My Baby's Daddy

By SimplyAmber96

Hayden Barnes is a 17-year-old girl who made a mistake when she was 16. She had a baby boy named Brandon with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 24

14.7K 236 43
By SimplyAmber96

Chapter 24

Consequences

Hayden's P.O.V*

I got home and rushed into the house. Blood was running down my cheek the entire ride and some of it dripped on to my shirt. I took Brandon upstairs and put him down for a nap before I went into the bathroom to clean my face.

I examined my cheek in the mirror and saw that the cut wasn't that bad. It just bled a lot. I got a paper towel and placed it to my cheek to stop the bleeding. The paper towel almost instantly became soaked with my blood.

I sighed and went to get a towel from the linen closet. I waded it up and placed it on my cheek. I then pulled out my cell phone and called Kristie.

"Hey Hayden. What's up?" She answered.

"Would you mind coming over? I need your help on something and I might need you to watch Brandon."
"Sure. I'll be there in a few."
After a while Kristie was here and she was pounding me with questions about the cut on my cheek. I'd actually gotten it to stop.

"So Drake's old boss did that to you?" Kristie asked me.

"Yeah. He used me to get to Drake."
"It worked?"

"Yeah. Drake agreed to work for him again. I'm surprised he didn't just let you get cut up. It's not like he cares."

Kristie helped bandage my cheek and then we sat and ate popcorn as we watched a random movie.

"So what are you going to do about Drake selling drugs? Are you going to turn him in or what?"
"No. I'm not going to do anything. I'm going to let him live his life the way he wants while I live mine the way I want. But he can't see Brandon anymore. I don't want Brandon exposed to that kind of stuff."

There was a knock at the door and I went to answer it. I was surprised to see Drake. I figured he'd be starting out on the streets or getting into Fiona's pants.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

" I just wanted to make sure you're okay."
"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."
"Come on Hayden." He looked into my eyes. "Are you really okay?"

"I'm fine." I looked away. "I just wish you weren't so stupid."
I was about to close the door on him but his arm shot out and stopped the door. He came in and shut the door behind him.

"What are you talking about?" He asked me.

"I'm talking about the agreement you made with Duke. You have a son to care for remember? You can't be out on those streets again. Not if you love Brandon."

"I have to do it or he'll hurt you."

"If that's the way you want to be, then I forbid you to see Brandon again."

There was a silence as Drake looked at me in shock and in anger. I figured he'd get upset about this.

"I'll be upstairs." Kristie said, getting up and walking upstairs.

"Are you insane? You can't keep Brandon away from me, he's my son!"

"I don't care. What kind of example are you showing going around selling drugs? I don't want him to grow up to be like you."
"Ah, so that's what you're really afraid of. The truth comes out. You were never concerned for my safety or Brandon's safety. You just don't want him to grow up to be like me. You should want him to turn out like me. At least I care and I'm a hell of a good father."
"Shut up! You don't care. All you care about is yourself. You think you're the center of the universe, but you're most definitely are not. And a good father? I beg to differ. You don't watch him well enough. You forget to feed him sometimes and you don't care who he's around."

I saw him clench his fist.. I crossed my arms in front of me and stood my ground. He needs to hear this.

"I'm going to go before I do something we'll both regret." He walked out the door without another word.

I went upstairs and found Kristie in my room with ear buds in her ears. She looked up at me and took the buds out of her ears.

"What happened?" She asked me.

"Drake and I had an argument. I don't think we're going to be talking for a while."

"I'm sorry. I hope everything gets better."

"Me too."

Drake's P.O.V*

I woke up to my alarm. For some reason Duke has this outrageous time that we have to get up. I dragged myself out of bed and went to take a shower. After I dressed in jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and a leather jacket.

I headed out of the apartment and walked down the street to our usual meeting location. I turned down an alley and saw Duke, Darren, Sean, Adam, and some others I don't know.

"Hey." I greeted. "So what's first?"

"You know the routine. You and Darren are together. A few people will be meeting you on the corner of Highland Ave."

"Alright, let's go." Darren said.

We got in Darren's car and he drove to Highland Ave. He parked and we got out. We stood in front of a small liquor store. I shoved my hands into my pocket to keep them warm. I should've layered more.

"Want a cigarette?" Darren asked me.

I looked at the packet of cigarettes in his hand. What would it hurt? It's not like I haven't smoked before.

"Sure, why not?"

I took a cigarette and he lit it for me. I inhaled the smoke and felt the heat fill me. I've actually missed the feeling of this. I blew the smoke back out letting it fill the air.

"That's good." I said. "But I wish I had something stronger."
"I have some back at my place. We can stop there after this."

A car pulled up in front of us and I figured it was a "customer". I stood upright and waited for the person to get out of the car. It was man with curly blonde hair and green eyes. He had a long scar covering his left cheek. He was thick with muscle and was a little intimidating.

"Are you Drake and Darren?" He asked us in a deep voice.

"That's us." I responded with no emotion. "You here for the stuff?" He nodded.

I pulled out a small packet of Coke and held it in my fist. I put my hand out to shake his and we made the switch. I then stuck the money in my pocket making sure it wasn't visible. Who knows if there's any cops lurking around?

The man left and after a while Darren's cell rang. He pulled it from his pocket and answered it.

"Hey Duke." He answered. "Since when do we make house deliveries?" Duke wants us to make a drop at someone's house? That's risky for us. "I know we're the best, but..." Duke hardly ever takes no for an answer. "Fine, we'll do it."

Darren drove us to an extremely beat up neighborhood. The houses were the size of shacks and made of old bricks. There was little grass and mostly dirt. The street had multiple cracks that clearly needed to be fix. It was empty outside, probably because it's so cold.

Darren stopped in front of a house. It looked just like the other houses in this neighborhood. We walked up the damaged, weak steps and I knocked on the door. A moment passed and the door swung open. A shirtless man with short brown hair and brown eyes stood in the doorway.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked us.

"We work for Duke.." Darren answered. "We're here to make a delivery."
"Come in."
We slowly entered and looked around. The house smelled of weed and it was dark with only light coming from a small room towards the back. We followed him to the little room and we found a table of men. They were playing poker.

"Who are they?" A man in a white polo asked.

"They're Dukes' men." The shirtless man responded. "They have the stuff."

"Search 'em." The polo man ordered the other men.

Soon we were getting patted down. This guy is extremely paranoid. He must think we may have a gun.

"What's this?" I guy asked, taking something from Darren's pocket. I was surprised to see a slick black gun.

Since when does Darren carry or own a gun? He never told me. Now what's going to happen.

"Who are you really?" The man in the polo asked, quickly aiming a gun at us.

"Easy." I said, putting my hands up in defense. "We work for Duke. We told you."
"Duke knows not to let his men in here with weapons. I don't trust him and I most certainly don't trust you two. Tell me who you are!"

Why am I getting into bad situations all of a sudden? Everything is just turning on me.

"I promise you that we work for Duke." Darren said. "He said nothing about Weapons."

"I don't believe you. Since you won't tell us who you really are..."

I jumped when the gun fired multiple times. My body began to sting. I looked down to see three bullet holes. One in my leg. One in my stomach, and one just missing my heart. Blood almost immediately soaked my shirt. I fell to the ground, feeling dizzy. I laid there, drowning in my own blood. Is this the end? Will I never get to see Brandon again. Never get to see him grow up. Never send him off to his first day of school?

The first day I come back in this business, I get shot. Now I'm going to die. No one will find me because no one knows we're here except Duke. There's no way he'll call the police because he doesn't want to risk being caught. I'm dying here today with not a single good-bye to or from the people I care about.
Hayden's P.O.V*

I woke up to my alarm clock. Going to school is the last thing I want to do because of this cut on my cheek. Maybe I can cover it up with makeup. The last thing I want is a lot more stares at me.

I showered and dressed in a sweater, jeans, and boots. I dressed Brandon in warm clothes and went to get ready fro school.

A little under an hour later, I was walking into the school. People stared at me like usual, but this time I'm sure it's because of the cut on my cheek. I wasn't able to cover it with makeup. It's way too tender.

I got to my locker and did my daily routine. I put my books away and headed to class. I was surprised to see Ashton leaning against the wall outside my classroom. He doesn't have this class with me.

"Ashton, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Oh, hey Hayden. I wanted to talk to you." His eyes fell on my cheek. "What happened to you?" He took my chin and turned my head to the side. I pushed his hand away. "Who hurt you?"

"It's none of your business."

I turned to walk into my classroom and Ashton took hold of my arm to stop me. I pulled my arm away and he gave me an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry. I won't bother you about it anymore. But I will continue bothering you about us. I want us to get back together. And the way I see it, you need me more now than ever. You seem like there's something on your mind."
"I'm fine Ashton. I don't need you to talk to. I have friends for that."

He sighed and looked down at the ground. He looked back up at me with gorgeous blue eyes that almost made me fall again.

"We can be friends. I'd take that than not have you at all. I need you in my life Hayden. I just need you to forgive me and take me back in some way. Please, I'm begging you."

I stared into his eyes, almost getting lost in them. How could I say no to those eyes? They're so gorgeous! But wait, he called me a liar and wouldn't listen to my warnings about Marcie. He can't just beg me to be his friend. How pathetic can he get?

Ashton's P.O.V*

I looked into Hayden's eyes looking for a speck of hope. I need her to come back to me. That's the only way either of us will be happy. No one can love her as much as I can and do. We were made for each other. She just has to realize it.

"I can't be friends with someone who believes I'm a liar."

"I don't believe that you're a liar. I know you're not a liar. Marcie just... she made me believe her. You know how she is. I felt alone and she was there to make me feel better. But I didn't realize how completely wrong I was about her. I've learned my lesson and I'm sorry bad things had to happen before I could figure it out."

I just want her to know how sorry I am but it's just not working. Whatever apology I come up with, she finds a way to turn it around.

"I'll think about it. Meet me after school outside by the front entrance."

"Alright."

I went through the whole day thinking about what Hayden's answer could be. When the last bell of the day rang, I rushed to the front of the school. I stood outside and waited for Hayden to show. I hope her answer is a positive one.

Hayden finally came from the school building. She saw me and gave me a small smile. That has to be a sign right?

"Hey." She greeted when she got to me. "Want to grab something from the café? I didn't have lunch. There's some things on my mind."

"Talk about it when we get there?"
"Sure."
I drove to the café and waited for Hayden to arrive with Brandon. I got us a table and ordered us some hot chocolate. Hayden came through the door right when the woman was placing our hot chocolates on the table.

"Hi." Hayden greeted, sitting down across from me. "Hot chocolate?"

"Yeah. Do you mind?"

"Not at all."

She sat Brandon in the empty chair next to her. He was asleep and looked to be staying that way for a while.

"So what's up?" I asked her. "What's bothering you?"

"I got this cut on my cheek yesterday when Drake's old boss came by and used me to get him back on his side. Drake is now selling drugs again."

"Does he not care about Brandon?"

"He claims he does but I'm having trouble believing that. If he cared he wouldn't be selling again."
I don't understand what she ever saw in Drake. He's obviously never going to be a good guy. And from what I heard, he never has been. How did Drake possibly get Hayden to be his girlfriend?

"We had a fight last night and it was pretty ugly. I don't know when we'll bounce back from it."

"It was that bad?"

"Yeah. I think Drake was ready to punch someone he was so angry. I usually hear from him everyday but I haven't heard anything from him.

Hayden's cell rang making her jump. She looked at the caller ID and her eyebrows furrowed.

"Is it him?" I asked her.

"No. It's his sister." She answered the phone. "Hey Veronica." There was silence and then her hand covered her mouth and she made a face of shock and horror. I even saw a tear escape and roll down her cheek. What could possibly have happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's the chapter!! What did you think? What do you think happened to Drake and Darren?? Comment and tell me your thoughts!!

Picture of Darren and Drake ->

Please comment, vote, and/or fan. Thanks!! ;-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 467 26
Chloe Summers is a part of a group of five students called The Elites. She, along with the other members, excel at many things. They are smart, athle...
3.8K 102 20
Emery is a 20 year old who had a one night stand when she was 17 and now has 3 year old twins who is her life, she goes to college and takes her baby...
55.4K 1.5K 5
hyunjin, straykids (rewriting this little fuc)
319K 10.5K 65
Meet Aurora who just turned 21. and is working as a waitress to pay off her day to day bills. lives with her best friend. and what do must 21 year...