The Risk To Love

By KeziahFerguson

⚫ A Wattpad Featured Story ⚫ Ever since the stranger in school A.K.A - notorious bad boy from the city arrive... More

CH 1: Unhappy & Undecided
CH 2: New beginnings & Hot Strangers
CH 3: Window Gods & Wondering
CH 4: News & Nudity
CH 5: All Nighters & Acquaintances
CH 6: Surprises & Suspicions
CH 7: Surfs & Silent Bonding
CH 8: Slaps & Soberness
CH 9: Realizations & Reality
CH 10: Healings & Hideouts
CH 11: Carelessness & Confessions
CH 12: Distractions & Dilemna
CH 13: Fumes & Fiestiness
CH:14 Paranormal & Paranoia
CH 15: Reunions & Rapists
CH 16: Fast & Furious
CH 17: Raiders & Resolution
CH 18: Promises & Probability
CH 19: Stalkers & Sentiment
CH 20: Neurotic & Nuggets
CH 21: Almost Firsts & Awakenings
CH 22: Spooky Mansion & Speculation
CH 23: Clashes & Clouded Judgement
CH 24: Broken Boundaries & Party Poopers
CH 25: Misdeeds & Hostages
CH 26: Manning up & Catching Feelings
CH 27: Impetuous Behavior & Confrontations
CH 28: Spilling The Beans & Trust Issues
CH 29: Forgive & Forget
CH 30: Night Owls & Not So Chaste Kisses
CH 31: Unwanted Feminism & Buried Secrets
CH 32: Maze Runners & Walking Corpses
CH 33: White Lies & Wild Thoughts
CH 34: Pettiness & Meditation Gone Wrong
CH 35: Glitter Mermaids & Revenge Plans
CH 36: The Boys & Pathetic Comebacks
CH 37: Sneaking Around & Party Plans
CH 38: Threats & Medication
CH 40: Tears by the Lake & Watchers in the Woods
CH 41: Knights in Shining Armor & Mending Relationships
CH 42: Intruder Alert & Late Night Cuddles
CH 43: Suicidal Prisoners & Calling Truce
CH 44: Left Raw & Reeling
CH 45: The Love Triangle & Queen Bee Collison
CH 46: Crazy Assumptions & Trust Issues
CH 47: Pageant Pony & The Missing Pendant

CH 39: Orange Vodka & Spin The Bottle

37 5 0
By KeziahFerguson

Listen to Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man// Boomerang by Jidenna

Chapter 39

Lia pulled up into the driveway that was already filled with cars. Students were either making out near trees or daring each other to jump into the icy cold lake, those guys were definitely wasted.

The music was thumping loudly and the house was pouring with drunk students who were gonna be having really bad hangovers the next day.

"I'm glad you decided to come," Lia looped her arm with mine giving me a friendly smile.

"I wish I could say the same," I replied as we walked past a few guys who were doing a keg stand on the front lawn. We both laughed when one guy nearly fell back onto Jay who swore savagely at him.

"My main girl squad made it," Bryce stood at the front door inviting us in passing each of us a red cup. I hated to say it but he looked hot, dressed in jeggings and a Tommy Hilfiger shirt.

I took a long swig but didn't feel the burn at my throat. I gave him a dry look when I realized it was orange juice.

"Your brother instructed if you showed up, to lay off the alcohol...something about your new meds," he patted my shoulder pitifully like I was younger than all of them.

"I thought you didn't take orders," I challenged. Lia left, muttering something about finding Marcus.

"I don't," he shrugged his shoulders puffing his chest out. Bryce wrapped his arm around Jay's waist but she didn't push him away. Her mini skirt and midriff made it hard for any boy not to. Oh I see you Jay and the card you tryna play.

"You know, as weird as this might sound, you guys would actually make a hot couple," I observed as Jay whispered something in his ear making him chuckle.

"Yeah Jay, I can't wait for you to have my kids," he said in a cheeky sultry tone.

I burst into laughter as Jay started smacking his chest calling him an idiot. Somehow the three of us ended up on the dance floor. I was sandwiched between Danny and Zac who pulled out all their ridiculous dance moves making me giggle hysterically till I was in tears. For a moment I forgot about my troubles with Ryder, my attacker. I could just be.

A song later, Lia appeared by my side and we continued to hype Jay as she twerked on Bryce which she'd probably regret the next morning when I saw the amount of phones recording this.

"Aaayeeee!" We both yelled as a small circle was created around them. One of Bryce's home boys brought a chair for him to sit on so Jay could give him a lap dance. She was having so much fun so either of us weren't gonna stop her.

Bryce had the biggest smile ever like he'd just gotten his Christmas presents early. And I must say, all of her practices on empty chairs actually paid off! I felt like a proud mom.

But of course, the fun could never last long. My arm was yanked back till I was facing Morgan's stern look.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the library?" I asked in confusion.

"Go home. And take Jay with you." He said strictly it almost scared me enough to listen. "Where is she anyway?" He said in a cross tone. Breaking through the barricade of people behind me he stood there in shock, his mouth agape. Before yanking her from Bryce's lap and plopping her next to me.

"What the hell Morgan? You can have your fun with Miss Red Thot but some of us can't move on? Huh?" She snapped, squaring up, their chests touching. Well, I sure as hell wasn't included in this conversation anymore.

A look of hurt flashed across his face. He cared for her. He really did. I stood quietly, knowing better than to intervene.

"What are you doing Jayjay? What is...this?-" he gestured from Bryce to her with disbelief and disappointment....and wait for it: jealousy.

Atleast Jay's plan B worked.

Amber appeared by his side, seconds later. I swear she was like a post-it that never left.

Bryce was in toll who took his place next to Jay with his arm around her waist again as if marking his territory.

Morgan upon seeing that action, snickered looking at the ceiling then back down.

Oh here we go with the dramatics.

"Morgan, buddy! Why'd you tap Jay out? Sorry bro, all the guys are asking for their round but she's mine for just one night. And I'm not gonna waste it," Bryce led her away.

"This...is not yours to take care of anymore," she told him quietly into his ear, I managed to make that sentence out despite the loud music.

Scouring his drink and forgetting about me, Amber led him upstairs. Jay and him both locked eyes once more before each turning a corner.

If I weren't so wrapped up in my own life crisis, I'd solve their issue in a heart beat. But I needed to focus on one thing at a time.

We all took a seat at the huge lounge with chatter and laughter bustling all around, the beat of the music bouncing off the walls.The lights were dimmed around us. Another rowdy group were playing beer pong on the wooden deck overlooking the lake.

Brittany joined us with a few of the soccer boys trailing behind her. Some kids from school were dancing all around us, keeping a good distance though since they knew the popular kids were all seated here.

Marcus strode past casually wearing his letterman jacket with a few of the football guys that made a beeline to the gameroom. I knew they all couldn't drink cause of the big game this week. Something about it affecting their stamina and shit.

"Yo Fields!" Bryce hollered at Marcus. They both did that bro kind of handshake.

"Grab a drink, come join us," he nodded at the circle we'd formed where everyone was engrossed in their own small conversations.

"Sure thing," he smiled heading towards the kitchen leaving a lingering stare on me.

"I'm gonna go get a refill," I explained getting up.

"Lay off that alcohol," Bryce warned in a teasing voice.

"Only if you stop groping my best friend," I punched his shoulder playfully making them laugh drowsily. Yup. They were already tipsy.

Getting into the kitchen, I saw Marcus pouring a bottle of water into a red cup. He turned back just as I entered.

"What are you doing here?" His eyes flared coming up close while I filled my drink splashing a bit of vodka.

"Don't worry, I have a plan," I spoke in a hushed tone when other people came in.

"A plan or a death wish?!" He whispered in an angry tone placing his hand on the cabinet above me. I just kept my eyes trailed on the rim of my cup.

Someone coughed loudly in front of us. We both turned our heads sharply to see Amber.

"Not that it's any of my business but are you guys, like a thing now?" She asked excitedly.

"No!" We both said in sync with wide eyes moving apart.

"Shame. Ya'll would've been cute together," she rolled her tongue over her teeth as if assessing us.

We both forced an awkward smile as she walked away. I grabbed his hand so we could have more privacy. Letting go, we were outside walking on the wide deck.

"I told my dad," he said looking into his cup. I didn't say anything. We declined the offer when some kids called us to play beer pong with them.

"He promised he'd look into it," he added.

I laughed cynically. "Which means he doesn't believe me," I threw my hands up taking a sip of my drink that helped take the edge off. The cool breeze felt so good after being couped up in my bedroom all day.

"We just need more incriminating evidence," he encouraged, placing his arm over my shoulder when he noticed the goosebumps appearing on my arm.

I snuggled closer to the warmth, sighing loudly. "That's what I'm trying to do-"

He cut me off when we stopped infront of the large wooden doors that were the entry to the living room.

"Let me help you," he looked deep into my eyes with sincerity. I knew how much he wanted to help and I know he still would've persisted if I disagreed.

"Alright," I gave in. I filled him in on what he needed to do and where he needed to be.

"I got you," he squeezed my shoulder in an assuring way.

We then took our seats at the sofa where everyone was in the middle of playing spin the bottle.

I noticed Ian who was surrounded by a few of his pals which meant our plan was a definite go since the main player was here. I smiled at him and he gave a head nod  continuing to stare.

"This is so childish," I commented moving next to Lia making her snicker.

"The only thing childish here is your Shirley Temple curls," Abbie slurred notifying me of her presence.

"Oh don't start, unless you want my drink thrown at you this time," I warned drawing my eyes to slits.

Bryce put his hands up in annoyance. "Ladies! Let's save the cat fight for after the game," he said since it was his turn and he was anxious. I rolled my eyes when she flipped her hair obnoxiously taking a seat next to Ian just to get on my nerve.

Bryce spun the bottle and it was like karma was targeting Jay probably because of the diarrhoea mishap. It was pointing straight at her.

The soccer boys jeered as she mouthed SOS to Lia and I. Bryce puckered his lips while she laughed nervously when they entered the closet.

The seven minutes were soon up and Bryce walked out with a dazed look while Jay wiped her lipstick off the sides of his mouth.

"Ew, really?" Lia and I exchanged disgusted glances.

She just shrugged her shoulders in response while they stumbled drunkenly to their seats eventually toppling over each other in flirtatious giggles.

A few turns later was Ian, who said he was only watching till the boys forced him to do it by chanting his name in deep voices.

Just a quick review of the plan: Jay used her seductive skills to persuade Bryce into getting Ian to come since they were sort of buddy's- CHECK

It was a long shot but I figured that if this person didn't want me near Ryder they probably didn't want me with his brother either. Time to prove if it would actually work. That stalker had to be at this party. My inner Nancy Drew had a gut feeling with this theory.

While the bottle spun along with my thoughts, my eyes widened when it landed smack bam at me.

I looked up at him who held the same shocked expression. We both didn't move.

"Interesting," Abbie clapped her hands with an eyebrow raised. "Look, if you guys don't do it, rule states that the host of the house gets the honors-"

I sided Bryce who winked at me slyly. Yeah, no thanks.

Risk #22: Don't be a Party Pooper

I shot Ian an awkward smile as we made our way inside the cramped closet. We had no choice but to stand seemingly close.

"Haven't seen you in school much," he said breaking the silence.

"Yeah, could say the same for you."

Someone tapped on the door. "We don't hear any lip smacking!"

We just laughed silently in the dark. He checked his phone. "5 minutes left."

"You know, parties aren't really my scene but I heard you were here so..." he trailed off scratching the back of his head.

My guilty conscious was forcing me to tell him that Ryder and I made out but I'd be just like his ex. I couldn't do that to him.

"No, I'm glad you came," I smiled up at him. I heard him shuffle his feet closer towards me. Our faces were inches apart, the only thing heard was our breathing.

"2 minutes left," I whispered glancing at my watch biting my lip softly.

He hesitantly placed his warm hands on the side of my neck inclining me to look up into his deep brown eyes.

Then ever so softly he pressed his lips gently onto mine. The feeling was surreal but the whole time I could only think about one other person. I could barely react when he leaned in.

I backed away quickly, clearing my throat. "Times up," I whispered not knowing how to feel about that intimate kiss.

Stepping out of the door with Ian, my heart sank and a heavy pitiful guilt knotted in my stomach.

The person who I was trying to protect but I just managed to drive away further stood directly in my view with an unimpressed cold stare.

Ryder was here and he just caught me stepping out of a seven minutes in heaven closet case with his step brother.

I definitely screwed up. Big time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358 3 31
THE BAD BOY Before I met Gianna, I'd thought I was living life to the fullest, wild and carefree. Now that I had her in my life I understood what it...
10.3M 345K 33
"What the hell?! Kennedy!" I watch as Ryder turns around furiously and strides towards me. Oh oh. Maybe I took it too far... "What'...
78.3K 1.6K 32
Two seniors that only have one thing in common, going to the same school. They hate each other because of their friend groups and past. As the two se...
833K 24.6K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...