The Lover (18+) [Completed]

Oleh AnonymousBlueInk

"I've wanted you my whole life, Scar, and when I'm finally here with you, you're married..." Scarlett Knightw... Lebih Banyak

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chaper XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Epilogue

Chapter XIII

38.9K 1.8K 183
Oleh AnonymousBlueInk

I LOVE ALL OF MY READERS, BUT PLEASE DONT BE A GHOST READER AND HIT THAT STAR BUTTON FOR VOTING. THERES AN A/N QUESTION  AT THE END! MAKE SURE TO COMMENT YOUR VOTE!

"Did you really have to?" Nate asked in a murmur and I rolled my eyes, leaning back against the wall. They had pushed us both inside a sheriff station jail, and didn't even bother taking the handcuff off.

"Hey! Bring her some clothes! Have some decency!" Nate shouted at the cops staring at me from the corner

"I'm fine. I'm not naked" I hissed at him.

"I don't give two shits, Scar. I don't want these imbeciles to be staring at you like that" he said, standing up and blocking me with his body so the guards didn't have a peek at what I had under my robe.

"Nate, stop, please..." I murmured, looking away. Nate looked down at me, fire in his eyes, clenched jaw. Then he sighed

"I apologize. But you have to understand me" Nate said.

"Oh I understand" I told him, a small smile on my lips. Silence took ahold of the small jail cell.

"Is it hurting you?" Nate asked suddenly, and I looked up.

"What's hurting?"

"The cuffs on your wrists" he said, motioning with his head. I shook my head, smiling a bit

"I'm fine Nate. I'm not going to break. I'm strong I promise" I said, and Nate raised his eyebrows.

"Oh I know that. Sexy too. I'm never gonna be able to get the image of you punching the living shit out of Andrew in front of the cops. That's my woman right there" he said with a smirk and I smirked back.

"Your woman, eh?" I said quietly.

"Right this way" we heard a cop say and we turned our heads to see Kate, together with a cop.

"What is she doing here?" I asked quietly, and Nate frowned.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were on your way back to London" Nate asked as the cop came our way to open the cell.

"I'm here to bail you out, obviously" Kate said with a frown, throwing a look my way but ignoring me after. Nice manners there, beauty queen.

"Mr Hatford, you can go now, but I suggest you contact your lawyer" the cop said and I frowned.

"Scarlett is leaving with me" Nate told the cop.

"I'm bailing you out, Nate. Not her" she pointed out.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'll take care of that-" Nate was saying when he got interrupted

"Actually, I'm the one that's bailing her out" I looked up and there was Andrew, a nasty red cut on his cheek, and a furious expression on his face.

"Actually, I'' stay here, thank you very much" I said with raised eyebrows.

"Stop with the games, Scarlett. Let's go" Andrew said, and the cop came inside the cell to pull me up

"Stop it! Just cancel the bail, refund him or something. I'm not leaving with him" I shouted, and Andrew narrowed his eyes.

"She'll leave with me" Nate interrupted, and my eyes flew to him. They were chest to chest, about to go at it.

"Stop it" I said, letting the cop drag me out.

"Do you two idiots wanna get thrown in jail?" the cop told them.

"Yeah, do you?" I joined the cop, but the cop didn't like that and gave me the dirtiest look ever, making me look away. Okay, who pissed in his cheerios today...

"Nate, go home. I'll be fine" I decided to say and allowed the cop to take the cuffs off me, and with all the nerves I had, still joined Andrew. Nate stayed silent, ignoring Kate at his side. Then I saw the smallest shake of his head nodding in my direction, then turning around and leaving with Kate behind him.

~.~.~.~.~

"You're really trying my patience, Scarlett. What the fuck is your problem lately?" Andrew was asking as we walked through the front door of the house. I really wanted to groan out loud as he had been complaining the whole ride home and I was sick and tired of hearing it.

"I'm talking to you!" he shouted, and I turned around forcefully.

"You! You're my problem! You do know why Nate beat you up, yet you take it upon yourself to file assault and then get a warrant for his arrest? Take it down a notch, Andrew!" I shouted and turned around to march to my room

"I'm still talking to you! Don't fucking leave when I'm talking to you!" he yelled. When I didn't stop he opened his mouth.

"Stop. Or your family is gonna pay for it" he said loudly, and I couldn't help it. I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Oh yeah? What else can you possibly do to me? You already have most of the company, what else do you want?!" I yelled, turning my head around.

"I can take much more, love. I can ruin you all" he said through clenched teeth. I scoffed but stayed in silence. If I was going to save us from bankruptcy I had to start by biting my tongue at these kinds of moments.

"You know I have more power over you in this company, and I can write your name off whenever I feel like it, right?" he asked, and I frowned slightly.

"You wouldn't do that" I breathed the words out and he tilted his head.

"I guess you don't know me as well if you think I wouldn't" he said as he poured himself a glass of whiskey. Here we go...

If he writes my name off or buys over my assets, the company could be his, and all of this would've been for nothing and my family and I would be left in the streets.

"What do you want?" I asked in a murmur. Andrew tilted his head after taking a sip of his drink.

"I'll tell you what I want. Your little friendship with that Nathaniel? Done. I don't want you to see him or talk to him. And if it does happen, it better not be because you're looking for him" he said, narrowing his eyes at me.

"He's my childhood-"

"Friend? Get the fuck out of here with that. That's the biggest bullshit I've heard in my life, so cut the shit" he said, his chuckles turning white as he grasped the whiskey glass. I eyed the thing, willing it to break already, but stayed as quiet as possible.

"I also want you to be the model wife. Happy, funny, sociable. You will publicly show me love and devotion. We may not love each other, but you owe me respect as my wife. The public doesn't need to know about anything else. So you smile, you wave, and you keep going. Or I'm pulling the plug faster than you can say bye. This is my warning, Scarlett. Don't fucking try me on this" he said through clenched teeth.

I stood frozen.

When he got bored, he turned around and walked down the hallways, disappearing to do God knows what. And I, as the cowards I was, ran to my room, locked myself in my room and tuned the world out.

~.~.~.~.~

I lost track of time. I didn't leave the house, or the room anyways. I forgot when was the last time I ate, or if I was alone in the house at all. I was tired all the time and struggling to keep my eyes opened. In some occasions Andrew would come pounding at my door, asking me to come out, but at some point, he gave up and I thanked whoever was up there listening. This whole ordeal with Andrew was taking away the small happiness I had now that Nate was back. Every time I tried to think of a loop in this whole thing, I came back to the same place I started. Andrew had the upper hand here and he could crush us if he wanted to. All because of the company and my stupid self-signing things without reading fully. Sometime during the week Andrew came to the door to say he was leaving for the weekend for a work thing and repeated his threats over and over, completely killing my mood once again.

Checking my phone after what felt like days, I realized it had indeed passed four days and it was already Friday. I shut my eyes hard and settled back in bed. Although I had taken showers, I felt disgusting, sticky even. But I didn't feel like getting too bothered.

Alex had been spamming my phone and let's not even talk about Nate.

So it wasn't a big surprise when his name started blinking on my screen at seven o'clock at night.

I stared at the screen for the longest time before I hit the accept button with a shaky finger.

"Where have you been? I've been sick worried about you" Nate said, and I heard him sigh on the other line. I cleared my throat.

"I'm not supposed to talk to you" I mumbled, and Nate went silent

"What does that mean?"

"Andrew. He said that if I talked to you, he'd ruin us" I said, looking at the ceiling

"So why are you?" he asked, and I scoffed.

"Fine, bye" I said.

"No. Scarlett come on" he said, and I stopped.

"Because I miss you" I said with eyes closed. Nate sighed.

"Scarlett, please let me help you" Nate said in a low tone.

"Nate, please- don't make this harder than it is" I said in a groan.

"Come with me. Let's get this figured out. I heard Andrew was away for a work convention" he said quietly.

"I can't"

"Scarlett. Please. Come." He said, and I took a deep breath, thinking about it for a couple of minutes.

"Fine. Give me half hour to take a shower"

"Open the door" he said, and I frowned.

"What?" I asked, and he chuckled.

"Open the front door. I've been waiting for you to come to your senses, so open the door already"

He didn't have to say more. I dropped my phone and ran out the door, my heart jumping in excitement, something that made me feel like a ten-year-old again. Tearing the front door open, I found Nate there, wearing his black suit, looking like a Greek god once again. Did he just look good in everything he put on?

His eyes jumped in happiness, flashing me a beautiful smile.

I reached for his hand, pulling him inside of the house forcefully, and catching him off guard. He chuckled as he walked inside, his eyes going up and around to look at the inside of the marvelous house I wished I shared with him instead of the devil's spawn. He turned around, and I opened my mouth to say something.

But Nate had other plans, as he pulled me against him and his hand cupped my cheek and his lips met mine in a long-lasting kiss that made me forget everything around me and all of my problems. Oh the days I've wanted this, the many days I spent locked inside my room, wishing Nate had his hands around me, kissing me the same way he had when we were together that night. It was a kiss that made my stomach dance around with butterflies, my toes curl and my body create a flame deep within me that couldn't be extinguished. His warm palm was against my lower back, pressing me firmly against him, holding me like I was a little thing he didn't want to break. His tongue explored me in the most delicious ways and I felt my hands reaching up to his chest, trying to rip the tie off together with his suit.

But Nate reached up and took my hands in his, calmly stopping my fiery arms from moving any further, and I frowned, feeling rejected.

"Scarlett, not here, baby" he breathed the words out, looking like it pained him. I nodded.

"You're right. I'm sorry" I mumbled. He frowned

"Scar, when was the last time you ate?" he asked and stepped away from him

"Why? I'm not hungry" I mumbled, swallowing hard. He shook his head.

"Go get changed. I'm taking you out to dinner" Nate said rather forcefully and giving me a small push towards the hallway.

"Nate, I'm fine, seriously" I murmured, walking away slowly as he followed me to my room.

"You look sick. So don't lie to me" he said and I rolled my eyes, walking inside my room with Nate following me. He sat on the white bed and looked around, taking in all the details in the room.

"I don't wanna go to a restaurant. I don't feel like dressing up" I said, looking inside my closet for clothes and looking back at him for clarification.

"Wear anything you want, I got the food covered" he said before winking at me. I smiled and pulled some jeans and a halter top, tossing them on the bed.

Then I got ballsy.

I pulled my clothes off and dropped them on the floor and I heard Nate's intake of breath.

I stood in front him, completely naked, hair down, and nervous as hell.

He kept his eyes on my face, but I saw his hands clench and unclench

"Scar" the words seemed to slip out, in a breath.

"Shh..." I hushed him quietly, stepping in his direction. He took a deep breath and looking down I saw his arousal.

"You're playing with fire, Scarlett" he whispered, closing his eyes. I reached my hand out and cupped his cheek, and he leaned against my hand, breathing in slowly before he opened his eyes again.

"I want you" I said. Nate stayed silent, his hand clenching and unclenching.

Then in a hot moment, he jumped from the bed, pulled me to him and crushed his lips against mine, and I knew the night was barely starting.

ANNNNND CUT!

WELL WELL WELL, WHATCHA THINK?! GOOD? BAD?
I think my NATE looks like this dude under ❤️

QUESTION! DO Y'ALL WANT A SMUTTY VERSION FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER OR KEEP IT LIGHT? PLEASE COMMENT YOUR VOTE HERE (IM KINDA INDECISIVE RIGHT NOW)!!

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE!

THE LOVER IS UP TO #2 ON RISING  AND #146 IN  ROMANCE! THIS IS AMAZING, I LOVE YOU ALL!😭❤️

UNTIL NEXT TIME

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

87.4K 2.8K 143
"It's time to focus on the company and stop doing disasters, as I see no other option, you will marry Nathaniel." Scarlett's father said. "Son I thin...
595 25 21
"Your body speaks louder than your words,"- he said adamantly. "Your beautiful face is trying to hide emotions, but your eyes are giving you away." H...
2.2M 41.2K 25
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
1.8M 46.2K 128
She was his motivation. Madison Connor, the only woman he had ever loved, the woman he had hurt, the woman he had left. Billionaire Damien Daniels ha...