Say You Like Me

By free4life

| Completed 10/11/19 | ♡ "Stop looking at me like that!" "Looking at you like what?" "Like you...like you ugh... More

Chapter 1: Sexy Six
Chapter 2: Talking To Him
Chapter 3: That's Not My Name...
Chapter 4: Rainy Nights
Chapter 5: I'm Only Human
Chapter 6: He's a Player
Chapter 7: So Called Best Friend
Chapter 8: We're Friends
Chapter 9: Not Your Average Good Girl
Chapter 10: Just a Dream
Chapter 11: It's For The Best
Chapter 12: Sleep Is Overrated
Chapter 13: New Girl
Chapter 14: The Damage Is Done
Chapter 15: Touchdown
Chapter 16: Next To You
Chapter 17: Roller Coaster
Chapter 18: Never Letting Go
Chapter 19: Confessions
Chapter 20: Fireworks
Chapter 21: I'm Yours
Chapter 22: You & Me
Chapter 23: The Feeling
Chapter 24: What Now
Chapter 25: Complicated
Chapter 26: Runaway With Me
Chapter 27: Unpredictable
Chapter 29: Heartbroken
Chapter 30: Going Insane
Chapter 31: Say You Like Me

Chapter 28: Don't Question It

20.1K 530 86
By free4life

It's past midnight now, everyone left my moms including me. I went back to Ash's with him and we didn't talk much. The whole night I've been looking at the window across from Ash's wondering how this is possible.

How I didn't realize I look nothing like my parents. They both having brown eyes and I have blue. They're very tall and I'm short, I mean we don't even have similar features and now that I think about it I've never met any other family members. I never even questioned it.

How could they not tell me I was adopted. How could they not give my birth mother the right she had with getting pictures of me growing. How could they do that to a seventeen year old? Who were these people? I don't think I know them like I thought I did. I almost want to look at them as strangers.

Everything I knew, was not what I thought.

I got out of bed and put on a sweater walking downstairs and finally found myself outside on Ash's front porch. Aren't adoptive parents suppose to make sure you grow up in a happy home?Why did they want me in the first place? Whats going to happen now? Are they going to still send me to New York or will I get to stay here?

"Couldn't sleep?"  My head whipped super fast towards the voice.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you, I can't sleep either and was on my porch too until I saw you." Rumor explained.

"It's okay, just wasn't expecting anyone to be up at this time." I made an uncomfortable giggle after I said that.

"How are you doing?" Rumor asked as she sat down next to me pulling her knees to her chest.

"To be honest, I don't know how to answer that question." I looked down.

"It's weird because I've known about you my whole life and always hoped that I'd be able to meet you one day."

"It's weird I didn't know about you and the first day we met I actually thought you were into my boyfriend." I laughed nervously.

"Wait really?! Never he's not my type anyway." She laughed.

"What's your type?" I asked only because I'm actually curious to get to know my sister a little bit.

"Hmm well I'm really into guys with long hair, skateboarders, the guys who wear band tees and skinny jeans." She laughed.

"There was this guy back home but finding you was more important so I didn't mind the move." She continued.

"Do you think you'll move back?"

"Hmm I'm not sure, I think right now mom wants to be wherever you are." She smiled at me.

"I really nervous to actually sit down just me and her and talk."

"Don't be mom is chill."

It was silent for a bit, I'm just trying to comprehend that I have a mom I've never met and in a way this is all a blessing because my mom right now is really messed up in the head and I'm not really sure why she's changed so much in the past months. I miss when she was normal.

"How was your childhood?" Rumor asked to break the silence.

"Oh well um in the beginning it was the childhood every kid would want. I was loved, had a roof over my head and was happy. When I turned sixteen almost a year ago everything changed. My mom became strict and my dad became distant. He was working all the time and so was my mom so I was home by myself most of the time.

They started to argue non stop and that's when my dad broke it to us that he has to move to New York for work but in reality he was having an affair and I guess he fell in love with a girl that could be my older sister. When my mom found out everything went to hell. I started to change as a person and so did my mom which made living together horrible."

I told her how me and Ash met and why I started to live with him. She seemed really shock as if they should've never adopted me and made me go through that when my birth mother could've prevented that if she found me a lot sooner.

"Anyway enough about me, what was your childhood like?" I asked curious.

"Well it's just been me, mom and our cat." She laughed.

"I've never met our dad, I'm not sure why he doesn't want anything to do with our family but with mainly just me and mom I couldn't ask for a better mom honestly. She means everything to me." She continued.

I wonder what my life would've been like if I never was adopted.

"So are you going to school tomorrow? It's my first day." She asked.

"Yeah I think so, pretty sure it will be my last day of going to school before I move."

"Adri, mom won't let that happen, she won't let them take you anywhere else. She has lawyers and the court involved. I don't think you are even allowed to move states at ths time until everything is settled."

"Are you sure?" I asked with my heart pounding fast. I hope she's right so that way I will be able to stay here with Ash and get to know my other family. That's all I want right now.

"I think so, I'll ask my mom more about it in the morning but it's super late. We should go to sleep if we wanna get up for school tomorrow."

"Yeah you're right." We both got up from the porch couch and hugged each other goodbye. I watched her walk back to the house to make sure she got inside. Walking back in the house up to Ash's room I quietly got back in the bed and before I knew it Ash wrapped his arms around me.

"Where'd you go." He asked in a sleepy voice.

"Just outside for a little bit." I snuggled closer to him.

"No wonder you feel really cold."

____________________

The next morning I woke up super tired and just wanted to fall back asleep but I got up anyway because I knew it was Rumors first day and she needed to be with someone she kinda knew. I was just dreading what everyone was going to say since its obvious we look alike. At first I couldn't see it but now it's almost like looking into a mirror.

I got up to take a quick shower which also helps me wake up a bit and once I got out I blow dried my hair making sure I was curling it with my brush to try to make it somewhat wavy. I put on my make up after I put on my favorite pair of light washed skinny jeans with big rips in them. Then I just put on a cute top and paired my outfit with simple flipflops. Ash was getting ready at the same time but while I was in the bathroom he was in his room.

We haven't gotten to the step where we change openly in front of each other and it's mainly me just being insecure. Walking out of the bathroom Ash was putting on cologne looking good as always. We both grabbed out bags and were out the door but waited in the front until Rumor met up with us.

Turning towards her voice yelling hey I almost wanted to laugh about how we were basically wearing the same thing.

"I promise this wasn't planned." I turned to look at Ash.

"Uh huh, yeah right..You just want to show off about your twin." He laughed and winked at me.

"See we're already thinking like twins." Rumor laughed as we all began to walk to school. Me and Ash hand in hand.

"Great now I have to third wheel." Rumor said jokingly.

"I'm so excited to see everyone reactions at school." I said sarcastically.

To my surprise everyone was staring at us, just kidding I knew they were going to.

"What the fuck."

"Am I seeing things?"

"Adrianna is such an attention seeker."

"Who is she with?"

"Since when did she have a twin?"

"So does this mean she's not moving?"

That was only half of what I heard just walking into the school. I noticed this happens to me a lot I laughed to myself. People just love having my name in their mouths it doesn't even bother me anymore.

Rumor was able to get her schedule pretty easily and we actually had quit a few classes together. She had to introduce herself a lot in classes and when she was done the teacher of course asked 'Does the class have any question.' The question always was 'Are you and Adrianna twins?'

During lunch Rumor and I sat together but I didn't know where Ash was. He seem a little bit distant towards me ever since he found out I was adopted. Maybe he was mad that I've been hanging out with Rumor a lot or something but I really want to find out.

I saw him across the courtyard during lunch he was hanging out with his brothers and a couple girls which my heart sting a little when I noticed he was smiling at one girl having a great conversation or so it seemed. 

"Hey, Adri don't worry about it, it's nothing he's just hanging out with his brothers and I'm sure that girl just said something funny."

"He's not suppose to think other girls are funny." I pouted.

"You're such a drama queen." She laughed as I threw a piece of bread at her.

After school Rumor and I started talking about what we wanted to be for the Halloween party tomorrow of course Ash wasn't interested at all of what we were talking about so he stayed behind with his brothers. I walked with Rumor until we got to her house which is still weird to say.

We both thought it would be a great idea for me to get to know her a little but that idea changed as soon as we opened the door because my birth mom and my dad were in the living room talking. It was clear he had upset her has she tried to cover up her tears from us.

"Adrianna, we're leaving in two days." My dad said sternly to me.

Why'd I make myself think there was actually a chance at me staying?

"Don't question it." He said before I'd be able to say anything back to him.

Authors Note:

Finally this weeks update is up! Let me know your thoughts! This was more of a filler chapter to get to the good stuff but I still hope you enjoyed it. Remember to vote and comment it encourages me to get chapters up faster<3 

Xoxo Free4life

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 13.2K 36
A girl named ashshi white and her family had to move to a new city... on her way she met a guy called Aaron Parker....They became friends. Aaron aske...
1.4K 48 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
688K 19.6K 35
"I know that I can fuck up your whole life with one look. But I can't stop myself." ✰ ✰ ✰ Mia Rose...
22 3 12
In the halls of St. Gabriel's High School, Ezekiel reigns as the charismatic bad boy, charming his way through senior year with a devil-may-care atti...