The Blackmail® [Complete]

By Redstiletos

"I could pay you much more." He said quietly, his piercing blue eyes saying the opposite. "Oh yes you will... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four (Ovian's POV)
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thrity
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Twenty-seven

963 34 0
By Redstiletos

How am I going to raise twenty million dollars in two days? That was the question that woke me up this morning after a few hours of sleep. When I got back home yesterday, I had called my assistant and asked her to find out how much I had in my account. She had called back to tell me it was a little over five million dollars. That was nowhere near what I needed. I had combed through my jewelry and all of it won't bring me more than a few hundred thousands.

I got out of bed and went into the sitting room. Today was Sunday, who can I call? Who can I ask for such an amount of money without saying why?

Fairweather

My mind supplied. "No way!" I say out loud.

He can afford it but for a price.

What could be the price?

Why don't you find out?

A few seconds later, I was calling my assistant to get me Lord Fairweather's whereabouts and get back to me ASAP.

As I finished dressing up, my phone sounds, telling me that I have a message. It was the whereabouts of Lord Fairweather.

Now the next challenge was to ditch my bodyguard but I didn't have a car, moreover, I couldn't drive. But if I can get out of the palace unnoticed, I can get a cab. I couldn't believe I was contemplating all of this without telling Taylor.

As I left the living quarters of the palace, Percy walked forward. He had been leaning against the wall. As he reached me, I said, "Don't worry, Percy. I am just going to the Sunday market. I can take a cab."

"I am sorry my Princess, but as long as you are outside these walls, I cannot let you out of my sight." Hr said, his face grim. 

"I understand Percy. Today is Sunday. I give you permission to rest. Don't worry-"

He shook his head. "Its either I come with you or I lose my job."

I pursed my lips. Can I trust him? I knew he reports every event to Ovian. "But the limousine will look out of place at a market." I protested.

"Then we take the Range Rover." He suggested. 

"Oh. Okay then. I will wait while you bring it around."

"My princess, its always ready for use," he gestured towards the car that was parked a few meters away under a metal canopy.

This man wasn't giving me any space. He knew his job well. As I walked to the jeep, I contemplated another challenge, after lying that I was going to the Sunday market, how do I tell him to head towards Fairweather's estate?

As soon as we left the palace, Percy asked, looking at me through the rearview mirror, "Where are we going?"

I looked up at him sharply. "How did you know?"

"I simply read your body language. And when you were doing your best to ditch me, I confirmed that you wanted to go somewhere you wouldn't want anyone to know about."

I laugh nervously. "You are good, I will tell you that." I sighed again. "I am going to the Fairweather estate. And I don't want Ovian to know."

He nodded and continued driving.

I felt I needed to tell him why, so he doesn't assume something else. "What I am going to see him about -"

"I don't need to know my Princess," his eyes piercing through the mirror. "As long as you are safe?"

"I will be safe."

He nodded again.

I let out a long breath. Now, the next challenge, what price will I be willing to give Fairweather for twenty million dollars?

Soon we were driving into Fairweather's estate. The place was beautiful. Tall trees lined the driveway up to his house. And statues, so many statues. It seems the man loved statues. I didn't really know the kind of man Fairweather was but I could tell from our few encounters that he fancied me. And I was going to use that to my advantage, I just pray he is a gentleman.

Percy parked the car and came down but I had opened my door before he arrived at it. I thank him all the same and head towards the entrance of the huge house.

Before I got there, an elderly man came out and bowed before me, "My Princess, you are welcome to the Fairweather estate. How may I be of service?" He asked as he led me inside. Once inside, I took off my sunglasses and scarf that I had worn to shield my face, "I would like to see Lord Fairweather."

The valet nodded his head and said, this way, my princess. He led me down a corridor and opened a door. The door led to an office, which I guessed was where Lord Fairweather worked from home.

"Please, take a seat. I will inform my Lord that you are here."

"Thank you." I said and sat down and waited. I didn't wait long.

Fairweather opened the door and stepped inside the office. 'Princess Charlotte! To what do I owe the pleasure of your wonderful presence?" He asked in surprise.

I stood up and faced him. "I need your help."

"My help? Pray how can I help you?"

I breathed out, "I need the sum twenty million dollars by the end of tomorrow." I said. "I will return it back in three months time." Somehow, I will find the money but not in three days.

His was staring at me but I couldn't read his expression. Then his mouth twists into a smile. "Why don't you go to the banks? Or sell some of your properties?"

"I cannot do that!" I said impatiently. "Can you help me or not?"

"Yes, I can help you," he paused, "but I want something in return." Don't all men?

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and ask instead. "What do you want?"

"You." He said smirking. 

"Me?" I squeaked.

"Yes. I want your body," he said, as he closed the distance between us. I instinctively took a step back but was stopped by the desk. Damn! I was trapped between his body and the desk. He drew closer still as he bent his head and inhaled my frangrance. "I want you right here right now, and I will give you a check."

I pushed against his chest. "I... I can't. I am married."

At that he threw his head back and laughed moving away slightly. I used that small opportunity to put some distance between us. "My dear, there are so many unhappy married women who are seeking solace in the arms of men like me."

"I can't do that. Please, Lucas. I really need your help. I promise to return with interest."

"Tell me, what's got you so desperate?" He asked as he came close again and trailed his fore finger across my arm which was folded across my chest. 

"I can't tell you but it's really important."

After a moment, he went behind his desk and took out his check book. He wrote on it and signed and left it on the table. He got up and came back around and stood infront of me. "I will give you this money and you won't have to return it back. But you know that I want you in my bed, Princess. If Ovian had not beat me to it, I would have been your husband instead, bethroted or not." He said sincerely.

I looked up at him and shook my head. Suddenly, he grabbed my arm. "I am sure no one knows you are here. I could take you right here." He said, trying to draw me close to him. I bit down his hand. He howled in pain while I ran out of the office, down the corridor and out the door. I ran so quickly that as soon as I got to the car, Percy was rushing forward to meet me. "Princess, what is it?" he asked.

"Nothing, just get me out of here."

He hesitated. "Did he hurt you?" He asked his fists already curving into a ball. His eyes looking towards the entrance.

I touched his hand. "Percy, he didn't touch me. Please, let's leave this place. It was a mistake to have come here." I told him gently.

He finally looked at me. His eyes softened and he went to open the door for me. Soon we left Fairweather's estate. My encounter with its Lord, has left a bad taste in my mouth. What was I thinking to suppose that Fairweather was going to behave like a responsible man of his station? If Ovian find's out about this, I would be in trouble.

Just then my phone rang, it was Lahran. On answering, he said he had gone to my quarters to find me but didn't see me. I told him I was on my way back to the palace and cut the call.

Lahran was waiting for me. "Where did you go?" He asked impatiently. "Your assistant and your lady had no idea where you were."

"Yes. I just wanted to quickly attend to a matter." I replied impatiently.

"What was it?"

"Nothing to worry your majesty about," I smiled. "And its all resolved anyway."

"Alright." He said still looking at me. Like he didn't believe me. "Did you want something?"

His face broke into a smile. "No. But I wanted to show you the new and improved King's chapel."

As he continued with the history, my mind wondered off. Everything in the palace was the King's. The King's this, the King's that. Soon it will be the King's lavatory. I mused. I wasn't in the mood for this tour, I needed Twenty million and I was running out of time.

I turned towards Lahran, not hearing a single word. I was thinking if I could ask Lahran. But knowing the kind of person he was, he would want to know why I needed such an amount of money.

He led me into the small chapel. I couldn't deny its beauty and sobriety. There were a few chairs and an altar decorated with beautiful flowers. The windows were all painted glass of numerous colors.

"It will be used by only the royal family." Lahran was saying proudly. "This is my first project and I will be dedicating it next Sunday. I intend to invite a guests to grace the occasion. Even Fran will be here. His school had agreed to let him for a few days."

I nodded. "Its beautiful. Well done, Lahran. You will make a great king." I said, smiling up at him.

He smiled back his dimples showing off his cuteness. For a moment we stared at each other and I contemplated again, if I could just ask him. But to my surprise, which I didn't know until it was too late, Lahran kissed me.

Oh no! What's wrong with these men? Can't they just stay away? I pushed against his chest. But he didn't budge. I closed my mouth firmly and moved my face forcefully until he let go.

"Lahran!" I managed to say.

"Don't fight it Princess. We can't deny the chemistry between us -"

"What chemistry?" I asked, aghast. Ovian's words came floating into my head. Oh my God, Ovian was right! "Lahran -"

"Look princess, I love you and I want you. You don't have to be afraid. I will be king soon. Very soon infact."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Don't worry your pretty head. I have plans for us, wonderful plans. I will never cheat on you and I will give you everything you desire. All you need to do is annul your marriage to Ovian. And we can get married."

"Are you out of your mind?" I whisper. I couldn't believe my ears. Lahran was actually coveting his brother's wife. Exactly what Ovian had said. I needed to get away from here. I can't take this anymore. I was afraid of what I might do to the future of the Kingdom or Lahran's future for that matter.

I turned around to leave and he said, "I will let you think about it Princess. Then get back to me." I didn't respond. I just kept going until I fell into my bed and began to cry. My life was over!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 47.2K 42
"Miss Montgomery, you start at 8am tomorrow morning in my office, not a minute late. If you are as good as you say you are, I may just apologise", he...
139K 4.8K 22
Jonathan moon a 28 year old good looking billionaire who is not only known for his accomplishments but also for his cold heart and harsh attitude an...
402K 12.8K 28
All Rights Reserved © 2015 TreshCelestine Contains a few errors! My very first Wattpad story. Ellie Scott's parents died in an accident when she wa...
369K 10.6K 54
Nathan Thompson is the CEO of his company Thompson Co . He is an arrogant , mean and cocky person. He gets that from his father . On New Year's Ev...