Dreaming of a Blue Box | The...

By KleeAlise11

{ORIGINAL VERSION} "Why did you take my necklace?" "Because I wanted you to follow me." <3 Imagine that th... More

Before You Read
Note from the Author
Extended Summary
The Doctor & Lily
Cast
The Doctors Edits
The Companions Edits
Playlist
Themes
Prologue
Lily & Rose - I
Lily & Rose - II
Lily & Rose - III
Lily & Rose - IV
Lily & Rose - V (Final)
The End of the World - I
The End of the World - II
The End of the World - III
The End of the World - IV
The End of the World - V (Final)
The Unquiet Dead - I
The Unquiet Dead - II
The Unquiet Dead - III
The Unquiet Dead - IV
The Unquiet Dead - V (Final)
Welcome Home Girls
Aliens of London - I
Aliens of London - II
Aliens of London - III
Aliens of London - IV
Aliens of London - V (Final)
World War III - I
World War III - II
World War III - III
World War III - IV
World War III - V (Final)
Dalek - I
Dalek - II
Dalek - III
Dalek - IV
Dalek - V (Final)
The Long Game - I
The Long Game - II
The Long Game - III
The Long Game - IV
The Long Game - V (Final)
Father's Day - I
Father's Day - II
Father's Day - III
Father's Day - IV
Father's Day - V (Final)
Harkness & Carter
The Empty Child - I
The Empty Child - II
The Empty Child - III
The Empty Child - IV
The Empty Child - V (Final)
The Doctor Dances - I
The Doctor Dances - II
The Doctor Dances - III
The Doctor Dances - IV
The Doctor Dances - V (Final)
Beauty and the Beast
Boomtown - I
Boomtown - II
Boomtown - III
Boomtown - IV
Boomtown - V (Final)
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - II
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - III
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - IV
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - V (Final)
The Parting of Ways - I
The Parting of Ways - II
The Parting of Ways - III
The Parting of Ways - IV
The Parting of Ways - V (Final)
Epilogue
DISCONTINUED

The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - I

4.9K 204 29
By KleeAlise11

As always please leave comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts <3

-

"And Red? Before I go, I just want to tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic."

- The Doctor

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Game station
200,100

-

"What is it? What's happening?"

The Doctor tumbled out of a spinning cupboard, hitting the ground with a groan. "Oh my God!" He heard a woman screech. He opened his eyes and saw a young blonde woman in a white jacket running to him. "I don't believe it! Why'd they put you in there? They never said you were coming!"

"What happened?" He asked, trying to stand up with help from the woman. "I was - "

"Careful now." She warned him, catching him as he stumbled. "Oh! Oh, mind yourself! Oh, that's the transmat. It scrambles your head. I was sick for days. All right? So, what's your name then, sweetheart?"

"The Doctor, I think?" He was a bit out of it, still trying to understand what happened. "I was, er . . don't know, what happened? How -"

"You got chosen." She explained.

"Chosen for what?"

"You're a housemate. You're in the house. Isn't that brilliant?"

"That's not fair!" A man groaned. The Doctor looked and saw another person, this time a man, wearing a T-shirt. He was glaring at the Time Lord. "We've got eviction in five minutes! I've been here for all nine weeks, I've followed the rules, I haven't had a single warning, and then he comes swanning in!"

"If they keep changing the rules, I'm going to protest, I am!" A dark-skinned woman in pink announced. "You watch me, I'm going to paint the walls!"

"Would the Doctor please come to the Diary Room?" The Doctor looked up after hearing his name. He obeyed, shuffling through the door, then sat in a large red sofa chair. "You are live on Channel 44,000. Please do not swear."

The Doctor raised an eyebrow and scoffed. "You have got to be kidding."

-

Lily lifted her head, groaning at the pain throbbing it. She started to lift her body off the ground and tried to check her surroundings to find out where she was.

When she spotted her sister a few feet from her, looking unconscious, she found her strength to get up and hurry to her. "Ro? Hey, wake up." She started to shake her in hopes for her to wake. When she did she seemed as confused as Lily was. "Where are we?"

"I don't know."

"Ow!" She tried to get up but felt the pain in her head much like her sister had. "What happened?"

"It's all right." A man answered her. They looked to see a dark-skinned man bending over them. "It's the transmat. Does your head in. Get a bit of amnesia. What're your names?"

"Rose."

"Lily." She looked around, feeling worried. "Where's the Doctor?"

"Just remember do what the android says. Don't provoke it. The android's word is law."

"What do you mean, android?" Rose asked. "Like a robot?"

"Positions, everyone!" A woman barked out orders. "Thank you!"

"Come on, hurry up." He spoked, helping both of the girls stand. "Steady, steady." They stumbled a bit but managed to find their balance.

"We were traveling, with the Doctor and a man called Captain Jack," Lily explained. "The Doctor wouldn't just leave us."

"That's enough chat." The floor manager told her. "Positions! Final call! Good luck!"

"But we're not supposed to be here!" Rose protested.

"It says Lily and Rose on the podium." The girls saw he was right, seeing their names on separate stands beside each other. "Come on."

They took their places, Lily between Rose and Roderick, as his podium read. "Hold on, I must be going mad. It can't be." Rose looked at Lily. "This looks like the - "

"Android activated!" The floor manager announced.

"Oh, my God, the android." Rose gasped.

"The Anne Droid." Lily corrected.

"Welcome to The Weakest Link!" The Anne-Droid announced.

-

"I can't open it." The Doctor muttered, trying to use the sonic screwdriver on the door.

"It's got a deadlocked seal." The blonde woman told him as she watched him struggle. "Ever since Big Brother 504 when they all walked out. You must remember that?"

"What about this?" He pointed to an alcove with a picture in it.

"Oh, that's exoglass. You'd need a nuclear bomb to get through."

"Don't tempt me." He chuckled.

"I know you're not supposed to talk about the outside world, but you must've been watching." She hesitated. "Do people like me?" He looked at her. "Lynda. Lynda with a Y, not Linda with an I. She got forcibly evicted because she damaged the camera. Am I popular?"

"I don't remember." He answered.

"Oh, but does that mean I'm nothing?" She started to whine. "Some people get this far just because they're insignificant. Doesn't anybody notice me?"

"No." The Doctor quickly had to think of something. "You're . . you're nice. You're sweet. Everybody thinks you're sweet."

"Oh, is that right?" Her voice changed to excitement. "Is that what I am? Oh, no one's ever told me that before. Am I sweet? Really?"

"Yeah." He said. "Dead sweet."

"Thank you!"

"It's a wall." The Doctor commented, knocking on it. "Isn't there supposed to be a garden out there or something?"

"Don't be daft." Lynda snorted. "No one's got a garden anymore. Who's got a garden? Don't tell me you've got a garden?"

"No, I've just got the TARDIS." The Doctor paused, all his memories started to come back to him. "I remember."

"That's the amnesia!" Lynda leaned on the counter, listening on. "So what happened? Where did they get you?"

"We'd just left Raxacoriofallapatorius." He slowly replied. "Then we went to Kyoto." He grinned, "That's right, Japan in 1336, and we only just escaped. We were together, we were laughing, and then there was this light. This white light coming through the walls. Lily instantly grasped onto Rose. Then - " he looked around. "I woke up here."

"Yeah, that's the transmat beam," Lynda spoke. "That's how they pick the housemates."

"Oh, Lynda with a Y." He shook his head, sighing. "Sweet little Lynda. It's worse than that. I'm not just a passing traveler. No stupid little transmat gets inside my ship. That beam was fifteen million times more powerful, which means this isn't just a game. There's something else going on." The Doctor looked to the eyes on the wall. "Well, here's the latest update from the Big Brother house. I'm getting out. I'm going to find my friends, and then - "He pointed to it. "I'm going to find you."

-

"Nineteen, eighteen," The foot manager started counting down. "Seventeen, sixteen, fifteen. Thank you, people! Transmitting in twelve, eleven, ten-"

Lily tried again. "But we need to find the Doc-"

"Just shut up and play the game." Rodrick shushed her.

"Seven, six-"

"Hey, it's okay," Rose reassured her. "Let's play before we go searching?"

"All right, then. What the hell." Lily grinned at her. "I'm going to play to win!"

"That's the spirit!" Rose laughed. They both didn't seem to notice Rodrick glaring at them.

"Three, and cue!"

"Let's play The Weakest Link!" The Anne-Droid declared. "Start the clock. Agorax, the name of which basic foodstuff is an anagram of the word 'beard'?"

"Bread." Agorax quickly replied.

"Correct. Fitch in the Pan Traffic Calendar, which month comes after Hoob?"

"Is it Clavadoe?"

"No, Pandoff." The Anne-Droid turned to the blonde. "Rose, in maths, what is 258 minus 158?"

"One hundred!" She cheered.

"Correct." The sisters hi-fived each other. "Lily - " The ginger looked to her. "Which letter of the alphabet appears in the word dangle but not in the word gland?"

Lily thought for a second then managed out. "E?"

"Correct." Lily let out a sigh of relief. "Rodrick-"

"Bank." He interrupted.

"- in social security, what D is the name of the payment given to Martian Drones?"

"Default." He answered.

"Correct. Broff, the Great Cobalt Pyramid is built on the remains of which famous Old Earth Institute?"

"Er -" He stuttered. "Touchdown."

"No, Torchwood. Agorax, in language, all five examples of which type of letter appear in the word facetious?"

"Vowels."

"Correct. Fitch, in biology, which blood cells contain iron? Red or white?"

"White."

"No, red. Rose, in the holovid series 'Jupiter Rising', the Grexnik is married to whom?"

"How the hell should I know?" The sisters shared a laugh.

"No, the correct answer is Lord Drayvole."

One more round passed then it was time to choose the weakest link. And, of course, the Anne-Droid chose Rose. "So, Rose, what do you actually do?"

"I just travel about a bit." Rose shrugged, looking at her sister. "My sister and I are tourists, I suppose."

"Another way of saying unemployed."

Rose was taken back. "No."

"Have you got a job?"

Lily decided to answer. "Well . . not really. No, but-"

"Then you are unemployed. And yet, you've still got enough money to buy peroxide." She looked back to Rose. "Why Fitch?"

"Er." Rose shrugged. "I think she got a few of the questions wrong, that's all."

"Oh, you'd know all about that."

"Well, yeah?" She winced. "But I can't vote for myself, so it had to be Fitch. I'm sorry, that's the game. That's how it works? I had to vote for someone."

"Let me try again!" Fitch started to sob. "It was the lights and everything. I couldn't think."

"In fact, with three answers wrong, Broff was the weakest link in that round, but it's votes that count."

"I'm sorry! Please!" She pleaded. "Oh God, help me!"

"Fitch you are the weakest link. Goodbye!"

The sisters watched in horror as a barrel emerged from Anne-Droids mouth, and a beam shot out disintegrating her. "What the hell?" Lily shrieked.

"And we've gone to the adverts. Back in three minutes!" The floor manager announced.

Lily, still in shock, looked to Rodrick. "What's that? What's just happened?"

"She was the weakest link, she gets disintegrated." He shrugged while wiping his board. "Blasted into atoms."

"But I voted for her," Rose muttered. "This is sick! All of you, you're just sick! I'm not playing this."

"Me neither." Lily agreed, waiting to follow Rose out.

"I'm not playing!" Broff shouted, stopping the sisters. "I can't do it! I'm not! Please, somebody, let me out of here!"

"You are the weakest link." The girls watched Broff run across the studio floor. They gasped when Anne-Droid disintegrates him as well, Goodbye."

"Don't try to escape," Rodrick informed them. "It's play or die."

Lily, seeing Rose close to tears, took her hand and held it tightly. No matter what she was getting her sister out of there even if it means Lilys sacrificing herself.

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 420 8
All Lily Carter ever wanted was to experience the adventures she witnessed in her dreams. The ones she molded into her own storybooks. But they're no...
43.1K 1K 30
(ORIGINAL VERSION) If she wishes for the truth, is she willing to lose everything? *** Willow has travelled with the Doctor and Rose for a year and h...
20.2K 536 18
Sloan Elizabeth Pond, little sister to Amelia Pond. Sloan was never the one for talking unless she was by herself not even to Amy, though the two wer...
138K 4.2K 27
When Rose Tyler was saved by a mysterious man known as the Doctor, she hadn't been expecting him to ask twice if she wanted to travel with him among...