Dreaming of a Blue Box | The...

By KleeAlise11

{ORIGINAL VERSION} "Why did you take my necklace?" "Because I wanted you to follow me." <3 Imagine that th... More

Before You Read
Note from the Author
Extended Summary
The Doctor & Lily
Cast
The Doctors Edits
The Companions Edits
Playlist
Themes
Prologue
Lily & Rose - I
Lily & Rose - II
Lily & Rose - III
Lily & Rose - IV
Lily & Rose - V (Final)
The End of the World - I
The End of the World - II
The End of the World - III
The End of the World - IV
The End of the World - V (Final)
The Unquiet Dead - I
The Unquiet Dead - II
The Unquiet Dead - III
The Unquiet Dead - IV
The Unquiet Dead - V (Final)
Welcome Home Girls
Aliens of London - I
Aliens of London - II
Aliens of London - III
Aliens of London - IV
Aliens of London - V (Final)
World War III - I
World War III - II
World War III - III
World War III - IV
World War III - V (Final)
Dalek - I
Dalek - II
Dalek - III
Dalek - IV
Dalek - V (Final)
The Long Game - I
The Long Game - II
The Long Game - III
The Long Game - IV
The Long Game - V (Final)
Father's Day - II
Father's Day - III
Father's Day - IV
Father's Day - V (Final)
Harkness & Carter
The Empty Child - I
The Empty Child - II
The Empty Child - III
The Empty Child - IV
The Empty Child - V (Final)
The Doctor Dances - I
The Doctor Dances - II
The Doctor Dances - III
The Doctor Dances - IV
The Doctor Dances - V (Final)
Beauty and the Beast
Boomtown - I
Boomtown - II
Boomtown - III
Boomtown - IV
Boomtown - V (Final)
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - I
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - II
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - III
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - IV
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - V (Final)
The Parting of Ways - I
The Parting of Ways - II
The Parting of Ways - III
The Parting of Ways - IV
The Parting of Ways - V (Final)
Epilogue
DISCONTINUED

Father's Day - I

5.9K 234 86
By KleeAlise11

Above is Lily and Pete's theme. "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman really explains them :(

As always please leave comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts <3

-

"Goodbye, my Cinderella."

- Pete Tyler

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

London, England
1987

This group of chapters will not have Rose in it. I think it will run better that way :)
Some but not many chapters won't have Rose in it. Hope y'all are okay with that but she will be in some parts of this book. Any questions feel free to ask :)

-

Peter Alan Tyler, my stepdad. The only father figure I've ever known. The most wonderful man in the world. Born 15th September 1954. . .

"So, let me get this straight." The Doctor spoke. "You want to stay here in the TARDIS while me and Lily just travel alone?"

"Just for one trip!" Rose added, her legs swinging off her bed. "Hate to say it but how you handled your jealousy with Adam . ." She winced. "Did not turn out so good."

"I handled it quiet well, thank you very much!" The Doctor crossed his arms and sulked, leaning against the wall.

"Doctor. . ." Rose sighed. "When's the last time you've been in a relationship?"

A bit embarrassed, the Doctor shrugs. "Does that matter?"

"Oh God, Doctor." Rose groaned, rubbing her eyes, "You're hopeless." She looked to him. "Do you even want to be with Lily?"

"What do you think?" his voice was soft when he asked.

"Then if I'm going to be your 'wing-woman' or whatever then you have to listen to me." Rose begged him. "No one knows Lily better than I."

Finally understanding where she was coming from he nodded, leaving the wall and walked closer to her. "What should I do?"

"Ask her where she wants to travel?" Rose suggested. "She'd probably pick something from the past. She loves time travel. Just. . .whatever it is don't disagree. If you say yes she'll see that you care about her wishes."

"Okay. I got it." The Doctor mentally took in the information, hoping to connect better with Lily. Looking down at Roses beside table he spots a picture of Pete, Jackie, Lily and baby Rose. "When was this taken?" He picked it up, smiling at how small Lily was. "It's a lovely photo."

"Thanks. Though I don't remember it." Rose smiled. "It's the last family photo we took. On Lily's 5th birthday."

"5th?"

"Yep." Rose agreed. "She was born February 11th, 1982."

"What was Lily's father like?" The Doctor asked, setting the photo back down.

Rose, taken back by the question, shrugged. "I don't know. Never met the man."

"Well . ." The Doctor sat beside Rose. "Has Lily ever met him?"

"I don't know Doctor, okay!" Rose snapped at him, feeling uncomfortable.

The Doctor, smarter than Rose thought he was, caught on quiet quickly. "Jackie isn't even her mother, is she Rose?"

Roses head quickly looked to the Doctor, startled. "Ho- . . how did you know?"

"I knew for a while. It's not that hard to tell. I'm quiet surprised Lily hasn't figured it out yet." He crossed him arms. "Please, tell me. How did Lily come to be?"

Rose took in a shaky breathe and looked over to the family photo as she spoke. "On her 'birthday', Lily was found in a basket on the doorstep of our flat. Back then my Mum and Dad were brand new newlyweds. They got married in August of 1981." Rose took the photo in her hands and looked down at it, tears forming in her eyes. "The only thing they knew about her parents was a note that was attached. On the envelope it said Lillian Carter. That's how they got her name. The letter said 'Please take care of her' signed R.S. I learned the truth when I was 10, but was told to never tell her."

"Why hasn't Lily learned about this?" The Doctor grew angry at them for keeping this secret from her. "She grew up believing she was Jackie's daughter. That her father abandoned her mother in her time of need. That's probably why she cant trust being in a relationship with a man. Not just because of Jack but cause you two, three including Peter, have been filling her head with lies."

"We did it to protect her!" Rose argued.

"Protect her my arse!" The Doctor stood up, hands on his hips trying not to lash out harder on the blonde. "I don't understand why you did this to her You have to tell her someday." he continued. "Being lied to is hard enough for anyone, especially for twenty-three years."

"Let's make a deal." That caught the Doctor's attention, so he turned around, "I would tell her if you promise me one thing."

He told her to continue with a nod.

"She can't age and I can." She tried to wipe away her tears. "She can travel with you forever like she's dreamed of, but I can't. One day I'll have to stop and I need you to promise me to take care of her."

"Rose-"

"No!" She shouted. "If and when the time comes you have to take care of her for me while I cannot." She looked up at him. "I beg you."

"I promise." He confirmed. "I will protect her with my life."

-

Rose brought Lily in her room to tell her she wasn't feeling good. Lily asked her if she wanted her to stay back but she quickly declined. Lily knew she wouldn't be able to change her mind so she headed to the console room, smiling at the sight of the Time Lord.

It was weird to not go with Rose but she couldn't be more excited to spend the day alone with the Doctor. . . her Doctor.

"So . . Doc?" She hopped on top of the console in front of him. "Where to today?"

"No Rose I'm guessing?"

"Nah." She shook her head. "She wasn't feeling well. Suggested we go just us two. Is that alright?"

"Of course!" He replied. Walking around the console he started flicking switches and typing on the keyboard. "So, Lily Carter? Anywhere you want to go. Anywhere. Your choice."

"What about November 7th, 1987?"

"Okay." He started putting in the date. "Why that particular day, may I ask?"

"It's the day my stepdad died." He froze, stopped typing. "I already told Rose. She said it was a good idea. She wasn't as close to him as I was given she was only a baby."

The Doctor wondered why the hell Rose agreed to that given the conversation they just had about Lily's parents. Then he remember no matter where Lily wanted to go, he had to agree. He didn't want to but he punched in the date and started the TARDIS. When it landed he turned to her. "What are you thinking to accomplish by this?"

Lily hopped off the console and took a step closer to him. "My mum wasn't there when he died. Nobody was. It was a hit and run driver. Never found out who. He was dead when the ambulance got there." she smiled sadly. "I want to be the one by his side. So he doesn't die alone."

-

The Doctor and Lily stood on the sidewalk, waiting for Pete's car to approach.

"This is it." Lily's voice was soft, mentally regretting her decision. "Jordan Road. He was late. He'd been to get a wedding present, a vase. Mum always said, that stupid vase. I was with Mum at the time. She didn't have little girls in her family so I was her mini bride. Don't remember it very clearly." She let out a small laugh with a roll of her eyes.

Only a few seconds as passed when a green van approaches from around the corner.

My dad . .

"He got out of his car." She said as Pete pulls into the curb. "And crossed the road . . oh God, this is it."

Her eyes started to water remembering what she will witness. When Pete opened the door and got out of the car, vase in hand, the Doctor took Lily's hand. He intertwine their fingers trying to comfort her.

When the beige car came round the corner at full speed, Lily hid her face in the Doctors shoulder. He felt her flinch when she heard the sound of Pete hitting the pavement and the vase shattering.

"Go to him." He spoke into her ear. "Quick."

-

She couldn't do it. They hide behind the wall hearing the ambulance approach.

"It's too late now." Lily whispered. "By the time the ambulance got there, he was dead. He can't die on his own." She looked up at him, eyes holding back tears. "Can I try again?"

The Doctor looked at her, took a deep breath, and nodded.

-

The TARDIS parked in another spot, and the Doctor lead Lily to the corner, a bit behind their former selves, "Right, that's the first you and me." he spoke in her ear. "It's a very bad idea, two sets of us being here at the same time. Just be careful they don't see us. Wait till she runs off and he follows, then go to your dad."

"Oh, God, this is it." The first Lily whispered.

"I can't do this." The current Lily said.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to, but this is the last time we can be here." The Doctor told her.

Lily watched the other car swing around the corner, then made up her mind, and raced forward towards her father. "Lily, no!" The Doctor shouted.

But it was too late.

The past selves of the Doctor and Lily disappeared right as Lily pushed Pete out of the way of the car, saving his life, the vase rolling down the street.

"I did it. I saved your life." She sat up completely astonish at what she's done.

"Blimey!" Pete spoke, lifting himself up as well. "Did you see the speed of it? Did you get his number?" He asked Lily, unaware of who she was.

"I really did it." She continued, not paying attention to what Pete was saying.  "Oh, my God, look at you. You're alive! That car was going to kill you."

Pete stood up and offered his hand to his savior. Lily dusted off her jeans as he replied. "Give me some credit, I did see it coming. I wasn't going to walk under it, was I."

She giggled. "I'm Lily."

"What a coincidence." He nodded. "That's my eldest daughters name."

"That's a great name." Lily grinned. "I bet she's brilliant."

"Yeah." He chuckled. "She's a very brilliant girl indeed. You look like her a bit too. Anyways . ." he picked up the vase. "I'd better shift. I've got a wedding to go to."

She grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving. "Is that Sarah Clarkes wedding?"

"Yeah." He confirmed. "Are you going?"

"Yeah."

"Do you and your boyfriend need a lift?" He nodded over to the Doctor who was glaring harshly at the red head companion.

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.6K 2K 21
(ORIGINAL VERSION) For a girl who's lived a normal life on Earth for years, is she ready to see the universe from a different perspective? *** Willow...
109K 3.3K 28
The Doctor may have regenerated, but it doesn't mean a thing to his daughter, Annakamara. After all, as long as she has her father, she knows she's s...
136K 3.5K 12
She always dreamed of being one of the Creators, one of the elite of the elite, one of the Time Lords who invented. She got her wish. But being a Cre...
39.2K 2.1K 24
~Book 1 in TenRose "Journeys" 2 part fanfiction. (The Slow Path ~ Long Way 'Round) Rose is not happy at all when the Doctor left her for 5 hours on a...