I Can't Do This, Not Without...

By -kawaiiships-

It isn't until a drunken event at a party that turns Calum's world around in ways he would have never imagine... More

I Can't Do This, Not Without You (Cake Mpreg)
FRICK FRICK FRICK.
Information and Disclaimer (And an Apology)
1.
2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
Really Long A/N (PLEASE READ)
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
Character Ask.? [Closed]
OMFG GUYS.
Character Ask.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
Updates On My Fanfics, Me, and Stuff
27.
28.
New Cake Vampire Fanfic. :)
Epilogue.
Sob Note...Haha jkjk
One Shots Book Update.
One Shots Book.!
First One Shot Update!
Sequel is Up!
Bromance Awards.

3.

29.8K 778 591
By -kawaiiships-

Hello! This is more of a filler chapter. Sorry. :c But it's going to get better. I promise! 

I should probably mention that ALL the boys are 17 and juniors. 

Chapter Song: Next To You by Chris Brown Ft. Justin Bieber. 

- Gabie :) 

______

Calum. 

*The Next Day.*

On the second day of school I still didn't get any homework. So Luke had decided to come over and just catch up on things, since we haven't been hanging out much.

Luke and I had decided to play Mario Kart and to just hang out and waste time. 

We stared at the massive TV screen as my Yoshi led the race. Luke's Baby Mario was in a close second. "You can't catch me Hemmings!" I yelled as I took a sharp turn. "Oh yeah. Watch this," Luke shot back. 

I was confused at what he meant but soon enough I saw a blue shell come and did its job and hit me, letting Luke pass me.

"Take that Hood!" Luke yelled as he drove by, passing the finish line.

"Not fair! That blue shell hit me!" I complained as I passed the finish line, placing second. "You just can't accept the fact that you lost. You're a loser at this game," Luke replied, smirking.

I put my hand over my heart and gasped. "Take that back Luke!"

"Never! It's the truth!" Luke protested. 

"Okay Luke, you asked for this," I warned. Before Luke could process what was happening, I got up and tackled him to the ground. I sat on his stomach and started tickling his sides. He then started to fill the air with his lively laugh.

I could listen to his laugh all day if he let me. His laugh should be on a-...Wait Calum, stop it. You sound like a creep.  

"Why should I?" Luke laughed.

"Because it's not true!" I argued.

"Yes it is."

No it's not."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not."  

Our argument was interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned and stopped tickling Luke. I looked at the caller ID, seeing it was my dad.

"Fine. You win, for now. But this isn't over!" I yelled, standing up as Luke stuck his tongue, blowing out raspberries. I walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. I slid the green button across the screen and put my phone up to my ear.

"Yeah dad?"

"Hey Cal. Are you done with your homework?"

"I didn't get any homework today dad, surprisingly. I was just playing Mario Kart with Luke."

"Alright. Can you go get ready and meet me outside in about...five minutes? I need you to entertain at the restaurant tonight."

"Sure. Can Luke come too? Everyone seemed to liked it when we sang and he played the guitar."

"Yeah of course. Everyone did seem to like it last time when you and Luke entertained together."

"Okay. Luke and I will be out there in a little bit."

I ended the call and walked back into the living to see Luke smiling, texting someone on his phone.

"Seriously? You can't get away from that iPhone for five minutes!" I exclaimed. "It's a nice iPhone, and it's the white one, which is impossible to stay away from," Luke retorted.

"Who were you texting anyway?" I asked. "Maya. She was just waiting for her guitar lesson to start and she texted me," Luke replied. 

I rolled my eyes and shook the thought away, hiding my jealousy.

"Anyway, Luke, my dad called. He wants me to entertain at the restaurant tonight. And you're coming with," I told him. Luke smiled. "Sure. I liked it last time."

"Okay. My dad's going to be here soon so we have to get ready now." 

Luke nodded as he turned off the game and TV and proceeded to slip on his Vans. I went to the bathroom and looked at my black t-shirt and skinny jeans and figured I looked okay. 

I walked downstairs and slipped on my shoes. Niko was sleeping on the living room floor so he wasn't watching me and Luke go, Usually, if Niko were wake, he would find a way to trap me and Luke so we wouldn't be able to leave. Luckily things were easier this time. 

Luke grabbed his guitar and walked outside the door as I walked out after and locked the door. We climbed into my dad's car, a Ford Fusion, and drove off. 

We arrived at the restaurant in no time. My dad parked at the back of the restaurant and turned off the car. I grabbed my bass and climbed out as my dad locked the car.

We walked inside and soon enough there was a group of people there to greet me.

"Hey Cal! Hey Luke!" Al, the main chef, greeted. He was one of the only employees Luke and I have known for awhile so we were always talking.

"Hey Al," we replied, waving. "Anything new happening?" He asked as he flipped something on the massive grill he stood in front of.

I shrugged. "School started yesterday. That's about it."  

"Same. Nothing much now," Luke replied nonchalantly. 

"Interesting. Anyway, Aaron told me you guys are here to entertain, not talk to me. So I'll talk to both of you later," he replied. (Aaron is my dad's name if you're wondering.)

"Alright. See you later Al," Luke replied as I waved to him. Al quickly waved back and turned back to the grill. Everyone else waved and mumbled a 'hello' as I walked by.

We reached the double doors and walked in the dining area. There were brown tables and chairs that filled up the area. Lights lit up the room so there wasn't a single spot that wasn't lit. The walls were made out of brick so it matched the restaurant nicely. And at the very end of the room, was a stage, where I (well sometimes with Luke) usually played and entertained. (A/N Picture of the restaurant on the side >>>>)

The scene itself was normal. People chatting, waiters taking orders, waiters taking out food, and the quiet music playing in the background, which would soon be replaced by me.

Even though I've been here more times than I can count, it was amazing. I still wonder how my dad got enough money to build this place.  

"This place still amazes me, and I've been here more times than I can count," Luke whispered, looking around. I scoffed. "You just spoke my thoughts Luke."

"Well you know what they say. Great minds think alike," Luke insisted. "Yeah, right," I hesitated. Once I said that, Luke and I looked at each other and bursted out into a loud laugh. Luke and I had no where near great minds. 

My dad waved and motioned for us to get on the stage. We nodded and soon enough we was greeted by the usual people that came. We had reached the stage and climbed onto the floor. Luke plugged his guitar into the amp and sat on the stool as I set up microphones and sat in another stool.

"How's everyone doing tonight?" I asked, turning on my microphone. Everyone looked at me and cheered. "Well, it's been awhile since I've been here, with my best friend Calum. And him and his dad managed to drag me here again to play for you guys," Luke said cheekily, as everyone laughed.

"Don't forget the fact that you wanted to come," I pointed out as everyone laughed even more. Luke rolled his eyes. "So what. I like performing with my best friend at his dad's restaurant. It's nice."

"So, we're going to play a couple of songs for you, since all of you liked it when we performed together last time. Then we'll leave you to your food," I told everyone, who had quieted down. 

Luke held up his guitar and started to play the opening chords for 'Next to You'. 

(Luke)

You've got that smile

That only heaven can make

I pray to God everyday

That you keep that smile

(Calum)

Yeah, you are my dream

There's not a thing I won't do

I'll give my life up for you

Cause you are my dream

(Luke)

And baby, everything that I have is yours

You will never go cold or hungry

I'll be there when you're insecure

Let you know that you're always lovely

Girl, cause you are the only thing that I got right now

(Both)

One day when the sky is falling

I'll be standing right next to you

Right next to you

Nothing will ever come between us

I'll be standing right next to you

Right next to you

(Luke)

If you had my child

You would make my life complete

Just to have your eyes on little me

(Calum)

That'd be mine forever

(Calum)

And baby, everything that I have is yours

You will never go cold or hungry

I'll be there when you're insecure

Let you know that you're always lovely

Boy, cause you are the only thing that I got right now

(Both)

One day when the sky is falling

I'll be standing right next to you

Right next to you

Nothing will ever come between us

I'll be standing right next to you

Right next to you

(Luke)

We're made for one another

Me and you

(Calum)

And I have no fear

I know we'll make it through

(Luke)

One day when the sky is falling

(Calum)

I'll be standing right next to you

(Luke)

Ohh ohh ohh ohh

(Both)

One day when the sky is falling

I'll be standing right next to you

Right next to you

Nothing will ever come between us

I'll be standing right next to you

Right next to you

(Both)

Oh yeah

Stand by my side, side, side

When the sky falls down

I'll be there, I'll be there

(Luke)

You've got that smile

That only heaven can make

(Calum)

I pray to God everyday

To keep you forever

(Luke)

Ohh

Luke played the last chord as we stopped singing. Everyone stood and clapped as Luke and I looked at each other and smiled. We looked away from each other and started another song. 

And, at that moment, what I wanted more than anything was for Luke to sing that song to me. 

________

Luke and I had finished 'Lego House' and took in everyone's claps. We bowed, put everything away, and walked off the stage. 

We walked into the kitchen and saw my dad talking with Al. Once they saw us they sent us smiles.

"Cal, Luke, that was probably your best performance yet," my dad said. "Both of you are getting better. I can't wait to see what the future holds for both of you," Al replied.

Luke and I looked at each other and smiled.

"I saw both of you up there. You were both glowing and just looked really happy to be singing together. You look cute together," Al added. 

Al knew that I was gay and that Luke was bisexual so he knew it was okay to say that. 

My eyes widened and my cheeks turned red. I turned away as Luke scratched the back of his head. 

"Al...I have a girlfriend," Luke awkwardly said. 

It was Al's turn to blush. "Oh. Sorry Luke, Cal. The way you both performed tonight just made it seem like both of you were together. My mistake," he replied. "It's alright Al. It happens," I replied.

"But I can see it happening to be hon-" my dad started to say. 

"Dad! We're done with this conversation!" I exclaimed as everyone gave me a weird look. "Okay...anyway Aaron can you tale me home? My mum's expecting me," Luke asked, changing the subject.

My dad nodded and led us out to the car. We all climbed into the car and drove off.

_________

 *A Week Later* 

I dropped into my seat in Chemistry, waiting for class. 

"Hey Cal. Wanna hear a joke Mikey and I found on my phone in class yesterday?" Ashton asked as I turned around to talk to them while watching Luke and Maya walk into the classroom, laughing. "Sure," I replied nonchalantly as they both sat down in front of me.

"Okay. If H20 is the formula for water, what's the formula for ice?" Michael asked. I thought for a moment but gave up and shrugged. "I don't know. What?"

"H20 Cubed!" Ashton exclaimed as him and Michael bursted out into laughter. I smiled and lightly laughed. "That's a good one," I laughed. 

"Mr. Kaiser should seriously give us extra credit for using chemistry jokes," Michael pointed out. "I'm pretty sure if he did, I wouldn't hear the end of your Chemistry jokes," I groaned. "Exactly," Ashton confirmed as Michael gave him a high-five. 

I rolled my eyes and laid my eyes on Luke. There he goes again, making Maya laugh. Whispering cute things into her ear. The way Maya snuggling into his neck. The way Luke laughed. I am almost positive I want their relationship to end.  

Suddenly the bell rang and Peter came running in. 

"Hey," he said, sitting down next to me. "Hey," I replied, sending him a smile. "I heard you and Luke at the restaurant yesterday," he told me, getting his binder out.

"Really? You were there?" I asked.

"Yeah. My dad decided to take out me and my mum because of their absence at home. We ended at your dad's restaurant. I didn't come to say hi or anything because we were busy talking about stuff and eating," he replied.

"It's fine. Luke and I left right after," I told him.

"You both sounded good though," he said.

"Thanks," I replied with a smile.

"You're welcome."

Mr. Kaiser walked in and clapped his hands. "Hello class. Today, we're going to start a project. You will be presenting an element on the Periodic Table. You are expected to explain the element, its background and history, and explain what it is used for today, and why its important. You can choose what element what you want to do. Just tell me when you decide.

The project can be in any form, but you have to be able to present it to the class. This will be due next Thursday with presentations happening on Friday. You will be working with your table partners for this project.

Today is one of your three workdays, so you'll need to work on this outside of class. Work," Mr. Kaiser explained as the whole class started to talk again. 

Peter turned to me and smiled. "So..I was thinking we could do Gold," he told me.

"That's fine. Gold seems like a nice element," I replied.

"And I was thinking...we could work on this outside of class. So...could you come over today after school so we could work on it?" Peter asked me. "What about practice?" I asked, confused. "Practice is cancelled today. Coach is sick," Peter quickly replied. 

I nodded. "Okay. I'll follow you to your house after school." 

Peter smiled just as the bell rang. I walked out to get to my locker and make my way to Peter's house.

___________

Peter helped me out of my car and we walked inside to see no one home. 

"Where is everyone?" I asked. "Right after dinner last night, they had to leave again to catch another flight," Peter explained.

"What are your parents' jobs?" I asked. "They're business workers. They're always flying around to different places for meetings.

"And what about siblings?" I asked. "I don't have any siblings, but my aunt comes and checks on me," Peter replied.

"You don't even have a dog to keep you company? Usually my dog, Niko, jump all over me when it's just me and him," I pointed out. 

He shook his head. "Nope. Just my pet rabbit, Apricot." 

I raised an eyebrow. "What? Real men have a girl rabbit named Apricot," Peter said in defense. I lightly laughed. "I suppose so." 

We got to his room and closed the door. We sat down on the floor as I took out my stuff. Peter had sat down next to me, like really close to me. 

I didn't really think much about it though. 

"So...where should we start?" Peter asked. "Maybe just on the basics. Like what Gold is," I replied. Peter nodded and got up to grab his laptop. He opened it and we started research. 

Peter researched as I wrote down notes. We figured we'd gather information first then put it all on a poster. It seemed easier that way. 

"Gold is a good electricity and heat conductor. It is malleable, soft, dense, and is usually used for jewelry because of it's bright yellow color," Peter read off of some website we were on. 

"That sounds good. It's a basic fact, so it can tell everyone what gold's properties are," I replied. He nodded and wrote down the fact down in my notebook.

I looked over the pages of notes we wrote down over the past hour. "I think we have enough notes for our poster," I told him. He looked over and read through the notes. "Yeah that seems right. "Okay. I should probably go home for dinner," I told him, putting my stuff in my backpack.

Peter nodded. "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Okay. See you tomorrow," I replied, shutting the door to his bedroom. 

I walked out the front door and climbed into my car.

I started the car and drove home.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 965 59
When Luke hears the truth about his lifestyle it releases something dangerous, sending him down a deadly spiral towards his death. But when he is pla...
50.8K 8.1K 136
365 memories for every day that you are away. Or, an afraid, doubtful Luke counts down the days until Calum comes home. (lol I'm giving up 365 chapte...
69.9K 1.6K 22
❝You like that Princess?❞ ❝Yes, Daddy.❞ ...
20.4K 436 10
Where luke becomes harsh towards Michael after finding of their baby but Ashton and Calum become softer. Or Where Luke doesn't approve of the famil...