The Blackmail® [Complete]

By Redstiletos

"I could pay you much more." He said quietly, his piercing blue eyes saying the opposite. "Oh yes you will... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four (Ovian's POV)
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Thrity
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Twenty-nine

889 30 0
By Redstiletos

Day three came upon me with my heart beating wildly against my chest. I hadn't slept early or well. The King's doctors said the king had a few weeks or days to live. He had had a severe heart attack and it was only a matter of time before he died. Ovian had been so distraught, I had to sit with him until almost the early hours of the morning. Then when I managed to catch some sleep, I found Alex in my dreams dragging a doll with me.

I shuddered as I remember the dream. Today is the third day and she hasn't sent the details. Oh well, its still early.

As I drag myself out of bed, I wondered where Ovian was. He hadn't slept in the bed with me. I put on my robe and went to look for him and found him spread out on the chair. I looked at him for a moment, feeling sorry for him. I went to his side and crawled into the narrow couch. I felt him stir. I knew he was surprised but he moved further into the chair to give me space and pulled me close.

"Are you okay?" I ask, my hand lost inside his shirt.

"I am now." He said and groaned at my touch. "What are you doing?"

"Comforting you?" I smiled sweetly. "Should I stop?"

"No, God no. I love to be comforted." He chuckled and kissed my forehead. And we both slept off like that.

The clearing of a throat was what woke us up. To be more precise, the clearing of Lahran's throat. Because of the cramped space that we had made our bed, our bodies had become sore. We slowly disengaged and got up. I left them there to go to the bathroom.

When I got out, I found that my phone was blinking telling me I had either missed a call or I had a text message. I quickly went to it and found out that Alex had sent the address of where and when I was to meet her and give her the money while she gives me the proof she has. I texted back that I had the money and will bring it at the time she had stipulated. I sighed and left my phone to find something to wear from the closet.

Seconds later, I heard my name.

"Tania!" I ran out of the closet, afraid that something had happened again. I found Ovian waving my phone at me. "What is this?" He asked showing me Alex's message.

I was numb.

"Who are you giving money to? Answer me Tania."

"I wasn't supposed to tell you... I was afraid..." I was saying incoherently.

"What were you not supposed to tell me? Tania talk to me. Is somebody threatening you?"

I nodded.

"Somebody from your past?"

I look into his eyes, "Somebody from your past."

"Who? Nobody knows... Alex?"

I nodded again.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" He shouted.

"She said she would release the proofs she has to the press. I couldn't risk it. I just had to do something. She came at me during the launch and said I had taken you away from her and that she wants twenty million dollars to leave us alone."

A string of expletives flowed from his mouth. His whole body was reverbrating with anger. I don't think I've ever seen him this angry before. "So you were going to give her twenty million dollars?!"

"She has proof!"

"She has no proof! She was playing you!" He raked his fingers through his hair. "I can't believe this."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I buried your past Tania. Except for your first name, I made sure nothing from your past is out there for anyone to find."

"I didn't know. I was just so scared." I mumbled into my hands. He sighed and pulled me close. "Its alright. I will fix it."

I pull away and look at him. "What are you going to do?"

"Don't worry. Do you trust me?"

Those five letter words that I have come to dread. But surprisely, I found myself nodding my head. I do trust him. He had said it was over with Alex and it was true. He had given me space and still supported me by giving money when I asked.

"What were you looking for on my phone?" I ask him.

"I wasn't snooping," he said, "I was looking for your assistant's number. So I can tell her to take the day off."

"Why?"

"We want to keep the news of my father's health quiet for now. Probably until he goes. We don't want up starters getting any ideas. So the less people who know..."

"Yes, that's true."

"That was what Lahran came to tell us."

At that I roll my eyes.

"What? I thought Lahran is your favorite person?"

"Let's just say, right now, he's not."

"Why? What's going on?"

I groaned. "Nothing is going on. Will you leave it be?" I snap and walk back into the closet. These Lancaster men can drive a person insane. I know Lahran will get over himself and realize his mistake. Especially, now that he is about to be crowned king. I have to look for Taylor. Now I can tell her everything. I dressed up quickly and went to find my best friend.

I relayed everything to her and she chided me for not telling her when it happened.

"So you were going to meet her without telling me or Ovian? Did you even stop think about your safety? What if she killed you? That kind of people are desperate and desperate people do desperate things!"

"I know Taylor. I am sorry! I wasn't thinking."

"You are crazy, you know that?" She smirked.

"Oh stop! I was thinking about the foundation and all my plans. And Ovian."

"All but your safety."

"Anyway, Ovian will handle that now, but I'm still afraid. Anything can happen."

"Well, I trust Ovian to take care of it, don't you?"

"I do actually." I smiled.

"Then let's leave it at that. I told you it would get easier." Just then her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and turned the screen over.

"Who is it?" I ask

"A friend." She was being evasive.

"Taylor Wendell, who is it?" Trying to get the phone from her.

"Tania, stop." She said laughing. "It'sno one you know!"

"Then tell me!"

"Alright, alright, alright!" She said. "He's someone I met during the launch of your foundation. He's single, he's a Lord-"

I shrieked! "Is he handsome?"

Taylor laughed. "Yes he is. Wait let me find his picture."

"You have his picture already?"

"Hold onto your pants sister, that's what the internet is for, remember?"

"Let me see!" The man was handsome! "A total TDH. And a Lord too, not bad at all." I say as I handed her phone back to her. "So what's the deal?"

"What deal?" She frowns.

"Come on, don't be like this, spill!" I shout at her.

"Calm down or you will have a heart attack. Well, we exchanged numbers and we've been in communication since. But he wants to come to the palace to see me. I've just been putting him off."

"Why for the life of me would put off a hottie like that? Do you want someone else to snatch him away?"

"Well, if he can be snatched, I'm not interested. I like a man who knows what he wants and goes after it."

"No, no, no, Miss independent. You see that kinda talk keeps a girl single for life. You have to be proactive. That's a new word my assistant just thought me. It means you have to anticipate moves and prepare to tackle them when they arise but in this case, it means taking the reigns."

"You mean I should do the chasing?" She asks, looking aghast.

"Yes but subtly. Like allowing him come around. Not playing hard to get, ditching the miss independent attitude, you know."

"Where is my best friend?" She laughed.

"She grew up!" I said laughing. "On a more serious note, Taylor, you are not getting younger and to have someone like that vying for your attention in a sea of eighteen year olds, says something about what that person wants. So please, give him a chance."

"Yeah yeah yeah. I will invite him to Lahran's chapel christening."

"Christening?"

"What else would you call it? Opening? Launching? Breaking?" I was rolling on her bed laughing so hard I couldn't breath.

"Oh my God! Taylor! I can't laugh! That boy is so immature! And to think that his father is about to die."

"Yes. You would expect that he will give the man some respect. Have you told Ovian about him?"

"I told you I could never do that. Don't worry, he will get over it. And if he doesn't, I will deal with him myself."

There was knock Taylor's door. "Come in!"

The valet came in and presented me with an envelop. I thank him as he left. I proceeded to open the letter, wondering what is was since the outside was blank.

I brought out a single sheet of paper and read it.

"What is it?" Taylor asks.

"I have been summoned to face the Council tomorrow by 10am."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 422 57
HE is Gorgeous, filthy rich, powerful, arrogant and a snob. HE hate blabby and stupid people. SHE is simple, brave, modest and the hero of the power...
369K 10.6K 54
Nathan Thompson is the CEO of his company Thompson Co . He is an arrogant , mean and cocky person. He gets that from his father . On New Year's Ev...
139K 4.8K 22
Jonathan moon a 28 year old good looking billionaire who is not only known for his accomplishments but also for his cold heart and harsh attitude an...
777K 28.3K 67
Billionaires and Monsters #1 Casandra Hernández is a young hard working billionaire living in Santa Montes along with her widowed mother. After bei...