Moments

By AchuArchana

A split second can change your life. Every second you live, every second you chose to live later and every se... More

Moments
You and I
Light it up
Chasing clouds
If I could fly
Don't Forget Where You Belong
Strong
Spaces
Wings are made to fly
Leave my heart open
Hard to face reality
Daddy don't let me go
Doors of perception
Where are you now
Back for you
I put you there....
To get to you
Far Away
You'll never be alone
And we run
New Story
One Step Closer
Don't cry
Nothing to be afraid of
Hello
Epilogue

Voices numb

7.9K 475 25
By AchuArchana

"Hands are silent, voices numb...

Tryna scream, out of my lungs...

It makes this harder...."

Moments, One Direction

.

.

Double update for you guys :) :) :)

.

Everyone gathered for dinner that night. Aarav, under Khushi's strict orders, chose the farthest seat from the scary woman whom everyone calls dadi and looked around at everyone with his round big eyes.

Arnav and Anjali ignored the elder lady when she sat down in her chair and Nani motioned Khushi to serve her. Khushi was about to when Arnav held her wrist. "Hari Prakash, serve for her!" he ordered and pulled Khushi to the seat next to him.

Dadi was about to say something when Anjali spoke, "Chotte how was the award show? Didn't ask you about it!"

"You seemed so happy that you lost!" Akash commented.

"Yeah, once again I lost to Mr. Philip but I had a heart to heart talk with him during the inauguration. He is a good guy. Someone special!" Arnav said smiling, "He will be coming to Delhi for some business deal tomorrow. I've invited him here! Is that okay with everyone?"

"Sure" nani said, "We all would love to meet the guy who's defeating ASR every year!"

Arnav laughed and said, "He's been winning this award for the past 20 years! One should work extra hard to snatch that award from him!"

"Is he hot?" Anjali asked sipping her kheer. Arnav chocked on his food and Akash started coughing. Khushi and Payal hid their smiles.

"He is 54 di!" Arnav cried.

Anjali shrugged and said, "I just asked!"

Akash glared at her and Anjali cried, "Ok fine. Sorry. Jeez, possessive brothers!"

Akash shrugged and looked at Aarav who was silently eating his food. "Hey rockstar, why so mum tonight?"

Aarav smiled and shrugged his shoulders. He could feel dadi's cold glare on him and chose to ignore it by looking at his father. "Dad, today is my PTA meeting. You and mum would be coming right?"

"Yep" Khushi and Arnav said together.

"And when is Mr. Philip coming?" Akash asked.

"Ah, for dinner!" Arnav said, "Let me confirm it through his PA!"

.

.

.

.

.

"Back to India after 28 years!" his best friend, Steve, commented.

Adam took a deep breath and stood up from his business class flight seat. Both men walked through the airport floor when Steve asked, "Are you okay Adam?"

"Do I look like I'm okay?" the 54 year old retorted, "I loathe this country. This is where I lost everything Steve, EVERYTHING!"

"You still have a chance to get back everything Adam" Steve said seriously as both of them collected their luggage.

Adam scoffed and walked ahead.

The men got in the car arranged for them and Adam leaned back on the seat, "Ah I'm so tired!"

"Aren't you going to that kid's home tonight?" Steve asked.

"Arnav? Yeah!" he hummed.

"Your acceptance surprised me man. You never agree to these things!" Steve commented.

Adam looked at him and said, "Arnav is different man. He is special!"

"Means?" Steve frowned.

"I don't know. Talking to him made me feel so happy!"

"You never feel that for anyone Mr. Philips!"

Adam said nothing but smiled and looked out of the window.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Arrey, you are back!" Payal exclaimed as she saw Arnav, Khushi and Aarav coming back from Aarav's PTA meeting.

"What took you long? It's 7.30!" Akash said.

"Meeting ended at 5 and kids wanted to eat ice-cream and play games" Arnav said pointing to Khushi and Aarav who stuck their tongues out at him.

"How was it chotte?" Anjali asked as everyone sat in the living room to hear news.

Arshi sighed and plopped on the couch while Aarav stood smiling sheepishly.

"Mr. Raizada, your son is very mischievous. He never listens to teachers and always talks during class" Arnav said mimicking Aarav's classteacher.

"She is jealous of me" Aarav tried.

"NO LAPTOP NO IPAD NO GAMES FOR ONE WHOLE MONTH. DO YOU GET ME!" Arnav screamed.

Khushi rolled her eyes and said, "He is a child for god sake. Children are mischievous! Nothing new in that!" Anjali and Akash nodded agreeing.

Nani laughed and said, "Chotte you were mischievous than Aarav."

Arnav glared at Aarav who was laughing at him.

It was then dadi walked into the living room and everyone went silent. Tension was thick in the room as Arnav avoided any eye contact with the elderly woman.

"Err...chotte" Nani began, "Me and Subadra wants to talk to you and Anjali bitiya!"

Anjali and Arnav looked at each other and then at nani. "Tell us" Anjali said.

"In private" Dadi said eyeing Khushi, Akash, Payal, mami and Aarav.

"They're family. They aren't going anywhere!" Arnav declared as soon as everyone started to get up.

"Chotte" Nani began when Anjali said, "What is it? Is it something so bad that you cannot tell in front of them all?"

"Anjali" Dadi began when the door bell rang.

Arnav sprang up and looked at the clock. "Oh shit! It's 7.45!"

"Mr. Philips" Khushi said with widened eyes.

"Why are you so tensed? Go and open the door!" Anjali said smiling amused.

"Err...yeah....I mean....I'm sweaty! I..." Arnav fumbled and everyone looked at him with amused looks. Arnav ran to the door and Akash said to others, "I'm so excited to meet this man who got my khadoos brother to fumble for the first time!"

Everyone laughed.

Khushi walked to the kitchen and others stayed in the living room waiting for Arnav to come in with the guest. Soon they saw him walking in laughing with a man in his fifties. The man had his red-black checked shirt rolled up to elbows paired up with black pants. His expensive polished shoes made tap noise when it touched the floor and his Rolex watch shined as he lifted his hand to adjust his spectacle.

Akash stepped forward and Arnav said, "Meet my brother Akash Singh Raizada!"

"Adam Joan!" Adam shook hands with Akash.

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir" Akash said smiling warmly.

Adam smiled and looked at others. Suddenly his eyes fell on dadi who was standing together and looking at him with shocked eyes.

He stood rooted seeing the familiar face he thought he would never meet again in his life.

He felt Arnav saying something and looked at him. He was introducing others to him and Adam looked at Anjali, Payal and others. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear...." He said apologetically and Arnav said smiling, "That's my sister Anjali. Akash's wife Payal. My mami, nani and my son Aarav"

His eyes lingered a little longer at Anjali who smiled politely at him. He looked at dadi and then at Arnav, "And who is that?" he asked motioning her.

Arnav looked at her and then said disinterested, "My dadi"

Adam looked at dadi who was standing frozen at her spot. Everyone frowned at her reaction and Adam smirked. "Subadra Malik, nice to meet you again" he said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 3.4K 14
What if Arnav realizes that Khushi is innocent on the day of Holi after their Contract marriage. What will Arnav do to protect Anjali and Khushi? How...
35.1K 4.2K 22
She was Excited to come back home after several years but she didn't know that what is waiting for her at her home. On the second day of her arriv...
47.7K 3.2K 27
Arnav and Khushi find themselves married but torn apart by misunderstandings. Arnav's deep-seated hatred for Khushi remains unexplained, while she si...
230K 13.1K 41
Story about previous life, two lovers love unconditionally. Protect each other. Evil people killed them in previous birth before they become one. So...