place tonight which is why you can't tell anyone else that I'm here. Especially Stefan."

I nodded my head and took a step back. "I won't tattle on you, do I look like a two-year-old?"

"No, but you don't look over a century either."

"Says the one who's over half a millennium old."

"Don't hate on me, you know you love me."

"How could I not? You're my best friend."

"Damn straight."

"Rebekah said that earlier and I'm going to tell you the exact same thing I told her."

"What's that?"

"Don't say that ever again."

Katherine laughed quietly and motion Sierra over. "Alright, do we all know the plan for tonight?"

"Yes, I've got it memorized since Damon's only been drilling it inside my head for the entire day." I responded as Sierra gave her a simple nod to confirm it.

Katherine smile and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Good, there's just one small detail being changed right now."

"What detail?" I asked, getting increasingly cautious of this as the seconds ticked on.

Katherine gave me a small frown, her eyes almost overflowing with regret and apologies. "You, Angie, aren't allowed anywhere near it."

I couldn't even protest or defend myself before Katherine's hand had moved from my shoulder to my neck, snapping it in half as if it were a twig and putting me into a deep sleep.
___________________________________________________________________________

This is probably a short chapter, but I've been doing things all day and I'm trying to stick to the schedule so this was typed at midnight, not the best time to be writing and still a few minutes off from the target. It's officially Tuesday right now, so I apologize for being like 10 minutes late with this. I hope you guys enjoyed it because I know I liked writing it up. We got to see a bit off that hatred for Klaus that a lot of you have wanted so I hope that satisfies your thirst. I'll be off to sleep now, but look out for the first few posts of my new story, Blood-Tide, that'll be up Wednesday.

Just so you know, I didn't edit this chapter and I'll get to that as soon as possible. Love you all! Goodnight!

-Mikaela

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 73.2K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
473K 9.9K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
99.4K 2.1K 44
Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Eleanor, moving to the town called Mystic Fal...
803K 18.7K 32
[Completed] "I could love the devil as long as that devil loves me as much as he loves Hell" Evangeline Salvatore returns to Mystic Falls to see her...