the donut dialer [ongoing]

By veryhungryhippo

❝hello, this is the muffin man. how can we help you?❞ ❝ is your daddy a baker? ❞ ❝why, in fact, he was-❞ ❝-be... More

☏ i n t r o d u c t i o n ☏
01: ❝is your daddy a baker?❞
02: ❝-because i think you're lacking vitamin me.❞
03: ❝... that makes you princess peach! ❞
04: ❝ you're. killing. me.❞
05: ❝do you smoke pot?❞
06: ❝i will not calm my tator-tots!❞
07: ❝get the fire extinguisher, ASAP!❞
08: ❝i have the ears of a hawk.❞
09: ❝... that asshole.❞
10: ❝i don't know. kiss me?❞
11: ❝you make me laugh the most.❞
12: ❝what'syouraddress?❞
13: ❝LOOK AT YOUR DOORSTEP!❞
14: ❝babe, you can BAKE.❞
15: ❝i've seen you almost my entire life.❞
16: ❝we all have our secrets, lorelei.❞
17: ❝return call.❞
19: ❝ttyl and lol❞
20: ❝i don't wanna get married!❞
21: ❝-and i'll be there in fifteen!❞
22: ❝breathless❞
23: ❝to be happy is to forget❞
24: ❝to be happy is to forget❞

18: ❝why so many giggles, peaches?❞

96 11 47
By veryhungryhippo

❝why so many giggles, peaches?❞

loreleijamesparker

❁ ❁ ❁

now calling ✆ : spanish spider-man :)

diing. d—
✆ call accepted ✆ at 1:14 p.m.

"parker?"

"hey, peaches."

lorelei glanced at vanessa, who simply winked at her and urged her to speak with beckoning hand gestures. lorelei gulped, her voice hoarse.

"hi."

"hi."

"we just said that twice."

"i know."

"why did you try calling me so many times?"

"because i didn't want to waste a moment not being able to say sorry."

"then don't waste another moment."

"right. listen, lorelei, i'm sorry for pushing you to say something you weren't comfortable saying. i understand why you are angry—"

"you know what, parker? everyone says they understand. everyone thinks they know how it feels to have your dad die in front of your eyes, to watch him slowly wither away each day. to know that there's absolutely nothing you can do to save him, but to just watch the inevitable happen. cancer killed my dad. did it kill your's?"

"lorelei, i'm so sorry. i don't know how it feels like, and i can only imagine the pain you've gone through. i don't understand what it's like to watch the people you love suffer. but you don't think i've got my own demons, too? i'm not saying that what i said wasn't wrong, and that i don't completely regret it. i was being an asshole to you, and i'm sorry."

"before my dad died, he signed off the bakery to me."

"what? really?"

"technically, it's mine when i turn 18. i don't know if i'll be able to handle it, though. working there is hard enough when i always think about my dad, and what he would be doing if he was by my side."

"how do you do it?"

"do what?"

"how do you be so strong all the time?"

"i have the people that i love to give me strength. when dad passed away, i began distancing myself from my friends and family. i didn't talk to anyone for months, and even when i did, it was just 'i love you'. luckily, vanessa and some other friends got me out of that habit by bringing me the one thing that i never thought i could ever have again."

"and what was that?"

"happiness."

"jesus. i'm sorry you had to go through that. they're amazing for doing that, and now i know why you're so close with vanessa."

"you keep saying that you're sorry. what for?"

"you know, for pushing the topic of your dad and being an overall jerk."

"you couldn't have known i would've snapped like that. you didn't know anything about my dad, and it's okay."

"it's okay?"

"peaches forgives you. it is okay."

"yes! all is right in the world."

"you're such a weirdo."

"in a good or bad way?"

"definitely good."

"... she said i'm good."

"dude. you're fucking whipped."

"shut up, james!"

"james?"

"yep, that's me. this lover boy's hotter best friend."

"i'm going to fucking kill you."

"lover boy?"

"that's just james, he likes to joke around like that—"

"who said i was joking, huh? face it, park, you're in lo—"

"if you don't shut up now, i'm going to punch you in the face."

"this is oddly amusing. james sounds like he's being strangled."

"—because he is! get your fucking hand off my mouth, i won't say shit, okay? god, you're acting like it's life and death."

"... it's not?"

"is this a bad time? i don't want to interrupt your hangout."

"oh, no! no, no, don't worry about it. james, here, was just leaving. weren't you, james?"

"bro, it's madden monday!"

"later. madden can wait. she's on the line!"

"fine, whatever. tell her i send your love—i mean, my love."

"get out. or no pizza."

"cute. he's embarrassed! and blushing!"

"i'm not, get out of my room! sorry, peaches, i forgot he was coming over."

"ha-ha. it's okay. james would get along really well with vanessa."

"touché. they're both sarcastic and reckless and food-crazed."

"van isn't that bad."

"she gave me, a complete stranger, your number because i said i would buy her those stupid japanese candies."

"point proven. she does love konpeito."

"is that what they're called? con-pie-toe?"

"sure, parker. we'll call it that."

"i feel like her sarcasticness is rubbing off on you."

"muahahaha."

"el-oh-el."

"you did not say what i think you just said."

"what? LOL?"

"..."

"why so many giggles, peaches?"

"it's just... my mom thinks LOL means Lots Of Love. so whenever she texts me, she always puts LOL at the end. ha-ha."

"well, in that case... TTYL and LOL."

"did you just..."

"¡adios, mi melocotón!"

call ended ✆ at 1:31 p.m.

➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽
"what did i get myself into?"
➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽

➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯
"he just..."

"i heard what happened."

"so you heard the last part?"

"for sure ... my ship has already sailed into the horizon."
➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯ ➯

[a/n]: woohoo almost 500 reads yay thank you allllll. hope this chapter was good enough. love~
~ emma :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 19.9K 68
"Does he know your name?" "Nope," I shook my head. "But hey, it was like love at first sight," I said dreamily before snapping back to reality and lo...
274 33 18
ɴᴏᴠᴇʟʟᴀ (+18) Through all the hardships they had to face, there was something that never wavered; their friendship. Lex, a superhero comic loving IT...
29.4K 1.1K 24
While Zak takes another boring shift at his family's bakery, he meets a new customer destined to become a regular. But for some reason... his voice s...
143K 5.5K 54
‼️UPDATES EVERY SATURDAY ‼️ - Maya Hayes, a billionaire who couldn't care less about Love. Hell, she didn't even believe in it. All she cared about...