Deal With the Devil | ✔️

By WeAreOk

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT AND THERE ARE GRAMMAR MISTAKES I pushed at his chest, but it was us... More

New Story
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
IMPORTANT
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
A/N
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter Eight

516K 17.5K 7.5K
By WeAreOk

Real quick question! Do you guys want me to post a cast? Or do you prefer to imagine the characters on your own? I'm always iffy about this when it comes to stories. Let me know in the comments! ALSO thank you guys so much for the reads and votes. I appreciate you all!

Another night of me not recognizing myself. Melanie had done my make up beautifully, my dark red lipstick compliments my silver gown. It was beautiful and hit to the floor. It was fitted around the waist but was looser and flowy towards the bottom.

I walked downstairs and opened the door to his office. He was sitting at his computer before looking over at me. His eyes immediately clouded as he shamelessly looked over me.

"Come on, Knight, quit gawking we have a gala to attend." I teased with a smirk.

He had a smirk of his own now. "I don't think I can quit." His voice low and husky. "You sound very eager considering we're announcing our engagement."

I narrowed my eyes at him. I had completely forgot we were doing that! But I shrugged, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of my reaction. "Fine by me, I'll go back upstairs and watch Netflix."

"I can think of a lot of different things we could do besides go to this gala." He said suggestively.

Now I was blushing. "Let's go," I nearly whined, trying to stop the inevitable flirting between the two of us. It's no secret Alexander was handsome just as much as he is charming. I knew I'd have to watch myself to not be fooled by the persona. This next year was going to be difficult and I would be forcing myself to keep in mind that this is all just a game.

He chuckled as he got up, following me to the front door. "You look stunning," he said while putting his black suit jacket on.

"Thank you, you don't look half bad yourself."

The car pulled up to Diana's mansion and stopped at the curved driveway where someone opened the car door for us. As Alexander got out, he held a hand for me to take, but I got out of my own without taking it. I seemed to dislike the lack of response as he placed his hand on the small of my back and began pulling us forward and up the stairs.

The doors to the home opened and it was decorated to the nines. There were over a hundred people here, all wealthy beyond belief. The waiters and waitresses all walked around with trays of appetizers and drinks.

Alexander grabbed the two martinis as a woman with a tray walked by. He turned to hand the drinks over to me.

Please don't have tequila, I thought as I took a sip. I'll never forget my dad's Fourth of July party when I was seventeen. A bunch of my friends came over later that day after their family parties were over and since all the adults were drunk now we snuck the remaining bottle of tequila and emptied it. I'd never been so drunk or so hung over that next morning.

"Don't hate me," He said, looking down at me.

"Too late," I tried to joke, but by his facial expression, he thought I was serious. "I'm kidding. What is it?"

He instantly perked up at my words. "We have to sit with Diana and Dimitri."

I groaned and glanced over to the table where they were already sitting. "Does Dimitri always looks like someone killed his dog or is he only like that around me?"

Alexander laughed. "No, he always looks like that. I don't think I've ever seen the man smile."

"Me neither,"

"That's saying a lot," he said, probably assuming that I actually knew the guy more than just an acquaintance.

I shook my head. "Not really. This is actually only the third time I've met him."

His eyes widened in surprise. "Really?"

I nodded, but before I could continue, a plump older man was greeting Alexander with a firm handshake.

"Alexander, how are you?" He asked, sounding very cheerful.

Alexander returned the shake and seemed genuinely happy to be talking to him. "Very good, this is Anastasia." He introduces me. "Ana, this is Raymond, my uncle."

I gave a smile and was about to reach my hand out but was immediately engulfed in his arms. "Nice to meet you, Anastasia." He pulled away, looking between the two of us with a smirk that apparently ran in the family. "Alexander here doesn't really bring ladies around. For a while we had bets going on if he was gay."

I laughed and looked to see Alexander scowling, which only made me laugh harder. "Sometimes I still wonder that myself." I said, his uncle laughing once again.

Alexander quickly leaned down. "Let me get rid of those doubts for you when we get home." He said huskily for only me to hear.

The blush was back...

I cleared my throat and his uncle luckily was too distracted with laughing to realize Alexander had said anything to me.

We talked with him for a few more minutes before moving onto other conversations. How he spoke to so many people without looking bored was beyond me. I'd grown incredibly bored by the fourth conversation. I tried to walk away numerous times, but Alexander always brought me back before I could.

Not soon enough, we were sitting at the table with other couples, including Diana and her husband.

"Put this on," Alexander whispered to me while putting a silver ring banded with diamonds on my ring finger. My eyes nearly fell out from how wide they were now. This ring was huge! I looked like I was wearing the damn diamond mine on my finger.

"How romantic," I sarcastically said.

He smirked. "I am actually,"

I lifted my hand, wiggling the ring finger. "Clearly,"

He grabbed my hand quickly in his, putting it down before anyone had the chance to see it. "So eager to show everyone." He said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and took my hand from him.

After the speaker at the front of the room was done announcing all the charities and where the proceeds go to, Alexander had stood up.

This was it...

This suddenly felt more real than it had before. We'd actually be getting married and everyone would know. It would no longer be our little secret.

"I'm Alexander Knight, as many of you know." He began, not really needing to introduce himself. "I have an announcement to make and I hope we can all celebrate tonight." He held his champagne flute and then turned to me.

Everyone was looking.

He smiled down at me and gave me a wink. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes since there was basically an audience. "This lovely woman, Anastasia Marie Rivera, had agreed to marry me and make me the happiest man in the world." Well the first part is true.

Everyone clapped and many 'aws' were let out.

"We've kept our relationship secret for too long and I couldn't be happier to share this with you all." He finished, suddenly putting his glass down and grabbing both my hands to pull me up.

"Don't hate me," he murmured for the second time tonight, quietly for only me to hear.

Before I had a chance to react his lips were on mine in a full blown kiss. I didn't have a chance to react before he pulled away, now wrapping an arm around my waist. The sensation of his lips on mine was still there and even though it was brief, I could tell he was a great kisser.

I shouldn't even be thinking of that!

Or how soft his lips were...

Why am I like this?!

We smiled for the many pictures that were being taken before sitting back down in our seats.

"Congratulations, Alexander and Anastasia." One of the woman from across the table said.

"Thank you," He said for the both of us. I just gave a small smile.

Alexander did all the talking throughout the night, which I was more than grateful for. I didn't even know what to say to them when they asked how long we've been seeing each other. He had made up a story, saying he met me at one of Diana's family get together last year.

I could laugh at how far that was from the truth. If people only knew...

I was in the bathroom, fixing up my makeup and basically pulling myself together. My hands were on the counter, holding me up as I leaned forward.

The door opened and I glanced at the mirror to see it was only my mother. I ignored her and started applying powder to my nose.

"Everyone believes everything." She said in a happy tone.

I didn't say anything and went to reapplying my lipstick.

"Anastasia, don't be childish." She tried to scold.

I narrowed my eyes at her through the mirror. "What do you want?" I asked her bitterly.

"I want my daughter to talk to me."

I let out a 'ha' in the most non humorous way. "Funny, you haven't wanted to talk to me in over ten years." I turned to face her.

She winced slightly at my words. "You could have talked to me."

"Why would I reach out to someone that clearly has no love for me?" I questioned before brushing past her and out the door. I left because I could feel the tears swell in my eyes and once I started crying I couldn't stop.

I tried my best to dry my eyes as I walked back over to Alexander and he looked over at me, his smile quickly falling. "Whats wrong?" He asked.

I shook my head, not answering.

"Ana, you're flushed and your eyes are red. You're either on drugs or upset."

He made me laugh my lightly, even through my sadness. "I'm fine," I tried to say, but my voice quivered.

"Let's leave," He said. He wrapped an arm around my waist and began walking out.

"Don't you have to say goodbye?" I asked.

He shrugged. "They'll live without a farewell from me."

We got into the SUV and drove back to his home. I felt relieved the moment I was out of that place.

"What's wrong?" Alexander asked.

I sighed and shook my head. "It's nothing,"

"Ana," His voice tender and he seemed to genuinely care. "please tell me."

"It's just Diana," I said. I looked over to him and his eyes were soft as he looked over my face.

"Whatever she said, don't listen to her. She's always been a cold woman."

I gave a small smile and reached for his hand, squeezing it lightly. I took it back before he had a chance to hold on. "Thank you,"

We arrived soon back at penthouse and I was about to go to bed before he called out for me.

"Yes?"

"Want some hot tea?" He offered.

I nodded. "Yes, but let me go change. I'll be right back." I said before walking up to the room.

I took off my heels and the jewelry I had on. I wiped most of my makeup on and threw my hair in a bun. I reached for the zipper of my dress and pull it down until it stopped about mid back. Typically I'd be able to shimmy out of a dress if I couldn't get it unzipped fully, but this one was too form fitting.

I continued to reach from behind and above, bending every which way I possibly could.

A small knock came from the door. "Ana, I brought you the tea."

Shit.

"Um, hold on." I called out, still fumbling around like an idiot.

"Is everything okay?" He asked after a moment.

"Just peachy," I whispered to myself. "I can't get this stupid dress off." I said.

"Do you need my help?" He offered, instantly making me blush at the idea.

"No, no I'll get it off eventually." I declined. He was the last person I would let help me now.

"Come on, I won't look."

I groaned and my arms fell to my sides in defeat. I walked over to the door and Alexander was leaning against the frame with the mug in his hand.

What a sigh for sore eyes.

"Alright, help me." I said, defeated.

He gestured for me to turn around, with a smirk of course. I did so, narrowing my eyes at him before doing so.

His close proximity clouded my mind and I could see him behind me from the mirror on the wall across from me. His tall frame towered over me, even in this dim light i could see the definition of his toned arms. He was beyond handsome and there was no denying it.

I felt his warm finger tips graze the skin on my back, nearly causing me to gasp. I knew what he was doing. He purposefully unzipped it as slow as he could, especially over my behind.

"Alexander," I warned.

He chuckled from behind me. I could feel his warm breath fan the side of my face and neck. "One should be very careful with a dress such as this one." His voice was low and sexy.

I rolled my eyes. "Unzip the damn thing."

I felt him tug slightly, signally he'd gotten to the end. I turned, holding the dress to my chest. "Thank you, you can go now." I said.

He smirked. "Need help taking anything else off?"

"No!" I snapped. "Out!" I pointed at the door and he laughed while exiting. I could hear him as I shut the door.

That handsome bastard...

Hi guys! Yes, another note lol. Ok so you probably noticed that I put pictures into to basically illustrate the story. Do you guys like that? Should I continue? Let me know! Because if you don't I totally don't have to. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 1.2K 37
You ever wanted something so much, but you know it's bad for you, so you try and you try not to want it, but that need for it only grows stronger? We...
3M 77.7K 41
Hailey is hired by her ruthless, cold, and Sexy boss who is also wealthy Mr. Valerian. He is used to getting his way with girls, any girl. But Hailey...
1.6K 34 33
❗️Mature❗️ The weight of his fingers inside the wet mess in my core made me lose control, I didn't even know my body could do things like that. He we...
442 21 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...