First and Only Love

By ChinksSoriano

Clarisse and Toff were childhood bestfriends and confessed sweet thoughts to each other when they were younge... More

First and Only Love
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 -The Finale

Chapter 20

2K 40 1
By ChinksSoriano

A/N: sorry guys for the super LATE upload. BTW, I want to dedicate this chapter to Ms. @PaulaManalus for being a very patient reader and so as to @sillypanda03. Thanks to the both of you.

Hmmwell before anything  else, I know some of you already predicted that Sophie was sick and that's what she's going to tell Rissey. YES! you guys are RIGHT! BUT, BUT, BUT, there is another confession  that she will be making soon..... Watchawt! haaha.

ENJOY! ^_^

-------------------------------

Rissey's P.O.V.

"Toff, what's wrong?" I mumbled looking straight his eyes.

"Oh, nothing." I can sense that he's practically hiding something from me.

"Your lying. Tell me now. Please?" I begged. He looked worried.

"I have no right. I'm not in the place to tell it to you. Whatever it is, i'm not the one that shloud be telling it to you. I-i'm sorry Rissey. I-I just cant even I want to tell it to you." He said with cracking voice. I really can't get this fucking things. My mind thoughts was totally disordered and I can't take this anymore.

Knowing Toff, he never hides a single thing without me knowing but what the heck is this thing about Aunt that people just want her to tell me and no one else? Oh crap. I can't stand it.

"Rissey, Babe, look, i'm sorry."

"It's okay. But I really don't get it Babe. I feel like, afraid and nervous. I really am." I cried. Toff hugged me while he draw circles on my back.

"I'm here. I'll always be." He said then kissed my forehead.

We decided to come down and take our breakfast at the dining room. I grabbed a toast and saw Aunt Sophie heading our way.

"Uhh, Toff? Can we go somewhere since we're both not in the mood to go to school?" I asked Toff.

"But.. Where? You better just stay home. Anyway Sophie is here to take good care of you." I can't say a word and just nodded when Toff responded.

He stayed at our house until after lunch and went back home for a while to talk with his mom for I don't know why. But I guess it has something to do with their business. So I was left home with Aunt Sophie. I've got no choice and Toff didn't want me to go out either. I stayed at my room the entire day and did nothing but to watch some tiring and boring movies. You see, I don't have the courage to talk to her right now. I am so confused with what's happening and with what she's really up to. But just like what I said, I am not and can never be mad at her. She's like my second mom.

I went downstairs to grab some cereals. Darn it. I realized I haven't eat since after breakfast and it's now time for dinner. Aunt Sophie was looking at me worriedly. But I didn't mind. I called Toff to come over for a while. Then later on, I decided to make him stay for the night.

Weeks had passed just like that. We entered school without me talking to Aunt Sophie. It's not quite easy to be bitter around her. It nearly kills me. Every time I see her I feel like I always want to just hug her tight.

"Tell me until when will you really try to stay like that." Toff said.

I started feeling hurt. I tried to keep my hard feelings for not talking to Aunt but when Toff is around, he's the only one who understands me when it comes to this. "Babe, it's too hard. I don't know until when can I really take it. I can't stand that really long to be with Aunt at home without even saying hi to her. What can I do?" I cried.

"Shh. Stop crying babe. To tell you honestly, the best thing for you to do is to talk to her until there's more time. I always say that to you almost everyday but you never managed to listen to me even just for once. But please believe this time, it's the best way to do."

Why does he always tells me that? It's as if I only have limited time to do that. But then I trust to Toff. He knows the best for me. I'll listen to him this time.

"Okay." was all i can manage to say. He smiled when he heard me agreed to him for the first time. He hugged me and caressed my hair gently. After school, he drove me home like he always do. But this time he didn't entered the house. He just want me to talk to my Aunt Sophie once I entered the house.

"This is it." I muttered under my breath when I opened the gate. I entered the house. I was shocked with what I just saw. I felt my heart skipping a beat. My body starting to feel numb.  Ters starting to fall without me noticing. I even dropped what ever i'm holding. I stood back there. Unmoving. Not knowing what to really do.

I came back to my senses and ran towards my Aunt's pale looking body lying on the floor. She looks so helpless there. I hugged her fragile body and called Toff. He arrived in no minute looking shocked when he saw aunt as well. we quickly called for an ambulance to take her to the hospital. She's still breathing though. Thank goodness she's still is.

I can't stop the tears that was falling down until now. We're here at the hospital waiting for whatever result is.

"I wish I didn't promised to her. I hope it's not yet late." I heard Toff mumbled.

"What is that?" I asked crying. He stared at me looking so weary.

"Clarisse, promise me what ever happens, you'll talk to her as long as she wakes up." He called me by my name after a very long time. This means something really serious. He'll never act like like this unless he's really upset and needs something serious. I nodded in response. I can't even manage to utter another word. Then everything went black.

The next thing I knew, I was here on the sofa of Aunt Sophie's room in the hospital. Toff's sleeping by my side. He probably felt so much tired staying up all night looking for me and Aunt Sophie. I stared at his sleeping face. He looks so tired but still managed to look as the most beautiful living man in the world for me. I know every time I look at him I am the luckiest girl alive having Toff beside me all the time. When I have him, I don't just have a loving man beside me but I also have a brother, best friend and a shoulder to lean on. I'm glad I have him.

The doctor entered the room.

"Doc, how's she going? When will she wake up?" I asked.

"She'll be waking up anytime soon. Miss, I am so sorry. But do you really know her fragile condition?" What is this doctor talking about? Aunt just blacked out and I guess that was just due to severe stress  she felt and nothing more. But what is it?

"Excuse me? What exactly do you mean Doc?" I questioned him confused.

"Well, your Aunt's suffering from cancer. I'm so unhappy to break it up to you but she only has a short span of time to live. I prolly guess that she knows about it already. There's no cure with her condition. It already had been spread out of her body. The cancer is now on it's fourth stage. Miss, please enjoy your remaining moments together. We'll never know how long she can hold on." With that, he left the room.

My world stopped revolving as I heard the doctor speak. She can't die!!!! She's strong and I know that. I love her with all my heart. She's like my mother. But I didn't even tried to make it up to her this past few days. How stupid of me!! I can't even take the fact that our remaining time together was just so limited. I wanna cry out loud but I know, crying won't change the situation I am in.

I sat on the chair placed beside her. Watching her sleep. She looks so... So fragile and weak. Now I get it why does she looks so extremely weak this past few weeks. But I remembered something... does Toff knows about this? I guess he does. That's why he's asking me to talk and make up with her. He made a promise not to tell this to me. Knowing Aunt, she probably told Toff to keep it their secret. She doesn't want for me to hear this news from Toff but from her. I'm not mad at Toff. I know  how he  respects my family that's why he didn't tell that to me.

I saw Aunt's finger moved a bit. It's a sign that she's waking up.

"Cl-clarisse?" Aunt muttered under her breath.

"Aunt Sophie...I-i-i'm so sorr-sorry.." I answered between sobs.

"Stop crying baby... I'm the one who should apologize. Not you.." She said in a weak tone.

"No, it's fine. You have no fault. I love you Auntie Sophie." I kissed her cheeks. Suddenly I sensed tears flowing down her cheeks.

"I have something to tell you before it's too late-" I cut her sentence.

"Shh... I already knew it.. You have cancer. why didn't you tell me that before? When it's just beginning? I might help you about it."

"No, doctors tried their best. I knew it Clarisse. I have all the money to spend just to cure it. I don't wanna die. I still do want to witness you grow and have your babies and everything. But i'm really really sorry. I can't." That's where I started crying. I know she loves me but I have no idea that she does this much.

"Auntie. It's okay. We'll just enjoy your remaining time. You'll live longer for me right?" I said.

"Yes i'll try my best baby..." I hugged her carefully. "There's still one important thing that I want to tell you. But i do not know how to break it up to you..." What is that??? I already know about her disease but there's still another?

"Wha-" I was cut in by Toff. He just woke up.

"Sophie, i'm glad you're up!" He said.

"Yes thank you son." Aunt smiled to him.

"Well i'm very glad you do now. Sophie please tell Rissey about it. I'm begging you." his face turned seriously begging.

"Yes. I will."

"Okay. I'll go outside to give you and Rissey your privacy." With that, he exited the room. Why does it has to be privately discussed by just me and her? Toff already knows about it too? Wow. Okay i'm so out of place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry about this another cliff hanger! Haha. The next chappie is on it's way on no time.  YES! I made two chappie at a time. :)) That was my reward for you guys. :)

Pardon me for the mistakes. I haven't checked it yet. I'll try later. :)) thanks readers. loveyaaa.:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
84.3K 3.7K 79
"Do you have any idea how damn frustrating you are?" He trapped me between him and the wall. Stubbornly, I looked squarely at him, "You say this lik...
1K 45 24
Lonely. That's what she was. See, she left her best friend in high school. They met in their first year of high school, she slowly fell in love with...
24.9K 3.1K 26
To be honest I truly admire his; spirt, ambition about football, sense of humor and his ability to hold a conversation. I just so happen to like the...