Superheroing 101

By Amgeek

"Man Castello You are really out of breath." Irene laughed. "That's cause you took my breath away." I smiled... More

Chapter 1: Castello
Chapter 2: Richie
Chapter 3: Venus
Chapter 4: Clone
Chapter 5: Alena
Chapter 6: Late Night Kisses
Chapter 7: Mom
Chapter 8: Evil
Chapter 9: Tutor
Chapter 10: Smart
Chapter 11: Kidnapped
Chapter 12: Exposed
Chapter 13: Eneas
Chapter 14: Investigating
Chapter 15: Stones
Chapter 16: Exposed Part II
Chapter 17: Threat
Chapter 19: Trade
Chapter 20: Hospital Bed
Chapter 21: Energy Ball
Chapter 22: Finally...
Chapter 23: Epilogue

Chapter 18: Time to be a Big Boy

8 0 0
By Amgeek

Night fell onto our city. The darkness was blanketed over the busy and loud city of Astmeld. We darted down towards the warehouse. The only light that was helping us see was me charging up. The blue illuminated the both of us. I glanced towards Clone who was whispering under her breath and shaking. Her body was glowing purple. I'm surprised I didn't notice it before.

I grabbed her hand and stopped charging. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. "What ever happens I got your back." I smiled.

"We get as many hostages as we can, then we out." She returned the hug and clutched onto my shirt. We dropped down and entered the door. We slowly shuffled inside. I took a deep breath as we began to rush towards the sleeping Richie.

I kept look out while Venus attempted to get him out. I heard her mutter to herself and take a deep breath. She was about to make a choice. She hit a button and I felt a burst of warm gas embrace my back as the pod opened.

She cursed quietly. I turned as she was under a sleeping naked Richie. She squirmed out and wiped off her costume. She went towards the secret door and opened it. She went inside as I waited outside. I heard her walk down the stairs.

"Zach!" A familiar voice cracked.

"Astrid?" I yelled.

"Zach?" Astrid ran out of the corner. "Where is dad?" She started crying as she ran towards me.

I gave her a hug. It felt nice for a moment. Then I heard something drag. I felt a sharp pain in my side. I hissed and winced. I pushed Astrid off of me as my vision blurred. I could see one thing clearly. A black sludge removing its self from me. I started to stumble and braced the wall.

"I got Alena" Venus yelled. I tried to speak but my breath was taken. The sludge changed into a form of me. "Alright Clone, hurry up. We have places to be" The fake laughed.

The fake pushed me to the wall and I blacked out.

---------------------

I woke up with a pounding in my head. My side was throbbing. I looked at the black cut that was reaching to my chest. I struggled to get up. I used the wall as a leverage. I took a few deep breaths.

"Venus?" I yelled remembering that she came with me. Alena and Richie are gone. I slid down the stairs towards the room Eneas was found in. Nothing.....

I went back upstairs and groaned. "Finally.... You are awake."

My sister dropped from the opening in the ceiling. The roof was broken open.

"The hell did you do to my sister." I glared.

"DNA samples." She shrugged. She went onto the roof quickly expecting me to follow. I charged and jumped straight up.

I threw a few punches which she all dodged. She whipped at my cut and caused me to buckle. I threw another punch and it went inside her. She looked at me pained, then smiled as she grabbed me and tossed me. I flew back down into the hole. I before I dropped I blasted a few shots and landed in a couple of boxes. I bounced back up and found her burned. The gooey exterior she had, now opened blotches of harden clay. The monster pulled out the blocks and threw it to the ground.

We stared at each other for a long time. I lunged at her but he face and body changed quickly. Venus put her hands up to flinch.

"Oh god- where is she." I snapped. "What did you do with her?!"

"Turns out my throw is pretty good...." She said dodging the question. The real Venus was pulled out from a corner of a building. The fake jumped holding the real one as well as two others. Richie and Alena.

He threw them opposite directions. "Time to be a big boy Zach. With your speed you can catch 2/3 and end up catching me. Or you can come after me only and let all perish. Good luck hero" she said cockily while going the one direction none of them were thrown.

......I stood in shock.

Shit. I got a burst of energy as I went after the person where it all started, Richie. I caught up to him. But I missed. I send a force his way. He started to float down slowly. He wasn't in danger anymore. I charged up and bounced off a building to reach him.

I held him in my arms and got another burst of speed. This time towards Alena's direction. I dropped Richie off at a hospital while I was speeding through the air. I was suddenly knocked out of the sky.

"You came after me. How thoughtful." The fake Venus laughed and whipped at me. I went the wrong way. Crap.

I shook it off and tried to jump again to escape. My leg was grabbed and I was pulled back down. "We are just getting started." She laughed. She started to swipe at every inch of me.

I covered myself in an energy ball and heard her scream. She tried to run but I jumped and tackled her down. She started screaming as I pinned her down. I felt her hands getting hard and her starting to suffocate, getting incased inside the clay. I gave it a few punches and she crumbled. I stomp on it and broke it into tinier pieces. "Good riddance" I spat. The force ball disappeared as I went to get who ever was thrown east.

----------
My eyes landed upon Alena about to go face first into the road. I went a bit faster to attempt to catch her. I shot a force at her and she slowed down. She should survive this fall. She ended up getting thrown through a car. She was still going way too fast. I hope I didn't just kill her. If I had gone the right way..... dammit.

Alena started to sit up shivering. She got off the car and helped the people out of it. "Are you guys ok?" I had to ask touching down.

Alena gave me a hug. "Thank you."

"I let you fall....." I fidgeted. I have to find Clone.

"I rather be in shock and have broken legs then let that alien use my image to ruin lives."

"I- have to go sorry." I squirmed out of her arms and went after Clone.

------------------

I went as far as I could to the west. Nothing, no one. "Did anyone fall around here?" I yelled on the board walk. No one was listening. I was getting frantic..... "VENUS" I started screaming.

I went closer to the beach, the cold winds brushed onto me. I looked up and down during the cold dark night. The pier amusement park was opened. Maybe people saw her. I jumped towards the the pier. They were screaming at the water. People were bobbing up and gasping for breath.

"What's going on?" I yelled.

"Someone fell into the water." They yelled in a panic. I charged and jumped in the air. I boosted towards the water. I swam as low as I could. Thank god the water wasn't that deep yet. I saw her purple glow. She always had that's sort of radiance to her.

My lungs started to close in. I began to suffocate. I started to swim back up but there wasn't any time. I, frantically, in a last ditch effort went to reach her. I can see her. Her face was peaceful, but that made me even more anxious. My eyes began to burn from the salt and depth. I wanted her back. I didn't want to stop till I got what I wanted.

With my dying breath I pushed the water away from me to go a little bit deeper. I suddenly fell and hit the wet sand next to her. I laid there breathing heavily. My head felt light and my body felt sore. I started a coughing fit.

I immediately push myself onto Venus. I pulled off her mask and started to pump her chest. I'm not certified in this but I need to try.

I blew into her mouth. I kept going back and forth, back and forth. This isn't working. I began to do it more vigorously. "Venus you piece of shit." I snapped.

She started coughing and throwing up alot more than water. Her eyes were red and tired. Her eye lashes were squished together causing about 4 thick spaces. I held her mask and tucked it into my suit. I pulled her towards me in a long embrace. "You scared the hell out of me."

She didn't say anything, she was shivering and coughing more and more. I looked at her and she was staring past me. I turned to see what she was looking at.

The ocean was in air the flowing. We saw the sand beneath even the deepest waves. The sealife thrived, and swam inside the floating water. The water was being brightened on the top and the bottom. The water wasn't leaving the Earth. It was staying in place.

"Y-you did this? The whole ocean?" She said looking at the embedded seashells. I looked at the horizon and the sand was untouched.

I quickly took Venus to the safer area of the beach. I put down the water gently trying not to hurt the fishes. Venus leaned on the pier's pillars. I took her towards the same hospital I put Richie and Irene in.

They stole her from my arms and rushed her onto a bed. I cramped at the pain at my side. I watched as the black scar became red.

"I guess we have to reschedule..." a dark voice laughed.

I turn and Airias was staring. Alena's skin was cracking and revealing black on her. "I would apologize about my army member. They were acting out of turn. Got killed for it. I guess I'll have to start killing off people. You decided to bail." She laughed hoarsely.

"I'll make the deal myself..... I'll do it...." I frowned.

"Good. Your little sister is getting anxious."

"Meet me where this all started. Alena's house...."

"Alena's house." She agreed leaving. I went back into Clone's room to tell her the news

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Unlikely By L.M. Feldt

Science Fiction

40 1 28
The lone victim of a failed terrorist attack, a copy clerk tries to live a normal life, despite being declared legally dead. But why does his new nor...
359 31 15
Since the dawn of time, humanity has been divided over various subjects. All of which are frankly, incredibly trivial. This being, but is not limited...
2.1K 31 16
after a hit that took them to a nuclear factory, Moxxie and Millie get coated in radioactive liquid, which give them superpowers! Moxxie has the figh...
822 155 21
Aren't you ever tired of the same old super hero story? The hero is cool looking with bulging muscles, and always wins. Like, always. Even if the sit...