DYW2KMS: Jessi Casket (Book 1...

By The_Revenant_King

(This book needs to be rewritten. If you read it before I do please try to ignore the grammar. It is ad thoug... More

Prologue
1.Change Happens
2.Madness is Contagious
3.Nightmare
4.It All Begins Now
5.Seriously?
6.Red
7.Overloaded
8.Time Out!!!
9.Nightmare Pt. 2
10.Wait What?!
11.Welcome Home
13.Uh Oh, Spaghetti O's.
14.Who knew videos could keep secrets
15.Psycho Moment
16.New Arrivals
17.An Old Friend
18.Now a Spookster
19.Enemies Appeared
20.Nightmare Pt.3
21.A change in Perspective (Ghost)
22.Nightmare Pt. 4 (Ghost)
23.Silver(Jessi)
24.Transfer (Ghost)
25.What's with this QA? (Jimmy)
26.Acid Blood (Toast)
27.Black Veins (Ghost)
28.JOHNNY!!! (Toast)
29.A Heart to Heart (Toast)
30.Silver State (Ghost) <End>
Alters: Darks Manor

12.Just A Piece Of The P.I.E

61 6 0
By The_Revenant_King

Pieces of wood, plaster, and glass were flying around in circles as I led them into the garbage bin that I had brought below. It was a hurricane of broken things and I was in the eye of the storm. However dangerous it was, it would be better than me cutting myself on the glass again. Besides, there was a big enough distance between me and storm of debris that I'm not worried. I'm not worried anyway since I'm the one controlling it all so yeah... When it was all over I opted for a nap. My powers may be OP but it's still very draining.

I picked up a book that somehow had made its way into here. "The Secret Life Of A Killer", funny I thought I lost this. I never did finish it, but then again why read about something you know intimately. I dropped the book onto the desk, and then landed on my bed just as my feet gave out. So much for hanging out with the fam... huh... whatever they probably have plans of their own anyway. I really need to learn moderation. I can't be passing out every time I use my powers, otherwise what's the point of using them then.

Just as I was about to nod off I heard my door creak open a bit, and before I can remember I wasn't alone in the house anymore, my book went flying right off the desk and hit Ghost right square in the face. Although, I still couldn't will myself awake. In fact, I'm surprised I even had the strength to do that in the first place.

"My Gosh, what the...My Eye... Jes" Ghost's voice drifted into the background, as I fell deeper asleep. I don't know when I finally stopped hearing it but I did. The only constant thing there was, was this burning heat I felt.

Screams... That's all I heard. Screams so loud it could've been my own. Except they weren't, because I couldn't speak, I couldn't even breathe. I just lied there on the ground, listening to the chorus. It was lovely, though I don't know why people were screaming. I guess it will remain a secret. I could tell someone was holding me but I didn't see them all I could see was black... and red. The screams became louder and louder until it was deafening. It was hard to tell what was going on, I couldn't even tell which way was up. But out of all that noise, I heard something as clear as day.

"Do You Want To Know My Secret... Jessi?"

I woke up with a start, a yell caught in my throat before it was made. The first thing I noticed was I was covered with a blanket. The second thing was the time, It was 4 in the morning. Darn it, I slept through dinner. Which means, they probably ended up eating out because the only thing Toast really knows how to make properly is MACARONI, and Ghost worked at McDonald's... that is pretty self-explanatory.

The lights had been turned off, but I could make out an outline of someone in the chair at the foot of my bed, and another beside the bed. Really, boys, I'm completely fine, save for the nightmare. Which just happened to be the first in over a year. Toast was fast asleep in the recliner that was at the foot of my bed. I managed successfully to "persuade" the recliner to recline without waking him up, as I grabbed to blanket off the bed, and covered him with it.

I don't know why they just didn't go to sleep in their own beds. My room ain't that big. Besides I'm am still not used to them being here. The fact that I hit Ghost with a dang book, is evident to that. Wait... The book ...

I looked over at Ghost with apprehension, knowing full well what I'd find, just not how bad. His right eye was in a bandage, and it needs to be changed. Of course. It's bandaged, it's never that easy. But still, the fact remains... I hurt him, I hurt Johnny.

I grabbed some first aid supplies I had in a compartment in the wall, brought it over to johnny, turned on the lights, and carefully removed the bandage. The entire time I was willing him to stay asleep, well... ok, more like praying. I cleaned the eye as well as everything around it. There was a lot more damage than that one bandage could have taken care of. It was highly bruised, and the eye itself, or what little I saw of it, seemed to crushed. Basically, there is no way that its ever going to work or look the same ever again. I left him sitting there as I went and got more bandages, my thoughts rushing through my mind.

How did I... huh... Doesn't matter. He shouldn't have surprised someone, even if they were sleeping. It's his fault. He shouldn't have been in my room. He shouldn't have stood in the way of the book. He shouldn't have... no, I shouldn't have. I hurt him and not just with his eye. I made the decision to keep what had happened a secret. And now I'm "punishing" him for it. I think ... or maybe I'm just punishing myself for it and he got caught in the crossfire. I don't know anymore. I thought I was over him. I thought I was done... I thought I could go on with my life, however, screwed it now is. I'm not the same person I was. In fact, I don't think I can even pretend I am. Sure I can do ... something... but I think that's stupid, What's the point of keeping myself a secret when I have so many as it is. Secrets are my guilty.... well there just my guilty. But still... it's quite enjoyable. Like I said before if you really think about it what KILLS more than a secret?

By the time I got back to The room, I had calmed down. It wasn't long but I burned off as much anger as I could at that moment. There really wasn't much to be said. I HURT JOHNNY, COMPLETELY BLINDED HIS ONE EYE, SCARRED HIM FOR LIFE. I don't even know how I did it. I went full throttle on my powers when I was cleaning up the room which happened after I had gone full throttle destroying it. I was utterly drained, I had left nothing in me. It just makes no sense how I was able to fling a book across the room with enough force and precision to take his freaking eye out when I was practically unconscious. What did I do? Why did I... THE HECK!!

I ran over to Ghost and watched as his eye slowly heal itself. The eyeball was reconstructing itself as the skin around it started to swell and bruise, obviously getting blood back to the site of the wound. Ghost started to toss and turn as the recovery caused him some discomfort. Out of instinct, I go to grab his hand and as soon as we touch he relaxes. By now the swelling around his eye has gone down and his eye and been completely reconstructed. It looked almost normal... well, except there was no color in his eyes, and it looked like it was painted. It was just pure white, black only showing up in the pupil which I doubt actually sees anything.

I take off any bandages that were still on him and threw them on the desk. I took the wipes I had grabbed and started to clean around his eye. His blood still clinging to his flesh even after I used soap. It took some time but it did start to come off without too much scrubbing. After I was done cleaning him up, I went to grab all the dirty bandages and stuff to throw away. When out the corner of my eyes, I saw his eye start to get color. Now the simple fact that it was still open despite not being held and the fact he was sleeping, was weird enough. However, the gradual change in color actually frightened me. I repeat... IT ACTUALLY FRIGHTENED ME! It was like a lava lamp at first, or... maybe... it was like it was draining the white out, but also filling it with a washed out reddish coral color at the same time. I don't know how to explain it. though that didn't keep up, once the white was completely out, the washed out red sorta fell into the background allowing the normal eye pigmentation and veins to show. It looked like an honest to god eye, with the color slowly gaining saturation, until it became a deeper darker... purer red.

"Jimmy ..." escaped my lips causing me to tense up, and a yelp caught in my chest as johnny, or Jimmy or whoever, darted upward opening both eyes in the process. Both eyes the unmistakable blood red color that I've learned to love.  I took a step back only to bump into my desk. Johnny, startled awake looks at me with confusion. He blinks the red out of his eyes and returns it back to the beautiful hazel that used to haunt me.

"Jessi?..." he slammed himself into me hugging me relentlessly and making us fall into the desk. "Sorry, its just you've been asleep for awhile. I kept telling Johnny that you needed a hospital, but he just kept telling me no, you'd be ok. I thought I... we ... you wouldn't wake up." Wait what's going on? Ghost has never reacted to... well... anything this way. How long has it been... I heard Toast start to fuss which brought me back to the present.

"Ghost is that you? Why are you up, its like 3 in the morning." I couldn't help but giggle Toast was always bad at telling time but this is funny. Not that I can blame him, he isn't even awake, not really anyway. 

"Well actually it's probably more like 8 or 9 in the morning but I haven't really checked the clock so yeah let say its 3." Both me and Johnny start laughing hysterically. Which only got worse when Toast tried to jump up out of the recliner, resulting in him falling back and banging his head on the lamp. The sheet went in the air only to get tangled up in his legs and the footrest. I went over to help him as ghost continued to laugh at Toast like no tomorrow. It was going to take longer than expected because he was tangled really good to the footrest of the chair, and I soon found that there was no way I was going to get the sheet untangled with just my hands. So I stepped back and, trying not to use that much power, forced the threads of the fabric to separate, and then after it did, it reassembled itself to be used again. it was quite a spectacle, threads and strings of fabric flying and floating, breaking and then fixing itself, it was a bit more than I had wanted. I honestly just wanted it to rip... I guess I REALLY need to work on control. 

Once again I was slammed into a hug, This time falling over on to my hand. Let's just say the words that came out of my mouth were not suitable to be written in this journal. Why am I always getting hurt?

"Oh, My God... Jessi, I'm so sorry... It's not broken is it." I tried moving my hand but the pain was too much for me. I shook my head knowing full well it very well might be, however, I'm not going to give my brother guilt for my hand breaking when it might not be... right?... RIGHT? I don't have a single idea whats going on with me. Ghost grabs my hand exceedingly harder than he should have, and I braced for immense pain, but there wasn't any. in fact, I felt no pain at all. I pulled my hand from his and inspected it as if it were a foreign object. Earning me quite a few weird looks from the boys. 

"How..." Realization struck Toast like a hammer to the face. He took me by the hands and pulled me out of the room and into the hallway. We made our way to the living room and out into the garden. The garden wasn't an exact replica of the one at grandmother's but I did take my favorite parts of it and replicated it as best as I could... I also added things what I thought might appeal to the others as well, though the garden has always primarily been my spot.

The beautiful colors and stunning scents always seemed able to calm and ground me. That's why whenever I got upset I always came out here. And just like always the wind came to great me, sending my hair into a frenzy, and surrounding me with the sents of the garden. I was instantly felt calmer. In fact, I relaxed immensely, and I didn't even know I was so nerve-racked.

Toast took me the bench overlooking the pond and sat down, I followed suit. I bent over to pick up a flower on the walkway, and it wrapped its stem around my wrist turning itself into a bracelet. 

"I see you're a..."

"Paranormal Entity?"

"Yeah, that."

"Does that bother you... brother." The look on his face, I might as well have just slapped him. It was like I had just accused him of judging me. But... That's what I was worried about. Him judging me. I can handle it from those pin-minded closed-off derp-heads, but not my own brother. There is already so much he can't know about me, I don't want this to be what pushes him away. 

"I am a Paranormal Investigator. I work with ghosts, demons, and other entities on a daily basis. Not all of them are bad, In fact, Ghost..." He stopped short. I knew what he meant though. I've always suspected Ghost to be some sort of entity not like me no but still paranormal. That's why he is so drawn to it, and it to him. Over the past year, I stopped calling myself "Psychic". Toast he's a psychic, I'm an op freak, but still... I love being me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476 49 60
He'll live forever into the future. I'm running from my past. When we collide, sparks fly, secrets are threatened, and pasts come back to haunt us. I...
2K 111 13
He watched as her eyes skimmed over his dark eyes and black hair with barely a reaction. He felt his pride twinge a bit so he went further. Lifting h...
897 20 11
Warning: Uncensored swearing, dark topics, blood, death and other things that may be unsuitable for younger audiences and people. If you wish to risk...
410 13 16
***"Scream if you find anything" He says "I have my- "I begin to say realizing my gun was no longer with me. "Yeah I took your gun when we came here"...