The Blackmail® [Complete]

بواسطة Redstiletos

"I could pay you much more." He said quietly, his piercing blue eyes saying the opposite. "Oh yes you will... المزيد

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four (Ovian's POV)
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thrity
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Twenty-five

1K 33 0
بواسطة Redstiletos

"I am so happy that you are doing this, my Princess. I campaigned and campaigned for about two years and just stopped because there was no support but with you and Prince Lahran on board, we will have a chance at success." Gushed Antonia Galesbriar.

I smiled. "I am glad something can be done. And that's why I have decided to make you my assistant." Antonia was a single woman of twenty-seven who had had it rough. Over the years, she had tried to speak out against the tyranny but got discouraged when she go no support.

She had been recommended by one of the contacts Lahran had given me. And I was glad they did. During the past week, she has adviced me and helped start off on registering the foundation. And that was why I decided to make her my assistant.

Her eyes widened. "My princess..."

"Do I take that as a yes?"

"Yes! Yes! Oh my God! I can't believe this. This project is my heartbeat and I will not let you down."

"Yes, we cannot afford to let our kind down, especially the children. We have a huge part to play, all of us." I said.

"Thank you so much, my Princess."

"Please, you can call me Tania."

"No, but I can call you Princess Tania."

I nodded. "Now, let's work out our plans." I gestured for her to sit down. "Like I told you the first time we met, after the launch of the foundation, I want to organize a large party and I want to call it, Singles Mingle. I want to hold the party every quarter of the year. What do you think?"

"Yes, its a good idea but who are those that will come?"

"It will be an event where single women and men will buy tickets to attend. I want to use it as an avenue to sort of match make, you know, bring all of them under one roof so they all can make their choices. It will also help some of the single men see that, not every single woman over eighteen is not marriagable."

"Hmmm. Its okay. But why don't we make it a ball. Somewhere they have to dress up to attend. Many eligible men will come, even some nobles and the single ladies will get a chance to meet them."

"That's better. A ball then. Now the venue and date. I want it ready so that as soon the process to register The Hope Foundation is over, we begin."

"That will be splendid. I will go to the courts again tomorrow to see how the registration is going and get back to you."

"Yes, thank you Antonia. You are God-sent."

"And you are an angel." She beamed at me. I stood up smiling at her. It has been one hell of a week. So many things to do, too little time to do them. As Antonia bent to start gathering her things. I stepped away from the desk. I had cleared a small corner of our very spacious sitting area and installed a desk, and a few chairs. I intended to work from there. I yawned again.

"Why don't you get some rest Princess Tania. I will see myself out," said the young woman.

"I will. Thank you." I responded and head into my bedroom. I stood right in the middle of the room and took off all forms of clothing and hit the shower.

As the water ran down my body, my thoughts went to Ovian. I remember waking up to an empty bed the morning after our fight. I had slept all through the night and when morning came, it had come with pain, hurt, and love. I turned to find that Ovian was gone. I reached for my phone to check the time and found his messages. He had traveled for a business trip and won't be back for some days. I noticed he hadn't specified how long he would be away. And it's been a week already.

There has been no word from him since that first message and I wasn't about to call him either. I didn't even allow myself to think about it. Because I was tired of thinking. So I sank myself into the foundation and in a few days, it would be a full fledged foundation. I smiled to myself. Yes, things are finally looking like it's going to be alright.

I walked out of the bathroom naked, its something I just started a few days ago since Ovian wasn't around. I had a small towel I was using to clean my body and as I wrapped it around my hair, I heard someone clear his throat. I turned around in fear.

Ovian was standing in our bedroom, his eyes gleaming with desire.

"Ovian!"

I quickly covered myself with the small towel as best as I could. Before reaching for my robe, "When did you get back?"

"Just now," he said and started to walk towards me. Instinctively, I stepped back. He stopped and sighed. "How are you?"

"I am fine." I answered.

"I'm sorry I couldn't communicate with you during my trip. The reception over there was crazy."

I nodded. He was looking tired but still as handsome as ever. His tie was askew and he had rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. I knew he was telling the truth about being on a business trip because while he had been away, his mistress had been in the city. The internet told me when I went snooping.

I wanted so much to run into his arms and make love to him the remainder of the day but I held myself back. "How about we eat dinner out?" He asked.

"Yes, I would love that."

"And there's a charity event holding at the Renaissance Hilltop tomorrow evening. We have been invited to chair the event."

"Wow! What's it about?"

"I don't recall but I will find out and let you know. There are actually several other invitations on my desk. I will get them to you so you can sort out which one we will attend."

"Okay." I said, "Let me find something to wear." I left him in the room and enter the closet.

We both prepared for dinner quietly, each with his own thought. I was standing in front of the mirror, trying to choose the jewelry to wear with my blue dress when Ovian appeared behind me, making uncomfortable. I looked up at him through the mirror and he said, "I have something for you."

I turned around to find him holding a small pink box. He extended it to me and I collected it. Opening it, I found lying inside a tiny pink pendant in the shape of a dolphin on a silver chain. It was simple yet beautiful and in my favourite color. I beamed at him. "Thank you."

"May I?" He asked. I turned around and allowed him to put it around my neck. I touched the translucent pendant to my neck. "Its beautiful."

"You are beautiful," he said as he bent his head to kiss my neck. His mouth sent shivers down my spine and I shuddered visibly. Desire coursed through my body and stole my breath. As if he knew the effect he was having on me, he lifted his head and our eyes lock on each other through the mirror. Mine dilating with desire, his gleaming with lust.

He was the first to break contact, "Let's get something to eat." He said as he picked up his jacket and pulled it on.

From that moment, I became uneasy. All through dinner, I was jittery. Any time his hand touched me it was like I had been electrocuted. It was while we were eating dessert that I realised I wanted this man, badly. I wanted him to take me home and make love to me.

"So how's the foundation going?" He asked.

"Er... fine. It's being registered right now. And I have an assistant. Antonia, the woman activist?"

"Yes, I know." At my raised eyebrows, he supplied. "Percy apprised me of all that has happened since I wasn't around. I was going to suggest that you got one. Just let me know what more I can do."

"Thank you. Her help has been enormous. Also, while you were away, I met some people who were willing to co-sponsor and be on the board of the foundation. It's called Hope by the way. 

He nodded. He took a sip of his wine and leaned back in his seat. "You know you never told me about your background."

I rolled my eyes, "You want to talk about my background now?"

"Well, is there a special time? I just want to know you better. We didn't start off on a good note, you know."

"Hmmm." I grunted. "Would you have given me a second glance if I hadn't blackmailed you into marrying me?"

"Probably not."

"Probably? How about never." I retorted.

"Why don't we put that aside and tell me about you. I want to know now." He said firmly.

I rolled my eyes again. This man's timing wasn't welcome, when all I wanted to do was-

I shook my head.

I needed to reign in my thoughts. Mentally, I kick myself for feeling this way after what he did. I'm supposed to be hating him not panting for him like a dog in heat.

I decided to indulge him. At least, it would take my mind off my raging hormones. "My mom died shortly after I turned eighteen. She had been working very hard to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table."

"What about your father?"

I shrug. "I don't know him. My mom had revealed to me when I was much younger, that I was the product of a one night stand. She didn't know the person and she didn't think it would result to a baby. But she said she decided she was going to keep me and love me. And she did." My voice broke. Indeed, she did. She worked so hard, doing anything and everything in order to put food on our table and give me an education.

"I am sorry. But all that should have made you marry immediately. You were young and very beautiful. I'm sure you had many suitors."

"Oh yes I had so many. Some had even began coming before I was seventeen."

His eyes widened. "Really? That's not right."

"Well, you couldn't blame them. At sixteen, I already looked eighteen. I had grown up faster than my peers."

"Wow. That must have been a lot, chasing men away from you. And keeping yourself a virgin." He marveled. "So why didn't you just marry?"

"My mother had to indulge in so many crazy shit because she didn't have a suitor. When she was fourteen, she had a fire accident that burned half of her face. Nobody wanted an ugly wife. So she did what she could to get by. She was a victim  of a stupid system. A foolish sentence that has kept women in bondage for years. I didn't want the kind of life it offered. I wanted my life on my own terms. I wanted to make choices my own choices and learn from my mistakes. So I ran away as soon as I buried her. I miss her so much." I said the tears falling down. The memory of my mother, further made me feel all mushy inside and vulnerable.

Ovian immediately got up and pulled me to my feet. I leaned into him and before I knew it, my body came alive. I wanted to wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. What is wrong with me? Its all this emotional nonsense, I thought. I need to get away from him before I do something I will regret. I cleaned my face and excused myself so I could go to the restroom. Once there, I used a tissue to clean my face, and gave myself a stern warning.

"Tania Gregory, you had better get your shit together. And focus! Reel in your emotions and control yourself. You cannot let that man get off easily. You can do this."

I told myself. I squared my shoulders and left the rest room. "Can we leave now?" I ask Ovian when I got to our table. There were only a few people left in the restaurant. He had brought us to a place that there were no paparazzis and it was kind of nice. At least, no picture of me crying will find its way to the internet.

"Yes, I'm ready if you are." He said and I picked up my purse and we head out.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2M 112K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
13K 422 57
HE is Gorgeous, filthy rich, powerful, arrogant and a snob. HE hate blabby and stupid people. SHE is simple, brave, modest and the hero of the power...
1.4M 35.2K 47
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
Taming Lucas بواسطة Kitten

القصة القصيرة

410K 16.3K 32
HIGHEST RANKING #10 on 14-2-17 #9 on 15-2-17 Amelia Grayson runs away from home to start a life in New York. She finds a job as a personal assistant...