The Blackmail® [Complete]

By Redstiletos

"I could pay you much more." He said quietly, his piercing blue eyes saying the opposite. "Oh yes you will... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four (Ovian's POV)
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thrity
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Twenty-two

973 43 1
By Redstiletos

When I got back to my rooms the next morning, Ovian was waiting for me like I knew he would. And I was prepared to resist him. I refuse to be the gullible wife. No way! As soon as I got through the door, he stepped close to me. He was looking like someone who hadn't slept. His unshaven face, rough and tired.

"Baby, please, just let me explain." He said, his eyes pleading. He had been sending messages since early this morning but I was deleting them without reading. I wasn't interested in whatever explanations he had. I knew what I saw, nobody told me. The image was ingrained into my memory for the rest of my life.

"Ovian, there's no need to explain anything. I should be the one apologizing."

At his frown, I continued, "I shouldn't have berged in on you last night. I had no right to expect anything from you." He wanted to say something but I stopped him by raising my hand. "You have given me more than enough, so much I can't even begin to fathom yet. And I am so grateful. It was greedy of me to ask you to leave someone you love for me. After all, who am I?"

"Tania, you are my wife. And I don't love Alex!"

"I don't care, Ovian!" I snapped. "I don't give a damn about who you love or don't love." I closed my eyes so as to steady my voice. "From today, as your wife, I give you permission to do or sleep with whoever you so desire because this body is no longer yours."

"Tania, nothing happened. I had already told her we couldn't continue but she was so stubborn!"

I laughed scornfully. "That's rich Ovian. I may be small but I'm not stupid. She was naked Ovian! I know what my eyes saw!"

"Tania, I swear to you nothing happened. She was already naked when I got into my study-"

I folder my arms over my chest. "Tell me, did she take off your shirt too?"

"Tania-"

"Tell me!" I screamed at him. I lashed out at his chest and face, any part of him I could find. He didn't stop me, he just stood there like a stone. I was so mad, I wanted to scratch his eye balls out.

"I am sorry." He just kept repeating. I broke into tears again and fell towards the floor. He caught me in his arms but I twisted away from his grasp and move away from him. "Don't touch me with those filthy hands." I said through gritted teeth. "I mean it Ovian. Leave me alone!" I warned and left him standing there.

A few minutes later, I had showered and was packing some things into a bag when Ovian came into the room. "What are you doing?"

"I am going to the Hawthorne manor. I have a lot of work to do. And I am too distracted to do them from here. Moreover, I want to give you and your mistress some privacy." I smiled sweetly. "Feel free to bring her here and enjoy yourselves. Oh! of course, you have been bringing her in here."

I went into the closet and bring out more clothes, and shoes. I was dragging out another bag when he came close to me.

"You can't leave Tania." The expression on his face was grim.

"Why the hell not?" I ask defiantly.

He sighed. "The royal family does not or rather cannot live anywhere apart from the palace. It's against the law."

My heart clenched. "So I am going to be stuck here watching you and your-"

"That's over Tania."

"That's what you said the last time. Anyway, let's make one thing clear, if I am going to stay here with you, you will not touch me. We may be civil to each other and attend functions but don't expect anything more from me because frankly, I don't have anything to give."

He nodded and sat down on the chair silently, watching me arrange my things back into the closet. I finished up and realised I needed some air. I couldn't stay in the same room with him. How I was going to live with him, and the images of him with his mistress, was beyond me. As I walked down the corridor to Taylor's room, I made a mental note to ask the Queen if she had ever caught her husband in the act before, and how she had coped. I smiled bitterly, this was going to be my life now, I might as well get used to it.

I and Taylor spent the afternoon riding horses, picking flowers and lounging around the palace. I sought the tourist guide of the palace to take us on a tour. I made sure I lost myself in activities in an effort to block the memories of last night. Really, I wish there was a drug that made you forget whatever you want to forget. Wouldn't that be so great? I thought.

We were looking at the famous glass fountain, which was sculpted in the shape of a dolphin leaping into the air and water flowing out of its mouth down into the huge trough underneath. It was a beautiful sight. There were many people standing around taking pictures and marveling at the sight.

"Why, if it's not the princess of the Republic."

I turn around at the voice and find Lord Fairweather grinning down at me. There was a beautiful woman on his arm and she curtesyed, "My Princess."

I nodded towards the woman, then faced Lord Fairweather with an unpleasant smirk on my face. "Lord, Fairweather, what are you doing in the palace?"

"Well, I am giving my friend here a tour of the King's garden, Eden. Come to think of it," he looks down at his companion, "It was where her majesty got married a few weeks ago."

The woman who was clinging to him too closely to be a lady, squealed, "Really? That must have been so beautiful!"

"Thank you," I told her and looked at Lord Fairweather, "I am sorry I cannot stay and chat as I am supposed to be elsewhere now."

"If I may, my princess," he began. He was about to continue when another voice stopped him.

"No you may not." I looked around Lord Fairweather to find Lahran standing a few feet away from him. "Any correspondence you want to have with my sister-in-law should go through the proper process. You know the rules, don't overstep your bounds, Fairweather."

"Yes, your majesty." Lord Fairweather said, and dragged away his woman who was gawking at Lahran. I was sure she couldn't believe she was looking at the prince, soon to be king.

I smiled at Lahran. "Thank you. That man makes my skin crawl." I shuddered.

Lahran chuckled. "That's because he is creepy." And we both laughed. When he laughed his dimples showed, making him look all the more boyish but cute. Very cute with his golden eyes and blonde hair.

"Where's Ovian? He shouldn't be leaving you alone for leeches like this to slip their way through."

"He's er... er... busy, I think." I stutter.

"I wonder how anyone could be too busy for you." He said quietly.

I blushed. "Well, you know your brother."

He nodded. "All too well. So how have you been enjoying your stay in the palace?" He asks as he tucks my arm into the crook of his elbow and leads me away from the fountain while Taylor followed silently from behind.

Last night flooded my senses with so much force that, for a moment I couldn't speak. Lahran noticed. "Are you alright, Charlotte?" He asks, concerned etched in his face.

"I... I..." I tried to speak.

"Shh." He said. "Breath, just breath." He led me to a nearby bench and sat me down. He held my hands until I tried to pull myself together.

"Last night in Ovian's study, I caught... I saw... he was... his mistress..." I stuttered incoherently.

"Oh my God!" He exclaimed. He balled his fists and sprang to his feet. "I have a mind to break his neck! How can he do that to you?! You are beautiful, smart, a lady! And he prefers that, that thing!" He finished in anger.

I kept my head down, feeling so low, embarrassed and tired. I hadn't slept well last night and it was beginning to take its toll.

Lahran came back to the bench and asked how I was. "I am going to be okay. I just have to keep myself busy so I don't dwell on it so much. Come to think of it, maybe you can help me."

"Anything my dear, anything." He responded eagerly.

I smiled. Then I proceeded to tell him about my cause. He actually looked impressed and agreed to do everything in his power to help me. "I have always wanted to help those who can't help themselves and this is a great way to begin." He said, "I will get on it immediately and get back to you before today is over."

"Oh, that's splendid Lahran. I am so grateful."

"Anything for you my dear. You are a flower that should be cherished and loved. And I will do my best to make your stay in this palace pleasant. Don't worry about Ovian, he doesn't know what he's missing." He winked.

I smiled at him, thanking him again. We were walking towards the main premises, my side of the palace, when we both notice my husband walking down towards us. Lahran who had been holding my hand, reached around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I didn't particular like the move but I was too busy, noticing that Ovian was angry.

"Take your hands off my wife, Lahran." He growled, when he got close to us.

"Or else what?" Lahran challenged. These two men who did not in the least bit have any resemblance to each other, were standing in the middle of the courtyard, ready to fight.

I tried to extricate Lahran's hand from my waist but he tightened his hold instead. I wanted to remove his hand not because Ovian was demanding it but because I wasn't comfortable with it. I looked at him pointedly, and said, "Lahran?" He looked at me, and said, "So you would take his side after he cheated on you?"

I and Ovian spoke at once. Ovian said, "That's not your business!" While I said, "I'm doing no such thing!"

At that Lahran, stormed but not before promising to get back to me on what we had discussed.

Ovian moved closer and said, "Tania, he cannot be trusted."

"And you can?" I asked, walking away from him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 10.8K 54
" Miss....Keila, before I state the reason for this sudden and unexpected visit I would like you to think about it before giving an answer" he glance...
1.5M 47.2K 42
"Miss Montgomery, you start at 8am tomorrow morning in my office, not a minute late. If you are as good as you say you are, I may just apologise", he...
5K 164 7
She always knew she was different. She kept dreaming of a man. He scared her to death. Even as a child. Everyone knew she was different. Called her...
5.2K 223 42
(BOOK 1, DYING STARS) The senior warrior Littlescent is eager to calm the region's sparring urban clans and return to them the voice of StarClan. But...