Fate / Sacred Fire

By SdarkDeathgod

Set in an alternate universe from the Fate series. The second Holy Grail War is about to begin and with this... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Final Chapter

Chapter Thirty

11 1 0
By SdarkDeathgod

Kuro allowed Jun and Zerra to infiltrate the abandoned amusement park and volunteered to fight Valerie's second Servant, Dianna. Both Servants   momentarily displayed a bit of their power for intimidation but was unaffected for they were more than determined to slay each other. As Kuro goes into a fighting stance with his scythe, Dianna simply stands there doing nothing.

Kuro: Do you intend to fight with your bare hands?
Dianna: Who knows? I might just do that.
Kuro: I see that even in the presence of Death, you don't waver.
Dianna: I wouldn't be much of a Servant if I feared my own death. I have already failed in preventing those two from entering, I won't make the same mistake twice.
Kuro: Before we start, do you mind telling me your name?

Dianna doesn't answers right away. Just when Kuro was about to say something, the masked Servant finally respond.

Dianna: It's Dianna.
Kuro: Dianna, huh?
Dianna: Now that introductions are over, I shall now proceed and cut you down.
Kuro: You just go ahead....and try!

Without warning, Kuro launch himself towards Dianna with great speed. When he was close enough, he strikes with his scythe but at the last minute, the masked Servant casually blocks it with one hand, which caught Kuro off guard for a moment.

Kuro: W-What...? (murmurs)
Dianna: Too slow.

While still gripping the scythe, Dianna delivers a quick and lightning fast jab to Kuro's chest. He quickly pulls his weapon away from her hands and distance himself from her. Seconds later, he holds the area on his chest where he was hit before coughing out blood.

Kuro: Y-You're really fast, girl. I had no idea you could keep up with my speed.
Dianna: "Keep up"? I have surpassed it. Don't think we're at the same level.
Kuro: My, my, my. That sharp tongue of yours really is starting to get on my nerve.
Dianna: Only the strong can confidently talk this way. Unlike you.
Kuro: Tch.

Kuro calmly walks from left to right while still holding his chest.

Kuro: I've underestimated her. That one attack broke my ribs as well as punctured my heart. If it wasn't for my fast regenerating ability, I would have died already. (thinks to self)

While Kuro was deep in his thoughts, Dianna stomps the ground with such strength that it cause a short earthquake that traveled throughout a large area around the them. The shaking was more than enough to make Kuro lose his balance a little. Dianna sees this opportunity and strikes.

Dianna: You're mine. (eyes glow)

In a blink of an eye, Dianna manage to close the gap between then and was already in front of Kuro, about to deliver another punch. But to her surprise, he had an expression like he was ready for her.

Kuro: Not this time!

A second scythe materialize in Kuro's other hand and uses it to successfully block her attack. He then slashes her with his first scythe, cutting a long and bloody wound across her body. Despite the injury, she counters with a kick but Kuro blocks it once more, however, the force of the kick pushes his several feet away. Now a safe distance away, he checks on Dianna and was surprise to see that she wasn't reacting to the wound at all. It was like she isn't injured in the first place and continues to stand there.

Kuro: This girl has one to many tricks up her sleeve. A wound like that and she's not even flinching. (thinks to self)

Dianna looks at her wound but doesn't pay too much attention. Seconds later, it starts to heal itself along with her school uniform that was torn from Kuro's attack. The Reaper was amazed at what he was seeing.

Kuro: Interesting. I see that you have a bit of a regeneration ability. But not only you healed your wounds, but also the clothes you're wearing.
Dianna: You've bit more than you could chew, reaper.
Kuro: What was that?
Dianna: You clearly see our gap when it comes to our strength. Surrender now and I'll grant you a painless death.
Kuro: That's a laugh! Sorry girl, but that's not happening!
Dianna: I see. Then you leave me with no choice?
Kuro: What?

Suddenly, Dianna's body burst with powerful energy. Then, a long, red and scaly tail slithers out from the skirt of her uniform and coils on the ground around her. At the same time, an image of a enormous, red dragon appears behind her, giving a loud and intimidating roar. Kuro holds his ground and place both scythes in front of him and goes into a defensive stance.

Kuro: Even if it was for a split second, that's the same thing I saw earlier. No doubt about it, this Servant's true identity is a Dragon. No wonder she thinks highly of herself. (thinks to self)

Kuro also notice that something was materializing on Dianna's hands. Moments later, it fully appears and reveal itself as a modern day crossbow, complete with a scope.

Kuro: What in the world...?(murmurs)
Dianna: You will see our gap when it comes to true strength.
Kuro: Don't think I'll give you a chance to even use that weapon of yours.

Dianna takes her crossbow and aims at Kuro. Giving her no time to shoot, the Servant dash towards her, ready to cut her with his scythes. But before he could even get close, the dragon swipes it's large sharp claws at Kuro, knocking him to one side. He lands hard on the ground but quickly gets on his feet and was in disbelief of what just happened.

Kuro: D-Did that seriously happened? I thought that thing was just for showing off.

With Kuro still recovering from the attack, Dianna takes the chance and aims at him.

Dianna: Dragon's Roar. (eyes glow)

Instead of an arrow, her crossbow shoots a beam of red energy. Kuro sees the attack coming and blocks it with his scythes. But seconds later, his weapon shatters into pieces as the beam continue on and hits him right in the chest, knocking him back to the ground.

Kuro: W-What just...happened...? (murmurs)

Kuro slowly gets on his feet and summons another scythe in both hands. The expression on his face clearly shows that he was hurt from the last attack.

Kuro: Was that y-your Noble Phantasm?
Dianna: Yes. And so is this. (looks at dragon)
Kuro: Two Noble Phantasms, huh? Not bad, not bad at all. (grins)
Dianna: I attack with my Dragon's Roar and at the same time, my Dragon's Wrath protects me from harm. You'll never get close to me.
Kuro: Oh I wouldn't say that if I were you.
Dianna: Then come at me with everything you've got.
Kuro: Careful what you wish for....You might just get it. (eyes glow)

An eerily black smoke emits from Kuro's body and slowly swirls around him. Dianna realize that something was up and place her guard up.

Kuro: I'll show you what it means to be the Grim Reaper. And since you were kind enough to use two Noble Phantasms, I'll gladly show you mine.

The smoke gathers next to Kuro while it continues swirling around. It then takes a human-like shape and moments later, it transform into a clone of Kuro himself, complete with his own scythe. Although she was wearing a mask, Dianna was obviously surprised by this.

Kuro: This is my Noble Phantasm. Eternal Darkness: Twin Scythe.

Meanwhile, Jun and Zerra were hastily running through the abandoned amusement part, desperately trying to find Nia.

Zerra: Hey, Jun.
Jun: What?
Zerra: Do you think Nia's Servant can handle an opponent like her?
Jun: He is her Servant so I'm not that worried.
Zerra: I was really surprised back there. I didn't know he could transport people like that.
Jun: It just shows how strong he is. Besides, let's focus on rescuing Nia.
Zerra: Right.

After several minutes, the two enters a large empty field with only a couple of old rides on the side. In the middle of the field, Jun can see something.

Jun: What's that? (murmurs)

As the two moves closer, they realize that it was Nia. She was tied in chains on a pole and seems to be unconscious.

Zerra: Its....Nia!
Jun: You're right. Let's get her out of--!
Zerra: Jun! Wait!

Zerra quickly grabs Jun by his arm and prevents him from moving.

Jun: Zerra? What are you doing?! (looks at Zerra)
Zerra: Don't rush in like that when the enemy is in plain sight.
Jun: Huh? What are you talking about?
Zerra: Judging from your reaction, it's obvious you can see him.

Jun looks at Nia again. Out of nowhere, Victor appears next to her. He then applause Zerra for noticing him.

Victor: As expected from a Servant of your caliber. You saw through my trick without a doubt.
Jun: Victor...(murmurs)
Zerra: Anyone can see through your stupid tricks.
Victor: Since you're here, I'm guessing you're going to stop my Master's plan.
Zerra: It's plain obvious. What she's doing is against the rules.
Victor: Rules are meant to be broken.
Zerra: Not on my watch.
Victor: Sigh. This is getting us nowhere. Can't you see what she's doing can benefit you as well?
Zerra: What are you talking about?
Victor: Think about it. If she summons the Grail here, everyone can get their wish. There won't be any need to spill more blood. This war can finally end.
Zerra: Thanks but we'll pass.
Victor: I didn't think you were this stupid.
Jun: You're the stupid one. Don't think we'll easily fall for your lies.
Victor: Lies? I have no idea what you're--.

Jun quickly summons a Pawn right in front of Victor. It then thrust it's weapon at Victor but the Servant easily evades it before breaking the familiar into pieces with one straight punch. He stares at Jun with a serious expression on his face.

Victor: Hey, don't you know it's rude to interrupt someone who's talking?
Jun: Do I look like someone who cares?

Victor cracks his knuckles and takes several steps forward. Zerra stands in front of Jun and summons her flaming sword.

Zerra: If it's a fight you want, then it's a fight you'll get. (eyes glow)
Victor: I'm itching to know how strong you really are, Servant Zerra.
Zerra: The same thing I can say to you.

Before they could fight, Nia suddenly wakes up and seems to be in pain. Her entire body was slightly glowing blue as well.

Jun: W-What's going on?
Victor: Oh, looks like it's starting. (looks at Nia)
Zerra: What?!
Victor: Her mana is being drained from her. With this, the Grail will make it's appearance soon.
Jun: Valerie! She's doing this! Hey, where is she?!

Victor grins and then points at something behind Jun. He slowly turns around and was in shock to find Valerie standing so close to him.

Jun: Valerie--!

She casually place her hand on his shoulder and the moment she did that, she and Jun stops moving.

Zerra: Jun..! (looks at Jun)

Zerra was about to go to Jun's side when Victor suddenly appears next to her in an instant. He tightly grabs her arm and throws her to the side. She hits the wall of a nearby store and goes through it with crushing force.

Victor: I'm afraid I can't allow you to do that. Your Master is going to have some quality time with mine.

Zerra comes bursting out from the hole of the wall with her flaming sword in hand. She goes straight for Victor with the intent of cutting him down.

Zerra: VICTOR!!!
Victor: Come at me, Servant Zerra!

Zerra swings her weapon several times in lightning fast speed but Victor was able to dodge them easily. He insultingly laughs at Zerra's attempts while continue evading her attacks.

Victor: Is this all you're capable of? How disappoint--.
Zerra: Shut up! SHUT UP!!! (eyes glow)

Zerra thrust her sword but Victor evades it again, however, the flames on the sword suddenly grows larger. This was so unexpected that Victor's front part of his body gets hit by it for a moment. He endures the pain and quickly distance himself from her.

Victor: Whoa....That was unexpected. 
Zerra: What did she do to Jun?!
Victor: Oh, she's just taking a quick peek in his head. That's all.
Zerra: What...? (murmurs)

Meanwhile, deep inside Jun's subconsciousness. Jun was standing in the middle of pitch darkness although he could still see himself.

Jun: Where....am I? What is this place?

Just then, an image of a woman appears several feet from him. Although he was startled at first, he soon realize that he knew this woman. She gives him a sweet and warm smile.

Jun: M-Mom....? (murmurs)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99 5 15
I do not own the pictures used in the cover of this book so the credits goes to the rightful owner. ----------------------- Sypnosis The Holy Grails...
115 0 25
Written in the style of and inspired by Japanese anime. In a world much like our own, but one where magic and superhumans have existed since the very...
479 13 18
The Holy Grail Wars now been moved to the United States. As Mages from all over the world compete in the war, Sol Hernandez is caught in the fray wit...
831 16 10
A group of seven mages gets chosen to become masters of seven classes of heroic spirits, in order to fight and win the Holy Grail. This story is a fo...