Our Story ~ A jily Fanfic

By meeblings24

Let's be honest here, most fanfictions for Jily are poorly written, dirty, short stories about the frickity f... More

Our Story ~ A jily Fanfic
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter Nine
Chapter: 10
Whats a pen?
Chapter 12
You can wear my *BEAT* sweatshirt
Chapter 14: Honesty
Chapter 15: On a walk
16

chapter 2

3.3K 86 39
By meeblings24

"Hey Lilikins!" called a voice cheerily over the din of the platform. When I turned around I saw 4, 17 year-old boys walking over to me. I knew I needed help but, why them? I straightend out, put on my happiest face, and did something I never thought I'd do.

" Hello boys, um... I know we usually would be trading insults at this point but, I actually, need your help." I whispered as I risked a glance up. I saw James smiling broadly, I don't know why, Sirius was casting looks at Remus over James shoulder as peter just looked surprised. Peter always looked surprised when I addressed them though, so it wasn't unusual. The only one who hadn't reacted negatively was Remus, he smiled at me genuinely and I had to smile back. Remus is honestly the nicest guy I have ever met, and I have no idea why he has never had a girlfriend. He could make someone very happy.

"What can we do for you lily? Do you need revenge on a Slytherin, or an order of butterbeer delivered before the first hogsmede trip?" Asked James as he finally stopped smiling. I grinned, wait, what am I doing, I cant laugh at them, except for Remus, he is the only responsible marauder. focus lily, you just need their help to move your trunk.

I squared my shoulders, and sent him my best withering gaze, except, then I looked into his eyes and were they always this beautiful brownish hazelish color? I think they got deeper over the summer because my knees almost gave out, and I swear my ovaries exploded.

"I actually need your "muscles" if you could call them that. I just cant get my trunk onto the train by myself , If you would help that would be great." I finished congratulating myself on my ability to remain calm. I could have given them 10 detentions on the spot for even saying that. Well, technically I couldn't but, I could convince Slughorn they had done something. I mean, they admitted to a lot of things right there.

"Did you hear that boys? We have MUSCLES! this is the best day ever!" Sirius sarcastically replied making me blush. I had hoped we wouldn't come to this point in the conversation. I swear every time that I talk to them, Sirius turns it into something about himself, James makes it sexual, Remus makes it happy, and Peter makes it. Horribly awkward.

"But Sirius, I thought just last week you were complaining about not having any muscles?" peter said looking extremely confused. He was once again late on the whole sarcasm thing, however this time, it was hilarious, so I promptly burst out laughing. But one noise made me stop just as soon as I had begun. The train whistle blew and I knew I needed to get onto the train. I kind of had a mini panic attack. If I didn't get on the train I wouldn't be able to be head girl, and I needed to be head girl.

"boys, just get my trunk onto the train!" I ordered. I was shocked that it had come out so forceful, but the boys reacted immediately. They picked up the ends of my trunk and put carried it swiftly onto the train. I followed close behind, but when I boarded, it was just James, the trunk and I, all in a little cramped space.

"Great, now how am I supposed to carry it?" I asked, frustration practical,y oozing out of me.

"I can carry one side, and you can carry the other." James suggested, like it was obvious. It took a bit to understand that James had just had a good idea. Not even one that involved revenge or prancing. A genuinely good idea.

"Ok."

Oh come on Lily! Say something else too! Ok? That's lame. Make it cool.

"Good Idea." The words came out of their own accord, before I could feel them back in.

Oh yes, job well done. That'll really make me look cool! Gosh, no wonder I have no friends.

"Thanks!" For some reason, James beamed at me. Like I had said something really intelligent and noteworthy.

"Alright then. Let's get moving." I smiled back shyly. I heaved the back side, and he (with complete and totally ease) lifted the front and we began walking.

I zoned out, because walking is boring and walking while carrying something heavy is unpleasant. I thought back to my last year at hogwarts, and how it had gone.

I hurriedly opened the letter from my parents, and devoured every word they had sent. Every mention of home made me both homesick, and glad that I had the opportunity to be away from home. Inside the envelope, I noticed a small bit of parchment, maybe 10cm by 10cm.

Of course, curiosity got the best of me and I dug it out, before unfolding it. I recognized the handwriting immediately and almost cried. It was Tuney's. She had finally written me. This was the first letter I had received from my sister since I started attending school at hogwarts, and I was overwhelmed.

"Hey what's that?" Potter asked, pointing to my note from across the table. I hurriedly pocketed it, and tried to wipe the tears.

"nothing of importance to you." I whispered fiercely. He looked taken aback, before he brushed it off and turned to splash some food at Sirius.

Boys I scoffed to myself, before packing up my books and heading off to class.

Finally, I didn't have a class for 12 hours. I decided now was the best time to read my note. I snuck out to a quiet spot, not quite outside, not quite inside. I sat with my back against the wall, and his myself so no prying eyes would find me.

Lily,
It started. Ok, good so far.

Don't even think about coming home for Christmas. I am bringing home my boyfriend and I don't want to scare him away because of my freak of nature sister. If you tell mum and dad about this, I will turn you in for being a witch. You know what, instead of not coming home for Christmas, just don't come home ever, okay?

-Petunia

I felt tears prickling at my eyes, and I couldn't help myself. I began to cry, folding self up into a tight ball, and putting my face on my knees. I could feel my shoulders shake, and I cried harder.

Clop Clop Clop.

I looked up and started at the appearance of a stag. It was a beautiful creature, and only distracted me momentarily from the pain I was feeling. Suddenly the beautiful creature bounded off again, leaving me alone with petunia's note.

I began to cry again, this time quieter, just tears streaming down my face. Christmas was my favorite holiday. I always went home for Christmas. I thought about all I would miss out on because Petunia didn't want me to be part of her life.

Suddenly, there was a hand on my back, rubbing it in soothing circles. I looked up, tears still falling, into the face of James Potter. He looked back at me intensely, and just kept rubbing my back. I was surprised, and uncomfortable.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" He asked quietly. I was about to say no, but something pulled me in. I was tired, and I just really needed a friend.

"My sister doesn't want me to come home for Christmas." I whispered, fingering the thick parchment. James held out his hand, as if to ask "may I?" Before he took the note and read it. I used to edge of my sleeves to par my eyes dry.

"She's ridiculous." He said, ripping the note in half. Part of me wanted to cry out. It was the only time petunia had written to me while I was at school.

"She's my sister." I said, laying my head on his shoulder. "I can't go against her wishes. I can just stay here for Christmas. Lots of people do it, right? Besides... I don't miss her anyways. Just my parents, and I can see them whenever I like. I just... It's been 5 years. She hasn't written me a letter ever, and I thought maybe this would be the link back to her. Turns out she just hates me more thank usual."

"I'm sure she doesn't hate you! No one hates you." James argued. I laughed, but it came out sort of choked from all the crying.

"Snape hates me. She hates me. At one time they were the only two that mattered. Now I'm not so sure. But it doesn't matter. If I do well, she hates me. If I fail. She hates me. I tried to fail, because I thought she'd like me more. But the only thing that happened was Dumbledore talked to me about how I would loose my scholarship if I didn't keep my grades up. So I can't fail. And people hate me because I get good grades. No one knows how hard I actually work to get them. It sucks." I vented. Wow. I didn't even know half of those things were problems until I let them out.

"It's ok. I don't hate you. I actually don't think anyone hates you. You are too perfect for people to hate." James confessed. I blushed, and then I made a move to get up.

"Thanks for talking to me... It's meant a lot." I said, while he helped me up.

"It was no problem." He smiled. I stood on tiptoe and kissed him on the cheek before racing back to my dorm. I couldn't believe I had just told him everything. And he listened. And he wasn't rude about it.

"This seems good, yeah?" Asked James in front of a compartment. I nodded, Sioux really paying attention, and we shoved my trunk in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.6K 19
Lily Evans and James Potter become friends in their seventh year at Hogwarts. Sorry for the terrible description, this is just your regular Jily stor...
189K 3.3K 46
The thing about being Lily Evans and James Potter was that you couldn't do anything without everybody else saying something about it. This is one of...
Glimpse By Rose

Fanfiction

25.3K 1K 12
When someone knows at first glance that the person now holding their gaze is special, there are a lot of moments that can unfold. Laughter and love...
24.4K 601 13
"I don't know what you're all upset about Lily," Marlene said carefully, "This whole dance was your idea. You did know that dances require dates, rig...