Just a College Girl (girlxgir...

By AndrewHeard8

Sequel to Just a Girl, Dawn has some important decisions to make about her future, her education, and her rel... More

Choices
Unnecessary Breaks
Arguments You Regret
If It's Not Broken, Don't Fix It
Finding Someone Special
Loving and Longing
Awkward Moments
Idle Thoughts
Battle Ready
Staying Behind
Useless
Desperation
Tragic Choices
Awakenings and Revelations
Terrible Ideas
Emotional Girl
Listening to What's Right
Fear and, more fear
Irrational Rationality
That Key Thing
Fighting Over What's Wrong
Empty Glasses
Future Normalcy
Weak Moment
Fallen Soldiers
Reprieve
Being Back
Letting Go of Friends
New Problems
Suspicions and Issues
The Strange Kind of Good Surprise
Remembrance of Spells Cast
Busted
A Letter of Escape

Tears of Joy

114 3 2
By AndrewHeard8

We rush down the hall of the hospital, on my way to Faith's hospital room. Buffy, Willow and Tess follow behind me reluctantly as I shove people out of my way the best I can.

She's awake... I have to see her, she's awake. Whether anyone else wants me to or not, I have to see her.

"Come on Dawn..."

Buffy grabs my arm but I brush her off.

"No..."

Buffy keeps trying to get me to stop and go with her, but there's no way I'm going anywhere except to the woman I love. I've waited seven weeks for this moment, I won't miss it now. Not even if some evil hell god demon thing comes after me so they can cut me open and end the world with my blood. None of that means anything unless I can see Faith again.

I don't care about the fact that the demon called me The Key. Glory's the only one that ever called me The Key, and that's because there was only ever one time when my blood could be used to open up the doors to the dimensions. Or so Giles once told me after everything with Glory was all over. He looked into everything he could find on The Key and told me I would never have to worry about anyone coming after me.

So it doesn't matter why that thing was after me or what it wanted me for. It won't get it, especially since it is dead for good now. The slayers killed it and it's not coming back. All that matters now is Faith.

My girl's room comes into view and I run towards it, ignoring the nurse's objection.

"There's no running in the hospital."

Screw the nurses. I have to see Faith.

Pushing through the door of Faith's room, I think my heart almost stops when I see Faith sitting up on the bed. Her eyes meet mine and already I feel like I'm gonna break down and cry. She smiles at me.

"Dawn..."

Oh my god... it's really real. She's really, truly awake.

Instinct has me running at her, wrapping my arms around her as soon as I'm in range. I sit on the edge of her bed to be as close as I can be to her.

"Faith... oh... Faith thank god..."

She puts her arms around me while the others finally come in and join us.

"You're awake..."

There's a gentle chuckle from her before she responds.

"Yeah, I did notice that."

She squeezes me a little tighter and I do the same to Faith when I can't stop the tears from coming out.

"I was so worried about you. I... I thought..."

"Hey..."

We let go of each other and our eyes meet. She's got a sad smile on her face.

"You don't have to worry about that now. I'm awake and everything's gonna be fine."

That makes me smile a little behind the tears. Seconds later, I lean forward slowly into a kiss. Our lips press together and she tastes like heaven.

I never thought I'd get to feel these lips again. There were so many times, despite what the doctors kept telling me, that I just had to wonder if she'd ever really wake up. Whether she'd ever hold me like this. I didn't know if I'd ever feel her hand touch my cheek like she is now. It's all so unreal.

Faith and I break our kiss and look into each other's arms. I reach out to her, pushing her hair back out of her eyes to look as deep as I can.

"I love you."

My words put a smile on Faith's face that only makes me wanna cry harder from the pure joy of the sight. She wipes the tears from my cheeks.

"I know... I love you too."

All the feelings hearing her say those words bring out of me makes my heart feel like it's going to explode with happiness. A series of fake coughs makes us eventually pull apart. Our fingers lace together, gripping each other like we'd lose each other if we didn't. I turn to look at Buffy, Willow, and Tess standing just inside the door. Willow and Tess both grin at us while Buffy smiles happily.

"Sorry to interrupt the happy reunion, but some of us other non-significant people are happy to see Faith awake too."

Hearing Willow say that puts a smile on my face and despite the tears blurring my vision, I see her waving at us.

"How's it going Faith? You feeling all right?"

My girlfriend shrugs.

"Five by five Red, seems like I'm gonna be all right. At least, the doctors tell me so."

Oh thank god...

Every beat of my heart seems to get faster as I lean into Faith and she puts her arms around me while I rest my head on her shoulder.

She's really holding me. God, this feels so incredible. I didn't think I could feel this happy.

"Good, I'm glad, can't have you leaving us so soon. You might wanna try cutting back on your trips to coma-cabana though."

Faith chuckles slightly and the sound of her laughter is like heaven to my ears.

"I'll consider it."

"It's good to see you're all right Faith."

"Thanks Tess. I hope you've been keeping my girl company while I was out."

Tess shrugs.

"I did my part."

There are a few moments of silence in the room.

"Well, if you guys don't mind, I think I'd like to spend some time alone with Dawn."

Buffy seems to look around all paranoid for a second, making me wipe the tears out of my eyes.

"I, I don't think that's such a good idea. I think Dawn should come with me."

Faith looks at the four of us, slightly confused.

"Why? What's going on?"

Why does she have to ruin this for me?

"Nothing's going on. Everything's fine."

The look on Faith's face tells me she doesn't believe me. I reach out and touch her face, cupping her cheek.

"No, really, everything's fine."

It takes her a second but she eventually smiles.

"Okay..."

My sister tries to interrupt.

"Dawn..."

When I look at Buffy she stops.

"Things are fine, sis. Faith's awake and the demon's dead. Just let it go already."

Again Faith looks confused.

"The demon's dead? When did that happen?"

Oh, right...

"Uh, Willow and the other slayers took care of it. It's gone."

She breathes a reserved sigh of relief.

"Well that's too bad. When B told me the demon was still out there, I was kinda liking the idea of returning all the bruises that thing caused me. Not to mention what it did to Carmen and the others."

Why should that matter?

"Now you don't have to baby. You can just be safe and focus on your recovery."

My girlfriend looks into my eyes for a second.

"I guess..."

We lean into each other and kiss softly.

"We'll leave the two of you alone for a while."

"But..."

"Come on Buff..."

Willow has to all but drag my sister out of the room. Once they're gone, I look into Faith's eyes.

"I missed you."

She caresses my face softly. Her touch is so soft and familiar that I feel tears stinging my eyes again.

"I love you."

We gently lie down together on Faith's hospital bed, holding each other, just enjoying being together again. Faith strokes my hair a little while we feel the warmth of our embrace.

"Are you sure everything's all right?"

"Everything's perfect Faith, now that you're here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137 9 9
A girl in high school has the perfect life anyone could think of, until she meets this girl, a lesbian. They hangout a lot and it makes the girl ques...
2.3M 74.3K 32
GIRLXGIRL SEQUEL TO GIRL NEXT DOOR! HIGHEST RANKING(S): #1 IN LESBIAN #5 IN GIRLS #9 IN PRIDE
4.5K 256 25
***Sequel to Girls & Drama*** Find out what happens when Danny takes that next step...
54K 3.1K 51
The sequel..