My Alpha

By redtulips1201

Kaila Hataway is a book worm, who trys to keep to herself. Reading has always been her escape, ever since the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 (Part 1)
Chapter 9 Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 10

187K 2.7K 164
By redtulips1201

Hey guys!!

So quick A/N:

1) This book is not even close to being over, so don't freak out when I end chapters with cliff hangers.

2) What do you guys think about Logan? I'm sure you'll change your mind about the 'bad guys' when you find out why they are the way they are.

3) Get excited. This book is about to get interesting(:

Comment- Fan-Vote- Tweet-Like- Share- Etc.

***

Chapter 10

(Kaila)

            I gulped as Logan stepped through the doors, along with the man that had shot me with the tranquilizer gun. I noticed something different in Logan. He still had his cocky stance and smirk, but I felt like it was taking him a lot of effort to put up the facade that he cared. His eyes were no longer flat,  but they were filled with so much pain I had to look away to the second man.

             His friend on the other hand wasn't faking, his hate-filled glare told me he still didn't appreciate the fact that I had knocked him on his ass earlier. Swallowing back my fear, I felt Jon's arms tighten around me and a low growl tore out of him.

             "Stay away from her, you sick mother-."

            "Stop talking Jon, or I'll make my life easier and shoot her." Logan's voice was tired.

            Jon immediately stopped talking but continue to glare deadly at them and I shivered feeling the effects of  his hate even though it wasn't aimed at me. I watched fascinated as Logan flinched under his gaze, before he sighed.

            "Trent, you know what to do. I have to go talk to Declan." Logan walked out as though the entire visit had taken everything that was left out of him, and he couldn't even pretend to care anymore. Trent watched him out of the room, his eyes narrowing in suspicion before turning back to us. His smirk was back and it sent chills up my spine. I curled in even closer to Jon, who whispered soothing words to me. This time when Trent's eyes narrowed they were  filled with envy, but just like all the other men that attacked us it was as if he had no soul in his eyes. They were dull, lifeless.

            Suddenly, I knew what everyone here shared. They had all loved someone wholly, had met their soul mate and gave themselves over to them completely and then lost them. It had ripped them apart. That was what could drive up to a dozen people out of their minds and become the cruel rouges they had always despised. I no longer feared these people, nor felt anger towards what they did to us. I could only find it in me to pity them. Straightening in Jon's lap to the best of my ability I looked Trent dead in the eyes.

            "I'm sorry for whatever happened to your mate." My voice was gentle, but the way he staggered back as though I had punched him I might as well have been spitting the words at him. He wiped the surprised look off his face and replaced it with an almost curiously pain filled one.

            "You want to know what happened to her? She was mutilated. By humans. She was just minding her own business and those filthy drunk pigs attacked her and just left her there-" He cut off and closed his eyes, when he opened them they were blank again. "It doesn't matter. What's done is done. All seven of them got what they deserved." His emotionless voice was back and I knew that I had lost him. He slipped out the doors, and as soon as  he did Jon let out a heavy sigh, before speaking with a strained voice.

            "Kitten, please don't provoke them." I frowned at him.

            "How is showing respect for his mate provoking him?"

            "Because he has completely forsaken his human side. He no longer has human emotions, he has given into the wolf. That's all you can do when you lose your mate, the pain. God, I couldn't imagine how much pain he must've been in. Some people get a handle on it, reign in their wolf, but it's nearly impossible."

            "Oh." I was stunned into silence.

            All of a sudden there was a load noise and I felt Jon jerk under me. Looking at him alarmingly I watched as the chains retracted into the wall, trying to drag him to the other side of the dingy cell. Trent came back in with rubber gloves, holding a dried plant  in one hand and a plastic bottle filled with a red liquid in the other. He went over to where Jon's chains emerged from the wall and set the bottle down on the dirty floor. Jon struggled against the chains, grunting, and kept a hold on me, to which Trent raised an eyebrow at him.

            "Impressive, your human side is quite strong. Declan will be happy to know that when I tell him." Another grunt from Jon was heard as he pulled and tugged at the restraints, he looked viscously into Trent's eyes.

"The only thing you need to tell Declan is to go screw himself."

             The person who was operating the chains picked up the strength and with  a final grunt Jon let go of me and was flung into the wall. I whimpered at the sight of him getting injured but he was up and yanking at the chains in no time as Trent stalked towards me.

            "Stay the hell away from her!" Jon growled and his once clear blue eyes went flat black. Trent just scoffed at him and continued towards me. I have to admit, I cowered against the wall in fear as Trent advanced to me with the plant and stopped in front of me. He waved the plant in front of me, almost teasingly. Instinctively I recoiled away from it, not knowing why but not wanting to be near the sweet smelling herb.

            "This, my darling, is aconitum." Jon's growling picked up and I looked wide-eyed at him. His face was distorted in anger and I had a feeling I was about to experience a whole lot of pain.

 "It's what slowly, and painfully kills werewolves. It's perfect for what I need."  My heart picked up and I knew that everyone in the room could hear it. Tent stood over me but turned to Jon, who was still uselessly pulling on the chains to get between Trent and I. I noticed cracks in the wall where the chains originated, and though now was not the time I was impressed with Jon's human strength.

That's right, a big strong male to protect us when we need and to hold us when we want.

I bit my lip to keep from crying out at the relief as the now familiar silky voice I identified as my wolf floated into my mind. For some reason her voice seemed almost light, as though she wasn't worried about her current predicament.

            Where have you been?

I got no response. I returned to the conversation, noting that Jon had noticed my lapse in attention but hadn't drawn attention to it.

            "Did Logan ever tell you how we ended up this way?" Jon's stoic expression didn't change but nonetheless Trent carried on.

            "All of us watched something terrible happened to our mate, before they were killed. During that first moment of giving up the reigns to our wolves, there is this window where another more powerful wolf can give the lost wolf his blood. It creates an even more powerful pack bond than you've ever known. You forget about your pain, your immune to any hurt. It's a gift." Trent took a breath as Jon and I soaked in this information. Declan sounded certifiably insane.

            "Declan has chosen you, specifically. You own the largest territory in America, and he needs the land and pack numbers for his mission. Did you know that if you turn an Alpha, his whole pack follows? It's interesting, really. Declan is fascinated by you." He didn't sound amused by it at all. Seems like someone didn't want to fight to be Declan's favorite.

            "You have a choice, Jonathan, and I encourage you to explore your options before you decide. After all your mate's last moments depend on it." Jon's obsidian eyes found mine and I shuddered at the desperate edge to them. I could tell he was planning on doing anything to get me out of here. I shook my head at him to try and tell him not to do anything drastic to save me, but he flicked his eyes back to Trent's.

            "Speak." His voice was rough, like sandpaper, and unforgiving. I knew that his wolf awake and controlling his human body. Trent seemed surprised that Jon's wolf was able to come out while he was in contact with so much silver nitrate, but quickly covered it seeing as Jon was still as weak as his human form.

            "You can either watch your mate die a slow, pain filled death by aconitum. Or you can spare her the pain and watch me deliver a swift easy death. Your choice." It was quite for a moment before Jon picked up the bottle, undid the top, and spilled the blood out on the floor. I breathed a sigh of relief he wasn't giving up.

            "Tell Declan that I will kill him. I don't care whose neck I have to snap to get to him. He will die at my hand." Jon's wolf was furious and out for blood.

            "He said you'd be difficult." Trent drew out another bottle from his pocket.

            "I guess you chose the hard way then, and remember, you have no one to blame for her pain but yourself." I missed the movement, but suddenly a branch of the dried plant was placed on the side of my neck and I screamed out in agony.

            The only thing I remember before blacking out from the pain was Jon's constant stream of growls, begging me to stay with him.

            This time it was my lips forming the words 'I'm sorry' as I gave into the sweet bliss of unconsciousness.

***

Comment-Fan-Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 3.8K 30
Eighteen-year-old Kailee Wolf is done. With her family dead by the hands of vampires, becoming a rogue overnight, and losing her pack, she's running...
106K 979 35
Growing up is hard, but it’s practically impossible if you’re Elaine Butler. She knows pain, and won’t forget it. But things are starting to go cra...
39 2 9
Kyla comes from a generation of trained hunters who hunt bad wolves and bad vampires, but are also friends with good vamps and good wolves! She is a...
441K 13.5K 27
WARNING: this was written when I was 12 and is NOT representative of my current writing abilities. read at your own risk!! Xavier Chase is a brutal A...