Spazzheart || Stranger Things

By 80sLov3r

"Say it. You think I'm pretty cool." When Hawkins lovable spaz, makes it her mission to make both Hawkins da... More

Summary.
Cast.
Epigraph.
1| America's Spazzheart.
2| What a slam-mess.
3| Near Death Experince.
4| Halloween.
5| Trick-or-Treat.
6| Drunk.
7| Survivor.
8| Middle Fingers.
9| Magic.
10| Today.
11| The Kids-
12| -Aren't Alright.
13| Don't Stop Believin'.
15| Small World.
16| Amused.
17| There's a Ghost.
18| Smile.
19| Stronger Than Ever.
20| Summer Friend.
21| Thunder.
22| One Foot.
23| What You Know.
24| The Kids. Pt1
25| The Kids. Pt2
26| Little Talks. Pt1
27| Little Talks. Pt2
28| Little Talks. Pt3
29| River.
30| Oh, boy. Pt1
31| Oh, boy. Pt2
32| Nothing Looks The Same.
33| The Choice.
34| Another Me. Pt1
35| Another Me. Pt2
Autor's Note.
36| Payback.
37| Awkward Pizza Party.
38| Class of 1962.
39| The Internship.
Authors Note.
Tyrell House.
40|Let it all out.
41| Guilt.

14| Small Talks.

8.4K 256 38
By 80sLov3r

-Free food, is the best kind of food.
••••        ••••        ••••

If there's one thing about living in a small town, is how quiet it could get.

Most residents work around the same schedule, and by the time the sky transforms into a darker hue, young children and loners are already home, teenagers are making their way home; some of which are in high hopes of beating their parents to the finish line. Nonetheless, once night fall hits, and the work day is over, the town of Hawkins falls quiet.

Sully continued to stare out her widow, into the darkening sky, when her seat was harshly nudged. She took a deep breath, soothing herself as she refused to show any hint of annoyance towards younger brother, who repeatedly kicked the back of her chair. It wasn't until Lucas gave a little more power into his last kick, causing Sully's body to hurtle towards the dashboard and have her seatbelt tighten around her neck, and cutting off her airway, that made her snap. She gave out a loud, raspy croak, grasping at her neck as she swiftly turned her body towards the back of the car, and glare at a sheepish Lucas. 

"Oops?" He chuckled softly, sending his older sister a large, 'sorrowful', grin.

"You're a little shit, I hope you know." She hissed towards the unfazed boy before unbuckling her seatbelt and opening the door.

When exiting the car, Sully gave out a small yelp of surprise when a gust of wind rushed past her the second she stepped outside. She then gave out a large shout when she felt a hand on her shoulder. The small teen turned around, trying to come up with ways to fight for her life when her eyes landed on a shivering Lucas, who was not all prepared for the sudden temperature change between the heated car and the cold night.

"What the hell! You don't grab a girl like that when she's out in the dark." She chastised her brother, which made him cross his arms in defiance.

Lucas narrowed his eyes at Sully, before mirror her tone, "You don't leave your younger brother in a car at night."

"Oh, come on." She scoffed, "What's the worst that can happen. There is a security guard right over there." She pointed towards Bert, the onsite security guard the manager of Bradley's Big Buy hired last year after a freak incident which involved a homeless child and some boxes of eggos.

"Still." He whined, "It's principle."

"Well, you were bothering me and I'm hungry. Not a good combo." Sully told the young brunette, before nodding her head towards the supermarket, "Plus they serve samples, and I'm starving. And you know that I say-"

"Free food, is the best kind of food." He numbly recited the set of words that his sister preaches all the time.

"Damn right it is." She encouraged before heading towards the lit supermarket with Lucas in tow.

It was not hard for the two siblings to lose track of one another as Lucas managed to grab his own cart and fill up on many snacks and treats he could find, before setting off to find Laurell as he was currently penniless. Sully on the other hand, took her time to see each sample the supermarket seemed to provide, and savor the taste of the microwaveable junk food her mother would never let her have. 

Even though, she knew that it was a little sad, Sully could not help but feel at ease, and happy with how her life was going. Here she was, scamming the workers of Bradley's Big Buy in to giving her free food.

She was practically skipping around the supermarket, scanning for her next victim when she heard a low, soft voice. She looked up towards the end of the aisle, and saw a grey haired man slouched in front of the freezer looking around for the item he kept mumbling loudly to himself.

Seeing as she was also in the dairy aisle with him, Sully took it upon herself to help the man find what he was looking for. She opened her mouth to ask him what he needed help finding when he loudly asked to no one.

"Where the hell is the chocolate milk?!" He shouted, lightly shaking his head.

Sully held in a laugh, but it was too heartfelt and deep that she was not fully able to conceal it. She opened her mouth, and a single, choked-up laugh came out, but she quickly closed her mouth when the man turned to look at her.

She raised her hand up in surrender, letting the man that she was a friend, and not a foe, before walking over to the fridge next to him, and reaching in for the carton of chocolate milk, and handing it to him.

"The workers who stock the fridges are like, my age, so they really don't put things in the proper place. Then there's Fuller, he usually does stocks, and he likes to place things were they don't belong. Quite a bit of a butt if you ask me." She shrugged, "But here you go, Sir." She gave him a bright, genuine smile while her heart nearly burst with happiness as she handed the chocolate milk towards the man.

Sully loved helping people, and just being that person who can make someone's day, with such little gestures, it always brought a smile onto her face. Her large brown eyes were practically saucers as she watched with glee, and a hint of pride, as she saw a smile form on the man's face. He looked at the chocolate milk with gratitude, before his eyes fell onto a cheerful Sully, and the appreciative look turned into something else. Something Sully could not fully read.

"Thank you." He breathed out, placing the carton into his basket.

"It's no problem." Sully remarked, "I just heard you asked about some chocolate milk, and I know the works of this place."

"You heard me, huh?" He noted, "What exactly did you hear?"

"Don't worry, mister. I won't tell anyone about you cursing for some chocolate milk." She giggled, "I would curse too, if I couldn't find some as well. I love chocolate milk."

"So, you heard everything?" He concluded, his blue eyes zeroed in on her, before letting out an amused hum, "Well, I'm sorry you had to hear that..."

"Sully. Sully Tyrell." She answered for him, holding her hand out for him to shake, which he gladly took.

"I'm Dr. Sam Owens." He gave her hand a light squeeze, but a firm shake. 

"Oh, so you're a doctor?" She asked, intrigued at the status this man has. This was the first time she was ever hearing of this man, and she knew all of the doctors in Hawkins due to her father.

"Yes, but I don't work in Hawkins hospital. I actually work in Hawkins Lab." Dr. Owens nodded, already understanding the route her brain was taking, and the dots it was trying to connect. "You're father is Lance Tyrell, am I right?"

"Yeah, he does some work at the lab sometimes, but he is not officially apart of it. He doesn't want to for some reason. I think he didn't like the guy who was running it for the last few years. I think his name was Brandon?" Sully rambled on, not even realizing that she was walking down the produce section, along side the doctor.

"Ah, yes. Dr. Brenner." He nodded, before sending the girl a gentle smile, "I'm not surprised that he wasn't a fan of Brenner. I wasn't either." 

"Sully!" She heard someone scream from the top of their lungs. She glanced over her shoulder to see Lucas waving his hand from the pastry section, before letting out another screech, making a poor old lady next to him jump in fear at the high pitched noise. She sent her brother a look that made him stop his stupid actions, before turning towards Dr. Owens, with a parting expression.

"Well, I guess that's my cue to leave. It was nice meeting you Dr. Owens." Sully waved, and planned to turn on her heels, when Dr. Owens gave an amused chuckle.

"It was a kind surprise to meet you as well, Ms. Tyrell." He gave one last nod, before walking towards the open cashier.

Sully stayed in her spot, her eyes trailing after Dr. Owens disappearing figure with a small smile when she was met with Lucas's screech once more.

Turning swiftly on the back of her heels, she stomped her way towards the pastry section, practically breathing fire out her nostrils. The whole day, her brother had been pushing her buttons and testing her limits, and he finally exceeded past the breaking point.

When entering the corner filled with baked goods, the smell of freshly baked bread, and cookies filled her nose. Finding the scent alluring, she deeply inhaled the fresh aroma before setting out to find her aunt and brother.

"There you are." Laurell exclaimed. Her brown eyes glowed with excitement but also relief when she saw the older teen. Sully walked towards her frantic aunt, who held up two different flavored cakes with an uncertain smile. "I'm not sure which one to pick." She slightly raised them up, before placing them back on their respective table, side by side, one another.

"Oh, um...." She hummed. Sully bit her lip in concentration while casting a thoughtful look on both cakes. She personally liked the cake with the most artificial frosting, and wanted to pick that just for the sake of her own personal cravings, but she knew that her mother would not be pleased that she had chosen that type of cake for the dinner.

And Sully knew how perfect this dinner had to be. For her father's sanity.

When being picked up from Benny's Burger earlier than scheduled, Sully knew something was up seeing as her aunt is never on time for pickups. As she was being ushered into the car in a rushed manner, she was told about the last minute dinner her mother concocted for a new friend she made last week. When being informed by her aunt about this dinner, many questions grew inside the blonde's head, one of them being who must have made quite an impression on her mother to have the overbearing woman invite someone over.

Sully loved her mother, and would do anything in her power to fight for the woman that gave her life, but her birth-giver was not social. The only person she constantly has contact with, and chats to on a daily basis, besides her family, is Karen Wheeler, and Claudia Henderson. 

Her mother was not one for making new friends, and had the same set of people she grew up with, minus a few seeing as some moved out of Hawkins, or in Joyce Byers's case, had a spouse who punched her husband. So, to hear that her mother made a new friend, after almost twenty-five years, was a great shock to the family, but also a blessing to her father, as it was a sign his wife was progressing with her social skills.

This meant that everything had to go well.

"I say get the chocolate cake." Lucas voiced, before slipping in a container of freshly baked cookies.

Sully watched as Laurell responded to the boy with a nod. Her aunt then picked up the chocolate cake, made her way towards the cashier. However, while passing Lucas, she had to come to a stop when her eyes fell onto the crowded grocery cart.

"Lucas." Her aunt gave out a short huff, "You're mom gave me twenty bucks. This cake alone is nine dollars." She lightly kicked the cart, before adding, "You can choose two items from this cart, but only two, okay."

"Okay." Lucas smiled, happy that he got to at least take two items to checkout. As Laurell made her way to the only open register, and stood in the back of the line, Lucas reached inside his over flooded cart, and swim through his options.

Sully's eyes moved between her brother and aunt. Lucas was currently shoving random items close to his chest with a look of despair on his face, as a wave of indecisiveness smacked right into him. Laurell, was tightly clutching onto the chocolate cake for the life of her with an uncomfortable expression as she was being hit on by a fellow customer. Sully rushed towards her aunt in a stealth manner, unknowingly saving the brunette from the overbearing male by stepping between, with her back facing the large man.

"Hey, how is my favorite gal." Laurell overly greeted, a thankful smile was brought on to her face. Sully raised an eyebrow at the smile, before bitting her lip at the realization that her aunt thought she was there to reconstruct the conversation.

"I just wanted you to know that I'll be in the car." Sully sheepishly smiled, before making a small gesture towards the parking lot. "Yeah." She nodded awkwardly, "Okay, see ya later."

_____________________________
Crazy that I haven't updated in forever. I've been swamped with personal problems and issues but I'm back!
Sorry if this chapter was kinda sucky, it's a filler chapter and those aren't always the ends if you catch my drift.
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
Thank you so much for reading this❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 4K 14
TRANSFIGURATION. ❝ that was her magic. she could still see the sunset, even on the darkest days. ❞ [stranger things; season...
95 0 5
"Come on, Stevey. When are you going to open your eyes and see that she doesn't want you?" "I wasn't talking abou...
4.2K 90 22
I'm not really good with descriptions but if you wanna find out what would happen throughout the story then go ahead and read it :D This is a Jim Ho...
337 14 8
"Who cares what she thinks?" "She's your girlfriend." "And you are my bestest buddy in the whole world." [Book 1]