Heat In The City (Raging Infe...

By RonnaSweeney51317

The third installment in the Ruling Chicago series. Published Dec 11, 2017 More

Prologue is up
Prologue
Chapter 1 "Strange Things & Forgery"
Chapter 3 "Angel Tree & A Christmas Present"
Chapter 4 "Played Your Cards Right"
Chapter 5 "Follow Your Heart"
Chapter 6 "It's Perfect"
Chapter 7 "Rubber Cement Glue"
Chapter 8 "Great Chicago Fire"
Chapter 9 "Screaming"
Chapter 10 "Nut Case"
Authors Note
Chapter 11 "Magical Hugs"
Author Announcement
Chapter 12 "Dark Place"
Chapter 13 "A Detective & A Firefighter"
Chapter 14 "Madness"
Chapter 15 "Texas Sheet Cake"
Chapter 16 "Havoc At A Strip Club"
Chapter 17 "Public Enemy Number One"
Chapter 18 "Be My Date"
Chapter 19 "Back To Life"
Chapter 20 "Over To The FBI"
Chapter 21 "Fire From Her Wrath"
Chapter 22 "Had In LA, Stays In LA"
Chapter 23 "Haven't Changed"
Chapter 24 "Under The Circumstances"
Chapter 25 "2018? It Was Just 2010"
Chapter 26 "Job Comes First"
Chapter 27 "Only Memories"
Chapter 28 "Wait For Me"
Chapter 29 "Masked Ball"
New Series

Chapter 2 "O-M-G"

875 18 1
By RonnaSweeney51317

Over the next few days, Shaylynn has been keeping herself busy with work and looking for a house for herself.
Condo living is alright, but she prefers not to share walls with other people. She lived in close quarters while in the military and swore she wouldn't do that again after she left.
It just so happens her real estate agent has found her a gem, something she's always wanted, but very hard to come by in or around Chicago.

She gets off work early so she can meet her real estate agent.
When she pulls up in front of the house, she gets excited.
Her agent is standing out front. He turns around, sees her, and waves.
Shaylynn gets out of her SUV and walks up to him, "What do you think?" he asks her. 

"I love it! You did well! I've always wanted to own a Victorian home. Now, what's the deal with the price? It sounds too good to be true!" she tells him.
"The husband just accepted a job out in California and they are very motivated to sell!" her agent says, "Ready to go inside?"
"Let's go!" Shaylynn says.
Over the next thirty minutes, they tour the house and talk about writing up an offer.
After an hour, Shaylynn owns a house.
Sitting in her car at the real estate agency, she pulls out her phone...

At District 21, Halstead pulls out his phone.....

Shaylynn: I now own a home! :)

Halstead: Congratulations! We need to celebrate! Molly's at 8?

Shaylynn: Sounds good! See you there!

Halstead smiles and puts his phone back into his pocket. Antonio watches Halstead smile and knows why.

Returning back to Mary's condo, Shaylynn gets some work done since she left early.
After a while, she gets something to eat, then takes a shower to get ready to head to Molly's.
She pulls something out from her closet. 

After she's done fixing her hair and makeup it's time to leave to make it on time.

Walking into Molly's she notices that it looks like a party is going on. She looks behind the bar and sees Dawson.
Shaylynn walks over to her, "Sorry, I didn't realize you guys were having a party! I'll leave!"
"Nonsense! This party is for all first responders!" Dawson tells her.
Shaylynn gives Dawson a look, "But I'm not a first responder!"
"If it wasn't for you and the others who serve/served in the military, we wouldn't be doing what we do! Now go have a seat!" Dawson tells her with a smile.
Shaylynn looks at Dawson weird, "Okay!" then smiles at her as she walks off to the table in the back.
Ten minutes later, Molly's really starts to fill up. Shaylynn can see through the crowd Halstead walking in. He sees her and walks over, kissing her before he sits down.
Her and Halstead have seen each other a couple of times since that night at Molly's when they walked outside together.
"So you finally found a Victorian home. I bet you're happy about that!" Halstead says to her.
"Oh yeah! It's beautiful! Some of it is going to need some work to restore some rooms, but other then that, I love it!" she tells him.
Shaylynn pulls out her phone and finds her gallery.
"Here's a few pictures of the inside I was able to get," she says. 

Halstead looks at the pictures, "At least the kitchen is done. That's a big expense you don't have to worry about."
"Yeah. The previous owners just got done re-doing the kitchen and the two rooms and banister in the next picture when he was offered a job out in California. The wife didn't want to be stuck here with two young children while her husband was out there. So they took a loss on the house to hurry and move" Shaylynn tells him.
Shaylynn takes her phone and puts it back in her bag. When she looks up, she sees Severide walk in with a woman. They walk over to the bar and sit down.
Dawson walks over to their table with a beer for Halstead. She looks at Shaylynn and then looks to see what she's looking at.
Dawson looks back at Shaylynn, "That's the new girl in the Firehouse office. Her name's Moon. She's a real pain in the ass! She doesn't know how to run any of the equipment. Connie's ready to hang her from the rafters if she breaks one more thing!"
Moon gets up and heads back to the bathroom.
Shaylynn watches her pass by. Getting up, Shaylynn heads back to the bathroom also.
Walking in, Shaylynn starts fixing her hair as she waits for Moon to come out of a stall.
A few minutes later, she comes out and walks up to the mirror to fix her hair.
"I love your boots!" Moon tells Shaylynn.
"Thanks! I see you came in with a fine man!" Shaylynn says.
Moon smiles, "Isn't he! And O-M-G is he something in bed!" she says grinning from ear to ear.
Shaylynn grabs on to the sink before she grabs the back of Moon's head and smashes her face into the mirror.
"I better get back out there to him before someone snatches him up!" Moon says walking out of the bathroom.
Shaylynn can feel her blood boiling, "He didn't waste any time, did he?" she says to her reflection.
She walks out to the table, "I'm leaving!" she tells Halstead grabbing her bag.
Shaylynn doesn't waste any time and starts walking through Molly's. As she passes behind Severide, he smells her perfume.
He hurries and turns his head to see Shaylynn walking out. Going to stand up, Moon pulls him back down onto the bar stool.
"Where do you think you're going?" she asks him.
Severide then sees Halstead booking it out the door.
Halstead sees Shaylynn over by her SUV and runs over to her, "Shaylynn, are you okay?" he asks.
She quickly turns around and starts kissing him. He pushes open her coat a little and grabs her breasts, "I've wanted to do this again after the first time in front of Pokey!" he tells her.
"Let's go back to your place!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Are you sure?" Halstead asks her.
"Yes!" she tells him, kissing him again.
"Let's go!" Halstead says smiling, "I'll meet you there!"
Halstead runs over to his truck as Shaylynn gets into her SUV.

They meet up at Halstead's place.
Not being able to contain themselves, they kiss the entire time as they enter his place.
They walk into the bedroom, Shaylynn takes off Halstead's shirt, then plops back onto the bed.
He looks at her, grabs her legs, and pulls her down to him. 

Shaylynn starts undoing his pants....

For most of the night, they have sex.

The next morning, Halstead is woken up by his alarm.
Halstead stands up and walks over to his dresser. He pulls a pair of underwear out of one drawer, then pulls out a pair of jeans out of another. Walking over to his closet he grabs a shirt.
As he's about ready to walk out of the room, "Hey!" he hears Shaylynn say.
He turns around and looks at her, "A repeat of last night tonight?" she asks him.
He winks at her.....

Halstead then puts on his shirt as he walks out of the room.
Shaylynn gets up and gets dressed. She figures she'll wait until she gets back to Mary's place to take a shower.

Walking out to her SUV, she takes her phone out of her bag and makes a call.
"Riverside Fertility Center, how may I help you?" a lady says.
"Dr. Smith. Tell him Shaylynn Severide's calling" Shaylynn says.
"One moment, please," the lady tells her.
Elevator music starts playing.
"Mrs. Severide, what can I do for you?" Dr. Smith asks.
"Please don't call me that, it's Shaylynn!" she tells the doctor.
"Okay! Shaylynn, what can I do for you?" he asks again.
"We need to talk!" she tells him as she gets in her SUV.

*~*~*~*~*~*

This will be the last chapter for a while.

I have to kick myself into gear!

The 25th keeps getting closer and closer and I'm getting more behind.

I hope you're enjoying Heat In The City.

I would love to hear your thoughts about it so far. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 726 40
The sequel to Fire Down Below (Matches & Gasoline) in the Ruling Chicago series. Published Sept 18, 2017
632 3 7
𝓜𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓶- 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓙. 𝓗𝓪𝓵𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝔁 𝓞𝓬
57.5K 931 32
Shelby found herself standing infront of Firehouse 51. She was running from her past, from her father, and from her ex. She came to Chicago to start...
25.3K 642 36
Two firefighters, happen to cross paths one-night. This is a love story between those two people, strong, courageous and hurt from damaged pasts...