Worlds Colliding (The Walking...

By katherinep97

All rights go to the creators of The Walking Dead and AMC, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Ar... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - What Lies Ahead
Chapter 3 - Save the Last One
Chapter 4 - Cherokee Rose
Chapter 5 - Chupacabra
Chapter 6 - Secrets
Chapter 7 - Pretty Much Dead Already
Chapter 8 - Nebraska
Chapter 9 - Triggerfinger
Chapter 10 - 18 Miles Out
Chapter 11 - Judge, Jury, Executioner
Chapter 12 - Better Angels
Chapter 13 - Beside the Dying Fire

Chapter 2 - Bloodletting

606 21 2
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: On the highway, Dale was looking through binoculars, seeing a herd of Walkers.

Rick: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Walking Dead)"

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: On the highway, Rick looked at Sam, Carl and Sophia. "Kids, get down now."

Sam grabbed Carl's hand, lowering him under a car with her.

Sophia was crawling under a car in front of them.

Rick rolled under a car beside Sam and Carl.

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: On the highway, T-Dog cut his arm on a broken car frame, artery cut, his arm started spilling huge amounts of blood, rendering him almost completely helpless.

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: On the highway, after the herd was gone, Sophia slowly started to crawl out.

A Walker saw her, growling.

Sophia crawled back, crying.

The Walker kneeled down, looking at Sophia, crawling after her.

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: In the woods, Sam stood in front of Sophia, putting her hand on her mouth. "Shh, shh." Sam pulled Sophia away. "Come on."

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: In the woods, Sam put Sophia near a hole on the water. "Hide in there. I'll draw them away from you."

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: In the woods, Sam and Daryl were on the water, looking to where Sophia was hiding.

Tyler, Glenn, Shane and Rick close to them on the hill.

"She was gone by the time we got here," Rick told them.

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: On the highway, Carol looked at Sam, who was standing between Glenn and Ariana. "How could you just leave her out there to begin with?"

Sam looked upset.

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: On the highway, Sam was sitting on the ground, her back against a car.

Harley was lying next to her.

Daryl looked away. "It's ain't your fault."

Daryl looked at Sam.

"Yeah it is," Sam told him quietly. Daryl sighed, sitting next to her. "I should have told her to stay right in that hole."

"You didn't knew if you'll make it back," Daryl told her.

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: On the highway, Andrea was arguing with Dale. "I chose to stay."

"I saved your life," Dale told her.

"I'm not your little girl and I'm sure as hell not your problem," Andrea told him.

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: In the woods, Shane, Ariana, Rick, Sam and Carl were walking.

From 2.01 - What Lies Ahead: In the woods, the deer was staring at Carl and Sam.

Carl stared at the deer, smiling.

Sam looked down at Carl, smiling, looking back toward the deer, her smile faded, moving Carl away. "Carl--"

They heard a gunshot.

A bullet went through the deer and into Sam.

The deer, Sam and Carl fall down to the ground.

Carl sat up.

"Oh no," Rick said. "No. No, no, no, no!"

Rick, Ariana and Shane ran toward Sam and Carl.

Carl quickly moved to Sam's side.

Sam had her eyes closed, blood on her stomach.

Rick and Ariana kneeled at Sam's side.

Shane had his rifle pointed around, looking for who shot Sam and the deer.

°~•~°°~•~°°~•~°°~•~°

Flashback 

Day - King County Elementary School

Women were waiting outside, talking.

Sam was sitting on a bench, leaning forward, seem deep in thoughts.

Her friend, Macy was sitting next to her, looking toward Sam, tilting her head. "What's that face?"

Sam blinked, looking at Macy. "Mmm?"

"Your face," Macy told her. "What's up?"

Sam sighed, rolling her eyes. "My parents again."

"No way," Macy told her, sighing. "What happened now?"

"They had a huge fight this morning," Sam told her. "Mom started that."

Macy tilted her head. "About what?"

Sam got off the bench, turning to face Macy. "She told him that she thinks Dad doesn't care for us."

Macy raised an eyebrow. "Ouch."

"Yeah," Sam told her, nodding. "I mean, what the hell? She didn't saw me and Carl standing there, hearing that? I won't be surprised if Carl didn't pay any attention at his school today because of her."

"She didn't mean to," Macy told her. "I'm sure your parents will talk today after your Dad will come back home, and--and they will fix things out between them."

Sam placed a hand on her hip, scoffing. "Dad will try. She won't. At least he giving a chance to fix things. She's been... a bitch."

They heard a police sirens.

Shane and Rick's police car was driving over.

Sam looked like she thought something happened.

Macy looked from the car to Sam. "You okay?"

"Y--Yeah," Sam told her. "I'll see you later."

Sam walked toward the cars.

Shane parked the car, getting out.

Lam and Leon got out from their police car behind Shane's.

Shane walked toward Sam. "Sammy--"

"Where's my Dad?" Sam asked.

Shane sighed, clearly looking guilty. "We'll talk about this back home, let's just wait for Carl to come out of school, okay?"

"Shane," Sam told him. "You--you coming here without Dad, and--and I know something is wrong by the look of your face, you can't do this to me. Tell me." Shane stared at Sam for a second. "Is he..."

"He's in surgery," Shane told her.

They heard the school bell ringing.

"What happened?" Sam asked.

Shane hesitated. "There was a radio call that said that there was two suspects in a car, but there was a third man. Somebody screwed up. I screwed up. I ju--I did not see him in time--" Sam looked away, tears in her eyes, shaking her head. Shane placed his hand on her shoulder. "Sam, it's my fault. Your father is a fighter, okay? He will be okay. You'll see."

They saw Carl walking out of school, waving at Sam and Shane

Sam and Shane forced a small smile, waving back at him.

Sam shook her head, looking toward Shane. "What do I say?"

"You don't have to tell him anything yet," Shane told her. "I didn't tell Lori and Ari yet, I was going to after I'll get you and Carl home. Let me talk to your mother and Aunt first, they'll tell him."

Sam hesitated, nodding.

Carl walked toward them.

°~•~° °~•~° °~•~°

AMC Presents

A doorknob was moving.

Inside a dark house, the only lights that in was from the outside through the closed door.

Rick's photo was shown in a newspaper. Andrew Lincoln.

A grocery store showed to be abandoned, blood on the floor.

A picture of Shane Walsh in police uniform shown to be broken. Jon Bernthal.

A torn in half picture of Ariana Grimes was shown, smiling. Marie Avgeropoulos.

A picture of Lori Grimes was shown, smiling, broken, a few rocks were around it. Sarah Wayne Callies.

A RV was shown slowly.

On the road, a teddy bear was on the ground. Nina Dobrev.

A house was shown from the outside. Laurie Holden.

There was a quick look of the buildings of Atlanta. Matthew Daddario. Jeffrey DeMunn.

A quick look of the hospital of Atlanta. Kyle Ellison. Steven Yeun. Chandler Riggs.

Inside an abandoned building, the lights were flickering. Norman Reedus.

Outside of the King County Sheriff's Department. Executive producers, Robert Kirkman and David Alpert.

There was a quick look of the railroad tracks under bridge. Executive producer, Glen Mazzara.

There was a quick look at the road of Atlanta, the cars were abandoned. Executive producer, Gale Anne Hurd.

In an empty road, two crows were attacking a dead cat lying on the ground.

In the field. Executive producer, Frank Darabont.

There was a quick look at the outside of Atlanta. The entrance for the city is empty. The exit of the city is full. Developed by Frank Darabont. Based on the series of graphic novels by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard.

Worlds Colliding (The Walking Dead)

°~•~° °~•~° °~•~°

Now

Day One

Day - Fields

Rick held unconscious Sam in his arms, running in the fields, breathing heavily, tears falling from his eyes.

Shane, Carl, Ariana and an overweight man, Otis, followed behind him.

Shane looked at Otis angrily. "Hey, you move, dickhead! Come on, get us there!"

Rick stopped, turning to Otis. "How far? How far?"

"Another half mile, that way," Otis answered. Rick turned around, running. Ariana and Carl followed. "Hershel, talk to Hershel, he'll help your girl." Shane grabbed Otis' arm, pulling him forward. Otis fall to his knees, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry."

"Let's go," Shane told him, helping him stand. "Come on."

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Rick, Ariana and Carl were running, carrying Sam.

Rick looked down at Sam in his arms. "Stay with us, baby. Stay with us."

Carl panted, pointing forward. "Dad."

Rick looked from Sam to where Carl was pointing, seeing a house near.

They continued to ran.

°~•~°

Greene House - Porch

Maggie Greene, Allison Greene and Jenny West were sitting on the porch.

Allison looked toward Rick, Ariana and Carl, noticing Rick was holding Sam in his arms. "Mag?"

Maggie and Jenny looked toward them, standing up.

Maggie looked through binoculars, turning to Allison. "Get Dad."

Allison ran into the house. "Daddy."

Rick, Ariana and Carl reached to the house, panting.

Hershel stepped out of the house, followed by Beth, Patricia, Allison and Jimmy. He looked toward Sam. "Was she bit?"

Rick shook his head. "Shot, by your man."

Hershel, Maggie, Allison, Jenny, Patricia, Beth and Jimmy walked down the steps.

"Otis?" Patricia asked.

"What?" Jenny asked.

"He said find Hershel," Rick told them, looking toward Hershel. "Is that you?" Hershel nodded. "Help me--help my girl."

"Get her inside," Hershel told him, leading to the house.

°~•~°

Inside

Everyone walked into the house.

"Patricia, I need my full kit," Hershel told her. "Maggie?"

"Yeah?" Maggie asked.

"Painkillers, coagulates--grab everything," Hershel told her. "Jenny, clean towels, sheets, alcohol."

Maggie, Patricia and Jenny quickly walked away.

°~•~°

Bedroom

Hershel moved the sheets of the bed. "In here." Rick put Sam on the bed. "Pillowcase."

Allison was standing with Carl and Ariana at the door.

"Is--is she alive?" Rick asked.

"Pillowcase, quick," Hershel told him, pulling Sam's shirt up.

Rick moved around Hershel, grabbing one of the pillows. "Is--is she alive?"

Maggie, Patricia, Beth and Jenny moved into the room.

"Fold it," Hershel told him. "Make a pad." Rick put the pillowcase on Sam's wound. "Put pressure on the wound." Patricia handed Hershel the stethoscope. Hershel put it in his ears, listening for Sam's heartbeat. "I've got a heartbeat, it's faint."

Patricia moved Rick slightly. "I got it, step back."

Hershel pulled the stethoscope out of his ears. "Maggie, IV."

Jenny looked at Rick. "We need some space."

"Your name?" Hershel asked.

Rick stared at Sam. "R--Rick."

"Rick?" Hershel asked.

"I'm--I'm--I'm Rick," Rick told them.

"Rick, we're gonna do everything we can, okay?" Hershel asked. "You need to give us some room." Rick looked from Hershel to Sam. "Now."

"Rick," Ariana told him, pulling him toward Carl and Allison.

"Ali, go," Maggie told her.

Allison hesitated, grabbing Carl's arm, pulling him with her out of the room.

Ariana and Rick walked out of the room.

°~•~°

Hallway

Rick, Ariana, Carl and Allison looked at the closed bedroom door.

Carl started to cry.

Ariana wrapped her arm around Carl, pulling him closer to her, tears in her eyes.

Rick stared at the door, breathing heavily, his eyes were red from crying.

They heard Shane's voice. "Move!"

They looked to the window, seeing Shane and Otis running toward the house.

°~•~°

Outside

Shane and Otis went to the porch.

Rick walked outside, taking off his hat.

"She's alive?" Otis asked. "She's still alive?"

Rick didn't answer, wiping his forehead with his hand, Sam's blood on his hand and forehead.

Shane stepped closer to Rick, pulling a rag from the bag on his shoulder. "Okay." He wiped Rick's forehead. "It's okay. You got blood, man." Shane wiped Rick's hands. Rick took the rag from Shane, cleaning his bloody hands. "Where is she? Is she okay?"

Rick didn't answer, turning around, walking into the house.

Shane and Otis followed.

°~•~°

Bedroom

Rick, Shane and Otis walked into the room.

"You know her blood type?" Hershel asked.

"A-positive," Rick answered. "S--same as mine."

"That's fortunate," Hershel told him. "Don't wander far, I'm gonna need you." He looked at Otis. "What happened?"

"I was tracking a buck," Otis answered. "Bullet went through it. Went clean through."

"The deer slowed the bullet down, which certainly saved her life, but it did not go through clean," Hershel told them. "It broke up into pieces." Otis walked around toward Jenny and Patricia, staring at Sam in guilt. "If I can get the bullet fragments out... And I'm countin' six."

Otis looked at his wife and daughter. "I never saw her. Not until she was on the ground."

Rick had tears in his eyes, looking toward Ariana and Shane. "Lori doesn't know."

"No," Shane told him.

"My wife doesn't--my wife doesn't know," Rick told them.

Ariana wrapped her arms around her brother, tears in her eyes.

Rick started to cry.

Shane wrapped his arms around Ariana and Rick.

°~•~°

Woods

Daryl was still leading the group back to the highway.

Lori stopped, turning around, looking forward.

Andrea stopped, turning to Lori. "You still worrying about it?"

Everyone stopped.

"It was a gunshot," Lori told them.

"We all heard it," Tyler told her.

Lori turned to them. "Why one? Why just one gunshot?"

Daryl shrugged. "Maybe they took down a walker."

"Please don't patronize me," Lori told him. "You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one walker, or Ari or Shane. They'd do it quietly."

"Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" Carol asked.

"There's nothing we can do about it, anyway," Daryl told them. "Can't run around these woods chasing echoes."

"So, what do we do?" Lori asked.

"Same as we've been," Daryl told them. "Beat the bush for Sophia, work our way back to the highway."

Andrea looked at Lori. "I'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the RV." Lori looked behind her, slowly walking toward Glenn, Tyler and Daryl. Andrea looked at Carol. "I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel."

"I suppose you do, thank you," Carol told her. She looked at the others. "The thought of her, out here by herself... It's the not knowing that's killin' me. I just keep hopin' and prayin' she doesn't wind up like Amy." Andrea looked down, upset. Carol looked at her. "Oh, God. That's the worst thing I ever said."

Andrea shook her head, forcing a small smile. "We're all hoping and praying with you, for what it's worth."

"I'll tell ya what it's worth, not a damn thing," Daryl told them. "It's a waste of time, all this hopin' and prayin'. We're gonna locate that little girl. She's gonna be just fine. Am I the only one zen around here? Good lord."

They continued to walk to the highway.

°~•~°

Highway

Harley was lying on the ground, looking toward the woods, waiting.

T-Dog walked toward Damion and Dale, having a gauze bandage and some gaffer tape on his cut. "Shouldn't they be back by now?"

"It's still light," Dale told them. "Let's not worry, just yet."

Damion looked at T-Dog. "How are you feelin'?" T-Dog didn't answer, giving a small nod, turning away. "T?" T-Dog turned back to them. "I asked you how you were feeling just now. Don't blow that question off."

"It really, really hurts," T-Dog answered. "It's throbbing something awful."

Dale walked toward T-Dog, taking his arm. "Oh, let me see."

Dale pulled the bandage up slightly, putting it back down.

"Ah," T-Dog told him. "Don't--don't touch it."

"I'm sorry," Dale told him. Damion walked closer. T-Dog leaned against Daryl's motorcycle. "I'm sorry. Listen, your veins are very discolored. You got a hell of an infection there. You could die from blood poisoning."

T-Dog laughed. "Oh, man. Wouldn't that be the way? World gone to hell... The dead risen up to eat the living... And Theodore Douglas gets done in by a cut on his arm."

T-Dog laughed.

"Yeah, that would be stupid," Damion told them.

"I--I've been saying since yesterday, we gotta--we gotta get you some antibiotics," Dale told him. "We've been ransacking these cars the whole time. I can't believe that we have not found some ampicillin, or--or something in the--in the whole place. Can you?"

"Seems like there would be," T-Dog told them.

"Well, that's what I think," Dale told them.

Damion sighed. "Well... we haven't been thorough enough. So, let's look some more."

T-Dog looked at them, nodding slightly.

°~•~°

Car

T-Dog was looking into a car, looking around the front seats, finding a pack of cigarettes, grabbing it, pulling out one cigarette, putting it between his lips. He looked to the backseat, seeing a blood-covered, empty baby's car seat, shakingly, moving away from the car, closing the door.

°~•~°

The Farm - Greene House - Hallway

Rick was sitting with Ariana and Shane near the door. Carl was sitting at the other side. Rick looked down, speaking quietly to Ariana and Shane. "Why'd I let them come with us? I should've sent them with Lori."

Ariana shook her head. "Rick, don't."

"You know, you start that, you never get that monkey off your back," Shane told him.

"Little girl goes missing, you look for her," Rick told them. "Simple." He looked at Shane. "You said, 'call it, head back'."

"Doesn't matter what I said," Shane told them.

"Sam got shot," Rick told them. "It should be me in there."

Carl looked at them, tears in his eyes. "No." They looked at him. "It should have been me. This is my fault she's there. I should have gotten shot instead."

Rick shook his head, standing up, walking toward Carl, pulling him into his arms.

Carl wrapped his arms around Rick, crying.

"You've been there, partner, right?" Shane asked. "And you pulled through, so will she."

"Is that why I got outta that hospital?" Rick asked. "Found my family for it to end here, like this? This kind of sick joke?"

"Stop," Ariana told him. "Just stop."

"A little girl goes missing..." Rick trailed off. "You look for her, it's plain and simple."

The door opened.

Jenny looked out quickly. "Rick..."

°~•~°

Bedroom

Rick, Shane, Ariana and Carl walked inside.

"She needs blood," Jenny told them.

Hershel and Patricia were holding Sam down on the bed.

Sam was awake, crying in pain.

Hershel looked at Shane. "You, hold her down."

Shane quickly walked over, grabbing Sam's arms.

Sam was crying in pain. "Dad!"

Hershel was digging into Sam's stomach as she screamed. "Almost there."

Patricia took Rick's arm.

Sam screamed.

Ariana pulled Carl out of the room. "Carl, out."

"Stop, you're killin' her!" Rick told him.

"Rick, do you want her to live?" Hershel asked.

Sam cried in pain. "Stop."

Jenny looked at Rick. "She needs blood."

Shane looked at Rick. "Do it now!"

Patricia took Rick's arm again, putting the needle in.

Sam stopped crying, her eyes closed.

Shane looked worried. "Wait--wait, hey."

Rick looked over.

"She just passed out," Hershel told them, pulling a bullet fragment from the wound. "One down... five to go."

°~•~°°~•~°

Kitchen

Allison was sitting in the kitchen table, looking to the doorway of the kitchen down the hall, looking at Carl and Ariana.

°~•~°

Hallway

Maggie and Otis were sitting on the chairs.

Carl was staring at the closed door of the bedroom.

Ariana sighed sadly, turning Carl around, kneeling in front of him. "She's gonna be alright, little man, okay?"

"What if she's not?" Carl asked, tears in his eyes. "I can't lose her."

Maggie watched them sadly.

Otis looked down in guilt.

"You won't," Ariana told him. "None of us will."

Ariana pulled Carl into her arms.

Carl let the tears fall, wrapping his arms around his Aunt.

°~•~°

Bedroom

Sam had a bandage on her wound, still unconscious.

Rick was sitting in a chair on her side, transferring blood to Sam.

Hershel was checking for Sam's pressure. "Pressure's stable."

Patricia pulled out the needle from Sam's arm.

Rick looked at Shane. "Lori needs to be here. She doesn't even know what's goin' on. I got--I gotta go find her, bring her back."

"You can't do that," Hershel told him.

Patricia pulled out the needle from Rick's arm.

"She's her mother," Rick told him. "She needs to know what's happened. Her daughter's lying here, shot."

"And she's going to need more blood," Hershel told him, looking toward Shane. "He can't go more than 50 feet from this bed."

Shane nodded.

Patricia helped Rick stand.

Rick almost fell back.

Jenny stepped over, grabbing his arms to help him stand.

Shane walked forward. "Hey, hey. Come on."

"I'm all right," Rick told them. "I'm all right."

Rick walked to the door.

Shane looked at Patricia, Jenny and Hershel. "I got him."

Shane followed Rick.

°~•~°

Hallway

Ariana and Carl were sitting closer to the door.

The door opened.

Rick and Shane walked out.

Maggie and Otis were still sitting at the chairs in front of the door.

Shane looked at everyone. "She's stable, for now."

Everyone looked relief.

Rick sat next to Ariana. "Lori has to be here, she has to know."

Ariana wrapped her arm around Rick.

"Okay, I get that," Shane told him. "I'm gonna handle it... But you've gotta handle your end."

"My--my end?" Rick asked.

Ariana looked from Shane to her brother. "You need to be here."

Shane nodded. "Your end is being here, for your daughter. Even if she didn't need your blood to survive, there is no way I'd ever let you walk out that door. Man, I--I'd break your legs if you tried. I mean, you know that, right? If something happened to her and you weren't here... If--if she slipped away while you were gone, you would never forgive yourself for that, and neither would Lori, man."

Rick looked from Shane to Ariana and Carl, looking back at Shane. "You're right."

"When was I ever wrong?" Shane asked, letting a small chuckle.

Ariana looked toward the kitchen where Allison was, looking down at Carl. "Carl, why don't you go say hey to that girl in the kitchen? Go talk to her for a little while, okay?" Carl hesitated but nodded, getting off the chair, walking away. Ariana looked at her brother. "Rick." Rick looked at her. "You need to be strong. For Sam. For Carl. They both need that from you." Rick looked down. "He's scared. Just like you."

Rick nodded. "Yeah."

Shane patted Rick's back. "You just leave the rest to me, okay?"

"All right," Rick told him.

°~•~°

Kitchen

Allison was drinking a water from her glass.

Carl walked in. "Hey."

Allison looked at him, getting off her chair. "Hey."

"I'm Carl," Carl told her.

"I'm Allison," Allison told him. "But call me Ali." Carl smiled a small smile. Allison looked toward the hallway. "That girl in the room, is she your sister?"

Carl's smile faded, looking toward the hallway, nodding. "Yeah."

Allison looked at Carl. "She'll be okay. My Dad will help her."

Carl looked at Allison, smiling a little.

°~•~°

Hallway

The door opened.

Shane, Rick, Ariana, Maggie and Otis stood up.

Hershel, Jenny and Patricia walked out.

"She's out of danger for the moment, but I need to remove those remaining fragments," Hershel told them.

"How?" Rick asked. "You saw how she was."

"I know, and that was the shallowest one," Hershel told them. "I need to go deeper to get the others."

Shane sighed. "Oh, man."

"There's more," Hershel told them.

"What is it?" Ariana asked.

"Her belly's distended, her pressure's dropping, which means there's internal bleeding," Hershel told them. "A fragment must have nicked one of the blood vessels. I have to open her up, find the bleeder and stitch it. And she can't move while I'm in there. I mean, at all. If she reacts the same as before, I'll sever an artery and she'll be dead in minutes. To even try this, I have to put her under. But if I do, she won't be able to breathe on her own. Same bad results."

"What'll it take?" Rick asked.

Otis walked closer. "You need a respirator. What else?"

"The tube that goes with it, extra surgical supplies, drapes, sutures," Hershel answered.

"If you had all that, you could save her?" Rick asked.

"If I had all that, I could try," Hershel told them.

"Nearest hospital went up in flames a month ago," Otis told them.

"The high school," Jenny told them.

Hershel nodded. "That's what I was thinkin'. They set up a FEMA shelter there. They would have everything we need."

"Place was overrun last time I saw it," Otis told them. "You couldn't get near it."

Jenny shrugged. "Maybe it's better now."

Shane nodded. "I said, leave the rest to me. Is it too late to take that back?"

"I hate you goin' alone," Rick told him.

"I will go with him," Ariana told him.

"No," Shane told her. "No, I want you to stay here with your brother, and your niece and nephew." He looked at Hershel. "Doc, why don't you do me a list, draw me a map."

"You won't need a map," Otis told him. "I'll take you there. Ain't but five miles."

"Otis, no," Patricia told him.

"Dad--" Jenny started.

"Guys, we don't have time for guesswork and I'm responsible," Otis told them. "I ain't gonna sit here while this fella takes this on alone. I'll be all right."

"Are you sure about this?" Shane asked.

"Do you even know what any of the stuff he's talking about looks like?" Otis asked.

"Come to think, no," Shane told him.

"I've been a volunteer EMT," Otis told them. "I do. Now, we can talk about this 'till next Sunday, or we could just go do it real quick."

"I'll take right quick," Shane answered.

Rick looked at Otis. "I should thank you."

"Wait 'till that girl of yours is up and around, then we'll talk," Otis told him, looking at Shane. "I'll gather some things."

Otis turned around, walking away.

Maggie looked at Rick. "Where is she? Your wife?"

°~•~°

Woods

Everyone were looking around.

"We'll lose the light before too long," Daryl told them. "I think we should call it."

"Yeah," Tyler agreed. "Let's head back."

"We'll pick it up again tomorrow?" Carol asked.

Lori nodded. "Yeah, we'll find her tomorrow."

Daryl whistled quietly for them, turning around, leading the way.

Everyone followed.

°~•~°

The Farm - Greene House - Outside

Otis, Shane, Rick, Ariana, Jenny, Patricia and Hershel walked down the porch, toward Otis' blue truck.

Rick put his hand on Shane's shoulder. "Just get what you need and get out of there."

Shane and Otis put their bags on the back of the truck.

Otis hugged Patricia. "You stay strong, all right?" They pulled away. Otis hugged Jenny. "Look after your mother."

"Come back quick," Jenny told him.

Rick walked toward Otis and his family.

Otis and Jenny pulled away.

Rick held his gun for Otis.

Otis looked toward Hershel, looking down at Rick's gun, taking it. "That's a fine weapon, Rick. I'll bring it back in good shape."

Otis put the gun in his bag.

Shane patted the truck.

Otis pulled out his rifle, walking toward the driver side, looking at his wife and daughter, getting into the driver seat.

Shane got into the passenger seat.

°~•~°

Otis' Car

Otis and Shane put their rifles between them, looking at Otis' rifle.

"Only one I got," Otis told him.

Shane shook his head. "Man, this turned into one strange day."

Otis started the engines. "Didn't it, though?"

°~•~°

Outside

Otis drove away.

Patricia shook her head, turning around, walking toward the house.

Jenny sighed, following.

Hershel looked at Rick, patting his shoulder. "Let's check on your girl."

Hershel, Rick and Ariana walked toward the house.

°~•~°°~•~° 

Highway

T-Dog was sitting on a box, his back leaning against the back of the RV, smoking.

Dale walked toward him with a white bag. "Found some more batteries, a bottle of very trendy pink water and an excellent new machete."

Damion walked toward them with Harley by his side. "Look what I found." He held up a guitar. "I used to play some back then."

Dale sighed, sitting down on a gray bucket. "No drugs." He looked at T-Dog. "You?"

"Yeah, ibuprofen and these," T-Dog told them, showing the cigarette. Damion sighed. Harley sat down. "What are we doin'?"

"Pullin' supplies together," Dale answered.

"No, I mean..." T-Dog trailed off. "What are we doin'? People off in the woods, they looking for that poor girl and we're here. Why?"

Damion tilted his head. "You good, Dog?"

Harley looked up at Damion, tilting his head.

"I'm good," T-Dog told them, nodding slightly. "I'm good."

Damion looked at Dale, looking at T-Dog unconvinced, putting his hand on his forehead. "Bro, you're burnin' up."

Dale frowned, standing up, putting his hand on T-Dog's forehead. "Oh, my God. You are bornin' up. Give me that." He grabbed a bottle of some painkillers. "Come on. Here, take these." He gave T-Dog a few pills. "We've got to knock that fever down."

Dale handed T-Dog a bottle of water.

T-Dog took the bottle, drinking.

Damion sighed. "Where the hell are they?"

°~•~°

Woods

Daryl was leading.

"How much farther?" Lori asked.

"Not much," Daryl told them. "Maybe a hundred yards as the crow flies."

"Too bad we're not crows," Andrea told them, walking slightly away from the group, hitting a net. "Oh." She moved the net away from her, following the others, muttering. "As the crow flies, my ass."

A Walker appeared beside her from behind the trees, groaning.

Andrea looked over her shoulder, seeing the Walker, screaming.

Everyone stopped, looking around.

"Andrea?" Lori asked.

Everyone ran back toward Andrea.

The Walker tried to grab Andrea.

Andrea stubbed a knife into the Walker's chest, backing away, tripping, falling to the ground. "No! No! Oh, no!"

The Walker walked closer to her.

Everyone were running toward Andrea.

Maggie was riding toward Andrea and the Walker on a horse, hitting the Walker with a bat, making the Walker fall down, away from Andrea.

Andrea breathed heavily.

Everyone reached them.

Maggie stopped the horse. "Lori? Lori grimes?"

"I'm Lori," Lori told her.

"Rick sent me," Maggie told her. "You've got to come now."

"What?" Lori asked.

"There's been an accident," Maggie told them. "Sam's been shot. She's still alive but you've gotta come now." Lori stared at her in shock. "Rick needs you, just come."

Lori pulled her backpack off of her shoulders, moving toward Maggie.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Daryl told her. "We don't know this girl. You can't get on that horse."

Lori got up on the horse behind Maggie.

Maggie looked at Tyler. "Rick said you had others on the highway, that big traffic snarl?"

"Yeah," Tyler told her.

"Backtrack to Fairburn road," Maggie told him. "Two miles down is our farm. You'll see the mailbox, name's Greene."

Maggie turned the horse around, riding away with Lori.

The Walker slowly sat up, wheezing.

Daryl aimed his crossbow at the Walker. "Shut up."

Daryl shot an arrow at the Walker's head, killing it.

Tyler scoffed, moving toward Andrea.

°~•~°

Fields

Maggie and Lori were riding on the horse.

°~•~°

Highway

The group was already back.

"Shot?" Dale asked. "What do ya mean shot?"

Tyler shrugged. "I don't know, man. I wasn't there. This chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori."

Daryl started to walk past Dale.

Dale looked at Daryl. "You let her?"

"Climbed down out of my asshole, old man," Daryl told him. "Rick sent her. She knew Lori's name and Sam's."

Daryl walked away.

Harley whined.

Glenn petted the dog.

"I heard screams," Dale told them, looking at Andrea. "Was that you?"

Andrea walked toward the RV.

"She got attacked by a walker," Glenn told them. "It was a close call."

"Damn," Damion muttered.

"Andrea, are you all right?" Dale asked.

Andrea turned around, glaring at Dale, shaking her head, sighing, opening the RV door, getting on, slamming the door.

°~•~°

The Farm - Greene House - Porch

Allison was sitting on the chair.

Rick walked out.

Allison looked up at him, smiling a small smile.

Rick smiled at her, rubbing Allison's back.

Hershel walked out. "Ali, sweetheart, why don't you go check up on Beth?"

Allison nodded, standing up, walking into the house.

Rick looked around the farm. "This place is beautiful."

"Been in my family 160 years," Hershel told him.

"I can't believe how serene it is," Rick told him. "How untouched... You're lucky."

"We weren't completely unscathed," Hershel told him. "We lost friends, neighbors. The epidemic took my wife, my stepson."

"I'm sorry," Rick told him.

"My daughters were spared," Hershel told him. "I'm grateful to God for that. These people here, all we've got left is each other. Just hoping we can ride it out in peace till there's a cure."

"We were at the CDC..." Rick trailed off. "It's--it's gone now. There is no cure."

Hershel smiled a small smile. "I don't believe it. When AIDS came along, everyone panicked. One boy in town came down with it, and some parents pulled their children from school, so they didn't have to sit in the same room."

"This is a whole other thing," Rick told him.

"That's what we always say," Hershel told him. "'This one's different'."

"Well, this one is," Rick told him.

"Mankind's been fightin' plagues from the start," Hershel told him. "We get our behinds kicked for a while, then, we bounce back. It's nature correcting herself, restoring some balance."

"I wish I could believe that," Rick told him.

They heard a horse's footsteps running.

Hershel and Rick looked into the fields, seeing Maggie and Lori riding the horse toward them.

Rick walked around Hershel, walking down the steps, toward the horse, Maggie and Lori.

Lori hopped off the horse, tears in her eyes, crying, wrapping her arms around Rick.

Rick hugged her tightly.

Lori backed Rick away. "Where is she? Where is my baby?"

Rick and Lori ran toward the house.

°~•~°

Bedroom

Ariana and Rick lead Lori into Sam's room.

Carl was sitting next to Sam's bed, walking toward Lori, wrapping his arms around her, crying.

Lori had tears in her eyes, looking at Sam, hugging Carl back, almost falling from Rick and Ariana's arms.

Rick kissed Lori's head. "I'm sorry."

Carl moved away from Lori, sniffing, standing next to Ariana.

Lori moved from Rick and Ariana, walking toward the bed, sitting down on the bed, placing her hands gently on Sam's cheeks. "My baby. My baby girl. It's okay. Mama's here. Mama's here. You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay." Carl walked closer, wrapping his arms around Lori. Lori wrapped her arms around her son, looking at Sam, letting her tears fall. Rick walked closer, placing his hands on Lori's arms. "We're gonna make you okay."

°~•~°°~•~° 

Hershel and Patricia were in the room.

Hershel was checking up on Sam's pressure.

Rick was sitting on a chair, giving another blood transfusion.

Lori was sitting on the bed, in front of Rick.

Patrica was taking out the needle from Rick's arm.

Rick tried to get up, slowly sitting back down.

"Slow," Lori told him, helping him to sit. "Slow. How many transfusions?"

"Two," Rick answered. "Only two."

Lori looked toward Sam, smiling a small smile. "You know, she and Carl wanted to do the same for you when you were in the hospital. I had to talk them both out of it."

Rick smiled a small smile, looking at his daughter.

°~•~°

Kitchen

Ariana and Hershel were in the kitchen.

Lori helped Rick inside.

Ariana held a glass of orange juice, handing it to Rick. "Drink up."

"Thanks," Rick told her, taking the glass, taking a drink.

Lori leaned against a chair. "Okay, so I understand, when Shane gets back with this other man--"

"Otis," Hershel told her.

"Otis," Lori repeated. "The idiot who shot my daughter."

"Ma'am, it was an accident," Hershel told her.

"I'll take that under advisement later," Lori told him. "For now, he's the idiot who shot our daughter."

"Lori, they're doing everything they can to make it right," Ariana told her.

"Okay, as soon as they get back you can perform this surgery?" Lori asked.

"I'll certainly do my best," Hershel answered.

"Okay," Lori told him. "I mean, you've done this procedure before?"

"Well, yes," Hershel told them. "In a sense."

"In a sense?" Lori repeated.

Rick took Lori's hand. "Honey, we don't have the luxury of shopping for a surgeon."

"No, I understand that," Lori told him, looking at Hershel. "But, I mean, you're a doctor, right?"

"Yes, ma'am," Hershel told her. "Of course. A vet."

"A veteran?" Lori asked. "A combat medic?"

"A veterinarian," Hershel told them.

Lori, Rick and Ariana looked at Hershel in shock.

"And you've done this surgery before on what?" Lori asked. "Cows? Pigs?"

"I--I have--I have to sit," Rick told them, grabbing a chair, almost falling, dropping the glass of orange juice at the table.

Ariana and Lori grabbed Rick, helping him sit on the chair.

Lori looked at Hershel. "Completely in over your head, aren't you?"

"Ma'am, aren't we all?" Hershel replied.

°~•~°

High School - Outside

Shane and Otis were running quietly up a hill, hiding behind an ambulance.

Shane looked at Otis. "Shh, shh, shh." They slowly walked past the ambulance, kneeling behind a police car. "Okay, let's take a look."

Shane and Otis slightly got up, looking over the police car.

Walkers were walking around, not noticing Shane and Otis.

Shane and Otis kneeled back down.

"You see that big mobile medical trailer across the way?" Otis asked.

Shane stood up slightly, looking over to see a mobile medical trailer, sitting back down, looking at Otis. "That's where we gotta get to?"

"Yeah," Otis told him.

Shane sighed.

°~•~°

Highway

Damion, Dale, Carol, Andrea, Tyler, Glenn and Daryl were talking about going to the farm.

Carol shook her head. "I won't do it. We can't just leave."

"Carol, the group is split," Dale told her. "We're scattered and weak."

"What if she comes back and we're not here?" Carol asked. Damion sighed. "It could happen."

"If Sophia found her way back and we were gone, that would be awful," Andrea told them.

Daryl nodded. "Okay. We gotta plan for this. I say tomorrow morning is soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies. I'll hold here tonight, stay with the RV."

"If the RV is stayin', I am too," Dale told them.

"I'll stay too," Damion told them.

"Thank you," Carol told them.

"I'm in," Andrea told them.

"Well, if you're all staying then I'm--" Glenn started.

"Not you, Glenn," Dale told him. "And you too, Tyler." Tyler looked at Dale in confusion. "You both going. Take Carol's Cherokee. And the dog. I'm sure Harley will want to go see his owners."

"Why?" Tyler asked.

"You have to find this farm, reconnect with our people and see what's going on," Dale told them. "But most important, you have to get T-Dog there." T-Dog was sitting not far from them, a blanket was wrapped around him. Harley was sitting close to him. "This is not an option. That cut has gone from bad to worse. He has a very serious blood infection." Daryl tilted his head, turning around, walking toward his motorcycle. "Get him to that farm. See if they have any antibiotics. Because if not, T-Dog will die, no joke."

Daryl grabbed a rag that was lying on the motorcycle, opening a bag on the side, pulling out a plastic bag, walking back to the others. He threw the rag to Dale. "Keep your oily rags off my brother's motorcycle. Why'd you wait till now to say anything?" He put the plastic bag on a hood of a car, looking inside. "Got my brother's stash. Crystal, x--Don't need that." He pulled out a bottle, throwing it to Damion. Damion caught it. "Got some kick ass painkillers. Doxycycline." He threw another bottle to Dale. Dale caught it. "Not the generic stuff neither. It's first class. Merle got the clap on occasion."

Daryl shrugged, walking away.

Dale smiled, looking from the bottle in his hand to T-Dog.

°~•~°

High School - Outside

Walkers were around the school, softly hissing, snarling.

Shane and Otis were still behind the police car.

Shane bend down, walking around to the driver door of the car.

Otis was on the watch, his rifle in his hands, holding it tightly.

Shane was slowly opening the car door.

The door was creaking.

The Walkers didn't noticed or heard.

Shane looked into the car, quietly.

The trunk of the car opened, startling Otis, but he didn't make a sound.

Shane quietly and slowly walked back to Otis, looking into the trunk, pulling out a flare, looking at Otis, chuckling softly, knowing he scared him.

°~•~°

Night - Later

Shane and Otis were throwing flares toward the Walkers, trying to get them to walk to the other side.

The Walkers stopped, looking at the flares.

Shane and Otis threw more flares to the other side.

The Walkers walked toward the flares.

Shane ran behind the Walkers.

Otis followed.

The Walkers were still walking toward the flares.

Otis opened the door of the mobile medical trailer, walking inside.

Shane followed.

°~•~°

Greene House - Bedroom

Sam was still lying on the bed, unconscious.

Rick, Hershel, Lori and Ariana were in the room.

Hershel was checking Sam's pressure, looking at the others. "Pressure's dropping again. We can't wait much longer."

"Take some more--whatever she needs," Rick told him. "Then I'm gonna go."

"Go?" Ariana asked. "Go where?"

Rick looked at his sister and wife. "He said five miles. They should be long back by now. Something's gone wrong."

"Are you insane?" Lori asked. "You're not goin' after them."

"Rick, listen to your wife," Hershel told him.

"If they got into trouble--" Rick started.

"You're in no condition to do anything about it," Hershel cut him off. "You've given too much blood. You're barely on your feet. You wouldn't make it across the yard."

"Something happened, I have to go," Rick told them.

"No, your place is here," Lori told him.

"Rick, if Shane said he'll be back, he'll be back," Ariana told him.

Rick shook his head. "I can't just sit here."

"That's exactly what you do!" Lori told him. "If you need to pray or cry or tell God he's cruel, you go right ahead, but you're not leavin', Rick. Sam needs you, here." Her voice sounded more soft next. "And I can't do this by myself. Not this one." Ariana looked toward Sam. "I can't... I can't."

Rick stared at Lori.

°~•~°

Mobile Medical Trailer

Shane and Otis were looking through the stuff, looking for the things Hershel told them, flashlights were in their hands, grabbing the things they need.

Otis grabbed an endotracheal intubator. "Oh, here. Endotracheal intubator, baby, for my new respirator."

"Atta boy," Shane told him.

They grabbed their bags, pulling them over their shoulders, heading to the door, stopping.

Shane put his hand on the handle, opening the door.

°~•~°

Outside

The Walkers were walking around again, looking toward Shane and Otis, walking toward them.

Shane looked around for a way out. "Come on!" Shane and Otis started to ran away. "Damn it."

The Walkers followed them, running after them.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Shane and Otis were running around the corner of the school.

The Walkers were following them.

"Come on," Shane told him. "Stay with me!"

Shane and Otis ran up the stairs.

The Walkers were still following, snarling, grunting.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Shane and Otis were still running.

A few Walkers were in front of them, surprising them.

A Walker grabbed Shane, trying to bit him.

Shane punched the Walker, making him let him go.

Shane and Otis ran away.

The Walkers were following them.

°~•~°

Elsewhere

Shane and Otis were running.

"Come on!" Shane told him. Another few Walkers were walking toward them in the front. "No, no, no, no! Come on." Shane and Otis ran toward the school's doors, trying to open them but they couldn't. Shane and Otis turned to walk to the other direction. Another Walkers walked toward them. "Stay back--stay back!"

Shane and Otis walked back.

Shane shot the glass of the doors, running inside.

Otis followed.

Shane and Otis quickly closed the doors with a fence before the Walkers could get to them.

Shane and Otis watched the Walkers as they tried to reach toward them, breathing heavily.

Shane looked down, looking around. "Damn it!"

The Walkers pulled their hands forward, trying to reach Shane and Otis.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 9.5K 38
Fan fiction based on 'The Walking Dead.'
1K 78 5
A dedication for those who are just different, it's a never ending nostalgia. ยกrick grimes x oc twd fanfic!
229K 5.4K 72
What happens when your dad's best friend. Who you've known your whole life. Suddenly becomes the man you wana be with? Emma Grimes is about to find o...