Worlds Colliding (The Walking...

By katherinep97

All rights go to the creators of The Walking Dead and AMC, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Ar... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - What Lies Ahead
Chapter 2 - Bloodletting
Chapter 3 - Save the Last One
Chapter 4 - Cherokee Rose
Chapter 5 - Chupacabra
Chapter 7 - Pretty Much Dead Already
Chapter 8 - Nebraska
Chapter 9 - Triggerfinger
Chapter 10 - 18 Miles Out
Chapter 11 - Judge, Jury, Executioner
Chapter 12 - Better Angels
Chapter 13 - Beside the Dying Fire

Chapter 6 - Secrets

336 17 4
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

From 2.04 - Cherokee Rose: Outside Greene farm, Lori and Glenn were talking.

 Andrea: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Walking Dead)"

Lori handed Glenn a small paper. "There's one other item, I've written it down separately, it's personal, if we could be real discrete, okay?"

From 2.05 - Chupacabra: Outside Greene House, Glenn and Ariana kissed.

Lori: (voice over from 2.04 - Cherokee Rose) "And please, don't tell or show it to Ari."

From 2.04 - Cherokee Rose: In the fields, Lori held up the pregnancy test.

There was a plus sign.

Lori sobbed, knowing for sure that she was pregnant.

Glenn: (voice over from 2.05 - Chupacabra) "You're pregnant."

From 2.05 - Chupacabra: Outside Greene farm, Lori and Glenn were facing each other.

"You can't tell anybody, okay?" Lori asked.

From 2.05 - Chupacabra: On the roof of the RV, Andrea was keeping watch, seeing Daryl, who looked like a Walker, but she didn't knew it was him. "Walker!"

From 2.05 - Chupacabra: Outside Greene House, Tyler, Rick, Shane, T-Dog, Glenn and Damion were facing Daryl.

"Is that Daryl?" Glenn asked.

From 2.05 - Chupacabra: Outside Greene House, Andrea shot Daryl.

Daryl fall to the ground.

"No!" Rick called.

The men turned to the RV in shock.

Andrea's smile faded away, finally knowing it was Daryl she shot and not a Walker.

From 2.05 - Chupacabra: In Daryl's Guest Room, Sam kissed Daryl on the cheek.

Hallucination!Sam: (voice over from 2.05 - Chupacabra) "I need you."

From 2.05 - Chupacabra: In the dining room in Greene house, Damion, Beth, Jimmy, Glenn, Ariana, Sam, Tyler, Maggie, Allison and Carl were sitting together on one table.

Hershel, Patricia, Jenny, T-Dog, Shane, Lori, Rick, Dale, Andrea and Carol were sitting on another table.

Harley was eating from his bowl on the floor.

Maggie handed Tyler a note under the table.

Tyler took it, confused, opening it.

Tonight, where?

Tyler frowned, looking at Maggie.

Maggie smiled, raising an eyebrow.

From 2.05 - Chupacabra: In the kitchen, Allison, Jenny, Beth and Maggie were cleaning.

Maggie walked to the side, pulling out the note she and Tyler wrote to each other, opening it.

Ever done it in a hayloft?

Meggie's eyes grew wide in fear.

From 2.05 - Chupacabra: In the upstairs in the barn, Tyler was inside holding a flashlight. He pointed his flashlight down the hole, seeing Walkers there.

The Walkers looked up at Tyler, growling.

Tyler looked at the Walkers in shock, turning around, running to the ladder outside.

Maggie ran in front of him, stopping, breathing heavily. "You weren't supposed to see this."

Tyler looked at Maggie in disbelief.

°~•~°°~•~°°~•~°°~•~°

Day One

Day - Greene Farm

Lori, Sam and Carl were feeding the chicks.

Lori was sitting on a log.

Sam and Carl were standing.

Lori looked at Sam. "Honey, please sit down, okay? I don't want you to open your stitches."

Patricia was close by, inside a cage of the chickens behind them, holding two buckets.

"Mom, I'm fine," Sam told her, sighing. "Really. I can't sit around and do nothing."

"Well, you can sit on the log with me and feed the chicks, that's what I do," Lori told her.

Sam smiled a small smile, rolling her eyes.

"Don't look so worried," Carl told her.

"It's my job," Lori told him.

"No, it's not," Carl told her. "You're a housewife."

Sam giggled.

Lori smiled, throwing seeds on Carl. "Yeah, punk? You see my house around here?" Carl grinned. "A housewife."

Carl looked at the chicks. "They don't have a mother."

Sam shrugged, sitting next to Lori. "She might be somewhere else."

"Maybe she got eaten," Carl told them. Lori looked at him. Sam looked down. "Everything is food for something else."

Patricia grabbed the two buckets, walking out of the cage, closing the door.

°~•~°

Shed

Patricia walked into the shed with a chicken, looking in the hole at Sam, Lori and Carl, turning to the table, braking the chicken's legs, putting it in the sack.

°~•~°

Outside

Patricia rolled a wheelbarrow with chickens in the sack, toward the barn.

The horse, Nervous Nelly, was running back to the farm, running past Patricia.

Patricia walked away.

°~•~°

Barn

The Walkers were walking around in the barn, growling.

Patricia was upstairs, looking down at the Walkers in the hole, throwing the chickens out from the sack.

The chickens fall to the Walkers hole.

The Walkers heard them, running toward the chickens, eating them.

°~•~° °~•~° °~•~°

AMC Presents

A doorknob was moving.

Inside a dark house, the only lights that in was from the outside through the closed door.

Rick's photo was shown in a newspaper. Andrew Lincoln.

A grocery store showed to be abandoned, blood on the floor.

A picture of Shane Walsh in police uniform shown to be broken. Jon Bernthal.

A torn in half picture of Ariana Grimes was shown, smiling. Marie Avgeropoulos.

A picture of Lori Grimes was shown, smiling, broken, a few rocks were around it. Sarah Wayne Callies.

A RV was shown slowly.

On the road, a teddy bear was on the ground. Nina Dobrev.

A house was shown from the outside. Laurie Holden.

There was a quick look of the buildings of Atlanta. Matthew Daddario. Jeffrey DeMunn.

A quick look of the hospital of Atlanta. Kyle Ellison. Steven Yeun. Chandler Riggs.

Inside an abandoned building, the lights were flickering. Norman Reedus.

Outside of the King County Sheriff's Department. Executive producers, Robert Kirkman and David Alpert.

There was a quick look of the railroad tracks under bridge. Executive producer, Glen Mazzara.

There was a quick look at the road of Atlanta, the cars were abandoned. Executive producer, Gale Anne Hurd.

In an empty road, two crows were attacking a dead cat lying on the ground.

In the field. Executive producer, Frank Darabont.

There was a quick look at the outside of Atlanta. The entrance for the city is empty. The exit of the city is full. Developed by Frank Darabont. Based on the series of graphic novels by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard.

Worlds Colliding (The Walking Dead)

°~•~° °~•~° °~•~°

Greene Farm

Tyler was watching the barn with his arms crossed over his chest, glaring at it.

Maggie walked closer toward Tyler, holding a box. "Could you be more obvious?" Tyler looked at her, not answering, turning to face the barn. "Here, enjoy."

Maggie put down the box.

Tyler looked down at the box, looking at Maggie. "Are you trying to buy my silence with fruit?"

"Of course not," Maggie told him. "There's also jerky."

Tyler rolled his eyes, not amused. "Will you please tell me why your Dad has a secret barn full of walkers?"

"Shh," Maggie whispered. "Just trust me on this, okay?"

"So, you want me to keep it from my group?" Tyler asked.

"Yes," Maggie answered. "You can't tell no one about this. You have to keep this to yourself. You have to. Please."

Tyler didn't answer, looking away in annoyance, shaking his head.

Glenn walked closer. "Morning, guys."

"Morning, Glenn," Tyler told him. "Hey, can you give this box to the group?"

"Uh, yeah sure," Glenn told them.

"Thanks," Tyler told him, giving a look to Maggie, walking away.

Glenn and Maggie watched him go.

Glenn looked confused. "What's up with him?"

"Nothing," Maggie answered, walking away.

Glenn watched Maggie go. He looked confused. "What's up with her?"

°~•~°

Daryl's Tent

Daryl was lying on his camping bed, looking bored.

Andrea walked in. "Hey. This is not that great, but..."

Andrea handed Daryl a book.

Daryl took it, looking through the pages. "What, no pictures?"

Andrea smiled a small smile. "I'm so sorry. I feel like shit."

"Yeah, you and me both," Daryl told her.

"I don't expect you to forgive me, but if there's anything I can do..." Andrea trailed off.

"You were trying to protect the group," Daryl told her. "We're good." Andrea smiled a small smile, nodding, turning to walk out. "But hey, shoot me again, and you'd best pray I'm dead."

Andrea smiled, shaking her head, walking away.

°~•~°

Outside

Lori and Ariana were doing laundry.

Glenn was walking close by, holding the box with fruits from Maggie.

Ariana looked over at Glenn, thinking about the kiss they had, smiling a small smile, looking away.

Lori noticed the look, smiling a small smile. "Mmm."

"What?" Ariana asked.

"You seem happy," Lori noted. "What made that happen?"

Ariana looked down, smiling a small smile. "Nothing."

Lori nodded sarcastically. "Yeah, okay."

Lori and Ariana chuckled.

"I thought about what you said yesterday," Ariana told her.

"And..." Lori trailed off.

Ariana blushed. "Um..."

"And, now, you blushing," Lori told her, smiling.

"Shut up," Ariana told her. Lori chuckled. Ariana smiled a small smile, looking down. "We kissed."

Lori smiled. "So, you two are together?"

Ariana shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, we kissed, we confessed we like each other."

"That's good," Lori told her.

"Yeah, but..." Ariana trailed off.

"But, what?" Lori asked.

Ariana sighed. "I'm waiting. You know, for him to ask."

Lori nodded. "Now, I get it."

"Yeah," Ariana told her. She sighed. "I'll go see how's Sam."

Lori nodded.

Ariana walked away.

Glenn watched Ariana walking away, walking closer to Lori. "What did Rick say?" Lori didn't answered. "You didn't tell him? Okay. But you have to. You're pregnant. You need vitamins, medicine, a nice pillow." Glenn pulled out his bag jerky. "You can have my share."

"Honey, I don't want your food," Lori told him. "Okay?"

"You need to eat," Glenn told her. "You're too skinny. And if you're not gonna let Rick take care of you, then someone has to. Lori, you have a medical condition. I'll make another run into town. Just tell me what you need."

"I need you to be quiet about this," Lori told him. "All right? Please."

Glenn didn't answer, looking at Lori in concern.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Jimmy, Rick and Tyler were standing around the hood of a truck, looking at the map.

"The creek flows south, past that farmhouse Daryl found," Rick told them. "Maybe Sophia dropped the doll there, the current brought it downstream."

"You think she took this road here and then she went north?" Tyler asked.

Rick nodded. "Yeah."

Tyler looked at Jimmy. "What's up that way?"

"A housing development," Jimmy answered. "It went in, maybe 10 years ago."

Rick looked at Tyler. "Take a run up there. I'll hold down the fort here, but take backup. After what went down with Daryl, I don't want anyone going out alone." Tyler nodded. "We stay in pairs."

"Okay," Tyler told him.

Beth approached them with Patricia. "We'd like to join you for gun training today."

"Hershel's been very clear," Rick told them. "I can't involve any of you in what we do without his okay."

"He doesn't like it, but he consented," Beth told them.

Rick and Tyler exchanged a look.

"Otis was the only one who knew guns," Patricia told them. "Now that he's gone, we gotta learn to protect ourselves. Her father saw the sense in that."

"No offense, but I'll ask Hershel myself," Rick told them.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Carl and Allison were sitting by the shad.

"I want to learn to shoot too," Carl told her.

"Yeah, me too," Allison told him. "But my Dad won't let me."

"Well, maybe we could ask Shane?" Carl asked. "He could talk to our parents. They'll listen to him."

Allison shrugged. "I don't know about this."

Shane approached them. "Hey, guys." He kneeled in front of them. "What's up? What's with the faces?"

"We want to learn how to shoot," Allison told him.

"Can you teach us?" Carl asked.

Shane chuckled. "Well, man, that's... that's up to your guys' parents."

"But you can talk to them, right?" Carl asked.

"We'll see about it," Shane told them. "Okay?"

Allison and Carl nodded.

°~•~°

Greene House - Kitchen

Shane was talking with Jenny, Lori and Rick about Carl and Allison wanting to learn how to shoot.

"No way," Jenny told them.

"I agree with Jenny," Lori told them.

"They want to learn how to shoot," Shane told them. "They asked me to teach them. Now it's none of my business, but I'm happy to do it. It's your call."

"Allison is Hershel's kid, and I know he won't like that idea," Jenny told them.

Lori shook her head. "I'm not comfortable with it." Shane sighed quietly. Lori looked at Rick. "Rick?"

"I know," Rick told her. "I have my concerns too, but..."

"There's no but," Lori told him. "I don't want Carl or Allison walking around with a gun."

Jenny nodded in agreement.

"Sam's walking around with a gun," Shane pointed out. "So is Ari."

"They older than Carl and Allison," Jenny told him.

"There are guns in camp for a reason," Rick told them. "They should learn to handle them safely."

"They're not mature enough to handle guns," Lori told them.

Carl and Allison walked inside.

"We're not gonna play with them, Mom," Carl told her. "It's not a toy."

Lori and Jenny exchanged a look.

"Shane's the best instructor I know," Rick told them. "He taught Sam when she was younger than Carl and Allison."

Jenny sighed. "I'll talk with Hershel about this."

Rick nodded, looking at Lori.

Lori looked at Carl. "You will take this seriously and you will behave responsibly. And if I hear from anyone in this camp that you're not living up to our expectations..."

"He won't let you down," Rick told her.

Carl nodded. "Yeah."

Lori looked at Carl, walking closer, placing her hands on his cheeks, walking away.

°~•~°

Outside

Rick leaded Allison and Carl to the cars. "Now if you're gonna do this, you listen to Shane."

Allison nodded. "Okay."

"All right?" Rick asked. Carl and Allison nodded. "You be careful."

Shane looked at Tyler. "You coming, man?"

Tyler sighed, shaking his head. "Nah, I'll stay out of this, this time."

"Aw, come on," Damion told him. "How will Shane and I survive without you?"

Shane chuckled.

Tyler smirked. "I think you will. Good luck."

"Don't leave us alone," Damion told him.

Shane and Tyler chuckled.

"Come on," Shane told him, patting Damion on the back. "Let's go."

"Glenn?" Damion asked. "Coming?"

"I gotta help Dale clean the spark plugs on the RV," Glenn told them. "He said he's gonna teach me mechanics. I should probably go look for him."

Dale stood behind him. "You found me." He looked at Shane and Damion. "He's a good learner."

Damion sighed. "Fine."

Shane and Damion got into Shane's car.

The cars were driving away.

Tyler looked at Glenn, raising an eyebrow.

Dale walked closer. "Spark plugs, huh?" He looked between Glenn and Tyler. "Want to tell me what's going on?"

Tyler shrugged. "Nothing to say for me." He looked at Glenn. "You?"

"Tyler," Dale told him.

Glenn sighed. "What if somebody told you something that somebody else should know..."

"Glenn, stop being dramatic," Dale told him. "Spit it out. Both of you."

Tyler and Glenn spoke together, 'There's walkers in the barn.' 'Lori's pregnant.'

Dale looked between Tyler and Glenn in shock.

Tyler and Glenn looked at each other in shock.

Tyler looked at Dale. "Well, shit."

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Patricia, Jimmy, Andrea and Beth were in gun practice, shooting targets.

Shane and Damion were walking behind them, watching them.

T-Dog was standing next to Jimmy.

Jimmy was holding his gun sideways, shooting.

T-Dog gave him a look. "Hey, come on, man. Don't give me that gangsta shit."

Beth looked at the can in front of her, sighing.

Damion stood next to her. "Don't be discouraged. You'll hit the target eventually." He pulled out his gun. "Try this one. It's heavy. You get better balance, twice the rounds."

Beth hesitated, taking the gun, pointing to the can in front of her, shooting it, hitting the can, smiling.

Shane patted Damion on the shoulder. "I'd say she's got the hang of it."

Damion chuckled. "How's it feeling?"

Shane walked away.

"Not bad," Beth answered.

Damion smirked.

Shane stood next to Andrea.

Andrea looked at him. "So you decided not to leave us. Something change your mind?"

Andrea walked toward her target.

Shane looked down, looking toward Allison and the Grimes' family.

Rick was kneeling between Allison and Carl.

Allison and Carl shot their targets, smiling.

"Got it," Allison told them.

"That's a great shot," Rick told them.

°~•~°

Greene Farm

Hershel was standing next to Nervous Nelly, patting her.

Dale was standing behind him. "Nervous Nelly? She find her way home?"

Dale walked closer.

"Found her in her stall this morning," Hershel told him.

"I love your fields," Dale told him. "Took a long walk this morning. I ended up by the barn. I heard the moans."

"That's unfortunate," Hershel told him.

"I'm sure you have your reasons for keeping this a secret," Dale told him.

"I saw the broadcasts before they stopped, saw the irrational fear, the atrocities, like the incident at my well," Hershel told him.

"We put down a walker," Dale told him.

Hershel looked at him. "You killed a person."

"Well, if you watched the same broadcasts I did, you saw walkers attack, kill," Dale told him. "They're dangerous."

"A paranoid schizophrenic is dangerous, too," Hershel told him. "We don't shoot sick people."

"With all due respect, you are cut off from the outside world here," Dale told him. "But I've seen people that I cared about die and come back, and they're not people."

"My wife and stepson are in that barn," Hershel told him. "Jenny's husband is there as well. They're people."

"I'm sorry," Dale told him. "Let me help. I'll speak to Rick. He's a good man. We can make the barn more secure, keep everybody safe."

"The barn is secure," Hershel told him. "Keep this to yourself if you want to help. Rick is a man of conscience, but are you so sure about everyone in your group?"

Dale didn't answer.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Tyler walked toward a car.

Maggie followed him. "Hey, you."

Tyler sighed. "Oh, come on." He turned to Maggie. "What?"

"Where you heading off?" Maggie asked.

"Going to look for Sophia," Tyler answered. "Why?"

"Thought I could join you," Maggie told him.

"You thought wrong," Tyler told her. "I'm gonna take Glenn with me. You should stay here."

Maggie crossed her arms over her chest. "Is that an order?"

Tyler shrugged one shoulder. "Yeah."

Glenn walked closer. "Hey." He looked between Maggie and Tyler, noticing the tension between them. "Uh... are you guys cool?"

"Yeah," Tyler answered. "Let's go, Glenn."

Tyler opened the driver door, getting inside, closing the door.

Glenn walked to the passenger door, opening it, getting inside, closing the door.

Tyler started the engines, driving away.

Maggie rolled her eyes in annoyance, walking away.

°~•~°

Tyler's Car

Glenn looked at Tyler in confusion.

Tyler felt Glenn's eyes on him, not looking at him. "Don't ask."

°~•~°

Field

Hershel was repairing a fence.

Lori walked closer. "'Afternoon."

Hershel looked at her. "Allison just told me she and your boy did well."

Lori smiled a small smile, chuckling. "Not bad, actually." They heard chuckling, looking to see Allison and Carl playing together with Harley. "The kids seems to have a lot of fun together."

Hershel didn't seem happy about it. "Yes. It's seems like it." He see Ariana and Sam talking. "Your girl seem be doing better."

Lori smiled. "Yes, she is." She looked at Hershel. "And I'm eternally grateful for what you did and your hospitality. We'll earn our keep."

"I appreciate that," Hershel told her. "But with Samantha getting better, I imagine you'll be moving on soon." Lori looked confused. "Fort Benning, I hear."

Hershel continued fixing the fence.

Lori looked at him for a moment, walking away slowly.

°~•~°

Woods

Andrea was trying to shot a swinging log, stopping.

Shane walked closer to the log to examine it. "Still a virgin."

"The target's too small," Andrea complained.

"Come on, that's crap," Shane told her. "Half-hour ago I saw you nail a bull's-eye at 25'."

"It wasn't moving," Andrea told him.

"You think a walker's gonna hold still for you?" Shane asked. "Focus and reload, go again." He swing the log, walking to stand by Andrea's side. Andrea tried to shot it again. "Uh-oh, did I piss you off? Come on, girl, you've got walkers all around you. They're the woods. They're in the RV. Tyler isn't going to be there to save your life all the time."

Andrea glared at him. "Stop badgering me."

"You're too damn emotional," Shane told her. "You need to shut it down. Take all that guilt, take that fear, that being pissed off, take it out."

"Right, 'cause you're so calm," Andrea told him sarcastically.

Shane quickly pulled out his gun, shooting the log. "See that? See, I can be pissed off. I could be whistling 'Dixie' and I'll always hit the target. But you, God, you shoot like a damn girl." Andrea glared at him. "You stand here and you point your weapon. Point like you point your finger. Do not think about it. I'm talking about muscle memory, girl... Muscle memory." He shot the log again. "Now go on, shoot that son of a bitch." Andrea tried to shot the log again, and again, and again. "He's coming for you! He's 10' away! He's 9'... He's 5' away! Right there, that's the walker that got Amy. Now you shoot that son of a bitch! Shoot him!"

Andrea looked at Shane, hurt and angry, turning around, walking away.

Shane watched her leave, walking away to the other direction.

°~•~°

Greene Farm - Camp - Daryl's Tent

Daryl was still lying on his camping bed, reading the book Andrea gave him.

Sam walked in. "Hey." Daryl looked at her. "Um, I was just seeing how you're doing."

Daryl looked at the book. "I'm fine."

Sam looked down. "What happened?"

"Horse got spooked by a snake," Daryl told her, shrugging. "Threw me off and one of my arrows stabbed me in the side. Killed two walkers that came out and tried to attack me."

"Do you need anything?" Sam asked.

"Nah, I'm good," Daryl answered. Harley walked in, whining, lying next to Daryl's side. "Thanks anyway."

Sam nodded slowly, patting her dog once. She looked at Daryl. "I'll see you later, then."

Daryl nodded.

Sam walked out of the tent.

Daryl sighed quietly, looking down at Harley to see he was looking at him. "What are you looking at?"

Harley tilted his head, placing his head on his paws.

Daryl scoffed, sighing.

°~•~°

Outside

Rick was placing guns in the bag.

Lori walked closer, looking around. Her voice was in a whisper. "Hershel expects us to leave?" Rick stopped, not answering, looking at her. "Does anybody else know?"

"Not yet," Rick answered.

"Were you gonna tell me?" Lori asked.

"Of course," Rick told her.

"When?" Lori asked. "How long have you known?"

"Not long, you don't need to worry about this," Rick told her.

"How can you expect me not to worry?" Lori asked. "We have shelter here and food and water and medical care."

"I've been talking with Hershel," Rick told her. "It's not carved in stone."

"He thinks it is," Lori told him. "We have to fix this. People are settling in here. They'll be devastated."

"I know, I'm working on it," Rick told her.

"Maybe I can talk to him too, and plead our case," Lori told him.

"No, things are uneasy," Rick told her. "The best thing right now is to give Hershel some space." Lori stared at him. "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" Lori asked.

"Like you're scared," Rick told her. "Like you don't trust me. I can take it from everyone else, but not from you."

"I don't understand how you could keep something like this from me," Lori told him. "Sam's barely on her feet. And Sophia's missing. And Daryl and T-Dog are hurt. How can we leave?"

"It's not what I want either, but if we have to go, I'll do whatever it takes to make sure you, Ari, Sammy and Carl are okay," Rick told her. "We'll get by. We will."

"Okay," Lori told him.

Rick looked back at the guns.

°~•~°

The Side of The Woods

Andrea was walking back to the farm.

Shane was driving in his car. "Come on, let me give you a lift."

"My feet work just fine," Andrea told him, walking away quicker.

Shane sighed in annoyance, stopping the car, getting out. "Look, I'm just trying to get you rattled, give you an idea what it's like when the shit starts to fly."

"Is that an apology?" Andrea asked.

Shane took off his hat. "I crossed the line when I brought Amy into it. Yeah, it's an apology."

"You're a real dick sometimes," Andrea told him.

Shane nodded. "Yeah, I acknowledge that."

°~•~°°~•~°

Greene Farm - Camp

Dale was frying some meat, putting it on Carol's plate after he was done.

Carol walked away, past Lori.

Lori covered her nose with her hair, walking to the side, sitting on a rock, breathing heavily.

Dale watched Lori, putting the pan down, walking toward her. He stood next to her. "My wife was pregnant once." Lori looked at him in shook. "She miscarried and we didn't try again after that."

"I'm so sorry," Lori told him.

Dale smiled a small smile. "The thing that I remember most is how nauseated she became at the smell of cooking meat. And she was a meat-eating gal... my wife, but with the pregnancy... that Thanksgiving, the turkey..." They chuckled. "She couldn't be in the house for two days until it was aired out, poor thing."

"Glenn told you?" Lori asked.

"What did you expect?" Dale asked. "The boy has no guile."

"I haven't told Rick," Lori told him. "I can't."

Dale kneeled beside her. "Because of Shane?"

Lori looked shocked. "Was it that obvious?"

Dale shook his head. "No, no, I don't think anyone knew. I didn't, not for sure."

Lori had tears in her eyes. "I thought my husband was dead. And I felt like I died with him. And I... I wanted to feel something... anything. And now I hate myself for it."

"And the baby?" Dale asked.

"It's Rick's," Lori told him. "None of the rest of it matters."

Dale smiled a soft small smile. "Then what's your concern?"

"Memories are what keep me going now," Lori told him. "Memories of what life used to be. And I... I've got a deep well to draw on. I still remember joy. But this baby... The baby won't have any good memories at all, only fear and pain."

"You can't think like that," Dale told her. "We can still find joy and we can still take strength from each other."

"Do you really think this baby has a chance, that it could grow up and live a happy life?" Lori asked. "Look me in the eye and tell me that my baby will grow up to be your age and die happy. Tell me. Tell me you believe that."

Dale stared at her, not answering.

Lori nodded, standing up, walking away.

Dale watched her go sadly.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Glenn and Tyler were back.

Lori walked toward them. "Hi."

"Hey, Lori," Tyler told her. "How are you?"

Lori nodded. "I'm fine, thank you. Glenn told you, too?"

"Yep," Tyler answered.

"I'm sorry," Glenn told her. "I'm... It just came out. And it was Dale and Tyler."

Lori shook her head. "It's okay. I never should have put you in that position. Uh, I've been thinking about what you said about needing help. And you're right that I do."

Glenn exchanged a look with Tyler, looking at Lori. "Name it. Yeah."

"I know you two just got back from looking for Sophia, but if you two still willing to make a run into town for me..." Lori trailed off.

Tyler shrugged. "Sure."

Glenn nodded.

Lori looked at them in relief, thankful. "Thank you."

"It's okay," Glenn told her. "It's not a big deal really."

°~•~°

Later

Tyler was getting ready to leave with Glenn.

Maggie walked toward him. "Ready to go?"

Tyler looked at her in confusion. "What?"

"Glenn asked me if I can go with you to a run," Maggie told him. Tyler looked away in annoyance. "Is that a problem?"

Tyler sighed, not answering.

°~•~°

Town

Tyler and Maggie were riding on two horses.

"You didn't have to come," Tyler told her. "You could hate me from a distance. Say something. Maggie, I--"

"I asked for your trust, and you betrayed it," Maggie told him. "Now my Dad's pissed at me. Your turn."

Tyler sighed quietly in annoyance. "So, your Dad thinks they're sick? You agree with that? Even after what you saw at the well?"

"I'm not sure what I saw at the well," Maggie told him.

Tyler scoffed. "Yes, you are." They got off the horses. "Look, if you'd seen Atlanta, you would not have a barn full of walkers."

"I wish you'd stop calling them that," Maggie told him.

Tyler looked away, rolling his eyes. "What do you call them, huh?"

"Mom," Maggie answered. "Shawn. Mr. and Mrs. Fischer. Lacey. Duncan. Michael."

Maggie walked inside the local pharmacy.

Tyler watched her go, sighing.

°~•~°

Local Pharmacy - Inside

Tyler and Maggie were inside.

"What does she want?" Maggie asked.

"Can't say," Tyler answered, pulling out a paper.

Maggie scoffed, turning to face him. "So when one of them asks you to keep your mouth shut--"

Tyler glared at her, holding up the paper. "Will you get out my butt and help me look, please."

Maggie took the paper, reading it. She looked at Tyler, turning around, walking away. "You've got to be kidding me."

Tyler glared after her, rolling his eyes, turning away.

Maggie went behind the desk, walking between the medicines shelves.

Tyler was walking around some shelves, looking annoyed.

Maggie was still looking in the medicines shelves, grabbing a pill, looking at it. A Walker's hand grabbed her from the other side. Maggie screamed. "No! No! No! Tyler!"

Tyler looked over. "Maggie!"

"Tyler, help me!" Maggie told him, straggling to get away from the Walker. "Help!"

Tyler dropped his bag, running toward them. He jumped over the desk, reaching for his knife. He tackled the Walker to the ground, away from Maggie. He stabbed the Walker in the head with the knife, breathing heavily.

Maggie sobbed.

Tyler stood up, looking at Maggie, placing his hands on her arms. "Did it get you? Did it bite you?"

Maggie shook her head, wrapping her arms around Tyler, crying.

Tyler sighed in relief, wrapping his arms around her.

°~•~°

Greene House - Kitchen

Jenny was in the kitchen, looking at the pictures on the refrigerator, staring sadly at her father's photo.

Hershel walked inside. "Jenny?"

Jenny looked over at him. "Mmm?"

"Where's your mother?" Hershel asked.

"Uh... I think she's in her room," Jenny answered. "Why?"

"I have a talk with her," Hershel answered. He grabbed a glass. "Would you like a drink?"

"No, thanks," Jenny told him. "Rick and his group getting comfortable here."

"Seem like it," Hershel agreed.

"You don't seem like you okay with that," Jenny told him.

"I'm not," Hershel agreed. "We were fine before they came."

Jenny tilted her head. "Hershel." Hershel took a sip of water, putting it on the table, looking at her. "What's really wrong with them been here?"

"I don't like it that Maggie is getting close to this Tyler kid," Hershel told her. "Even Beth seems to get close with that other kid."

"Damion?" Jenny asked. Hershel nodded. "So? Nothing is going on. All of them are becoming friends."

"Not Maggie and Tyler," Hershel told her, shaking his head. "They seem to get a bit..."

"Okay, but I still don't see what's the problem," Jenny told him. She sighed. "Don't be hard on Mag."

Hershel sighed.

°~•~°

Greene Farm - Camp

Lori was folding clothes.

Sam walked closer. "Hey, Mom."

"Hey," Lori told her. "I thought you were getting some sleep."

"Not so tired," Sam answered. "Talked with Ari for a while then, thought to come and see if you need some help." Lori smiled. Sam grabbed a shirt. "So, did you told Dad? About the baby."

"No, not yet," Lori answered. "You didn't tell your Aunt and brother right?"

"No," Sam answered. "Thought you should be the one to tell them."

Maggie walked closer, looking angrily at Lori. "Hey! We got your stuff."

Tyler walked behind her. "Maggie, stop!"

Lori nodded to the Grimes' tent. "Come on in here."

"Why?" Maggie asked. "Nothing to hide." Sam looked at her in confusion. "We got your special delivery right here." Maggie reached into the bag of medication. "We got your lotion, got your conditioner, your Soap Opera Digest."

Meggie threw all of them on the ground.

"Maggie..." Lori trailed off.

"Next time you want something, get it your damn self," Maggie told her. "We're not your errand boys."

"Honey, I--" Lori started.

Maggie showed the abortion pills into Lori's chest. "And here's your abortion pills."

Maggie walked past Tyler, walking away.

Tyler looked at Lori sadly. "I'm really sorry."

Tyler walked away, following Maggie.

Sam looked at the abortion pills in shock.

Lori looked at her daughter. "Sammy." Sam backed away, shaking her head. "Baby, I--"

"No," Sam told her. "You want to kill the baby?"

"Sammy, please," Lori told her.

Sam shook her head, walking away.

Lori watched her go in sadness, putting a hand on her mouth, tears in her eyes.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Maggie and Tyler were near Otis' grave.

"That was not cool," Tyler told her.

"Which part?" Maggie asked. "The part where that bitch almost got us killed?"

"Don't call her like that," Tyler told her. "You shouldn't have spoke like that in front of her kid. I should've gone alone. If you want to blame anybody, blame me. I agreed for you to come."

"Right, take the blame," Maggie told him. "You know, for a smart guy, you're really stupid."

Tyler looked at her in confusion. "Okay, look, I don't know what, but I'm kinda confused. I'm not sure whether you're mad at me, or not--"

Maggie walked closer to Tyler, placing her hands on his cheeks, kissing him on the lips. Tyler was shocked, quickly kissing her back. They pulled away, looking at each other.

"I've already lost four of the people that I care about most in this world," Maggie told him. "You're smart. You're brave. You're a leader. And I just... I can't take it, you becoming one of those things."

Maggie turned around, walking away.

Tyler watched her go.

°~•~°

Grimes' Tent

Harley was lying on Carl's bed.

Lori was sitting on a small desk, looking at the abortion pills, brushing her hair.

Tyler walked closer, looking at her. "Is Sam okay?"

Lori sighed. "No. Not really. The blood on Maggie's shirt..."

"She was attacked," Tyler answered.

"Are you guys all right?" Lori asked. "How bad was it?"

"It was pretty close," Tyler answered. "But we're okay."

Lori sighed, shaking her head. "I'm so sorry. I should never have asked you to go. Glenn..."

"He didn't came with us," Tyler told her. "He asked Maggie to come with me."

Lori shook her head. "I thought the town was safe, but if you hadn't come back..."

"But we did," Tyler told her. He smirked. "I always do." Lori had tears in her eyes, smiling a small smile. "The morning-after pills... Will they even work?"

"I don't know," Lori answered. "And I don't know if I want them to."

Tyler put a white bag on the desk. "I got these too, just in case."

Lori opened the bag, pulling out a pill bottle. She smiled a small smile. "Prenatal vitamins. That's a hell of a choice."

Tyler nodded. "I'm glad it's not mine. Lori, we're friends, aren't we?"

"Of course," Lori answered.

"I can't tell you what to do," Tyler told her. "I could never tell you something like that. But your choice... Maybe you shouldn't make it alone." He placed a hand on her shoulder. "If you need anything else, let me know."

Lori smiled a small smile. "Thank you."

Tyler nodded, walking out of the tent, walking away.

Lori looked at the pill bottle, considering what Tyler said.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Damion was fixing a car.

Beth walked closer. "Damion, hey."

"Hey," Damion told her. "What's up?"

"I was just, uh, you know, thinking about the gun training thing," Beth told him, looking a bit nervous. "Can you work on it with me more?"

"Uh..." Damion trailed off, shrugging. "Sure. Yeah."

Beth nodded. "Okay. Not now. You're busy." Damion nodded. Jimmy was watching them. "Maybe tomorrow, if you can."

"Sure," Damion told her.

Jimmy walked closer. "I'll like to do that, too."

Damion and Beth looked at him.

"The gun training?" Damion asked.

"Yeah," Jimmy answered. "If you okay help with that with Beth, you can with me, too."

Beth looked at him in confusion.

Damion shrugged. "Okay. Just, uh, you two have to tell Hershel."

Beth smiled a small smile. "Okay. I'll see you later."

Damion nodded. "Mmm." He turned back to fix the car. Beth started to walk away. Jimmy watched her go, looking at Damion. Damion looked at him. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Jimmy answered. "Fine."

Jimmy walked away.

Damion wiped a sweat, watching him go.

Shane walked closer. "That was not a pretty look."

"Mmm?" Damion hummed.

Shane leaned against the hood of the car. "That kid, what's his name?"

"Jimmy," Damion answered.

"Yeah, he had a pretty nasty look when you were talking with Beth," Shane told him. "Looks like he doesn't like it that his girl having a date with someone else."

Damion scoffed. "Date? Come on, man. What's wrong with Beth and me been friends?"

Shane smirked. "You're not innocent, D." Dale was walking close by, listening. "If she wants you, take that."

Damion shook his head, sighing.

Dale walked closer to them. "Hey, Shane, can we have a word?"

"Uh, yeah," Shane answered.

Shane and Dale walked away.

Damion watched them go, turning to the car.

°~•~°

Grimes' Tent

Lori was still in the tent, sobbing.

Harley was lying on Carl's bed, getting up, whining, standing in front of Lori. He went closer, licking her face, trying to stop her from crying.

Lori chuckled, wiping away her tears. She petted Harley. "Oh, Harley. What should I do?" Harley barked once, wiggling his tail. Lori placed her head on Harley. "What should I do?" Harley grabbed one of the pill packet with his teeth, throwing it to the side, barking once. Lori looked from the packet to Harley, petting him. "No?" Harley barked once, lying on Lori's lap. Lori petted him. "I can't." She wiped her tears away again. "I can't."

Harley licked Lori's hand, whining. 

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Shane and Dale walked together.

"So, what's up?" Shane asked.

"I was thinking, you've got that nice new ride of yours, plenty of fuel, more than enough for you to get far from here," Dale told him.

They stopped walking.

Shane looked at him in shock. "What, you telling me to leave?"

"I know you've been planning to," Dale told him. "Maybe now is a good time."

Shane scoffed. "Is this about what I told Damion? Just gave him a tip."

"Some tip," Dale told him. "I'm looking out for the group."

"You think the group would be better off without me, Dale?" Shane asked. "Why don't you tell that to Ari, Rick and Lori? Their girl would be dead if I hadn't put my ass on the line."

"And Otis's," Dale told him. Shane looked away. "You've been vague about that night, about what happened."

"Otis died a hero," Shane told him.

"So you've said," Dale told him.

"Sammy lived because of what went down that night," Shane told him. "I think you ought to show some gratitude."

"I wasn't there," Dale told him.

"No, man, you weren't," Shane told him.

"But I was the time that you raised your gun on Rick," Dale told him. "You had him in your sights and you held him there." Shane sighed. Dale glared at him. "I know what kind of man you are."

Shane glared back at him. "You think I'd shoot Rick? That is my best friend. That's the man that I love. I love him like he's my a brother. You think that's the kind of man I am?"

Dale nodded. "That's right."

"Well, maybe we ought to just think that through," Shane told him. "Say I'm the kind of man who'd gun down his own best friend. What do you think I'd do to some guy that I don't even like when he starts throwing accusations my way? What do you think?"

Shane smirked bitterly, scoffing, walking away.

Dale watched him go, disturbed. He glared after him.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Rick and Ariana were walking toward Grimes tent.

"Have you seen Carl?" Rick asked.

"I think he's with Alison," Ariana answered. She smirked. "They getting along."

"I don't like that smirk, Ari," Rick told her. Ariana chuckled. "Get it off."

°~•~°

Grimes Tent

Rick and Ariana walked in.

Lori and Harley weren't there anymore.

Ariana sat on her bed, lying down with a sigh. "What a day." Rick scoffed, putting his gun belt on the chair. He saw the pill packet on the desk, grabbing them. Ariana nothing them. "What is it?"

Sam walked in, stopping. "Dad?"

Rick looked at Sam. "What are these doing here?"

Sam hesitated. "Mom's pregnant." Ariana looked at her in shock. "She was going to tell you two and Carl, but... I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but Mom asked me not--"

"It's okay, baby," Rick told her. "It's okay." He kissed her forehead. "I need to talk to her, so you and your Aunt stay here, okay?"

Sam nodded.

Rick walked out of the tent.

°~•~°

Field

Lori was sitting on the ground, staring ahead.

Harley was with her, lying protectively next to her, looking around.

Rick walked closer.

Lori stood up, looking at him.

Harley got up, whining, wiggling his tail.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" Rick asked.

"We can't leave," Lori told him. "I'm pregnant."

"Are you?" Rick asked, showing the pill packet.

"I didn't take them," Lori told him. Rick looked around. "You can yell if you want. You can scream if you have to, but talk to me."

Rick walked closer, standing in front of her. "How long have you known?"

Harley growled, standing in front of Lori protectively.

"Does it matter?" Lori asked.

"Days?" Rick asked. "Weeks? And you didn't tell me?"

"I'm telling you now," Lori told him.

"No," Rick told her. As his voice was rising, Harley barked once, growling. "Down boy." Harley looked at Lori, standing protectively in front of her. "I found these. So Glenn knows, right? Tyler? Instead of going to me, you sent them to get pills? And Sam? She told me and Ari that you were pregnant." Lori had tears in her eyes. "She knows and you told her not to say anything?"

"I panicked," Lori told him. "You tell me we have no roof and no walls..."

"Do not put this on me!" Rick told her. Harley barked, growling. Rick looked from the dog to Lori, staring at her. Lori petted Harley, making the dog relax. "You tear into me for keeping secrets when you're holding onto this?"

"You want me to bring a baby into this?" Lori asked. "To live a short, cruel life?"

"How can you think like that?" Rick asked.

"We can't even protect the daughter and son we already have," Lori told him.

"So this is the solution?" Rick asked, throwing the packet on the ground.

"Rick, I didn't took them," Lori told him. "I screwed up." Her voice broke. "I don't know how we do this."

Rick slowly calmed down.

Lori sobbed.

Harley licked her hand, whining.

"We can make it work," Rick told her.

"How?" Lori asked. "Tell me how."

"We'll figure it out," Rick told her. "Shouldn't we try to figure it out? You didn't took the pills. You want this baby. I know you do."

"Not like this," Lori told him. "Not giving birth in a ditch. Not when its life will hang by a thread from the second it's born. Not when every cry will put it, and Sam, and Carl, and Ari, and everyone we care about, in danger. That's not right."

"Not even giving it a chance isn't right either," Rick told her.

"Maybe this is why I didn't want to tell you," Lori told him.

"I still... I still don't understand why," Rick told her. "You really think I'd make you have a baby you don't want?"

Lori shook her head. "No, so that if I went through with it, it would be on my conscience and not yours."

"Maybe that's true, but I can't live like this anymore, Lori," Rick told her. "We can't live like this. Is there anything else I should know about?"

Lori hesitated, staring at him. "Shane and I..."

Rick nodded, looking away. "I know. Of course, I know." Lori stared at him in sadness, tears in her eyes. Rick stared at the ground for a moment, looking at her. "You thought I was dead. The world went to shit, and you thought I was dead. Right?"

Lori nodded. "Yeah."

Rick looked away, nodding. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

705K 23.2K 48
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ง๐˜ถ...
887 70 5
A dedication for those who are just different, it's a never ending nostalgia. ยกrick grimes x oc twd fanfic!
22.3K 158 24
Hiii! I try to update atleast twice a week! -warning- Smut! Very strong language! More! โˆ˜โ หšโ หณโ ยฐHighest ranksโˆ˜โ หšโ หณโ ยฐ โ€ข 1st in #Espinosa โ€ข 1st in #Da...
227K 5.4K 72
What happens when your dad's best friend. Who you've known your whole life. Suddenly becomes the man you wana be with? Emma Grimes is about to find o...