Nature's Freak - BOOK 1 ✔ (Un...

By EmotionalPerson01

Freya Jane Grinsly is known to be a "Freak". Everyone in her town see's her as a mysterious person and despi... More

Welcome Back!!!
Chapter 1: Who am I?
Chapter 2: Threatened to Break.
Chapter 3: Friend or Enemy?
Chapter 4: Something Bad to Come.
Chapter 5: Defenseless.
Chapter 6: Death Sentence.
Chapter 7: The Past Will Return.
Chapter 8: The Never Ending Night.
Chapter 9: The Deal Never Included Me.
Chapter 10: A Nightmare to Be Continued.
Chapter 11: Confusion At It's Finest
Chapter 12: Sweet and Innocent
New Book
Chapter 13: Bloodbath
Chapter 14: Sanctuary
OH....MY.....GOSH!!!!
Chapter 15: A Monster Who Loves
Chapter 16: Saved By The 'Monster' Himself
Republish Saved By The Devil Series?!
Chapter 17: Better Than A Pistol
Chapter 18: Fight to The Death
Chapter 19: Who's to Blame?
Chapter 20: Apologies and Energy
Chapter 21: Confession Day
Chapter 23: No Breaks
PLEASE READ
Chapter 24: It's A Weird Day
Chapter 25: A Plan
Chapter 26: Ethan!
Chapter 27: That Makes Sense
Chapter 28: Stuck Beyond Help
Chapter 29: What Was Lost is Now Found
Chapter 30: Still Gone
Chapter 31: I Want Vengeance
Sequel
There Will Be A Book 2!! READ!!
BOOK 2 IS OUT!!

Chapter 22: Road Trip

1.9K 97 4
By EmotionalPerson01

Driving down the street, Ethan and Kai started a conversation as to what was happening and about Kai's lightning powers. Half of me listen whilst the other half was zoned out. Gun shots started to go off behind us causing me to snap out of my thoughts and looked in the rear view mirror.

I saw there were 5 cars behind with guys aim their guns at our car. I then saw someone shooting behind them and I realized that 2 out of the 5 cars with guys were with Victor since I recognized Leo and Chase in one of the cars. The enemy car swirled out of control and crashed into a pole as everyone in that car was now dead.

The other 2 cars who were a different gang started to gain on us. I stepped on the gas and Kai opened his door slightly. Not knowing what he was going to do, I grabbed his arm. "What are you doing?" I asked as I kept my eyes on the road.

"I'm going to take care of it," he replied referring to the cars that was chasing us. I shook my head causing him to close the door. "We're almost out of town. From there, I'll take care of it," I informed him.

Looking ahead, I saw the exit to the town which lead onto the two way road. As we approached closer, I saw there were some cars lined up blocking the path. Focusing my powers quickly, I shifted gravity around the cars and moved them to the side before speeding through. The guys fired their guns as the past by but I made sure they missed.

I then tightened my fist causing the road behind us to collapse causing the cars to stop chasing us and fall into a ditch. Silence now filled the road as I stepped on the gas harder if it was even possible. Looking at the time, I saw it was almost 8 in the night.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked. They both hummed but said nothing.

Minutes past by then turned into hours of silence. I honestly believed that we all had questions for each other but wasn't sure how to ask it nor where to even start. Settling back in my seat, I let out a sigh. We didn't even know where we were going. We were just on the run. I didn't matter where we would end up or who we encounter on the way. All that mattered was the distance between us and the town.

Looking at the time, I looked to see it was almost 1 in the morning. In the rear view mirror, I saw Ethan had fell asleep and Hazel was snuggled up in the palm of Ethan's hand. I turned the heat on since it was getting a bit cold in the car. I looked over to Kai who was just laying back in his seat in silence.

He then looked over to me causing his glowing lightning blue eyes to be visible. "So you control lightning," I spoke in a soft tone making sure not to wake up Ethan and Hazel.

"And you can control objects," he noted.

I shook my head, "No, I control nature," I corrected.

"You control nature?" he questioned.

I nodded my head. "I can talk to most animals and control the weather along with the forces of Earth," I informed him.

He sat there in silence as if he was thinking. "But...you ate a turkey sandwich in school," he commented.

"Some things are meant to be eaten," I shrugged.

"Have you ever spoke to a chicken or turkey. I mean how would they feel about you eating their cousin?" he questioned.

Although he was joking, I rolled my eyes. I really wasn't in the mood to joke around. He seemed to have noticed since he quickly apologized. I hummed in response as we continued driving. My stomach then growled and I almost ended up cursing out loud as I remember we didn't eat anything today. We were so preoccupied by what was going on that I forgot about eating. I'm such a bad sister.

Looking at the signs passing by, I saw there was a town up ahead.

"We need to grab some food and I'll refuel the car," I informed Kai. "Alright," he answered.

After about a mile or so, we pulled up to a gas station and both got out the car. I took out some cash from my pocket and passed it to Kai who just raised his eyebrow at me. "Go and buy some snacks and an energy drink for me please while I refuel. Get Hazel a packet of nuts," I spoke in a soft tone as I shoved the 20 dollar bill towards him.

He gentle pushed my hand back and gave me a small smile. "Don't worry about it. Keep your money," he insisted. Before I could say anything, he turned on his heads and walked away. Shoving his hand in his hoodie pocket, he pulled out a pair of shades and put it on.

Letting out a sigh, I turned around and walked towards the gas pump before typing in the amount I want and refueling the car. I shivered a bit as it was getting a bit colder. Walking towards the trunk, I opened it to see Ethan and I duffel bags. Opening mine, I pulled out a hoodie. Staring at it, I felt a little heart broken as it was Victor's hoodie.

Why would I even pack this?

Shoving it back into the bag, I looked around and saw another hoodie but this one was mine. I grabbed it and slipped into it. I opened Ethan's bag and pulled out one of his hoodie. As I took the hoodie out, it revealed 2 of the leather books that Ethan had under his bed. Pulling out one of them, I shut the trunk before going back to the pump.

Opening the back door, I covered Ethan and Hazel with the hoodie and placed the book on the dashboard in-between the passenger and driver seat. Closing the door, I looked up to see Kai walking back with a bag in his hand. I thanked him before he got in the car which he gladly replied with 'you're welcome'.

After paying for the gas, I got in the car and we headed into the local town and drove to the nearest fast food restaurant. We landed by checkers and I passed through the drive-thru. Kai got fries and a bacon burger with a Coke and I got Ethan fries with fried chicken with a Pepsi and for myself, I got fries and a cheeseburger with a Sprite and 4 water and a extra small cup.

Kai offered to pay for the food but I declined his offer. I paid for everything and turned the lights on inside the car. Parking up in the parking lot, I unbuckled my seat and turned to see Ethan and Hazel was still sleeping.

"Ethan," I spoke in a soft voice. He didn't move or make a sound.

I got out the driver's seat and hopped into the backseat before closing the door. I gentle pulled the hoodie off him and Hazel and placed it next to him. Looking at Hazel, I gentle took him out of Ethan's hand and placed him on my lap.

"Hazel," I called in a soft tone. He just stretched out on my lap on his back and let out a yawn. I swear this is a dog stuck in a squirrel's body.

I then started to scratch his stomach causing him to start pushing my hand away. I continued to repeat the action and he became to chatter with his eyes closed causing Kai to laugh from the front seat.

"Hazel, come on. Get up. I got you food," I chirped. He then slowly opened his eyes and stood up on my lap before chattering.

"What is he saying?" Kai asked.

"He what's to know what I got him and it better be good since I woke him up," I laughed and Kai joined in.

There was a bag being rustled around in the front and looked to see Kai passing me a bag of nuts along with a napkin, cup and water. He then passed me a fruit cup which he probably got from the gas station that was part Du which had some grapes and slices of watermelon.

I took the things from Kai and set them up for Hazel. He then chattered and I nodded in reply.

I looked towards Kai, "He said thank you," I translated.

Kai gave a slight smile, "No problem."

After I set up Hazel's food, I then looked back at Ethan. "Ethan," I called again. This time he let out a groan and moved his head a little. I then shook him a little, "Come on, you have to eat something," I spoke in a louder tone.

He then proceed to whine in protest. That's it!

"Ethan Alexander Grinsly! You get up right now," I spoke in a stern tone.

He bolted up in his seat with his eyes shot out. "I'm up! I'm up!" he shrieked causing me to laugh along with Kai and Hazel. He then glared at me and Kai past him his food and drink.

"I will not hold this against you since you bought me food," he stated.

I hummed in response as I got out the backseat, "Sure," I sarcastically replied.

Hopping back into the front seat, I at my food and drank my drink. After about 10 minutes, we finished our food and hit the road again. "It's currently 2 now so maybe at 10 we'll check into a hotel or something for a day and night then hit the road again," I spoke.

Ethan nodded, "Sounds good to me. Did you pay with cash or credit?"

"Cash," I stated.

"Okay, good. Victor will most likely track you purchases. I tried to connect back to his computer with my phone but he pretty much Ethan proofed it. I also took the liberty of installing a software in your phone to block your location," he informed me.

"What would I do without you?" I huffed.

Ethan chuckled, "Probably fall flat on your face," he teased causing Kai and I to laugh. "So Kai, how did you come to have lightning powers?" Ethan asked.

Kai shrugged, "Don't know. I never really knew my parents. I was placed in a foster home and didn't figure out I had powers until about 13 or 14. I kept it hidden for a while and when I turned 18, the foster home gave me a couple days to get out. Something in me just started to feel a bit off and I felt a type of energy when I turned a certain direction. It was weird to understand or explain but I followed the energy and I landed in your town. I didn't know it was actually coming from you until you tackled me to the floor since you thought I was stalking you or something," he explain.

"Right...again, sorry about that," I apologized.

He shook his head, "It's fine. When I dropped you off at work, not trying to be a creep, but I kind of waited around until you and Ethan's shift was over. I was curious as to how you were exposing so much energy. I then saw that Victor guy grabbing your hand by force so I quickly got out the car and struck him with lightning," he stated.

My eyes widened, "What?!" Ethan and I both simultaneously shouted in shock.

Kai's eyebrow rose, "What?" he questioned.

"I thought that was my fault?" I admitted.

"Oh, well you didn't do that. I was trying my hardest not to get you struck but I didn't realize how hard I struck Victor until he fell to the floor. I thought I had killed him but it wasn't intentional," he quickly added. "I was just mad. But to be honest, with the amount of power I struck him with, he should have been dead," his voice came out a bit cold which caught me a little of guard.

"What can I say? Victor is a hard guy to kill but I don't see my self ever killing him. As much as I know about him and seen, he just needs help," I replied.

"His help is currently running," Ethan mumbled referring to me.

I rolled my eyes, "Sometimes the help needs help themself," I yawned.

"I could drive if you're tired," Kai offered.

"It's okay," I gave him a small smile.

The car went back into total silence and my phone began to ran. I glimpsed over to see it was Victor's number.

"Whoever that is, don't pick up," Ethan informed me.

The phone continuously rang for the next 5 minutes and I've finally had enough so I put it on vibrate. For the next couple of hours, I sipped on my energy drink and drove down the highway. Ethan, Hazel and Kai were now all asleep. Looking over at Kai, I felt a bit sorry he didn't have any parents. He never really had a real family which must really suck.

Although Ethan and I had parents who didn't take care of us, we still had each other which was something. 

Hours past by and I was now starting to feel my eyes were now closing. Not feeling safe on the road in this condition, I drove to the nearest hotel. I looked over to the time to see it was almost 8 in the morning. We were currently suppose to check in at around 10 as planned but I couldn't handle being so sleepy on the road.

Pulling up to a hotel, I parked the car and let out a tired yawn.

Unbuckling my seat belt, I nudged Kai's arm and called his name. His eyes slowly open and he put on his shades before looking around.

"I'm to tired so we're going to check in," I yawned again.

He nodded his head and opened the door causing a cold breeze to sneak into the car. I shivered at the chill that ran down my spin.

"Ethan, get up please. We're going to check in and you can go back to sleep," my voice came out restless.

Surprisingly, he woke up easily and so did Hazel. Hopping out the car, I grabbed my phone and closed the door before going to the trunk. I pulled out my bag and a hand grabbed Ethan's bag. I looked up to see Kai had taken it.

"Thanks," I gave him a small smile which he returned.

As we made our way to the hotel, I looked over at Ethan who was hiding Hazel in the pocket of his hoodie. If the hotel or any in general knew we bought in a rodent, they would kick us out without hesitation. We walked into the lobby and looking around I saw it was empty excepting the receptionist at the front desk.

Walking up towards her, she gave a small welcoming smile.

"Good morning. How many rooms?" she asked.

Morning. One room two beds. We'll check out by 2 tomorrow morning," I mumbled.

She started to type something into her computer and I reached into my pocket to pull out some cash but Kai stopped my hand yet again. "I got it. You can get the next one," he suggested.

To tired to argue with his suggestion, I just gave a slight nod. The lady charged us, gave us 3 room cards and we were on our way. I walked into the elevator along with Kai, Ethan and Hazel. We went up to our floor and then swiped into our room. 

As soon as we walked in to our room, Hazel jumped out of Ethan's pocket and ran straight down the room. Ethan followed behind and Kai and I dropped the bags by the closet. I then walked off to the bathroom to rinse my mouth from the energy drink.

Walking back out to the room, I walked towards the bedroom and let out a groan.

"You've got to be kidding me," I groan as I looked at Ethan and Hazel who picked up the whole bed. 

How does one freaking squirrel pick up have of the bed you may ask? 

He decided to spread out in the center. Walking over, I pushed him over but he just dragged himself back to the center.

How am I losing the bed to a squirrel?

He then started to chatter and I let out a sigh, "Fine."

"What did he say?" Kai asked from the other side of the room sitting on his bed.

"He's never laid on a bed before and would like to have the bed tonight," I mumbled.

Kai just chuckled and shook his head, "Well, I promise not to pick up the whole bed," he was referring to us sharing a bed.

"Thanks," I smiled.

I looked over to Ethan who was still in his hoodie and was passed out. I lifted the covers and Hazel got under it before I covered Ethan with it. I took off my hoodie, put my phone to charge before taking off my vans. I let out a painful hiss as my foot was still in pain from the cut.

"What's wrong?" Kai asked in a soft tone as I sat on the side of the bed.

I shook my head, "It's nothing," I mumbled not really in the mood to talk about it. I looked at the bandages to see it was clean of blood. I got under the covers and looked over to Kai who was taking off his sneakers, hoodie and shades before turning off the lights and getting under the covers. The room was pitch black although it was daylight outside. These window blinds and curtains were magical if you ask me.

His eyes glowed in the dark and as crazy as it sounds, it was actually really beautiful rather than looking creepy.

"Although your eyes don't glow, I know you're staring," he chuckled.

I felt a bit embarrassed, "Sorry," I quickly apologized.

"Don't be. I don't mind," he spoke in a soft tone.

Staring at his eyes for a few more seconds, I felt body slowly being consumed by sleep. "Goodnight," I tiredly blinked a couple of time before turning on my side which my back was now facing him. I grabbed one of the pillows I wasn't using and hugged it up

"Goodnight," he softly replied and with that, I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 940 40
ATTENTION READERS: I will be removing the complete story in a month (March 2nd, 2021 or so) so please keep that in mind when starting this story. I w...
5.9M 285K 97
When Nelle Wychthorn was forced to sign herself away in marriage, she should have read the contract's fine print. Because she signs not with ink, but...
5.1K 365 27
Book One of the Cursed Series ************** Freya is apart of the Cursed Bloodlines, which is twelve different bloodlines that were cursed a very lo...
144K 3.5K 53
A simple mute girl who lives in a world of silence and serenity with her grandmother. A ruthless cruel mafia who lives in the world of women,drugs an...