The Unknown Child: Conflict

By Julia-cmoon

Book 2 of The Unknown Child series. A family have become closer love is blooming , old scars healed ,however... More

Previously: The Night of Day
Introduction
Chapter.1 Needing help
Chapter.3 Kuran Family
Chapter.4 Cassius Family
Chapter.5 Croft Family
Chapter.6 The head of the family
Chapter.7 To love and live
Chapter.8 The calm before the storm
Chapter.10 Chaos
UPDATE

Chapter.9 The Storm Before the Chaos

368 16 0
By Julia-cmoon

PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE FULL MANGA BEFORE CONTINUING.

SPOILERS WILL BE MENTIONED YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

(during this part of the manga, I have decided to tweak a few things in order to fit the story)

DEATH AND BLOOD WILL BE MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER!

-

Jurri was nothing short but confused, they all were, the furnace that would help them all win this war is now gone. The hunter's weapons, taken from them, a force within the furnace has left them with a huge dilemma. Zero stood next to Jurri, his gun hand now gone, he only looked at his now empty hand. His gun which has always been in his possession, having it being taken away feels odd to him, though he does not linger on that, his focus is now to the question "What will he do now?",  Yuki followed suit, her hands covered in her weapons dust, she rubbed her fingertips together feeling the useless particles leave her fingers. Her powers are not strong enough to defend those she cares about, Yuki has never felt so useless until now.

Kaname stood in the back of everyone, hunters, his family, and other vampires, if one were to turn around they would have seen Kaname's expression. A face that knew something like this would happen, Kaname has been alive long enough to know how the creation of the weapons came to be. He looked up and breathed in and out, he opened his eyes to look at Yuki, he hates to do this to her but what choice does he have, he needs to put his own life out for the better for everyone.

"Check for the injured!" Yagari shouted to his fellow vampires, the furnace had managed to put the building into ruins, they need to act fast to check if there were any of those who were buried from the stone walls. Both Vampire and Hunters searched about to check for the bodies of both the living, injured and dead.  Most of those who died were due to head trauma, their bodies being squashed by the weight of the stone walls. They lined those who died and moved those who were injured. Those who were injured consisted of broken limbs, bloody bodies of their slashed limbs, some with head injuries, and practically all having bruised ribs that made it hard for them to move their arms. Tents were laid out around the cleared area, those who were able to help either helped with the injured or going through the rubble of the vampire hunter building. Any weapons they could possible use were collected, medicine, first aid kits were collected for the injured. The only part of the building that stood was to the back where that part of the building sat on leveled ground. The parts of the building that sat above the basement where the furnace collapsed. 

Morris Croft and Richerd Cassius looked upon the scene, this was not their first battle they have been in, what terrified them the most, however, is that their children were now involved. The twin vampires helped with finding the injured and carrying them into the tents. Diana the youngest of the Croft family helped in the tents working side by side with Yuki. The three young vampires eyes were huge in horrific amazement their hands working as fast and as careful as they can. William Cassius looked around the scene searching for more bodies, a young man in vampire years, and this was his first war. It has yet to begin and yet all this havoc around him, all the pain and suffering, now he understood why his father always hid him and his sisters. He didn't want his children to be exposed to this, he looked over at his elder sister Alexandra who had nothing but shock in her eyes as she helped guide in the injured into tents and onto cushioned floor beds. Melena, the youngest of the siblings who was always so gentle never as a vampire has she ever taken part with sucking blood from a human. She could do nothing but move like a robot helping those who are injured, her eyes wide but with frantic movements when mending to those who were injured. 

Melena hadn't even notice Kaito Takamiya stare at her as she washed her hands-free from the blood. Her scrubbing became more frantic as she tried to wash the blood that was underneath her nails and in between her fingers. Kaito's hand was gently placed on hers, she flinched away stepping back and looked up at him. As much as Kaito, really couldn't care less about vampires, he felt for the young pureblood girl. It was obvious she was scared, this was her first face to face with death and pain. He couldn't help but feel pity for her.

"Hey, relax. If you become frantic you won't be able to help out" He told her, his dark honey colored eyes looked into her silver ones.She held her hands to her chest and nodded, she began to rub her hands, her eyes awkwardly looking Kaito up and down when she noticed his injured arm.

"Your arm!" She called, Kaito looked down and noticed his arm around the elbow was bleed.

"Oh, when did that happen?" He questioned calmly, he figured he must not have noticed it due to the adrenaline rush.

"Don't act so calm about it!" Melena shouted at him, she grabbed one of the medical kits that were lying about. She ushered him to sit one of the fallen walls so she could check on his arm.  Taking off his jacket and having him roll up his sleeve. Using her pureblood gift she numbed his arm so she could work on the stitching. It was a small deep cut that made all that blood, Kaito would have been happy to deal with this himself, but for some reason, he found it fascinating watching her work on his injured arm. 

The two made eye contact for only a minute till Melena shook her head and finished up his arm,"You will live" she said not making eye contact with him. Packing up the materials and placing them back in the box she went to the next injured person she could find, all the while Kaito's gaze followed her.

-

Kaname walked up to Jurri who was attending to an injured vampire hunter, "Where is Yuki?" he asked. Kaname though not wanting to had to walk away from Yuki, he had to go and talk to Cross Kaien of their current plan that needs to be put in motion. Word will get out about the vampire hunters not having any weapons, they needed to be ready, when the real fight comes.

"She is with the Cassius children, she's helping with attending the injured" Jurri replied not looking up at him. Kaname didn't need to be told that Jurri was currently stressed out, it poured out of her like a storm. Her hands worked fast as she helped the vampire hunter before her, his left arm bloodied and cut up in various places, his left ankle broken and his right knee out of place. This would seem horrific however this was a light matter compared to the more misfortunate hunters in the tent.

"We will get through this" Kaname said with a strong voice. She looked up at him, looking into his eyes trying to find any thread of doubt.

Jurri sighed "with the weapons my brother and I have been given I should be able to protect Yuki without trouble, however, I can't say the same for everyone else." The two purebloods eyes scanned the tent, about 30 were injured, and 40 found dead and sadly the death and injured count kept going up as people scanned the area. Things were not looking well for them, Juri was pretty sure her pureblood hair has been falling out due to stress. Kaname felt like a failure, but he cant show it, he needs to be strong, any sign of showing doubt, loss, or pain will be his downfall.

"I want you and Yuki to be in the back on the battlefield, Isaya, Zero and I will be in the front," Kaname said to her, she nodded in agreement and watched him take off his jacket, tossing it on a chair and roll up his sleeves.

"Kaname?"

"Who else needs tending too?" He asked her, Jurri looked into Kaname's eyes, she could see his wanting, she smiled slightly.

"In the back of the tent there are some I have yet to tend too, nothing too serious, mostly bruised bodies" She replied giving her attention back to the injured man before her. Kaname nodded and walked to the back of the tent grabbing a box of medical equipment. He bent down on his knees to attend to the injured. I sight not a lot of people expect to see, Kaname Kuran on his knees, tending to an injured vampire hunter, such a sight.

"I don't get you purebloods" A voice moved Jurri out of her thoughts, the injured man before her, was awake. His eyes were closed and his breathing was even.

"You are alive, I'm surprised" She commented as she continued to clean his arm from blood so she could work on the stitching. 

"We hunters are sturdier than you may think, miss vampire" The hunter spoke again a smirk.

"May I know your name?" Jurri asked finishing up washing his arm. She was amazed at how still he was being he didn't even flinch when cleaning the inside of his wound that had durt and glass in them.

"Hisato", he replied freely, even his voice didn't waiver, she was impressed by him.

"Jurri" She nods "I am done cleaning your arm, I'll be stitching it now," She said getting the needle ready and cleaned, "Try not to move too much".

"Miss Jurri", Hisato chuckled "This isn't my first time getting stitches" he smiled with closed eyelids, she smiled back warmly.

-

One, by one the injured were tended too, a rather large discussion was held of what they needed to do now. Jurri had allowed the hunters to use her home for the injured, who were in no condition to fight. Cross was thankful that she gave up her home to them and gave the order out to load the injured up and head to Blue Rose.

Jurri and Yuki worked together and placed the injured in actual beds and in rooms. Some Hunters were left behind to deal with the fallen building. Jurri did not mind opening her home to the hunters, they all needed to work together.

Jurri was preparing meals for the injured, it was a good thing they rebuilt the greenhouses and little farms they had. She was cutting up some vegetables while Zero put it all in the pot to make a soup.

"You okay?" Zero asked her as she handed him the last of the potatoes. She shrugged her shoulders. 

"Ill live" Zero looked at her sliding his hand around her waist. She gave him a sad smile and he returned it. The two were about to go in for a simple kiss when they were interrupted by Hanabusa rushing into the kitchen. His hair in different places and unkept.

"Lady Jurri!" there's a problem!

Please leave a like and a comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

627 60 9
Leonard "Leo" King, born and raised in Queens is a decorated Seal operative part of Silver Squadron. But even a decorated Seal like him has his own d...
1.1M 38.1K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
195K 19.1K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...