We're In a Team (IF and Compa...

By Starblaster2000

WARNING BEFORE YOU START READING: This is a story that is, essentially, a story about the writer, me, "hookin... More

Prologue (5 years ago)
The Awakening (Present day)
The Return (3 hours later)
The Past (4 hours later)
I Have To Go Back (2 weeks later)
What Happened? (2 days later)
Mutiny
Hidden Love (2 months later)
How do I handle this?! (1 week later)
Alive Still?
Brute Force (2 months later)
Judgement (9 months later)
Death Is Avoidable!
This Is No Mistake (2 weeks later)(Lemon Warning)

Fly (6 years later)

351 8 0
By Starblaster2000

Log 8-6_B'40...PLAY

It feels great to step outside now, it's amazing to know that this amazing feeling is what I'm going to be feeling for the rest of my existence. These two at my side, Compa and IF, are the most important people of my life. We now protect Gamindustri as a whole. No longer under any oppression by the enemy, because there are none. Now we stay alongside our brothers and sisters and keep the peace. I always believed that we would someday have a sunrise worth looking at through our morning windows. But now it's even more beautiful than I could imagine. Even in this moment of bliss however, we must honor those who have fallen for the sake of the nation. Scratch, you will be remembered and I promise, I will make sure your owlets are raised with strength and care. Now I must go, my own children call.

OPENING JPG FILE...DONE

Updated: 6 seconds ago

------------------------------------------------USER DISCONNECT---------------------------------------------

Logan P.O.V.

-"Alright you two, what is it?" I asked.

-"Daddy? What did you do when you were younger?" Angela asked me in her soft voice.

-"Well you see Angela, I fought...I fought for us, everything you see around you. I made sure that I used my powers to protect the people of not just Planeptune, but all of Gamindustri." I said.

-"Whoooooooa. Awesome! Did you beat up the bad guys?" Anthony asked me, booming with energy as always.

-"Yes son, I did. Everyone who dared to threaten the peace of Gamindustri or your mothers. They were some real bad guys. I made sure to be strong going through it." I said.

-"Will we be as strong as you Daddy?" Angela asked.

-"Yes Angela, you will. You too Ant." I said.

They were Praetorians like myself. They were destined to be protectors as I was before. They may not understand, but unlike my father, I plan to give a full explanation when the time comes. I haven't heard from my father ever since he left us. By now, I can only presume his demise has fallen upon him. I will remember the duty he has made me uphold and I will run through flames, ice and hell itself to keep the final promise I made to him. For now though, where's Compa and IF?

-"Kids? Do you know where your mothers are?" I asked.

-"Don't know, they left a while ago, told us not to...tell you...whoops." Ant said, letting words escape him.

-"They said they'd be back at 7." Angela said calmly.

I looked at the clock, it was 6:30...guess I'll wait. Besides, it's about time to feed the little owlets. I walk into the room where Stella, Scratch's widow, was tending to her owlets. Until they can fly, they'll live in our house. It's nice and open in their room. With a few renovations, it has multiple climbable platforms and plenty of open air coming in through the massive window that I mainly keep open so Stella can head out if she needs. Something's different though...she's not flying to me when I entered.

-"Hey, Stella." I said, getting her attention.

She definitely acknowledged I was in the room but she seemed rather inactive, choosing to climb around the room instead of fly. There's no way she's too old to fly already, she's still a young adult. I went closer and was greeted with a low tuned hoo. She was sad...for good reason too. A single, widowed mother raising four little owlets. She needed some alone time right now, a little fly around the nation should be enough to at least get her mind off it. I got Stella up onto my wrist and brought her outside. I helped her get a little speed before thrusting my arm upwards to kick start her flight and off she went.

-"Just come back when you're feeling better, Stella." I said to myself.

I went back inside to see that IF and Compa had returned. They were with the kids.

-"Oh, Mommy! I kept it a secret from daddy!" Angela said in her still soft, yet excited voice.

-"That's great, Angela. Thank you." Compa said to her.

-"I...might have...said a bit too much." Ant said, his honesty kicking in.

-"It's okay, Anthony. Just try a little harder next time, please, for me?" IF asked Ant.

-"Okay! I'll be like a ninja next time!" Ant said.

IF smiled at him before standing up next to Compa in front of me. They looked like they wanted to say something, but didn't know how to deliver it.

-"Where have you two been?" I asked lightheartedly.

-"We...um..." Compa said nervously, not sure if she should even say it.

-"Logan...we were with your father." IF said.

-"What?! Where is he? How is he? Is he alright? Does he still remember me?!" I said in a panic, learning this revelation.

-"Logan...he's dead. That's why he called us. He wanted us to give this to you." Compa said, starting to rummage through her bag.

He actually went and did it...cheeky bastard.

-"Wait...he called you to give something to me? Seems a little counterproductive of him." I said.

-"He said it would, 'make it a bit more special' if we were the ones to give it to you. No idea why...we haven't even opened it yet." IF said.

Compa finally got the item out of her bag and handed it to me. There was a note on the packaging. It read:

𝒫𝓇𝒶𝑒𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝐿𝑜𝑔𝒶𝓃,
𝐼 𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓊𝓃.
𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝑜𝓃.
𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓋𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓃𝑒.
𝐹𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒶 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓃𝑔𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓇𝓊𝓃.
𝒩𝑜𝓌 𝐼 𝓁𝒶𝓎, 𝒹𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝒾𝓇.
𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉, 𝐼 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝓃𝑜 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓅𝒶𝒾𝓇.
𝒪𝒻 𝓂𝓎 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓋𝑜𝓁𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃, 𝐼 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝑒𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓉 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒.
𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇.
𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝐼 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝒻 𝐼 𝒹𝒾𝑒,
𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝓈𝓅𝓇𝓎.
𝒜𝓈 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝑒𝒸𝓉𝑒𝒹.

𝒴𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒, 𝐿𝑜𝑔𝒶𝓃. 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓈, 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒.
𝒫𝓇𝒶𝑒𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝒶𝓁𝓁.

By the maker...these are his final written words. I'll keep them in my brain for as long as I live. I set the poem down and turned my attention to the package. It was a fairly large package, fitting in both my hands. It was sphere shaped and was emanating a sort of humming sound. I opened the package and I was soon holding what resembled some sort of...power core?

Strange, what would I need this for? The color certainly was pretty but other than that, there was no obvious use. I looked around and saw an engraving on one of the sides. "Give this to Stella, she'll know what to do" it said. Stella was out now, I'd have to wait for her to return.

-"A...ball? What for?" IF asked.

-"It says to give it to Stella, I wonder why though." I said.

-"Maybe it's important to her?" Compa asked.

-"We can't say anything for certain, we'll have to wait." I said.

Just at that moment, I heard the distinct call from Stella getting closer. Seems like she wasn't out for long. She flew in the window and landed on my wrist. To my surprise, as soon as she took the time to look at the core for a few seconds, she grabbed it from my hands and flew out the window again. I knew that I had to follow her, this was important.

-"IF, Compa! Get the kids in the truck, I'll get the owlets!" I said, rushing in the owlets room.

I heard Compa, IF, Ant and Angela hurry outside as I got down on one knee.

-"Come on little guys, we're going on an adventure." I said, gathering them one by one until they were all perched on my shoulders.

I got outside and saw the other four in the truck. I got in and made the owlets get off my shoulders and into IF and Compa's laps. I drove, following Stella wherever she went. Eventually, she led us out to the grasslands of Planeptune, near where the graveyards are in this part of the nation. Eventually, Stella arrived at one particular grave site and we all got out of the truck. Scratch's grave was more statue than headstone. Stella was perched on the head of the stone Scratch with the core being held by her beak. The owlets returned to my shoulders.

-"Stella? What's going on?" I said, trying to get her attention.

We started inching closer, Stella eyeing us intensely. Suddenly, as I took one step closer, she shot up into the air at full speed. She flew higher and higher until she was almost too far for us to see. Then she started diving, plummeting towards the ground.

-"Brace!" I said, knowing she was gonna drop the core.

I covered the owlets and ducked when Stella dropped the core and swooped upwards, using the full extent of her wings. The core shattered on the ground into pieces but there was no explosion as we expected. Instead, a sort of blue gas escaped the ball and started being absorbed by the...ground? All of us watched in anticipation, waiting for what would happen. Stella was circling the statue. Eventually, a beam of light fired out of the dirt where Scratch's body was buried. Very suddenly, I saw the hero himself, Scratch burst out through the dirt and into the air, wings extending fully outwards, revealing his true wingspan of 200 centimeters...It was beautiful.

-"Scratchy!" Ant shouted with excitement.

Scratch went to fly with Stella for a while...makes sense. He then noticed me, out of the corner of his eye, with his owlets and flew down to land on my wrist. The five owls on me started staring at each other, Stella joining in eventually. They were happy and so was I. I had to get all this weight off me though...

3 HOURS LATER

Well, thoughts flow through my head about the oncoming life headed straight for me. The only easy day is every day from now on. With IF and Compa at my sides while cuddling in bed, I drifted off to sleep as my legacy continued.

THE END

Credits:

Author: Starblaster2000

Revisor: Someone whom I've come to trust over the years called G. Nazi Industries

Special Thanks:
My family
G. Nazi Industries
enewel02
(Guys, you've probably already guessed by now, but there's not many people that I can put into the 'Special Thanks' area anymore because none of you are actually doing anything. Just any sort of feedback would be appreciated. Even if it's just 'meh' in the comments, I'll see it. And right now, the comment section in every part is pretty dead. Just making the comment section a bit more lively would be very much appreciated!)

Inspired by:
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Blizzard's Overwatch animated short, Rise and Shine
Far Cry Primal
Team Fortress 2
Transformers
My brain

A big thanks to all the creators of every picture I used for this story!

A/N:

Guys, I feel as if you don't care anymore what I do. There are practically no comments coming in anymore, no community interaction and I feel as if I'm not doing anything important anymore. When I write a part, I write it in anticipation of what the readers are going to say, not to just sit by and watch the numbers go up. I care about the people who follow me more than you know. I just with there was a bit more interaction. That being said, I'm not done yet. I still have one idea left, but only one. If you guys could give me any more ideas for stories, it would be immensely appreciated, even if I don't follow through with your idea, I'll still be flattered knowing that you care enough about what I do to give input. Anyway, I've rambled long enough and said all I wanted to. So until next time everyone and remember...Keep on blastin' those stars my friends!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 84 10
You know, I looked back on those younger years of mine with an avid fascination. I look back and just reminisce on those years. About that young lady...
12.9K 134 31
You were an everyday otaku who enjoyed playing through Hyper Dimension and Kingdom Hearts. One day, you were summoned to the world of Gamindustri and...
31.1K 150 21
Another reader insert that takes place after the harem option of the previous story, Hyperdimension: A Thief's Tale. Fun times await our Y/n.
12K 123 14
WARNING BEFORE YOU START READING: This is a story that is, essentially, a story about the writer, me, "hooking up" with Neptune from Hyperdimension N...