The Blackmail® [Complete]

By Redstiletos

"I could pay you much more." He said quietly, his piercing blue eyes saying the opposite. "Oh yes you will... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four (Ovian's POV)
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thrity
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Thirty-four

910 30 0
By Redstiletos

"I like this place! It's perfect! And it is large enough. Well done, Antonia. I knew I could count on you." I beamed at her. We were standing in the huge ballroom of the Ritz Williamson Hotel. The marble floors shone brightly and the huge windows were painted in gold. It had a large stage for musicians. Huge lighted chandeliers hung low from the ceiling and oil paintings in gold frames lined the walls. The place was breathtaking.

Antonia laughed. "I'm glad you approve. Getting this place took a lot."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I can imagine. What about the tickets?"

"They will be ready by tomorrow. And will be distributed immediately to the various outlets for sale."

"That means our adverts will begin airing tomorrow too?"

"Yes, Princess Tania."

Just then my phone rings. It was Ovian.

"Please, excuse me. Hi." I said into the speaker.

"Baby, how is the place?"

"Oh, it's perfect!"

"Good. Because I was about to tell my assistant to join in the search."

I laughed. "That's nice of you. Thanks. But I love this place that Antonia got. You should see it. It's the Ritz Williamson."

"Okay. I'm heading to you now." And he hung up.

About 10 minutes later, Ovian pulled into the front of the place and we went exploring together.

The place was indeed perfect for the ball. For one, it could hold 2,000 people. And we could set up bars in the four corners of the hall. The invited musicians will perform on the stage. I could see the place bright with different coloured lightings.

Ovian was talking into the phone beside me in hushed tones. I tried eavesdropping but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

It's been three weeks and I don't know how far he has gone with his findings. Even Lord Gringham hasn't contacted us about anything. And time was of the essence. In another three weeks, Lahran will be crowned king and we have no shred of evidence yet.

Just last week, His father had been buried ceremoniously. Kings from other kingdoms had come to grace the occasion and also use the opportunity to meet Lahran who was the next in line.

Ovian cut his call and turned to me. "That was Lord Gringham. He hasn't been able to find any proof. And since he couldn't find anything, he can't tell his colleagues what he suspects. He says it's possible they may have an ear or ears within the council. As for the Queen's boyfriend, he's nowhere to be found."

"Oh Ovian! What about your own sources?"

"I have come up with nothing Tania. Absolutely nothing! I can't even find Alex." He exclaimed in frustration.

I reached for his arm and squeeze it gently. "We will find a way Ovian. Just keep looking. We will find something. Lahran likes to think he can get away with stuffs like this, and such confidence can make him sloppy. Please, don't be discouraged."

He looked down at me. "One thing I am glad for is that you are here with me." He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Let's go find something to eat."

I smiled. "Okay."

We were seated in a nice restaurant about to order when I cringe at a sudden squeal from a baby. He was flailing his arms and his mother was doing her best to shut him up so as not to disturb other customers.

She was failing terribly at it because the baby's screams became louder. Soon the manager came to tell the woman to leave. And I knew that he was doing that majorly because of us.

Suddenly, I had a thought. I got up and went to their table. She was already packing her stuff and I bent down to take the baby from her. The manager was busy saying how sorry he was for the disturbance.

I frowned. "Do you have children?" I asked the manager, who was surprised at my question.

"Yes...yes...My Princess." He stuttered.

"Are they a disturbance to you?" The little boy I was carrying had kept quiet and was playing with my earrings.

"No My Princess." The manager responded, his face red up to his neck.

"Then you should understand what is going on." I admonished him. I dismissed him as Ovian came to stand beside me. Then the little boy opens his arms for Ovian to carry him. His mother gasps in surprise and I smiled up at them.

"You two look cute." I whispered.

His eyes bored into mine. "It would be cuter if he was our baby." As our eyes locked on each other, I understood perfectly what he was saying.

We decided to eat at their table and play with the boy. That was how we spent our afternoon together.

When we got home, I went straight to bed. I couldn't stop thinking about what Ovian had said. It was something that I too had been wondering for sometime now. After all these months, I expect that I should be pregnant by now. Or is there something wrong with me?

"Tania are you okay?" Ovian was standing in the bedroom doorway. I turned towards him.

"What if i can't get pregnant?" I said the first thing that came to my mind.

He quickly came to sit on my side of the bed. "Baby, don't think like that! How can you even say that?"

"It's been months! The Queen couldn't-"

"Don't even think such a thing. Don't compare yourself to her. We will have children Tania. I promise you." He held my face in his hands. "I love you very much Baby. I can't wait to have a girl that's as beautiful as you."

I smiled up at him. "Or a boy that's as handsome as you. With blue eyes and dark hair."

He grinned. "You think I'm handsome?"

She punched his arm. "Don't let it get to your head." Then I became serious again. "Ovian, I am afraid."

"About what?"

"Lahran's plan not to give his consent so I can join the Council of Seven."

Ovian sighed. "Don't worry, I am already thinking about what I can offer to placate him so he would give in. It may also require a lot of groveling from us but he will come around."

"Are you sure?"

"I am sure Baby. He may not be my brother, but I've known him since he was born. Lahran loves attention. Don't worry okay?"

I nodded. Then he kissed me deeply. 'I don't like to see you unhappy." He murmured against my mouth.

"I am happy Ovian. I mean my imagination can be wild but I never imagined this."

"Me too. Who would have thought?" We both smiled.

Then we heard a knock on the door of the sitting room. "I will get it." Ovian said as he gave me a quick kiss before leaving.

I heard a voice but couldn't discern whose they were. So I tiptoed towards the sitting room.

"Okay sir. We will get back to you with more information as it reaches us." The voice said.

"That's fine, George. Thanks for your help." Ovian responded.

"And one last thing, its imperative that you keep whatever you know or suspect to yourself. They may have ears listening in at anytime. You can't be too careful. Good day, Mr. Lancaster."

"Good day to you too George."

I stepped into the room. "Who was that?"

Ovian turned around. "A private investigator from another kingdom. I had brought him in to look for Alex when my own people were failing at finding her. He's very good and came highly recommended."

"So has he found her?"

"He just gave me some information about Alex's whereabouts. Apparently, Lahran has been moving her. He is probably afraid I will find her so he's been moving her to different hiding places. But George is sure that he will get her soon."

"What about the Queen's boyfriend?"

"That's the new assignment I have just given him. He says it's not much to go on but he will try and get back to me."

"I hope he does and quickly too. Lahran's coronation is so close."

Ovian came to pull me close to his side. "I know Baby."

Another knock sounded on the door. "Come in!" I shouted.

It was Taylor. I had forgotten that I had texted her when we came back from lunch.

Ovian smiled and kissed me on my forehead. "I will see you later." He said, nodded towards Taylor and walked out.

"What is it? Your message was very cryptic." Taylor asked frowning.

I so much wanted to tell my best friend all that has been going on but I couldn't. I couldn't risk her life like that. But I could tell her about my other problem. So I sat down on the couch and patted the seat beside me. When she sat down I said, "I think something is wrong with me."

Taylor frowned. "What?"

"I think I can't get pregnant."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 41.4K 30
Highest Ranking in Romance ~ #31 (Tuesday 16th May 2017) COMPLETED I was trying to run away from my past, instead I got caught by him. Amber Grey is...
783K 28.4K 67
Billionaires and Monsters #1 Casandra Hernández is a young hard working billionaire living in Santa Montes along with her widowed mother. After bei...
2.5M 87.8K 27
# Book 3 in Billionaire Romance Series # Aylin Stone, had always thought her life to be a circus. With a job that barely payed her bills, A asshole...
142K 2.1K 41
Brandon Arreaga is soon signed to a 5 year contract when Zoe realizes she's pregnant. What will happen to their relationship, what will happen to the...