The Startled Princess

By Bellaaa_

[PRINCESS HOURS FAN FICTION] "So you're saying that my grandfather and Prince Seth's grandfather arranged our... More

♕ Chapter 1
♕ Chapter 2
♕ Chapter 3
♕ Chapter 4
♕ Chapter 5
♕ Chapter 6
♕ Chapter 7
♕ Chapter 8
♕ Chapter 9
♕ Chapter 10
♕ Chapter 11
♕ Chapter 12
♕ Chapter 13
♕ Chapter 14
♕ Chapter 15
♕ Chapter 17
♕ Chapter 18
♕ Chapter 19
♕ Chapter 20
♕ Chapter 21
♕ Chapter 22
♕ Chapter 23
♕ Chapter 24
♕ Chapter 25
♕ Chapter 26
♕ Chapter 27
♕ Chapter 28
♕ Chapter 29
♕ Chapter 30
♕ EPILOGUE

♕ Chapter 16

91.7K 1.8K 207
By Bellaaa_

        "Morning!" Rose chirped when she visited Seth in the Royal Kitchen. After the incident in Hawaii, Rose decided that she should make friends with him even though he'll ignore her. She was curious why Seth was in the kitchen so early in the morning."What are you doing here?" she asked curiously while watching Seth trying every meals.

        Seth didn't reply her as he was busy inspecting the meals. Rose turned her eyes to Mr Jameson who was standing beside him. He bowed down. "Prince Seth is inspecting the King's breakfast. It's a tradition for a son to examined his father breakfast before it is eaten. As a symbol of respect and love to the elders," he explained. Rose nodded and looked at Seth who was trying everything. 

          "You've been doing this every morning?" Rose asked. She always woke up late so she didn't know what was happening every morning. Mr Jameson nodded. "Since he was 9 years old," he told her. Rose was taken aback and was suprise that someone would actually do this every morning. She beamed on him who was sipping the onion soup. Rose thought that it was amazing for someone to do that every morning since ten years ago. 

        Rose and Seth had breakfast with their family that morning. She tried to be polite as she could and be careful not to spill anything. "Tonight you'll be going to the gala in the National Museum, isn't it?" King Edward asked as he finished his breakfast. Seth nodded. "Yes, father," he replied. "Very well then," King Edward said.

        "I've chosen the best dress for you, Princess Rose," Queen Carla said, looking at Rose who was muching her bread. Rose gasped and swallowed everything. "Thanks," she said before she realised that it was wrong to said that. "Er-I'm sorry. Thank you, my Lady" she drawled and bowed her head.

        Princess Meredith giggled. "It's alright, Princess," she said. Rose gave her an innocent smile and glanced Queen Carla. She was shaking her head and dissapointed that she hadn't become a real princess. 

~~

        "Wow, you look beautiful, Princess," Daphne, Rose's servant said in awe. Rose giggled and looked down shyly. Alexa nodded excitedly and agreed with her. Rose was wearing a one-shoulder dark red evening dress and her hair had been straighten. Her bedroom door cracked open and Seth walked into it. "Are you done?" he asked boredly. Rose turned herself facing him and his heart skipped a beat. 

           Seth is dazzled and he stared on her, up and down. Now, he realised why he did try to kiss her that night. She is gorgeous. "Seth?" Rose awaken him from his dream. Alexa and Daphne giggled when they realised that Seth was mesmerized by her beauty. They were proud as they're the one who helped her get dressed. Seth shook his head and he was back to reality. "Come on or we'll be late," he said and went out from the bedroom.

            Rose followed him from behind before her maids called for her, "Princess!" Rose turned herself towards them. "Good luck!" they said and showed her their thumbs. Rose laughed. "Thank you," she mumbled before walking out from her bedroom.

          The gala was held in the National Museum of Andorra. Rose and Seth were invited to do the the honors and cut the ribbon. Rose is thrilled as she had never done this before. All this time, she only watched the celebrity or important people to do the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Together, Rose and Seth cut the ribbon and officiated the gala.

      "Sire,since this is your first official reception since the royal wedding, you have to spare some time with the news photographers," a bodyguard whispered through Seth's ear. He nodded and leaned down to Rose who was standing beside him. "The press wanted to take our photos so smile properly and don't do any stupid pose," he muttered. Rose frowned and looked at him. "Did I ever do that?" she asked sarcastically. "Always," Seth nodded. 

       The photographers started to crowd infront of them and took their photos. Seth put his hand behind her back and smiled. Rose raised a hand and waved like a princess. Suddenly, someone threw an egg at Seth and it hit right onto his face. "Oh my god," Rose gasped and tried to block the eggs from hitting him. "Stop it!" Rose shouted as the egging hadn't stop. She looked up at Seth and could tell that he is stunned.

          The bodyguards started to panicking and the photographers took Prince Seth's photos who just been egged. "Protect the Prince and Princess," a bodyguard shouted and all the bodyguard surrounded them. They escorted them back into the limo and send them as fast as they could back to the palace.

~~

           "How could you let this happen!" King Edward raved at Mr Jameson and threw the newspaper onto the table. Everyone in the world was talking about last night incident where eggs were thrown at Prince Seth. He was very furious as this was a great disrespect to the Royal Family. Mr Jameson bowed down. "I'm deeply sorry, your Highness, but the accident is unexpected. We're trying our best to catch the culprit behind this," he said apologitecally.

        "How could the bodyguards let someone threw eggs at the prince infront of the whole nation?" he asked angrily. "Why is the royal security such a mess?" he stomped the table. Mr Jameson looked down. "My Lord, the security was a little loose because of the number of bodyguards had been reduced to three. It's Prince Seth's order," he explained. "The president himself is involving in this case. I'm sure the culprit will be caught soon enough,"        

          "You must, Mr Jameson. This is very serious and a huge disrespect to the Royal Family," King Edward said angrily. Mr Jameson nodded. "Yes, Sire,"

~~

         Princess Meredith put down the newspaper after she had read about the news of Prince Seth. She sighed and turned her eyes to Queen Carla who was sitting beside her. "Is it true that Princess Rose used her hands to block the eggs from hitting Seth?" she mused.

          Queen Carla nodded. "Yes, your Highness," she said before shaking her head. "I couldn't believe that someone would actually did this. That person must be caught," she said angrily. 

          Princess Meredith nodded and agreed with her. "Yes, Carla. This is very serious but it's more important for you to make sure that Seth's doing alright. The ambassador party is coming so its important for him to calm himself,"

"Yes,mother. I'll make sure of that," Queen Carla replied, bowing her head.

~~

       Rose sighed. She couldn't believe on what happened last night. It was really unexpected and she was suprise that someone would actually did that to him. Yes, he was arrogant and snobbish but he didn't deserve to be treated like that. Plus, Seth was always kind to his people so why would someone threw eggs at him?

        "Are you okay?" Alex asked as he saw that Rose was looking down. He came to visit them this morning when he heard about last night accident. He wanted to make sure that everyone's alright. Rose looked at him through his eyelashes. "I couldn't erase the look on his face, Alex.." she drawled. "He wasn't angry but I don't know..." her words trailed off. She could still recall his expression when the first egg hit his face.

            "Do you know how proud Seth is?" Alex started. Rose looked at him, interested to hear his story. "Growing up as the Crown Prince, no one had ever dare to scold him, not even once. So, when something like this happened, he would surely be shock. He'll be fine, I'm sure," Alex said, convincing Rose.

        Rose sighed. She stood up to her feet. "I'm going to check on him. I want to make sure that he's okay," she decided. But then Alex grabbed her hand. "Don't," he stopped her and pulled her back onto the bench. "If I were you, I would leave him alone, let him rest," he said. Alex looked down. "Well, I tried to go to him just now but I was turn down. He didn't want to see anybody,"

          "Really?" Rose asked worriedly. She couldn't imagine what Seth was going through right now. She was even more worried about him now. "And.." Alex continued. Rose looked into his eyes. "And?" she repeated. Alex gazed into her eyes and hesistated to spit out the word. But he gotta do something to stop Rose from visiting Seth. He just couldn't bear to see that happen. 

         He coughed. "Seth would be happy if Jessica visited him, not... you" he spit out. He knew that it would hurt her feelings but he was actually saving her. Alex wouldn't want to see Seth kicking her out from his room. Rose looked down and realised that what he said was true. Her heart clenched and she felt like crying.

         Still, looking down, she croaked, "Still, I don't care what he felt for me. I just wanted to make sure that he's alright and I don't care if he'll kick me out or scold me if I visit him," her eyes started to fill in with tears. The moment she said that a weird sensation burst out from her heart, something she never felt it before this. It was like....

           "But I care," Alex said firmly and took her hand. "I don't want you to get hurt, Rose. I don't," he looked down. Rose was puzzle and slowly, she pulled her hands out from his. Alex saw that Rose was getting uncomfortable as she pulled her hands away from his. He chuckled. "I know that you're lonely, don't you? I just want you to be happy," he said, smiling.

    "Thanks," Rose said slowly.

          Seth sneaked out from his bedroom and saw no one was outside. He felt weird as Rose hadn't visit him yet. Deep inside him, he wanted her to be with him now. He missed her cheerfulness and laugh. Seth walked to her bedroom and slowly opened the door. "Simpleton?" he called but no one replied. If Rose was in her bedroom, she would surely shout back so she wasn't in there.

             He closed back the door and wondered where she'd gone too. Maybe she got princess lesson so Seth motioned towards the garden. He stunned as he saw Rose and Alex, sitting on the bench and was very close to each other. An odd sensation slowly raised his blood pressure and increased his heart beating. He wanted to go there and pulled Rose away from him but realised that he was no one to her.

          Rose stood up to her feet. "I'm going to check on Seth. I can't just sit here no matter how much he hates me, I'm still his wife. At least, I have to be by his side when he's having his hard time," she croaked. Alex looked away, dissapointed that Rose was still going to see him. She crawled into their building and headed towards Seth's bedroom. 

         "Where do you think you're going?" Seth called her when he saw that she was heading into his bedroom. Rose turned herself and saw Seth standing behind her. It looked like he just came out from her bedroom. "I thought you're in your bedroom," she asked, puzzled.

         Seth motioned closer towards her but he didn't say anything. All he did was staring on her. Rose played with her fingers. "Are you okay? I'm so worried about you," she asked, full of concern. Seth let out small laugh. "Of course I'm okay. A few eggs wouldn't kill me," he replied. Rose nodded and was happy that he's alright. "I was shock at first. You know, no one had ever actually did anything mean to me. Not even once," he continued. "Except you,"

           Rose sulked and clearly, he's alright. Seth then looked down but he was still smilling. "I hoped that you'd come to see me. I was really hoping for that," he drawled. Rose looked at his blue eyes that were shining. "I know that I'll feel better if I watch you acting like a simpleton and cheerful," he smiled. Rose looked down, feeling guilty. If she knew that Seth needed her, she would have come earlier.

         Seth stroked the side of her cheek and smiled. "But I'm supposed that you're too busy flirting with Alex, didn't you? I understand, he's way better than me," he said, almost inaudible. Rose looked sharply at him. "What are you talking about?" she said bewildered. Seth held her shoulder before inched away from there, leaving her behind.

          Tears was trailing heavily from her eyes. Guilt, hate, love, care, everything was mixed together in heart. She turned herself facing him and ran towards him. Unexpectedly, she hugged him from behind. "I'm sorry," she croaked. She didn't know why she felt so guilty to him because she wasn't by his side during his hard time. She hugged him tightly, showing that she did care about him more than anyone.

            Seth held her hands and let her hug him for some moments. That odd sensation that he felt during that night in Hawaii came back haunting his heart. The sensation that he couldn't explain but he loved it. Slowy, he pulled her arms away from his body and turned himself facing her. He saw that she was crying and he laughed. "I can't believe you feel that guilty," he smiled and wiped a tear off her face. 

         Rose sobbed and pretended like she wasn't crying. "I'm not," she lied. "Your shirt, its so dirty so my eyes got red because of the dust,". Seth laughed. "Really? Then why'd you hug me from behind?" he said, sarcastically.

   Too bad for Rose, she didn't have any answer to explain why'd she acted that way.

~~

      Princess Christina took off her shades as she took a seat on a chair, inside the coffee shop. She  looked at the man who was sitting infront of her and smiled. "Hello, Martin," she greeteed him and looked around the shop to make sure that no one would recognise her.

      "Princess Christina," the middle-aged man that has dark curly brown hair, fair skinned, blue eyes and slightly paunchy, greeted her back. Christina smiled as the waiter poured her some coffee. When the waiter left them, she looked into his eyes. "Good job. Now the prince would know who's he messing with," she said proudly.

      "Thank you, my Lady," he said, bowing his head. "The castle is panicking now, after the attack. The security have been doubled and there's been news that Prince Seth was still in shock,"

          Christina smiled as she sipped her coffee. "Just like I wanted. Let the prince realise that he isn't suit to be Andorra's king," she sneered and lowered her cup. "Though, I heard that the president himself is investigating this case. So, make sure that everything's clear. I don't want problems, Martin," she narrowed her eyes.

          "Not to worry, Princess. I've make sure that everything's going to be fine and our plans will work successfully," Martin grinned.

______________________________________________

Poor Seth :(

Vote!!

Comment! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 8.3K 94
Zenande is a young ambitious woman who is dedicated to making her childhood dreams a reality and she is prepared to face and conquer each and every o...
38.3K 1.9K 28
╰┈➤✮ 𝐴𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑣 × 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑘𝑎 ❝𝑯𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒌𝒂❞ *:・゚✧...
35K 3.9K 21
Slow Update.. In a hope to get him she forcibly married him with a contract of five years. She thought she would get his love one day. But alas his h...