His Nerd Next Door

By HoneyJewelz

One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... More

Authors Note
Velvet Cake
Order In The Court
Ninja Rolls And A Half Naked Ashton
The Bad Boy Blushes
Word Goes Around Fast
Stalker Is Not In My Vocabulary
Meet The Bad Boys
The Secret
Her Crush
Smart Badboy
Awkward Dinner
Sneaking Around In Ashton's Bedroom
Sleeping Beauty
The Step To Becoming A Man
The Principal's Past
Not So Heartless After All
My Poor Innocent Eyes
What Are We
Not So Nice Day Out
Let Them Play
Just Keep Running
Gym Times Are Fun Times, Yeah Right
You Violent Love Struck Puppy
King Of The Badboys
Afraid
What Is She To Me
She Likes Him
The Sad Truth Of A Lie
Pure Muscle Baby
Was He Flirting With Me
Zandy Mandy And Ashy Pashy
Punch Me
To Be Loved
Girl Fights
Hunt Me Down
Zander's Ship
Devils And Angels
D Is For Disaster
Need Peanut Butter For That Jelly
Only Wanted Attention
What I Lost Is What I'll Lose
Stuck In A Pickle
Some Fatherly Advice
His Mask His Weakness
It Was All Him
His Disapproving Father
Do You Trust Me
What They Know
Unexpected Guests
He Let Go
Epilogue
Second Book
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)
Gianna And Jake Bonus
Update: Thank You

My Suspicious Mother

534K 24.2K 14.5K
By HoneyJewelz

Fan Cover by @fandombeforeblood0

Julie's pov:

Ever since Ashton and I first sat down at the table where his parents, my parents, and my little brother, were already waiting, I felt like I was being watched.

More specifically, my up to no good mother.

When food was being given out, she would keep raising her eyebrows and kept looking back and forth between me and Ashton.

Trust me, I tried to ignore that woman, the best I possibly could, but she was making it pretty obvious.

"So, Julie, how did you and Ashton meet?" My mother starts the conversation when everyone has their food on their plates.

I glare at my mother as she gives a wicked grin.

Which by the way, doesn't she know that the first time I saw him he literally stormed up into his bedroom?

Dear lord, send prayers.

But before I could answer her question, guess who decided to speak up first.

"Oh we met like any normal people would. Trust me, there is no wall between us." Ashton says smirking at me from across the other side of the table.

Our parents probably didn't get the side joke, but he is replying back to when I rolled right into my wall.

I mean, that was in the past... a long time ago!!

Yeah...it was less than a week ago.

But still!!

Oh and even better, my luck, I got my lovely mother sitting right beside me, and this pain in my behind in front of me.

"Well that's good to hear, you Ashton seem like such a good kid." My mom says smiling from ear to ear.

"Yes well, if he spent more time focusing on his school work than picking fights at school then that could be arranged." Mr. Rider says, just casually, you know?

The next second after that, everyone, well except him, became stiff and utterly speechless.

Alissa smacks his arms and gives out a large sigh.

I look over at Ashton as he grips his fork tightly in his hands while taking heavier breaths.

No one is saying anything until a buzzer goes off.

"Oh look, the second batch of mashed potatoes is done." My mom says, rather awkwardly, standing up and pulling it off of the stove.

I look back over at Ashton to see his eyes are already lingering on mine.

I try to give him a small smile but he just looks down and, may I say, viscously stabs his fork into his chicken.

Poor chicken.

I look over to my little brother Jake to see him just looking around confused.

"Jake, how was school today? Meet any new friends?" I ask, trying to get rid of all of the tension in the room.

Oh god, I'm turning into a mom.

"Yep."

Do you think I can just adopt kids who have kids so I can just be a grandma?

My cane is going to be decorated in sparkles.

Because sparkles makes every situation in life better.

Plus, I don't have to feel guilty about buying cookies at the Supermarket.

I'll just think 'Hey, I'm a grandma, it's my job.'

"And what grade are you in Jake?" Alissa asks joining into our conversation.

"Fourth"

So you answer her question but not mine.

...

Guess who isn't getting any of Grandma's cookies and getting to touch her cane?

My mom finally comes to sit back down and she sets the mashed potatoes in the center.

Once again, no one is really bothering to start up conversation again so the room just falls in dead silence.

I look over to grab a napkin but there are none left.

Finally!! An excuse to get away for a couple of seconds.

"Um..I'm going to go grab some more napkins." I say standing up.

I make eye contact with my dad and he nods his heads.

Since we keep all our extra supplies in the basement, I open the door slightly and turn on the light.

Well, here goes nothing.

I slowly walk down the stairs and keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

Hey, this is a new house and this is only my third time being down here.

For all I know, there could be some person living down here that we don't know about.

Just saying.

I finally get to the bottom and look through the many boxes along the walls.

Crap... I don't know which one has the napkins.

I start with the closest box and decide to make my way from there.

After about a minute, I move to the next box.

I suddenly here a small creek and I jump up. But nothing was there.

You're just scaring yourself Julie, I try to persuade myself. I turn back around and start to dig through the box when suddenly a hand comes out of nowhere.

It covers my mouth before I even get the chance to scream.

My life is over!!!!!!

I never got to get my license!!

Finish high school!!

Get into college!!!

Become a billionaire!!!!!!

What, it's the truth. Money buys food which is the key to true happiness.

I turn around slowly to see that I am faced with a....

"What the heck Ashton!!" I say throwing my hands up in the air. He laughs out loud holding his stomach in the process.

"You should have seen your face!!" He says, mocking my scared expression.

Yeah, a deadly clown would be more appealing than this.

"That was not funny." I say when my breathing starts to become even.

After his laughing fit, he wipes the loose tears that escaped from his eyes.

"Trust me, it was funny beautiful." He says.

I try to look away and hide my blush that dared to form.

"Why are you down here anyways?"

"I am protecting the princess, being a gentlemen."

"Yeah, some gentlemen you are." I say rolling my eyes and looking back at the boxes.

"Need help?"

"Yes."

"Too bad, that might take awhile." He starts to walk back up the stairs but I grab his arm.

He turns around and we are met face to face.

"Trying to seduce me princess? All you had to do was say the magic word."

"Wait. What. No!!!" I say frantically shaking my head and letting go of his arm.

"Already in denial.. I expected better from you nerd."

I shake my head as I drag him to the boxes.

"You can either help me find napkins, or you can be my guest and go back upstairs where our parents are sitting at that table."

He looks like he is thinking for a second. His blue eyes burning into mine.

"Fine, but you owe me." He says kneeling down infront of one of the boxes.

"What do you mean, I owe you?? I'm not making you help me."

"Trust me, your body language was speaking otherwise."

"What do you mean... body language?"

At this, Ashton raises his voice, making it come out in a girly voice.

"Oh Ashton, my sweet, sexy, hot Ashton, I don't know how on earth I will be able to do this all on my own." He says putting a hand on his forehead.

When he is done, he smirks at me and turns back around.

I roll my eyes, but don't say anything, and pick one of the boxes on the other side of the room.

After about ten minutes, he finally finds it and we silently head back upstairs.

Everyone, except Jake who was fast asleep on the couch, looked like they were having a deep conversation but they stopped as soon as they see us coming up the stairs.

We awkwardly take our seats as my mom pulls out a chocolate cake dessert.

After that, the Rider's get ready to leave since it was a school/work night for everyone.

I sit on the stairs watching everyone say their goodbyes.

I feel a shadow on me so I look up to see Ashton.

"If you ever need anything nerd, I am only a window away." He says and smirks.

I nod my head and watch as they walk out.

When the door is shut, I start to make my way up the stairs, but not before I hear my mom shout out.

"Stop right there young lady!!!!"

I slowly turn around and face her wrath of destruction.

"Yes?" I say, the most innocently that I can pull off.

"Do you like..like Ashton?"

Well, the truth is...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 1.5K 38
Started in 2018 Hardcopy available on NotionPress and Amazon *Rank* 1 * in #boynextdoor *Rank* 1 * in #badboylovestory When shy yet sarcastic Daniel...
172 22 10
"What the hell were you thinking you bastard? Jumping in the middle like that" she shrieks loudly, her face fueling with anger. I look at her baffled...
855 2 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...