The Blackmail® [Complete]

By Redstiletos

"I could pay you much more." He said quietly, his piercing blue eyes saying the opposite. "Oh yes you will... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four (Ovian's POV)
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thrity
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Thirty-one

932 38 1
By Redstiletos

It was the evening before Lahran's opening of the King's Chapel. The whole palace was alive with activities towards its opening. I still wasn't sure if the renovation of a chapel was an achievement. Apparently, in the mind of Lahran Lancaster it was. But as I have come to realize, royalty has to be indulged. You have to let them be as foolish as they want.

As for I and Ovian we are getting there. Although, he hasn't been around since the day after my appearance before the council, he has been in touch. A message here, a call there. He was due to be back tonight so he can also attend his brother's 'achievement'. Earlier on in the day, I and Taylor had gone shopping and gotten some new dresses and the works.

We had spent hours trying them on and laughing at our foolishness. I had sent my assistant home early, soon after we had finished discussing our plans for the Singles' Ball on Festival weekend.

I was walking back to my quarters, from Taylor's, when I met Lahran on the way. He was looking quite handsome and smug. Like there was something he knew that I didn't. I was actually hoping it may be good news about his father, until he opened his mouth.

"I have the annulment papers ready, Princess."

I stopped and glared at him for a few seconds before walking swiftly into my rooms. I attempted to close the door in his face but he put his foot in.

"I think you will need to hear what I have to say first." He said, still smug. I let go of the door and allowed him in.

He walked in and sat on the couch, then patted the seat beside him for me to sit. When I didn't respond because I was fuming. He said, "Please," and patted the couch again.

I reluctantly sit down and cross my legs. I was wearing a yellow short shift dress that I casually wear around the house or to Taylor's place. As I crossed my legs, it rode up much higher than was appropriate, showing my smooth white thighs, so I uncrossed my legs and sat up straight instead. The whole time I was doing all this, Lahran's eyes never left my legs or thighs. Which made me uncomfortable but I stood my ground and willed his eyes back onto my face.

He smiled. "You are a beautiful woman Princess. A true princess. You are smart, intelligent, mouthy, everything I love about a woman. It's a pity that when you came back from that facility, that you went to find Ovian instead me who is the heir apparent. You were promised to me. I can't still fathom why you would choose a mere prince to a king. But that's what I love about you. You are not materialistic or power hungry. You will make a great wife and queen for my kingdom. I want someone as strong as you, who is not afraid to say what she means, who can hold her own no matter what. And that is why I want to give you this annulment document to present to Ovian as soon as you can, so we can be together. We can have our marriage the same day with our coronation." He finished. All the while he was talking, I realized that this man in his warped way was actually in love with me. If I am going to tell him off, I will have to do it wisely.

"Are you through"? I asked him.

He nodded.

I began to talk to him like I'm talking to a mentally challenged child. "Lahran, I appreciate all that you have said and sincerely, I am overjoyed that I have someone like you by my side." I said slowly. "Someone I can trust and lean on for support. But you are like a brother to me. I don't love you in the way you love me. Moreover, I and Ovian are working out our issues. And no matter what happens, we will make our marriage work."

"Hmmm." He scoffed. "Ovian will get back to his mistress. It's in his DNA to have them. If it's not Alex, he can easily find another. Don't you see I will never hurt you like that!"

This guy does have dire issues and my patience was wearing thin. "Even if Ovian finds another mistress or gets back with Alex, I will deal with it if it happens. Because, as far as I'm concerned, its not enough excuse to annul our marriage."

He was quiet for a bit, then he faced me, "Another thing I love and hate about you is your stubbornness. And I had a feeling you will need some motivation." He paused. What is he talking about now? I thought.

"How badly do you want to be on the Council?"

"You know I need it badly." I say, wondering where this was going.

His eyes hardened, "Then get Ovian to sign the annulment papers else, I will not approve your admittance into the Council of Seven when I am king. In fact, if you do not cooperate, I will make it my lifetime project to destroy everything you have done so far for your cause." He finished, menacingly.

I gasped. I just couldn't form words in my head. Scratch that! I couldn't form words that did not translate to me bashing his head against the arm of the couch. I sincerely wanted to dig my nails into his face and gouge his eyes out. I was that mad.

Oh my! I concentrated on my breathing and desperately searched for a wise way to go about this nonsense.

"So make up your mind Princess." He continued. "I have even taken Alex into my custody so you can use her as proof of his infidelity. In case Ovian gives you a hard time, you will present her as evidence."

"What?! What did you say?"

"I said I have Alex." He informed me again.

"You have Alex, as in Ovian's former mistress?"

"Former? Oh princess, for such a smart girl, you are naive at times." He smirked.

"Wait! Hold up, how did you find her?" This was getting weirder and weirder.

"Well, I've had someone following her and her housekeeper was helping me keep tabs on her for me. Therefore, I knew when she started packing to run away. I simply had my men pick her up."

Trying to calm my racing heart, I asked, "Where is she now?"

"You don't need to worry about that. She's where no one can ever find her. Not even Ovian, as resourceful as he is."

I shook my head. Lahran was making my head spin. I could barely take in everything that was unfolding before me. That means Ovian doesn't have Alex and Lahran is the reason, I haven't heard from her since. I didn't know what to make of that, a blessing or a problem?

Suddenly, Lahran moved close to me. I immediately got up so I could put more distance between myself and this crazy man before me. But he caught my hand instantly and pulled me roughly back on to the couch and climbed on top of me. My protests and shouts did not deter him. I even tried bringing my leg against his groin but he dodged that as well.

His mouth was pressed hard against my mouth while his hand held my hands above my head. "Don't fight me Princess. I want to show you how much I love you." He grunted over my mouth. I tried using my knees again but it was futile. Oh God! The heir apparent is going to rape me. Who would even believe that I didn't want it? Tears sprang to my eyes, as his tongue found it's way into my mouth. I was about to bite down hard on it, when I felt him get off me.

Actually, to my utmost relief, it was Ovian who had pulled him off me and threw him across the room. He crashed into my small office in the corner. Ovian then came to me, asking if I was okay. As soon as he confirmed that I was okay, he got up and went after his brother. Vaguely, I knew that if I let him do what he intended to do, Ovian will spend the rest of his life in jail for murder.

I quickly rush after him. "Ovian! Ovian! Let him go!" Shouting, I grabbed his hand. "Please, he is not worth it! Please, let him go!" 

The idiot, instead of just leaving, began to taunt Ovian. "I dare you to come at me brother. I will make sure you rot in jail! And then I will have your wife!" He snarled.

Ovian took another menancing step towards him, I stepped in between them. "Please Ovian, don't listen to him. Look at me," I said and pulled his face towards me. Ovian turned towards me and ran a gentle hand down my face to clean my tears. Then kissed my forehead and walked into our bedroom, leaving I and Lahran alone.

"I am disgusted in you Lahran. And to think you are the kind of person that will govern this kingdom. You are a disgrace to your family."

"Princess-"

"Shut up!" I screamed. "You are so sick! I can't even begin to imagine that you were going to rape me!"

His face registered horror. "I could never do that to you Princess! I just wanted a taste of what Ovian-"

"Exactly! You are always wanting what Ovian wants. Why can't you find your own?! I wish there was somewhere else I could live just so I don't have to see your face ever again! Now get your filth out of here before I take a picture of how you look right now and show the whole kingdom who you really are. Maybe, it can keep you from becoming king."

At that last sentence, he straightened himself and arranged his shirt. He glared at me for a few more seconds then said, "Since you have decided to be with my brother, you will have to forfeit all that you have worked for because there's no way you are getting on that council without my say so." And he walked out.

I will sort that out when we get to that bridge, I thought as I walked quickly into our bedroom and found Ovian pacing.

"Is he gone?" His eye were gleaming in anger.

I nodded and ran to him. I wrap my arms about him. "I am so sorry Ovian. I should have listened to you."

He wraps his arms around me. "It's okay. I always knew who he was. Only I didn't know he had gotten so rotten."

"I am sorry. I am so sorry..." I raised my head and look into his eyes.

He looked down at me, caressing my cheek. "If only you know how much I want you." Then he said, "I love you, Tania."

My eyes widen. "I... don't know what to say!"

"Tell me you love me too." He murmured against my mouth.

I stiffened. Then I pulled out of his embrace. "Ovian...I..."

"I am sorry..." He began.

"I know! I know! This past few weeks has shown me but I can't still get past it. I...want to forget. But..."

He took me into his arms again. And I leaned into him. I realised I was afraid. Afraid to commit myself to him. Letting him know I loved him was like giving him licence to hurt me again.

He began kissing my neck and moved to my mouth. I moaned against his mouth, savouring his taste. I have missed this man. I thought as his hand slipped under my dress.

We couldn't take off our clothes fast enough. Immediately, he cleared everything on my dressing table and lifted me onto it. I spread my legs, waiting for him as he pulled me to him and entered me without delay.

My need for this man was palpable. I clung to his shoulders, my nails digging into his neck. His tongue was inside my mouth doing the same thing his hips were doing. Thrust after thrust, I was coming so close to exploding. My back was hitting the wall behind me and my ass had come off the table. Ovian raised my hips and kept pounding away.

All of a sudden, the world came crashing down around me, with me screaming his name. And with one last thrust, he came, his head buried in my hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 10.6K 54
Nathan Thompson is the CEO of his company Thompson Co . He is an arrogant , mean and cocky person. He gets that from his father . On New Year's Ev...
1.4M 35.4K 47
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
234K 7.1K 25
Ranking #998 in Romance Ranking #430 in Adultfiction Tommy Will Black, have money, girls, everyone afraid of him. Egoistic, merciless, arrogant, if h...
13K 422 57
HE is Gorgeous, filthy rich, powerful, arrogant and a snob. HE hate blabby and stupid people. SHE is simple, brave, modest and the hero of the power...