Help Me

By b00kster

Riley Thompson has always been the quiet girl in the corner. The girl who never talks to anyone. The girl who... More

Chapter 1: New Girl
Chapter 2: My Little Mate
Chapter 3: Alone
Chapter 4: Good Luck
Chapter 5: Promise
Chapter 6: Bodyguard
Chapter 7: Jealousy
Chapter 8: Stalker
Chapter 9: Hell's Angels
Chapter 10: Bathroom Problems
Chapter 11: Club
Chapter 12: Paul Macintosh
Chapter 13: More Gangsters
Chapter 14: The Hideout
Chapter 15: Moose and Panda
Chapter 16: Where is She?
Chapter 17: Riley, Lucy and Jared
Chapter 18: Riley is Back
Chapter 19: The New Riley
Chapter 20: The Wolf
Chapter 21: Inviting Her Over
Chapter 22: What Did He Say?
Chapter 23: Dinner
Chapter 24: Shopping Time!
Chapter 25: Aliens Eat McDonalds
Chapter 26: Date
Chapter 27: Bridget
Chapter 28: Cousin?
Chapter 29: Dinner Gone Wrong
Chapter 30: Search Cut Short
Chapter 31: The Meeting
Chapter 33: Lost
Chapter 34: Sleepover
Repost of Chapter 34
Chapter 35: Mall Attack
Chapter 36: Confessions
Chapter 37: Nathan's Mate
Chapter 38: 'Good' to See You
Chapter 39: Torture
Chapter 40: Preparations for War
Chapter 41: I'm Coming
Chapter 42: Rescue
Chapter 43: Bye Bye Ben
Chapter 44: Mom!
Chapter 45: I Love You
Chapter 46: Answers
Chapter 47: Couple Problems
Chapter 48: Jaimie's Girlfriend
Chapter 49: Jaimie the Double Agent
Chapter 50: New Family
Chapter 51: Finally Mated
Chapter 52: The Sequel

Chapter 32: Rouge Attack

78.6K 2.5K 534
By b00kster

Riley's POV

It was easy finding the battle. The gunshots and barks were so loud I could easily detect where it was coming from.

I peeked from behind a tree and my eyes widened at the number of wolves I saw.

I spotted Dennis covered in blood. He was still alive and shooting rouge after rouge. Not giving a second thought before firing. He nailed all of them in the head.

I aimed my gun at the closest rouge. I pulled the trigger, and got it in the stomach.

It yelped and snarled at me. Its hind legs tensed up to pounce but before it could, I shot it again. This time, getting it in the head.

I looked around for anyone in trouble.

I spotted a boy struggling to fight off two rouges. I went to him, shooting any rouges who got in my way. That alone took quite a long while.

When I reached him, one of the rouges noticed me and growled at me.

I pointed the gun at its head and shot it.

Then I was tackled to the ground by another wolf who'd snuck up from behind.

I spat the dirt out of my mouth and turned onto my back. I punched it in its muzzle and kicked it off of me.

I pointed my gun at it but realized that I didn't have gun. It had flew from my hand when it'd attacked me.

I reached into my boot and pulled my knife out.

The wolf circled me and I watched it wearily. It lunged and I sliced at it.

It dodged my blade and managed to nip my ankle. I stepped away but the wolf was faster and lunged again, pinning me under him.

I tried shaking him off but he was too heavy. His breath fanned over my face. I wrinkled my nose when I caught a whiff of it.

"Have you ever heard of a breath mint?" I asked, hoping I could buy myself time to think of a way to escape.

It curled its lip, showing off its yellow teeth.

I think I might've speeded my death because I could see that he was going for the kill.

I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for its disgusting teeth to pierce my skin.

Instead, the weight was suddenly gone. My eyes popped open and I surveyed my surroundings. I saw a wolf on the rouge that was originally on me.

The wolf tore the rouge's throat out, making the rouge shift back into a naked man.

The wolf turned to me and I immediately recognized its bright blue eyes.

"Ashton?"

He approached me and growled. Then he took my boot in between his teeth and tugged.

I grabbed my gun and followed him to the trees. He acted as my bodyguard, growling at anyone who got close. I helped him shoot rouges as I went.

We arrived at the trees and he shifted back into his human.

"I told you to stay in the house. What are you doing here?" He hissed.

"Don't worry Ashton, your pack is safe." I turned to go back into the fight, but he caught my wrist before I could go far.

"And where do you think you are going?"

"To help." I said in a 'duh' voice.

"You can't go back in there!" He exclaimed. "You'll get yourself killed."

"I can protect myself." I snapped. "I'm not a china doll that can break at anything. I'm an able human being that can fight."

"I don't want you to get hurt, Riley, or worse." He said pulling me closer to him.

"And I won't." I said confidently.

"Fine. You can fight, but you have to stay by me at all times. I need to be able to keep an eye on you or my wolf will drive me nuts."

I sighed but nodded reluctantly.

"Let's go."

He shifted into his sleek black wolf and I went back to the battle.

I pointed my gun at another rouge when I noticed them retreating.

"What? What's happening?" I looked around and saw other people standing around confused.

"Riley!" My head snapped to the sound of Spencer.

His feet pounded heavily on the ground as he neared us, I saw that he was actually bloody and limping.

"What happened to you? Let me see your leg." I reached to cut his pant leg away, but his hand stopped me.

"Not me," he gasped out. "Justin. Wounded badly. Needs medical attention right now."

"Where is he?" I looked around for my blond friend.

Spencer pointed at the direction he'd come from. I took off in a full sprint, aware of Ashton and Spencer behind me.

Then I saw him lying on the ground. Justin was holding his bloody stomach, gasping for breath.

I cursed and ran to him.

"Justin!"

"That's my name." He rasped out.

"Hold on. Let me get your shirt off of you." I hooked my fingers at the hem of his shirt and lifted it over his head.

"Agh!" He gritted his teeth in pain.

"Sorry." I apologized and squeezed his shirt into a ball.

"This is going to hurt." I warned. I put his shirt on the wound and applied pressure.

He inhaled a sharp intake of breath and shut his eyes tightly.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry." I bit my lip, worried if I was doing this right.

Ashton sat down next to me. "The pack doctors are on their way."

I nodded. "Okay. Are they coming quick? They do know that there will be a bunch of injured people, right?"

"Yes. Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" Ashton immediately began fussing over me.

"I'm fine. I was right next to you the whole time! You weren't letting anyone get close to me, remember?" I rolled my eyes. "And anyway, my friend is sitting next to me, bleeding his stomach out and you are concerned about me."

"I think I can take care of myself. I don't want to be caught in between you guys fighting." Justin tried to get up but I pulled him back down. I pushed on his shoulders, making him lie on the ground.

I turned to Ashton. "Do you have a shirt?"

"Nope. I don't have any piece of clothing on actually." He said simply.

I looked away, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Go put on some pants and grab me another shirt." I shooed him away. He obediently followed my orders and left.

"So how's it like having a werewolf as a boyfriend?" Justin weakly asked.

"Weird. Now don't talk. Rest but don't sleep. You might never wake up."

We waited for Ashton and when he came back, he had a few people following closely behind him.

They immediately began assisting Justin. They peeled the shirt off of him which made more blood flow out.

They took strips of cloth and wound it around Justin's torso.

"Careful." I said as I watched them.

"I'm okay, Riley. Go check on the others." Justin said making a shooing motion with his hands.

I hesitated but nodded. "If you need anything just shout. Or maybe tell the person closest to you."

"Got it."

I went to the next two people I saw.

"What happened to you?" I asked Dennis. Lucy sat beside him winding cloth around his arm.

"Some stupid rouge bit me and wouldn't let go. I had to head butt it and now I have a headache." He groaned and held his head.

"When did you get here?" I directed the question to Lucy.

"Jessica escaped. I went to look for her and when I arrived, the rouges were retreating. She's now being scolded by her parents."

Lucy tugged on the strip of cloth to tighten it. Dennis yelped and shot Lucy a look.

She smirked. "Toughen up big boy." She patted his arm.

I got up to leave when Lucy's voice stopped me.

"If you're gonna look for Jared, he is back in the house."

I nodded in thanks and went to tell Spencer. I'd lost Ashton when I went to see Lucy and Dennis.

"Hey Spencer." I greeted. He was hunched over an injured girl, tending to her wounds.

"Yes?" He asked, distracted.

"I'm going back to the pack house to talk to Jared."

"Bring someone with you."

"Will do." I spun on my heel and went to look for Ashton.

"Are you busy?" I asked, sliding next to him.

"Nope, is there a problem?"

"Spencer just wants someone to be with me when I go back to the house."

"I'll come."

He took my hand and lead me to the forest.

I couldn't control the grin that slipped onto my face. His hand was warm and my much smaller hand fit his perfectly. We walked side by side, swinging our interlocked hands.

Because the sky was dark, the trees had an eerie feeling. I took a step closer to Ashton but the action didn't go unnoticed.

He squeezed my hand softly and pulled me closer.

I soon spotted the backyard lights of the house and sped up my walking.

We went through the backdoor and I made a beeline to the living room.

I peeked my head and saw wolves and people sitting around.

They had purposely sat away from each other. On the left half sat the werewolves. My gang sat on the right.

My eyes zeroed in on a familiar mop of brown hair in the corner of the room.

I wove my way around the bodies and stopped in front of Jared.

"You look really moody." I commented.

"I didn't get much information." He muttered.

"What are you talking about?" I leaned closer, hoping it would help improve my listening skills.

"I was threatening every rouge I crossed paths with. None of them would tell me anything about Bridget." Jared buried his face in his hands and groaned.

"Just capture a bunch and torture them until they answer our questions." I said.

"Since when were you so violent?" Jared looked up from his hands and raised his eyebrows.

"Ever since I found out that my cousin was being held hostage against her will." I said seriously.

We settled in silence after that. The room buzzed with excitement from the attack. Some gangsters approached me to ask questions and I answered them as truthfully as I could.

When everyone had come back to the house, Alpha Terran ordered us to go to the meeting room.

Ashton took my hand and lead me to the said room.

We entered a room that was way bigger than the gang room. There were rows and rows of benches to seat the hundreds of people.

I sat with my gang and Ashton. Ben and Alpha Terran went on the stage, gaining the audiences' attention.

"As you know, we have some new people in the pack house." Alpha Terran started. "They are here to help us like they did in the recent attack. You know my son, Ashton has a mate, Riley. She is the one who'd found out that not only are there rouges that are going to attack, but there will be hunters."

The room was suddenly filled with gasps and growls.

Alpha Terran raised his hand to silence them, then he continued, "They are being lead by a man called Paul. Alpha Ben told me that Paul has Riley's cousin as captive."

Beside me, Jared let out a distressed sigh.

"Alpha Ben had said that they're looking for a female leader to help Paul lead the group. Fortunately, Alpha Ben knows who he will give to Paul. But we will only give him the girl if she's our only chance to end the war. Now Alpha Ben will tell you what happens from now on."

Alpha Terran stepped away from the front and Ben took his place. Ben scanned the crowd with an emotionless face and then his eyes landed on me.

I gave him a small smile and a thumbs up.

"First off, I'd like to tell you the training schedule. We will be training at the backyard because of the large amount we have. It will start at eight in the morning and end at twelve." Ben paused to let everyone digest the information then continued, "There will be a lot of change in the next few days. My gang will be moving in with you so that if there is a surprise attack, we will be ready. We will arrive tomorrow in the morning with our things and occupy most of the guest rooms. And about the silver. We will have silver bullets, but we will have a small room to keep them in. I hope we will get along well and if we don't...well... good luck."

Alpha Terran went back to the front. "I want you to always be on your guard. Don't go for a run alone or when it's past nine. It's not going to be the same until the threat is demolished. You are dismissed."

My gang and I went outside to the cars, ready to go home.

"I didn't hear anything." Jaimie said walking next to me. "Could you tell me what they were saying?"

"Why not? They were speaking clearly."

"I was sleeping. I always sleep during meetings." Jaimie said scratching the back of his head.

I rolled my eyes. "Too bad. I'm not telling you what they'd said."

"Aww, please?" Jaimie pouted.

I shook my head.

"Fine." Jaimie stomped his feet childishly. "I'll go ask Justin. He will tell me because he is nice. Unlike some people."

"Justin's staying here. He was badly wounded. He needs his rest."

"Then I'll go to Cole." Jaimie marched away with his nose held high in the air.

I giggled and shook my head at his child-like behavior.

"Riley, can I talk to you for a while?"

I smiled at Ashton who'd appeared beside me. "Sure."

He lead me to a corner and began rambling. "I know that you have been trained to fight and you know how to protect yourself, but can you please not go to the fights? I don't know what I'll do if you ever die. I won't be able to live and will probably be depressed for the rest of my life. I made a promise with Jessica and I will not break that promise. If not, she'll sneak into my room and set it on fire. And-"

I cut him off by placing my lips on his.

When I pulled back, I said, "You were rambling."

"If you're gonna kiss me every time I ramble, I think I will do it more often." He mumbled. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his rock hard chest.

I lightly laughed and loosely draped my arms around his neck.

"But seriously, I really don't want you fighting."

"I have to. That's why I'm here. I'm supposed to help you fight."

"But-"

"I will start staying in the house when I get badly hurt. How about that?" I quickly came up with a deal.

"I don't think...."

"Come on, please?" I gave him my best puppy dog eyes.

He bit his lip and looked away, letting out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine."

A wide smile stretched onto my face. "I knew you couldn't resist my eyes." I stated proudly. "I know your weakness."

His arms tightened around my waist and he lowered his mouth to my ear. "You are my weakness." He said huskily.

I involuntarily shivered.

He gently nipped my earlobe, making me fight back a moan.

"I-I have to go. My brother's w-waiting for me." I stuttered, pushing myself away from him. I felt colder when his arms left me.

I turned to leave but was spun around. Ashton quickly pecked me on my lips, "See you tomorrow, sweetheart."

And he was gone.

I stared after him, dazed.

"There you are!" A female's voice filled my ears.

"Riley?"

The voice seemed far away.

"Riley."

"Riley!"

I blinked and saw Lucy's face a few inches away from mine. She snapped her fingers in front of my face and I backed away.

"What?"

"We were waiting for you in the car. What's taking you so long?" Lucy stared at me expectantly.

"N-nothing." I stole a quick glance at where Ashton had disappeared.

Lucy followed my look and frowned when she saw nothing.

"Come on, girl. You must be really tired." She dragged me to the car where everyone was waiting.

~

La la la la la

Soooo bored! Decided to do an extra early update!

Made this chapter longer than I originally planned. So be happy people! Be happy that this author is a kind one!

I am really happy!! (All your comments make me really joyful!)

Vote

Comment

B00kster :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452K 9.8K 35
Book #1 of the Gonzalez Brothers Series Bella Garcia has spent her whole life in torture, going through agonizing pain everyday, and still she has th...
462K 10.4K 53
Ryan Matthews was older than his twin by six minutes and twenty seconds. Though this never seemed to matter to their parents, as she was the obvious...
187 21 14
Being the new girl in a new town is hard enough, but for Brayden Hayward it's damn near impossible. Especially when Ashton Philips, the king of the s...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...