Dreaming of a Blue Box | The...

By KleeAlise11

{ORIGINAL VERSION} "Why did you take my necklace?" "Because I wanted you to follow me." <3 Imagine that th... More

Before You Read
Note from the Author
Extended Summary
The Doctor & Lily
Cast
The Doctors Edits
The Companions Edits
Playlist
Themes
Prologue
Lily & Rose - I
Lily & Rose - II
Lily & Rose - III
Lily & Rose - IV
Lily & Rose - V (Final)
The End of the World - I
The End of the World - II
The End of the World - III
The End of the World - IV
The End of the World - V (Final)
The Unquiet Dead - I
The Unquiet Dead - II
The Unquiet Dead - III
The Unquiet Dead - IV
The Unquiet Dead - V (Final)
Welcome Home Girls
Aliens of London - I
Aliens of London - II
Aliens of London - III
Aliens of London - IV
Aliens of London - V (Final)
World War III - I
World War III - II
World War III - III
World War III - IV
World War III - V (Final)
Dalek - I
Dalek - II
Dalek - III
Dalek - IV
Dalek - V (Final)
The Long Game - I
The Long Game - II
The Long Game - III
The Long Game - IV
The Long Game - V (Final)
Father's Day - I
Father's Day - II
Father's Day - III
Father's Day - IV
Father's Day - V (Final)
Harkness & Carter
The Empty Child - II
The Empty Child - III
The Empty Child - IV
The Empty Child - V (Final)
The Doctor Dances - I
The Doctor Dances - II
The Doctor Dances - III
The Doctor Dances - IV
The Doctor Dances - V (Final)
Beauty and the Beast
Boomtown - I
Boomtown - II
Boomtown - III
Boomtown - IV
Boomtown - V (Final)
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - I
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - II
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - III
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - IV
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - V (Final)
The Parting of Ways - I
The Parting of Ways - II
The Parting of Ways - III
The Parting of Ways - IV
The Parting of Ways - V (Final)
Epilogue
DISCONTINUED

The Empty Child - I

6.4K 274 51
By KleeAlise11

As always please leave comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts <3

-

"Hello, Lillian. It's been a while."

- Jack Harkness

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

London, England
1941

-

Lily was reading a book in her bedroom aka the library, minding her own business when she was suddenly tossed off her bed. She managed to get on her feet and get to the console room which was in complete chaos. "Um, can someone explain to me. . . what the hell is going on?" she shouted, getting the Doctor and Rose's attention.

"It's mauve!" The Doctor answered, quickly moving around the console.

"Mauve?" She repeated.

"Apparently," Rose answered, holding onto the railings. "It's the universally recognized color for danger.

"What happened to red?" She asked, moving to hold on to the console so she wouldn't fall on her face.

"That's just humans," he said, not even stopping for a breath. "By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing. It's got a very basic flight computer. I've hacked in, slaved the TARDIS. Where it goes, we go."

"It's that safe?" She looked to Rose with a raised eyebrow.

"Totally." The Doctor replied.

When apart of the console exploded, sparks were fired. Lily pulled Rose away from the blast and gave the Doctor a glare. "Totally? Totally!" She let out a bitter laugh. "Sorry Doc, but that didn't seem totally to me."

"Okay, reasonably." He corrected himself. "Should have said reasonably there." He looked at the monitor and widened his eyes. The sisters both knew something was wrong. "No, no, no, no!" He started to run around the console again. "It's jumping time tracks, getting away from us."

"What exactly is this thing?" Rose asked.

"No idea."

"Okay?" Lily chuckled. "Then enlighten me on why we're chasing it?"

"It's mauve and dangerous," He looked at the monitor and sighed. "and about thirty seconds from the center of London."

With one large urch, the TARDIS landed, sending its inhabitants to the floor. The Doctor, unwillingly, found himself on top of Lily. Lily groaned underneath him so, to not hurt her any further, he lifted himself on his hands, now hovering, "Red? Red, are you okay."

"Hair." She muttered.

"What?"

"Hair!" She said louder. "You're on my hair."

"Oh, bloody hell." He quickly got off of her. "I'm sorry."

He offered his hand, which she took, and pulled her up.  He pulled her close to him and found their faces inches from each other. Frozen, Lily looked up at the Doctor's eyes. She wanted him to kiss her. Oh God, she wanted it so bad but was too scared to make the first move. She thought he felt the same way as well until he opened his mouth. "Um. We should get going?" He forced out. "You know? Mauve?"

"Right. Mauve." Lily let out a bitter laugh. She should have known he didn't think of her like that. "Let's go." She pushed him away by his shoulders and headed down the ramp.

After she walked out the door Rose turned to the Doctor. "You know, you were this close to kissing her." She made a pinch size with her fingers. "This close." She rolled her eyes. "When that happens again try not to screw it up." She walked down the ramp to the door. "Didn't know being your wing woman would be such hard work."

-

The Doctor closed the door behind him and met up with Lily and Rose. He was cursing at himself in his head. Rose was right, as always. How can he be so bloody stupid? She was right there in his arms. All he had to do was lean down and that would be it. He would stop lying to himself every day. He knew he had to make his move soon or Lily would only be a friend.

When he caught up to the sisters they were having a seemingly deep conversation about what each other were wearing.

The Doctor rolled his eyes. "Women." He mumbled.

"Explain to me again why the Union Jack?" Lily questioned as she eyeballed Rose.

Rose gasped in offense. "I'm trying something new. Unlike you with your hair and shirt looking like the Great Pumpkin in Charlie Brown."

"Hey!" Lily crossed her arms. "Everything else was dirty."

"Why not try the giant closet the Doctor gave us each?"

Lily scoffed. "I didn't think about that. I was kinda in the middle of relaxing until you two technically tossed me off of my bed."

"Girls! Girls!" The Doctor stepped between them, making himself known. "How about we drop the conversation and continue finding the vessel? Thank you."

He heading down the alleyway not waiting for their response.

The girls looked at each other, both shrugged, then followed behind him one on each side.

"Now," He spoke, seeing them both appear in the corner of his eyes. "Must have come down somewhere quite close. Within a mile, anyway. And it can't have been more than a few weeks ago. Maybe a month?" He guessed.

"Wait, a month?" Lily asked. "How? We were literally right behind it."

"It was jumping time tracks all over the place. We're bound to be a little bit out." He looked over his shoulder at her with a smirk. "Do you want to drive?"

"I have," She chuckled. "And quite frankly I'm better at it than you." She remembered when she landed them on Christmas 1869. "How much is a little?" She questioned after the Doctor gave her a glare.

"A bit." He shrugged.

"Is that exactly a bit?" Rose spoke.

He paused. "Ish?"

Lily giggled and finally fell into step with them, cursing her short legs. "So then Doc, what's the plan? Are you going to do a scan for alien tech or something?"

"Lily, it hit in the middle of London with a very loud bang. I'm going to ask." He stopped and pulled out his physic paper to show her what was written on it.

Lily bent over and squinted her eyes, reading the faded print. "Doctor John Smith, Ministry Of Asteroids?" She stood back up and laughed. "You seriously used the physic paper to be from the Ministry of Asteroids?" 

He put it back in his coat pocket. "Oh, I'm sorry Red. Please tell me. What would you have liked it to say?"

She bit her lip. "I don't know. You could be Mr. Spock? Though you two differ. He actually scans for alien tech, unlike you."

"It's true." Rose chuckled joining her sisters' side. When they reached a door with "Deliveries Only" on it, she continued. "Not very Spock. Isn't it? Just asking."

"You know . ." the Doctor turned to face them. "I never traveled with a duo of sisters before." He turned back to the door. "Now I see why." He continued examining the door not wanting the girls to react to what he had said. "Door, music, people. What do you think?"

"I still think you should scan for alien tech," Lily replied. The Doctor scoffed and started to work on the door handle with his sonic screwdriver. "Give me some Spock for once. Would it kill ya?"

The door opened, and the Doctor looked at Rose's shirt. "Are you sure about that t-shirt?"

Rose placed her hands on her hips. "Of course you would choose Lils side." She looked down at it and tilted her head. "And it's too early to say. I'm taking it out for a spin." She grinned, following the Doctor through the door.

"Mummy? Mummy?"

Lily frowned and looked up when she heard a child's voice. "Red! Hurry along!" The Doctor called out from the doorway. He sounded as if he was a good ways into the room. "It won't take a minute!"

"Muuuuummmy"

She gasped in horror when she spotted a young boy in a gas mask on a nearby room. "Doctor! Rose!" She called out for them. "There's a kid up there!" She began to walk closer. "Are you all right sweetheart?" She shouted up.

"Mummy?"

Lily knew she shouldn't do this, but she couldn't let a child be in harm's way. "One day my curiosity and or kindness will get me killed." She groaned as she ran up a fire escape making her way to a flat roof below the child. "Mummy?" He asked yet again.

"Okay, hang on. Don't move!"

-

The Doctor and Rose pushed through what seemed to be a hidden nightclub. When the Doctor saw a woman singing into a microphone he went over and snatched it from her. Rose's eyes widened. "Doctor." She hissed at him, heading to the front of the stage. "What do you think you're doing?"

But of course, he ignored her. "Excuse me? Excuse me?" He looked out upon the audience. "Could I have everybody's attention just for a mo?" He smiled when they all looked at him. "Hello." He waved. "Might seem like a stupid question, but has anything fallen from the sky recently?"

He frowned when everybody started laughing. Rose, knowing already what time they were in given the posters around the room, put her head in her hands, completely embarrassed. "Sorry, have I said something funny? It's just, there's this thing that I need to find. Would've fallen from the sky a couple of days ago."

They both looked up as a siren began going off having people begin to get up and hurry out the club. "Would've landed quite near here." He continued. "With a very loud-"

"Quickly as you can!" Someone shouted. "Down to the shelter!"

"Bang?" The Doctor finished. He looked to Rose for some kind of guidance.

"Doctor." She spoke. "Look around the room."

He did. His eyes widened when he saw a poster on the wall with the words Hitler Will Send No Warning!

"Oh. World War II." The Doctor swallowed. "Okay then."

"Doctor." The Doctor looked at the blonde whose face was stricken with worry. "Lily's still out there."

In a split second the Doctor was off the stage, Rose's hand in his, running out of the nightclub in search for her.

-

Lily looked around desperately in search for something to help her get to the boy's level. When she found a rope dangling nearby, she grabbed it and began climbing. "Mummy! Balloon!" He called to her.

When Lily looked up she realized she was too late. The rope started to drift away from the wall, and she screeched, realizing she was hanging over London. Seeing that she could fall and die at any minute she called out for the one person she knew could help her, "Doctor!" She screamed. "Doctor! Doctor!"

When searchlights began to rake through the sky she tightens her hold on the rope. Hearing explosions going off and seeing fire she realized something. "I have red hair and I'm wearing a bright orange top." She rolled her eyes. "Just great. I'm an easy target."

-

"Lily!" The Doctor called out when they got out of the nightclub.

"Lils!" Rose followed in a desperate search for her best friend.

"You know . ." The Doctor put his arm around her and pointed a finger. "One day, just one day, maybe, I'm going to meet someone who gets the whole don't wander off thing. I'd thought that be Lily but I guess not."

"Hey! I don't wander off!" Rose defended herself.

"Platform one? 1869? The Slithe-"

"Okay, Okay!" Rose stopped him. "I get it! But where's Lily?"

"You don't worry about her." He gave her a side hug then let her go. "I know Lily as well as you. Believe me, she can take care of herself."

Rose chuckled. "Yeah. You're right." She remembered how her sister was and instantly felt relieved.

Before she could ask where they should start looking a telephone ring make them jump. They both began walking towards the TARDIS. The Doctor opened a small door and frowned at the telephone it held.

"Well," Roses looked over his shoulder. "Aren't you going to answer?"

"It's not supposed to be ringing?" He answered. "Only you and Lily has that number. Plus-"

Roses eyes widen. "It must be Lily then!" She went to answer it but was stopped by a girl's command. "Don't answer it!"

They flinched and saw a young dark-haired girl sporting braids and a dress stand behind them, eyeing the phone warily. "It's not Lily. It's not for you."

"And how d'you know that?" The Doctor asked.

"Cos I do." She replied with sass. "And I'm telling you, don't answer it."

"Well, if you know so much, tell me this." The Doctor said, crossing his arms. "Even if Lily could contact us it wouldn't ring. It's not even a real phone! It's not connected, it's not-" he faltered seeing that she was gone. He shrugged at Rose and answered the phone, holding it between his and Rose's ears. "Hello?" He asked. "Hello? This is the Doctor and Rose speaking. How may we help you?"

"Mummy? Mummy?"

Rose frowned. "Who is this? Who's speaking?"

"Are you my Mummy?"

"Who is this?" She repeated.

"Muuuummmy?"

"How did you ring here?" The Doctor demanded. "This isn't a real phone! It's not wired up to anything!"

"Mummy?"

They both jerked back when they received the dial tone. Placing the phone back on the hook they heard a noise down the alley and hurried to follow it.

They spied over a wall in the back garden to see a middle-aged woman lead her family into the bomb shelter. Rose tapped the Doctor's shoulder, showing him the girl going into the house.

-

Lily winced when the rope began to burn her hands. When her grip began to falter she losses her hold and plummeted towards the ground, screaming.

She gasped when she was caught in what seemed to be a beam. "Okay, Okay." A very familiar American voice told her. "I've got you."

"Who's got me?" She demanded. "Who's got me, and . . how?"

"I'm just programming your descent pattern." The man replied. "Keep as still as you can and keep your hands and feet inside the light field."

"Descent pattern?" She questioned.

"Oh, and could you switch off your cell phone?" She let out a laugh. "No, seriously." He said. "It interferes with my instruments."

"Whatever." She switched off her Nokia and put it back in her pocket. "Yah know that no one really believes that?"

"Thank you. That's much better."

"Oh, yeah, that's a real load off."

"You know," he started. "I can't see your face but I don't think you should have worn that shirt with that hair color. You're a ticking time bomb."

"Yeah, I get that!"

"Be with you in a moment." There was a pause. "Hold tight!"

"To what?" Lily screeched.

"Fair point."

She felt herself fall then crash into someone's arms, her head buried in his shoulder. "I've got you." He chuckled, keeping a tight hold of her. "You're fine, you're just fine." Her head was still on his shoulder. Her brain all blurry. "The tractor beam, it can scramble your head just a little." All the man could see was her red hair but he had to admit, he always had a thing for gingers.

When she finally moved her head, and her green eyes meeting his blue, she almost choked. "Jack?"

Captain Jack Harkness's eyes widen as he looked down at his past love, close to fainting in his arms. "Lily?" He questions, holding her a little tighter to him. "How the hell are you here?"

"Me?" She spoke softly. "How are y-" Her eyes started to close and she fell limp into his arms.

"Oh shit." He gently laid her down on a nearby bunk. He knelt down to her head and pushed a stray piece of hair out of her face, admiring her features.

He thought after all those years of being apart from his feeling for her would have left him. But the moment he saw her eyes everything rushed back.

Running his thumb along her bottom lip, he frowned, remembering how dire this was.

"Oh, Lillian. My Lillian." He always called her by her full name. "What kind of trouble are you in?"

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 2K 21
(ORIGINAL VERSION) For a girl who's lived a normal life on Earth for years, is she ready to see the universe from a different perspective? *** Willow...
108K 3.3K 28
The Doctor may have regenerated, but it doesn't mean a thing to his daughter, Annakamara. After all, as long as she has her father, she knows she's s...
38.5K 1.3K 56
"What do you want, Ella?" "Earlier, you said you don't have someone. Let me be your someone ... Besides without Ro and I, you'd be dead." In which a...
4.5K 239 11
Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question he can't seem to answer, and he doesn't...