The Other Side

Por mollysue

I sleep by day. I live by night. I'm from the other side, a side only few know about. The only way you'll kno... Más

Story Introduction & Author's Note
Night One
Day Two
Day Three
Night Three
Day Four
Night Four
Day Five
Night Five
Day Six
Night Six
Day Seven
Night Seven
Day Eight
Night Eight
Day Nine
Night Nine
Day Ten
Night Ten
Day Eleven

Night Two

56 5 0
Por mollysue

New Chapter :) You Guys Enjoy :)

Night Two

I sat in Charlie's, drinking my normal frappe, and looked up from my book.

"Charlie, when you went to school did you have to read Romeo and Juliet?"

He nodded.

"Yes'm it was required. I'll never understand why they killed each other though. Why couldn't they just elope like you kids do nowadays?"

I rolled my eyes at Charlie.

"Not all of us kids elope Charlie."

He walked over to me.

"No, they don't. Little Miss Sanders here is too afraid to get herself a man."

I scoffed.

"Afraid? I'm not afraid to get myself a man! I just haven't found the right one yet."

He rolled his eyes and sat down across from me, staring me right in the eyes.

"Like who? A night-timer like you? Honey, you ain't gonna find nobody your age traveling around the dark streets of Manhattan at these hours. You want a man, you gotta go find yourself one."

I took a drink of my frappe just as the bell above the door went off, signaling someone walking inside.

"We're closed!" Charlie yelled from his seat across from me.

We both looked up and I was surprised to see the boy from last night. Charlie stood.

"Ace, my friend, what can I do ya for?" He asked.

Ace looked at me and then at Charlie.

"The usual is fine. How you been Charlie? I miss it here." Ace said.

Charlie smiled and nodded as he went behind the counter to make whatever Ace's usual was.

"Are you gonna start back up again during Christmas break?" Charlie asked.

Ace shook his head.

"No. I wish I could come back and work here though. The smell of coffee and food, not to mention the hot chicks that come to this place..."

He glanced over at me. I looked down at my book and tried to read, but found myself engrossed in their conversation.

"Why's it so dark in here Charlie? Decided to become a vampire when I was gone?" Ace asked.

Charlie laughed, and I crossed my fingers under the table hoping he'd keep his mouth shut.

"No Ace I just got a complaint from my favorite customer about how bright it was in here, so we made a deal. She'd come buy coffee from me every day and I'd keep the lights dimmed on low. Plus, more teenagers come in here after school just 'cause of the change in the lights. Profits are boomin' so this girl was a blessin'."

I blushed and hid my face behind my hair. Everything went silent and when I looked up, Ace was standing in front of me, staring at me. He sat down and continued to stare at me while I started to feel self-conscious.

"What do you want?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"Weren't you ever taught that it's rude to stare?"

"Weren't you ever taught that it's rude to eavesdrop?" He came back saying.

I glared at him.

"I wasn't eavesdropping. You talk so loud the pigeons in Central Park can probably hear you."

Charlie chuckled from behind the counter and Ace stared at me.

"You're good, Sanders. Tougher than I thought. So, why are you out in the streets of Manhattan at this time of night?"

I looked at the clock on the wall.

"First of all, I'm not on the street, I'm in a coffee shop. Second, it's none of your business because you're not my mother, and third? It's only eleven at night."

He nodded.

"Past your curfew."

I laughed, tipping my chair back. I immediately stopped and stared at him.

"I don't have a curfew."

He stared at me, taking a sip from his straight, black coffee.

"Wanna go somewhere?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry boy I'm not any guy's booty call, one-night stand, floozy, slut. You better go find someone out there if you want yourself a quickie because you won't find one here."

Charlie made a sizzle sound.

"Damn Ace, you just got denied. Give up bud. She ain't gonna give in to you. She ain't the type."

I smiled at Charlie.

Ace looked at me and then shrugged.

"Suit yourself."

And he got up and walked out.

I pointed my thumb towards him and looked at Charlie.

"Can you believe that guy? The nerve!"

Charlie laughed.

"Ace is one of them player types Claire. You gotta watch out for them 'cause they can get you in oodles of trouble. I'm not sayin' Ace is a bad kid, but he ain't no angel that's for sure."

I sighed and started to read my book, but couldn't concentrate. My thoughts were now on the weird and mysterious Ace Carson.

What kind of a name is that anyway? Ace. Psh that's probably not even his name! It's probably something dorky like William, or Harry, or Gilbert. And underneath that leather jacket and mohawk is probably...some nice, tanned abs and muscular arms....no, no!

I groaned and pounded my head against the table. Charlie walked over and sat across from me.

"What's traveling in that brain of yours Claire?"

I shrugged and looked at the door for a split second and he chuckled.

"You're thinking about Ace, aren't ya?"

I blushed and looked down at my book.

"Just be careful Claire Marie. Ace is known to get in some bad places with some bad people. I think of him as a son to me, but he's a rascal that one. Known at his school as the heartbreaker. Loves this shop though. I've even thought about givin' it to him in my will when I die. He worked here when he was younger, started when he was about fourteen, and quit last year 'cause of his family moving into town."

I nodded at Charlie and started to pack my things together. My frappe was gone now, and it was midnight, and by now Charlie wanted to go home. I stood.

"You coming by tomorrow?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, tomorrow night."

"No, I meant day time tomorrow."

I looked at Charlie, confused. He knew I couldn't go out during the day, so what was he talking about? I opened my mouth to remind him I couldn't when he already began to explain what he meant.

"Tomorrow, starting at around five, there's gonna be an eclipse. It's supposed to be totally dark outside and a lot of the local teenagers are planning a party here tomorrow, which is fine by me. You should come."

I picked up my book and bag and started walking towards the door. Before I could make it outside, Charlie grabbed my arm and turned me so we were face to face.

"Claire think about it. You'd be around people your age, boys, just people in general. You've never been to a party in your life. You're eighteen Claire. You gotta start living your life. Come tomorrow, even if it's a few minutes. I'll buy you a frappe, on the house, tomorrow night."

I sighed at Charlie as he gave me his best puppy dog eyes. I laughed quietly but he continued with his pitiful puppy dog face.

"Look, Charlie, I don't think it's a good idea. I mean what if the sun comes back up? Besides everyone there will know who I am and just make fun of me or talk about me..."

"Claire darlin' your just gonna have to ignore them jealous haters. Just come and have a good time. Plus, the eclipse is at exactly the right time that, when it's over the moon will be out and the sun will be gone anyway!"

I sighed.

"Maybe."

He smiled and nodded.

"I'll have to talk to my mom and dad, but maybe."

His smile grew, and I shook my head.

"Bye Charlie, see you tomorrow!" I called.

He said bye as I walked out the door and I started walking down the street, inhaling the cold air from the streets of Manhattan.

The street was lit up by street lamps and the cars driving by and all of New York's street signs. I turned right down an alley that cut through this block. It was quiet and eerie like always.

Suddenly, a dark figure stepped in front of me and I froze. Ice flooded my veins and I turned around to head in the other direction but found I was trapped by another man. I swallowed the lump in my throat and turned back around, walking swiftly in the direction I was headed.

I was about to pass the guy when he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. I opened my mouth and screamed. He quickly smacked his hand over my mouth and pulled me deeper into the darkness of the alley.

Quick Claire think of what you were taught! What the hell are you doing?! Try and escape!

I quickly thought about my karate classes and got out of the man's hold before he could drag me further into the darkness.

I stomped onto his toe which caused him to bend over to grab his foot. Then I brought my knee up to his face and he slumped to the ground with a thud.

I looked towards the other guy and found him running towards me.

"Hey. Wait!"

I took off in the direction I was originally going in. I made it out of the alley and stopped for a split second, looking left and right to see if there was a place I could go to hide. On my right, I saw a club and took off in that direction.

Suddenly, I was pulled into the darkness. I screamed for help and the figure slapped their hand over my mouth.

Seriously? Why is this happening to me?

The figure pushed me up against the wall and moved us so we were hidden deep in the shadows.

"Be quiet." He whispered, staring into my eyes.

I stared into the guy's eyes and did as he asked. His eyes were a beautiful blue. What am I thinking? Claire shut up, stop thinking about his eyes! Just then the two men from the alley appeared no less than five feet away from us.

"Where the hell did she go?" The guy I knocked out asked.

"I don't know boss. I didn't see which way she went." The other one said.

"You idiot! Come on. Let's go left." He growled.

We watched in silence as the two men walked in the opposite direction of us.

Finally, when they were long gone, the guy took his hand off my mouth and took a few steps away from me.

"Now, my damsel in distress, you can repay me in any way you'd like."

I gasped and walked towards him.

"You? You! You...you nearly gave me a heart attack you...! Asshole!"

I continued to push on Ace's chest as I yelled at him.

"You're lucky I didn't karate chop your ass because I could've knocked you out." I mumbled.

He chuckled.

"Yes, but then I wouldn't have saved your life, now would I?" He asked cockily.

I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't need your help. I would've been fine all on my own thank you." I said.

He smirked at me and I huffed. Ignoring him, I started to walk to the place that I've been trying to get to this whole time.

"Where you going damsel?" He asked from behind me.

"None of your concern!" I yelled.

"Can I come?" He asked from next to me, making me jump.

I growled, and he smirked at me.

"Don't you have somewhere to be? Some slut to go fuck?" I asked.

He shook his head no.

"Nope only you baby."

I gagged.

"Don't act like you don't like me." He said.

"I'm not acting. I just don't like you." I said as I walked.

He chuckled.

"Not yet damsel but you will. You will!"

I continued walking and started to ignore his presence as he walked next to me.

"Why do you walk like that?" He asked suddenly.

I stopped.

"Like what?"

"Like that. Like you're a guy. Shake your hips; use that ass to your advantage girl because you've got a nice one."

I rolled my eyes at him and started to walk away.

"There you go! Now you got it!" He said enthusiastically.

I kept walking away and he ran up to me.

"Wait up Clara – "

"It's not Clara. It's Claire." I interrupted.

"Wow, okay, sorry Claire. Where are you going anyway? And why is a girl like you out here - on the horrible, dangerous streets of Manhattan at this time of night? How come I've never seen you at school before? I mean it's obvious we go to the same school since you live – "

"Oh my god, you talk too much." I said.

He stopped talking.

"Why do you need to ask me all these questions? Why are you even following me? Don't you have something better to do?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"Nope."

I sighed and continued walking until we got to the entrance of Central Park. I smiled and walked into the park, heading towards my favorite bench.

The bench was deep in the park, away from all the lights of New York. On clear nights you could get an amazing view of the stars. That's why it was my favorite.

I sat down on the bench and sighed, closing my eyes. I heard the obnoxious sound of clicking cut through the silence and opened my eyes to see Ace typing away at his iPhone.

"Is that necessary?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm writing down your every move. First you go to Charlie's, order a chocolate chip frappe and read a book, Romeo and Juliet. Then you walk down alleys trying to get kidnapped until you get to Central Park and sit on a bench deep in the forest where you could easily be raped, kidnapped, or murdered and no one would know."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"I've never been close to being kidnapped until tonight thank you. And if you must know, I do this every single night."

"Don't you sleep?" He asked.

"Don't you?" I retaliated.

He nodded at me.

"Touché."

I rolled my eyes and looked up at the sky.

"So...how come I've never seen you around damsel?" He asked.

"Can you not call me that?" I asked.

He smirked at me and I sighed.

"I'm home schooled." I answered with a shrug.

"Why?"

"Does it matter?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"Does it?"

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Are you a vampire?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"No, I'm just...different." I answered.

"Well, I know that obviously."

We both got quiet.

"What time is it?" I asked after a while of silence.

"One thirty."

I opened my eyes and stood up.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Home." I answered.

He stood up as well.

"Let me walk with ya. Wouldn't want you getting kidnapped again." He said.

I rolled my eyes and we started walking towards my house.

"So...." I trailed off.

"So, are you gonna tell me why you're out here?"

"I can't, sorry. I don't even know you. Why would I tell you?"

He threw his hand in my direction.

"My name's Ace. Ace Carson miss."

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"No, I mean like I don't know you know you. Besides, what kind of name is Ace anyway?" I asked.

"It's the name I gave myself thank you." He said.

I nodded and stopped at the front of my neighborhood.

"Thanks for everything." I said quietly.

"Uh, was that a thank you?" He asked.

I punched his arm.

"Shut up." I mumbled.

An awkward silence fell over us.

"Well I'll...see ya later..." I said and started to quickly walk off.

Instead of him leaving like I expected, he followed me.

"Maybe I should walk you to your porch, so you don't get kidnapped." He suggested.

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"You know you're a real handful Miss Claire." He said.

I shook my head at him and walked up to my porch.

"This is my stop kind sir." I joked.

He smirked.

"So, damsel what do I get for saving your precious life?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"My life isn't that precious so I'm sorry, you get nothing. But keep trying." I said and patted his cheek.

I started walking towards my door but before I could completely remove my hand from his face he snatched my wrist in his hand. Pulling me towards him, we ended up face to face so only a few inches separated us.

"Will I see you tomorrow at the party at Charlie's?" He whispered.

I shrugged.

"Probably not. I'll be busy with...."

"With what?" He whispered.

"Nothing." I answered.

"So, you'll be there?" He asked.

I shook my head and backed away.

"I...I can't." I whispered and ran into my house before he could say anything else.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

270K 7.3K 57
Formerly called 'Withered' Highest Ranking as of 5/18/2018: #5 in Matureaudience; 12/7/2018: #3 in ied I gulped as his hand cupped my jaw, "Tell me R...
359K 7.6K 32
"So you like cuddling with me?" she asks me "if I say yes can I cuddle you more?" I ask her "No" she says to me "Then no I don't like cuddling with...
961K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...
132K 3.4K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...