Resetting Our Love

By yourstrulytrina

"You know the good old days when we were joined at the hip? How about we just reset everything?" Jasper and S... More

Resetting Our Love
Chapter One: English
Chapter Two: Alright
Chapter Three: Burger Joint
Chapter Four: Drinking Fountain
Chapter Five: Stubborn
Chapter Six: Pathetic
Chapter Seven: Playground
Chapter Nine: Secret's Out
Chapter Ten: Puppy Dog Pout
Chapter Eleven: Script
Chapter Twelve: Stupid
Chapter Thirteen: Blue and Silver Balloons
Chapter Fourteen: Wall Of Shame
Chapter Fifteen: Life Of The Party
Chapter Sixteen: Hello To You Too
Chapter Seventeen: Smooth Jaguar (Jasper's POV)
Chapter Eighteen: Mistletoe
Chapter Nineteen: New Year's Fireworks
Chapter Twenty: The Reset Button
Chapter Twenty-One: Moments
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mini Pile
Chapter Twenty-Three: We're Not Romeo and Juliet
Chapter Twenty-Four: Pompom Waving Love Child
Chapter Twenty-Five: Cereal Salvation
Chapter Twenty-Six: Ice Cream or Pizza
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bungee Jumping Promposal
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Spilled Coke
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Every Small Moment
Chapter Thirty: Makes Us Feel Alive
Chapter Thirty-One: Four Years
Chapter Thirty-Two: See You Soon
Epilogue: Thanksgiving
Bonus Chapter: His And Her

Chapter Eight: Smile

272K 7.1K 2.7K
By yourstrulytrina

Now, I’ve clearly accepted the social difference between Jasper and I. I know that he hangs out with the rest of the varsity team along with the cheerleaders, while I spend my days with Kyla. I’m completely fine with that, we won’t change the daily routines of our lives just because we became friend again.

Guess I was completely and utterly wrong.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I groaned, eyeing the jam packed table filled with the jocks and cheerleaders. They pressed up about three tables together just to make enough room for all of them.

Kyla crossed her arms over her chest, lifting a brow at both Jasper and Tristan, “We’re not going there.”

They thought that I was perfectly fine for the two of us just suddenly sit with the biggest clique in the school. They were all laughing and playing with each other, acting like they were a bunch of celebrities.

Please, give me a break.

“They won’t hurt you,” Tristan chuckled, finding this all too amusing.

Oh I know that they won’t hurt me. One wrong move, and I’ll be the one who will be doing the beating.

What I’m afraid of is that the two of us will completely fall out of place. I could practically see rainbows and sparkles emitting from their table, it was sickening.

Looping my arm with Kyla’s I gave the boys a dry look, “We’re perfectly fine by our own,” we started to walk around them, keeping our heads held high.

“I’m never going to get used to this,” Kyla told me as we sat down on an empty table, “What are we going to do, Savannah?”

First things first, we need to get some food because I’m starving.

Scanning around the cafeteria, I made sure Jasper and Tristan was nowhere around. It’s going to be a quick sprint to the lunch counter then back to this very table.

Just as I was about to drag Kyla with me, four trays was set down on the table. Kyla and I shared a look as the two boys sat down right across from us, grinning as if this was a completely normal scene.

“Roast beef sandwich for Savannah, your favorite,” Jasper said, pushing the tray with the said sandwich next to a juice bottle.

“And a tuna sandwich for Kyla,” Tristan pushed the tray of her meal right in front of her.

We looked down at the trays of food the boys got us before shifting our gaze to the two of them.

Looking around the room was the biggest mistake.

Every single student’s jaw was currently hanging wide open, waiting for flies to get in. When my eyes casted over to the jocks’ table, their groupies was staring at our table with outmost disbelief. I swear, some of the cheerleaders were glaring at us.

What the hell is happening?

“Don’t worry about them,” Tristan assured, snapping our attention to them. He gave the both of us a comforting smile, telling us not to be bothered by everybody.

“I’m glad that you got along with them just fine,” Jasper told his best friend, “I thought you were going to freak out just like the rest of the team.”

Tristan shot us a wink, emphasizing the fact that his job was a secret from his best friend, “I don’t see what’s wrong with these two, I like them already.”

I still don’t get why he still have to hide his work from us. It would no longer be weird or awkward for Jasper to find out Tristan, Kyla and I were working at the same place. We’re all back to the normal kind of friendship already.

It’s his choice anyways.

These two started to look like our bodyguards, they were practically with us everywhere we go. They walked us to class, they strolled down the school halls with us, and they were practically our shadow. Even though, anywhere we go, we couldn’t miss the shock the students displayed.

I wonder how long it would take until people would finally stop gaping.

The bright side, the compromising feel during English class was no longer present. Since Ms. Hughes allotted the class for practice, it was basically a free period.

Jasper propped up his feet on top of his desk as he scanned the script that I made. He made noises of approval as he flipped each page, but when he reached the end, he looked at me, “Where’s the kiss Romeo and Juliet always have?”

“In the real piece that Shakespeare wrote, there was no kiss. It only appeared in some adaptations,” I informed him, highlighting my lines.

Why is he even mentioning that when it had no importance?

I didn’t have work today and Jasper said that he could excuse himself from basketball training, placing an opportunity for the both of us to practice.

It was going to be a breeze, taking an hour at the most.

We decided to rehearse inside my house. When I got inside, I hollered out if anybody was home. When no reply came, I assumed that both of my parents were gone. I lead Jasper to the living room as if he’s visiting for the first time.

He has been here multiple times, as much as I visited his home. We considered each other’s houses as our second home when we were younger. Our parents were close friends so they welcomed the other couple’s child with open arms.

I made sure the script was short and simple, the faster we got off the front of that classroom, the better.

He recited his line swiftly, as if those words were natural to him. His eyes were trained on the paper, mouthing the words as he tried to memorize the phrases.

When it was my turn, I took a deep breath and read the lines printed on the paper, “Romeo, Romeo, Wherefore art thou Romeo?”

I admit, my acting was stiff. I could hear Jasper trying to hold off his laughter and I kept my eyes on the paper, refusing to look up at him. This is embarrassing enough.

“Deny thy father and refuse thy name or, if thou wilt not be, but sworn my love, and I’ll no longer be a Capulet,” I continued, trying to soften up my words. I sounded like I was a zombie, my tone completely monotone.

“Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?” he recited, as if he was really listening to his lover, contemplating if he should listen more or interrupt her little monologue.

How can I make this as natural as he can?

He spoke the last line and that was when we finally looked at each other. Even if he was pouring some emotions into his speech, I knew for sure that he was smiling amusedly at me the whole time were rehearsing.

“That was great,” he clapped mockingly, “But next time, talk like a human more than a robot.”

I grabbed the throw pillow from the couch and chucked it to his direction. He caught it swiftly, using the years of basketball to help with his agility.

“Nice try,” he chuckled, throwing it right at me, hitting me square on the face. I glared him, dropping the pillow back on the couch.

“Let’s do this one more time,” I huffed.

Slowly but surely, my words started to became smoother, I no longer sounded like I was a child petrified on her first day of kindergarten.

“I think we got this in the bag,” I stated a little too confidently. He rolled his eyes playfully and flick my forehead.

“That’s only what you think.”

Dropping on the couch, I let out a sigh, leaning my head against the back of it. So far, this day started out horrible and then Jasper managed to cheer me up, but then came the escapade during lunch.

I wonder how long he will keep this up before he finally gives up and realizes that we’re in two different social circles. I’m grateful that he’s my friend again, but it doesn’t mean we’ll change the things we’ve been doing throughout our high school years.

He rested his feet on my lap, I tried to pry it away but his legs were practically heavier than half of my body.

“Haven’t been to this house in so long,” he said, leaning back, “Even though it’s about five steps from my house.”

Our houses were right beside the other, we see each other during school, our parents are great friend, yet we seem to be so far apart.

“I’m sorry,” I finally let out.

He never looked like he missed me as much as I missed him, but nonetheless, I owe him a nice and official apology.

I was the one who was so stubborn and allowed something as petty as my crush for him get in the way of our valuable friendship.

“What for?” he questioned, sitting up but the weight of his feet remained on my lap.

Shrugging lightly, I let out a deep breath, “For everything.”

The times that I ignored you, the times I intentionally avoided you, the way I always tore my gaze away from yours when you try to reach me, or for simply being a bad friend.

The thing was, I may be furious with the whole student body but even if Jasper messes up, I couldn’t bring it in myself to get mad at him. He made multiple pranks with his friends around the school, but not once did I scold him.

I’m pretty sure everybody noticed that Jasper Dean has this immunity against me.

It was simple, if he showed that little innocent smile of his, I find myself instantly forgiving him.

“It’s alright,” Jasper reassured, using the same words when I apologized for the coffee incident.

Makes me question myself, was it really alright?

“Yes, it’s really alright,” he chuckled, making me notice that I said that out loud.

He removed his feet from my lap and ruffled my hair, “Come on, smile.”

I stared at him as he looked at me, smiling with the same old expression that showed nothing but kindness. That’s how he charmed me to become his best friend, and that is also how he charmed me into gaining a crush on him.

The corners of my lips started to twitch upward, giving him the thing he requested for. He looked please, patting my messy hair, “Don’t stress about it.”

“But I mean it,” I told him lightly, “I really am sorry.”

“I told you, everything’s alright,” he stated, “I’m just glad I have my Savannah back.”

His Savannah.

Well, he’s my Jasper.

The front door swung open to reveal my mother, she spot the two of us lounging on the couch and she grinned. She knew everything that had happened, she was as observant as ever. She realized that when Jasper’s visit became infrequent, something was up.

She tried to comfort me, asking me what was wrong but I kept my mouth shut. She eventually allowed it to slip, but I knew that she was already foretelling that we were soon going to become friends again.

Is she psychic or something?

“Jasper,” she grinned, taking off her coat, “How are you?”

“I’m fine, Ariel,” he greeted my mother. Just like everybody, my mom made Jasper call her by her first name.

“Are you staying for dinner?” she asked, balancing the paper bag of groceries in her arms, “I’ll make some extra.”

We shared a look and I nodded, telling him to say yes to her. He turned back to mom and smiled, “That would be nice.”

She clapped her hands, clearly pleased with his answer as she strolled into the kitchen, “I’ll make up something nice and hot,” she started to say, “It’s been getting cold lately.”

“Well, winter is almost coming,” Jasper pointed out, looking at the window where the autumn leaves were swishing around.

I groaned, just thinking of that season. Second to prom, a dance that the school held in exaggerated celebration was the winter formal.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to have fun and dance the night away, but the superstition behind it was too much. Rumors say that the first and last person you dance with on the night of the winter formal will be the person you’ll stay and love forever.

As if that’s possible. How can one little dance affect your whole relationship with another person? What do you expect, because you’re dancing with somebody, you’ll suddenly have an epiphany that after all these time, you’ll find out that you like that person you’re swaying with.

How about no.

What’s worst it, I’ll be managing the preparations as head of the student body.

“I’ll help, Ariel,” Jasper said, standing up. He looked at me expectantly and I smiled softly, standing up also.

“Now that’s the smile wanted to see.”

----------------------------------

Now aren't these two just too adorable?

Sorry I did not update last week, I got a seriously huge case of writer's block but at least we pulled through.

Question: If you can spend a day with any of these characters, who would you pick? Just one.

Totally random but I'm curious.

Comment, vote and follow! Love you guys, see you next chapter,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 5.8K 25
Y/n Y/l/n and Shawn Hunter used to have one of the most epic high-school love stories to exist. Until they had a falling out. Thirteen years later, t...
415K 10.9K 22
In first grade, Sydney Tate was all Carter could think about. As the years came and went, popularity claimed Carter and Sydney became invisible. Sen...
71K 1.6K 30
Tristain and Lila are cousins with a large age difference. They've known each other their whole lives, and have developed a "close" relationship. But...
9.1K 248 26
August and Ki never were the two in high school to get along. August, of course, was a bad boy and always in trouble, but he always had some girl and...