Dreaming of a Blue Box | The...

By KleeAlise11

{ORIGINAL VERSION} "Why did you take my necklace?" "Because I wanted you to follow me." <3 Imagine that th... More

Before You Read
Note from the Author
Extended Summary
The Doctor & Lily
Cast
The Doctors Edits
The Companions Edits
Playlist
Themes
Prologue
Lily & Rose - I
Lily & Rose - II
Lily & Rose - III
Lily & Rose - IV
Lily & Rose - V (Final)
The End of the World - I
The End of the World - II
The End of the World - III
The End of the World - IV
The End of the World - V (Final)
The Unquiet Dead - I
The Unquiet Dead - II
The Unquiet Dead - III
The Unquiet Dead - IV
The Unquiet Dead - V (Final)
Welcome Home Girls
Aliens of London - I
Aliens of London - II
Aliens of London - III
Aliens of London - IV
Aliens of London - V (Final)
World War III - I
World War III - II
World War III - III
World War III - IV
World War III - V (Final)
Dalek - I
Dalek - II
Dalek - III
Dalek - IV
Dalek - V (Final)
The Long Game - I
The Long Game - II
The Long Game - III
The Long Game - IV
The Long Game - V (Final)
Father's Day - I
Father's Day - II
Father's Day - III
Father's Day - IV
Father's Day - V (Final)
Harkness & Carter
The Empty Child - I
The Empty Child - II
The Empty Child - III
The Empty Child - IV
The Empty Child - V (Final)
The Doctor Dances - I
The Doctor Dances - II
The Doctor Dances - III
The Doctor Dances - IV
The Doctor Dances - V (Final)
Beauty and the Beast
Boomtown - I
Boomtown - II
Boomtown - III
Boomtown - IV
Boomtown - V (Final)
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - I
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - II
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - III
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - IV
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - V (Final)
The Parting of Ways - I
The Parting of Ways - II
The Parting of Ways - IV
The Parting of Ways - V (Final)
Epilogue
DISCONTINUED

The Parting of Ways - III

3.9K 196 33
By KleeAlise11

Continue from The Parting of Ways - II

---

The sisters banged on the door, begging for the Doctor to let them out but nothing happened. While Rose continued, Lily leaned her back on the door and slide down, her eyes filled with tears and it was getting hard for her to breathe.

She knew he wouldn't be able to regenerate. And if he was, she didn't want him to. Call her selfish but she just fell in love with this man. She didn't know how to cope if he changed his face.

Never witnessed a regeneration, she didn't quite understand.

"This is Emergency Programme One." Lily looked up hearing the Doctors voice. Her and Roses eyes widen seeing a blue life-sized hologram of The Doctor. "Lily and Rose, now listen, this is important." Rose helped Lily stand so they could both walk up to him. "If this message is activated, then it can only mean one thing. We must be in danger. And I mean fatal. I'm dead or about to die any second with no chance of escape."

"No!" Rose shouted, holding onto Lily's arm. All Lily could do was stand there, paralyzed.

"And that's okay." he grinned like everything was okay. That made Lily mad. "Hope it's a good death. But I promised to look after you girls, and that's what I'm doing. The TARDIS is taking you two home."

"I won't let you!" Lily shouted.

"And Lily, bet you're fussing and moaning now. Typical." the hologram snorted and shook his head. "But hold on and just listen a bit more. The TARDIS can never return for me. Emergency Programme One means I'm facing an enemy that should never get their hands on this machine. So this is what you should do. Let the TARDIS die."

By this time Lily was trying to be brave for Rose. But it didn't work. Rose saw how heartbroken she was. So, for that moment Rose was the one protecting Lily.

She held her in a side hug while the hologram continued on. "Just let this old box gather dust. No one can open it. No one will even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing on a street corner. And Red, I know you." Lily gasped, hearing her nickname. "You are very stubborn. You don't listen to me and you never had. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with you." Lily whimpered. "Over the years, the world will move on and the box will be buried. And if you want to remember me, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing." He looked at both of the sisters and smiled. "Have a good life. Do that for me, girls. Have a fantastic life."

When the hologram began to flicker, Lily pulled away from Rose and messed with the console. "You can't do this to me." she muttered. Rose reached out to her but she moved away from her. "No Rose he can't!" She continued working on the console. "Take me back! Take me back! No!"

When the engines stopped, Lily ran outside and growled in anger seeing the London skyline. Before she could run back inside, Mickey came running down the road. "I knew it! I was all the way down Clifton Parade, and I heard the engines. I thought, there's only one thing that makes a noise like that."

He looked at Lily, face in pain, then at Rose who stood beside her holding tears in her eyes. "What is it?" he asked.

Lily hugged him tightly, letting out loud sobs.

-

"Girls, I've called up the internal laser codes." The Doctor looked up after hearing Jacks voice. "There should be a different number on every screen. Can you read them out to me?"

"They're not here," he answered.

"Of all the times to take a leak. Why do girls always go together." he sighed. "When either of them gets back, tell them to read me the codes."

"They aren't coming back."

Jack paused. "What do you mean? Where'd they go?"

"Just get on with your work."

It took Jack a while to answer. The Doctor turned his attention to the viewscreen. "You took them home, didn't you?"

"Yeah."

"The Delta Wave. Is it ever going to be ready?"

"Tell him the truth, Doctor." The Doctor looked at another screen when the Emperors 'face' appeared. "There is every possibility the Delta Wave could be complete, but no possibility of refining it. The Delta Wave must kill every living thing in its path, with no distinction between human and Dalek. All things will die. By your hand."

"Doctor." Jack interrupted. "The range of this transmitter covers the entire Earth."

"You would destroy Daleks and Humans together. If I am God, the creator of all things, then what does that make you, Doctor?"

The Doctor clenched his teeth. If Lily were here she would be able to calm him. Through anything, he could look at her, and all the hurt and suffering would vanish. But she wasn't here. He had to do this himself just like old times.

"There are colonies out there." he started. "The Human Race would survive in some shape or form, but you're the only Daleks in existence. The whole Universe is in danger." he glared at the Emperor. "If I let you live." Looking back to Jack, he groaned. "Do you see, Jack? That's the decision I've got to make for every living thing. Die as a human or live as a Dalek. What would you do?"

"You sent them home. Lily is safe. Her and Rose. Keep working."

"But he will exterminate you!" the Emperor spoke.

"Never doubted him." Jack gave a firm nodded then an encouraging grin to The Doctor. "Never will."

He smirked to Jack then looked back at the Emperor. "Now, you tell me, God of all Daleks, because there's one thing I never worked out. The words Lone Wolf and sometimes Bad Wolf, spread across time and space, everywhere, drawing me in. How'd you manage that?"

"I did nothing."

"Oh, come on! There are no secrets now, your worship."

"They are not part of my design. This is the Truth of God."

The Doctor looks up at the LoneWolf Corporation sign on the wall. With a shake of his head, he thought. Why would a fairytale be following us? What could it mean? And why did it seem to overpower Bad Wolf?

-

They all sat at a table in a small cafe, Lily beside Rose and then Mickey and Jackie. They both chowed down on their meals while Lily and Rose poker at theirs.

"And it's gone upmarket, this place." Jackie was saying. "They're doing little tubs of coleslaw, now. It's not very nice. It tastes a bit sort of clinical."

"Have you tried that new pizza place down Minto Road?" Mickey asked.

"What's it selling?"

"Pizza," Mickey answered slowly.

"That's nice," Jackie commented. "Do they deliver?"

"Yeah." Mickey took a sip of his drink.

Jackie noticed her daughters weren't eating. "Oh, girls. Have something to eat."

Lily picked her fries with her fingers, her eyes still bloodshot. "Two hundred thousand years in the future, he's dying, and there's nothing I can do."

"Well, like you said two hundred thousand years. It's way off." Jackie waved it off.

"You don't get it, Mum," Rose said, defending her sister. "But it's not. It's now. That fight is happening right now, and he's fighting for us, for the whole planet, and I'm just sitting here eating chips!"

"Listen to me. God knows I have hated that man, but right now, I love him and do you know why? Because he did the right thing. He sent you back to me." She reached across the table, grabbing each of their hands. "He sent you both back. Safe."

"I love him." Lily blurted out while still looking down at her food.

Rose and Mickey looked at her. They were shocked that she just blurt it out like that after saying how scared she was to tell Jackie.

"What was that, Lillian?" Jackie asked, pulling back.

"I said I love him." He repeated, looking up at her mum. "And he loves me. Well, I thought he did." She let out a bitter laugh. "I'm so stupid."

"No, Lils. You definitely are not." Rose tried to soothe her, running her arm.

"When did this love thing happen?" Jackie wondered.

"Does it matter?" Lily raised her voice. "I'll never see him again. Seeing the position he's in he won't be able to regenerate or get back to me. You won't be able to see my engagement ring or witness our wedding. Like you even care?"

"Of course I care sweetheart-"

"Bullshit!" Lily slammed her hands on the table, rattling the salt and pepper shakers that were placed beside them. Her sadness turned to built up anger. "You never want me to find love. All the times you were mad about Jack leaving or happy that I'm talking to someone is all fake. You don't want me to leave you. You can't stand the idea."

"Just a minute young lady!" Jackie shouted. None of them could believe Lily could act like this. "I never wanted anything more than for you to get out there and live your life."

"That's just the thing," Lily said. "But what do I do every day, mum? What do I do? Get up, catch the bus, go to work, come back home, eat chips and go to bed? Is that it?"

"It's what the rest of us do," Mickey told her.

"But we can't!" Lily gestured to Rose. "I can't! I never could."

"Why?" Mickey challenged. "Because you're both better than us?"

"She didn't mean that." Rose went to Lily's aid.

"I didn't, Mickey." Lily tried to calm him. "But it was. It was a better life. And I don't mean all the traveling and seeing aliens and spaceships and things. That don't matter. The Doctor showed me a better way of living your life. You know he showed you too." She looked at Rose then to Jackie and Mickey. "That you don't just give up. You don't just let things happen. You make a stand. You say no. You have the guts to do what's right when everyone else just runs away." Tears start forming in her eyes again. She inhales a shaky breath and stood up, "I just can't. ." And took off in a sprint out of the cafe.

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 1.1K 37
CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN 𝔍𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔢𝔶𝔢𝔰 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔲𝔫 𝔦𝔰 𝔤𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔜𝔬𝔲'𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔢 𝔞𝔩𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔑𝔬 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔠...
6K 560 16
All Lily Carter ever wanted was to experience the adventures she witnessed in her dreams. The ones she molded into her own storybooks. But they're no...
109K 3.3K 28
The Doctor may have regenerated, but it doesn't mean a thing to his daughter, Annakamara. After all, as long as she has her father, she knows she's s...
71.8K 1.3K 68
"You take that thing with you everywhere, whats up with that?" I glance down at my necklace. It had a miniature hour glass charm that had beautiful...