Nature's Freak - BOOK 1 ✔ (Un...

By EmotionalPerson01

Freya Jane Grinsly is known to be a "Freak". Everyone in her town see's her as a mysterious person and despi... More

Welcome Back!!!
Chapter 1: Who am I?
Chapter 2: Threatened to Break.
Chapter 3: Friend or Enemy?
Chapter 4: Something Bad to Come.
Chapter 5: Defenseless.
Chapter 6: Death Sentence.
Chapter 7: The Past Will Return.
Chapter 8: The Never Ending Night.
Chapter 9: The Deal Never Included Me.
Chapter 10: A Nightmare to Be Continued.
Chapter 11: Confusion At It's Finest
Chapter 12: Sweet and Innocent
New Book
Chapter 13: Bloodbath
Chapter 14: Sanctuary
OH....MY.....GOSH!!!!
Chapter 15: A Monster Who Loves
Chapter 16: Saved By The 'Monster' Himself
Republish Saved By The Devil Series?!
Chapter 17: Better Than A Pistol
Chapter 18: Fight to The Death
Chapter 19: Who's to Blame?
Chapter 20: Apologies and Energy
Chapter 22: Road Trip
Chapter 23: No Breaks
PLEASE READ
Chapter 24: It's A Weird Day
Chapter 25: A Plan
Chapter 26: Ethan!
Chapter 27: That Makes Sense
Chapter 28: Stuck Beyond Help
Chapter 29: What Was Lost is Now Found
Chapter 30: Still Gone
Chapter 31: I Want Vengeance
Sequel
There Will Be A Book 2!! READ!!
BOOK 2 IS OUT!!

Chapter 21: Confession Day

1.8K 102 8
By EmotionalPerson01

Ethan and I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to see mom was placing a pharmacy bag on the table and dad was getting a water out from the fridge.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?" she asked as soon as she saw Ethan. I watched as she quickly walked around the counter and placed her hand on his forehead most likely checking to see if he had a fever.

Ethan just rolled his eyes causing me to chuckle. "Mom, I'm fine. We need to talk, all of us," he spoke in a stern tone. She then removed her hand from his forehead and walked over to the sink before filling up a pot of water and placing it on the stove to boil.

"We can talk later. I need to make dinner," she mumbled.

I let out a sigh, "Please mom," I begged. Something in her seem to have broke because he shoulders sagged as she turned around with a small smile. "Sure," she spoke in a soft tone.

"We need to leave this town now. Something bad is going to happen. Victor's gang is going to go to war with two other gangs and they're going to burn this town down. We have to leave now before they come," Ethan tried to explain.

My mother and father both looked at each other as if they were hiding something.

"I think it's time," my father stated resulting in my mother nodding.

"Time for what?" I questioned.

My mother let out a sigh, "I don't expect you to forgive us but we've been holding out on you in order to protect you. Victor just told us all this over lunch and I knew we should of left this town when you were portrayed as this 'Freak' but you adapted so well to the environment," she started to cry. 

It honestly broke my heart to see her like this. I've never seen my mother cry or even show any real emotion. It honestly feelings like I'm dreaming right now.

"Adapted so well to the environment?" Ethan questioned.

She nodded her head along with my father. "Freya, we know about your powers. As a child everything you were in a certain environment, you would constantly make it rain to the point there would be a hurricane or some other natural disaster. We didn't know why so we kept moving. One we came here, a week past by and it was clear that you adapted well. We didn't interfere because every time we would, we would somehow come to some sort of conflict. I'm sorry. I thought it was best for you," my father explained.

I stood there in baffled at how this topic took such a turn.

"And Ethan my precious child, you have powers to but it will kick in a bit later. It was the same for your father," my mother informed him. I looked at Ethan who was just in shock. I couldn't help but smile. It's nice to know that he too also has powers. I then turned to look back at my parents.

"You guys have powers as well?" I asked.

My mother nodded, "Yes. Your father has power over water and I have power over heat. Not much but it's something," she chirped.

"That's still awesome! But not to get side track but back to our discussion about leaving. We have to go," Ethan informed them.

"Yes," my father agreed, "But you guys have to leave. We have to stay. See, Victor talked to us and wants us to call him if anything happens to us and not to mention, he's got a sniper watching this house from 2 miles away. They will alert him if they see us leave. Your mother will create a diversion and I'll sneak you into the car. I suggest we wait until it's a bit darker so they can't see anything. I know this doesn't make sense but when this is all over, I will gladly explain," my father gave me a small smile.

I slowly nodded my head despite having so many questions.

"I'm going to grab out bags," Ethan spoke in a soft voice before walking upstairs.

I looked over to my mother who had a small smile on her face. "Why were you with Victor?" I asked.

"He called me and demand that we met with him since it was urgent," she calmly replied.

Nothing knowing how to handle anything that has been said, I stayed quiet. I quickly pulled out my phone and text Kai that we were going to leave once it was dark. He replied with an okay and by that time, Ethan came down with both of our bad. Our father walked over to him and took the bags from Ethan's hands before walking towards the door.

"Mom," Ethan's voice came out a bit soft.

"Yes?" she answered.

Ethan's head dropped as if he was going to break down in tears. "Will we ever see each other again?" he asked.

She walked over to him and did the unspeakable. She pulled him in for a hug. "Of course we'll see each other again. You're only leaving until this is all over. When it's over, you can come back," she chirped as she cupped his face and plant a kiss on his forehead.

"There should be no crying today. Everything is going to be okay," my father's voice entered the room. He then walked towards Ethan and mom before hugging them.

"You're everything we could ever ask for," I could hear her whisper which honestly hurt a little.

Ethan looked at me with a frown as she said that but I just gave him a small smile. "Freya too," he added.

"Sure," she mumbled.

Ethan then pushed her away causing the hug to break. "You haven't changed one bit. You admit you've known about the powers she has and I have. You knew how much we struggle yet neglect us and now you 'try' to be nice but it's for your selfish gain," Ethan spoke angrily.

My mother glared at him, "Watch your tone and I do care about you," she insisted.

Ethan shook his head, "That may be true but it means nothing to me because you should also care for Freya. She's been more of a mother than you have and even clothed me for heaven sake. How could you just not acknowledge her. You expect everything to be okay now that you've told us the truth but it's far from okay. Freya's in danger and so am I. We're running not only from Victor but two other gangs, this town and now you guys. I honestly had high hope for you guys but I now see where your mortals stand," Ethan lectured both of them.

I stood there in shock. I've never seen Ethan this mad which was kind of frightening. He's always been the calm on and even when he was mad, he didn't really show it much.

"I'm still your mother. You have no right to talk to me like that!" she shouted causing Ethan to roll his eyes.

My father quickly stepped between both of them. "Cindy, just go in the living room," he addressed her by her first name. She narrowed her eyes at Ethan before looking at me and turning on her heels to walk out the room.

Dad then turned to look at Ethan and I with a sigh, "I know this doesn't mean much but I'm sorry about her behavior and everything I've put you through," his apology came out sincere.

"Why is she so hostile?" I asked and Ethan nodded indicating he had the same question.

He let out another sigh before rubbing the back of his head, "She's been struggling with her mental health. You and her use to lock horns a lot when you were a child. She became so frustrated and just gave up. I understand how bad that sounds and how it makes no sense but I never gave up on you. You have to forgive her for this. When Ethan was born, she figured he would be the same way so she treated him the same way she treated you. Once she saw he was different, she showed favoritism on him. I think it's just her way of loving you both equally. Ethan took some traits from you and that allowed her to feel as if she was loving you. Again, I know it doesn't make sense but you have to forgive her. She also became a bit depressed since her and I lost some of our power," he tried to explain.

"So...we locked horns because of me and how did you lose your powers?" I questioned.

He quickly shook his head, "No! It is and was never your fault. She just didn't know how to coop with someone much powerful than herself. She loved you with all her heart. She still does but just doesn't know how to show it. We didn't lose all our powers. It's just weak. As you get older, you become weaker," he reassured me.

Ethan let out a scoff, "As much as I want to feel guilty, she should of went to therapy."

My father and I both nodded. "Yes but she doesn't really listen," he mumbled.

The room stayed quiet for a few seconds and I walked towards my father before hugging him. Without hesitation, he wrapped me in a hug.

"It sucks to know that you knew about my powers all along and have to depend on myself for everything at a young age," I muffled into his chest. "I know, I thought it was the best thing we could do to protect you from starting more natural disasters because if you permanently shift Earth's weather one place, it can cause some other disaster in another region," he notified me.

"I know," was all I could say. I spent the rest of the minute in silence hugging him.

A gentle knock came from the door causing us to pull away. "That must be Kai. I got it," Ethan chirped as he walked out the kitchen.

I looked up to dad to see a small smile on his face causing me to smile. "It really does mean a lot to Ethan and I that we kind of bonded before running. It actually feels good to know everything was somewhat going to be okay," I admitted.

"Freya," Ethan's voice came out in a whimper.

I turned to see a four guys behind him and one of them had a gun held to the side of Ethan's forehead. My eyes widened and my father pulled me behind him.

"Let him go," my father demanded.

The guy holding Ethan shook his head. "No, give us the girl and no one get's hurt," he smirked.

"What's going -" my mother stopped once she saw the guys in out kitchen. I watched as one of the guys aim their gun up to her and waved it over to us indicating for her to stand next to my father.

I looked at my mother who clicked something on her watch as she made her way over. "If it's money you want -"

"We don't want your money. We want the girl," the guy barked as he shot his gun in the air causing us to flinch.

I looked over to Ethan who eyed the corner of him as if he was trying to gesture to the stairs. He then started to randomly cough causing my eyebrow to raise in curiosity. He was trying to tell me something but I didn't understand.

"Shut up!" the guys ordered.

"He needs his asthma pump," I blurted out.

The guy shook his head, "Bullshit. We were aware beforehand that you both don't have any medical issues so drop the act kid," one of the guys spoke.

Ethan rolled his eyes then looked at me before sneaking a gesture in of pointing upstairs then opened his palm and closed it counting 10 fingers. I then caught on to what he was saying. There were 10 people upstairs.

"Okay," I spoke to the guys, "I'll give myself over under one condition," I spoke coming out from behind my father but my father grabbed my hand. I gave him a reassuring nod I was going to be okay which he proceed to release a sigh and my hand.

"No," the guy bluntly replied.

"Please," I begged.

"No conditions. No deals. Get over here now. I'm giving you one minute before I come over there and get you and trust me, it wouldn't be pretty," he narrowed his eyes at me.

My eyes then trailed to behind him where I saw Victor and some of his guys walking down the stairs. I then saw the guy was about to turn around and I quickly panicked.

"FINE!! GOSH IF YOU GOT TO BE SUCH A DONKEY ABOUT IT I'LL COME OVER THERE. JUST RELEASE MY BROTHER!!" I screamed.

The guys all groan in annoyance probably at how high pitch my voice went. The guy released my brother and that's when Victor and his guys all took a shot. All four guys dropped to the floor.

Ethan then ran towards my side and Victor came running towards me.

"Are you okay?" he asked in a worried tone.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Yes not like you should really care since this is your fault. Anyways," I said turning to Ethan, "we need to leave now," I order and Ethan nodded.

"No, no. You're not leaving and going anywhere. I've got this place on lock down and my men are on the look out. You're safe," Victor stated.

I shook my head, "No and we're leaving," I restated as I took Ethan's hand. We got ready to make a run for it but Victor grabbed my arm.

I looked up to see his eyes were now ice cold. "I said, you're not going anywhere. Taken them upstairs and lock them in. Two of you, guard the door," Victor order his guys.

My eyes widened, "You can't do that!"

"This is America!" Ethan shouted in defense and on to the guys grabbed him. At the moment I wanted to burst out laughing at the way he said it but Victor's glare kept me silent. One of his guys grabbed my hand before Victor release me.

"Victor, you can't do this," I shouted as the guy started to drag me towards the stairs.

My dad quickly started to run towards us but was quickly stopped by some of the guys. My mother stood there and watched silently.

"Watch me," Victor said with his back turned as he went to talk to some of his men that was downstairs.

Ethan and I was thrown into my bedroom before being locked inside.

I let out an annoyed groan.

"We're like sitting ducks waiting to be hunted down and picked off," Ethan mumbled and I couldn't have agreed more.

My phone then rang and I looked to see it was Kai. I quickly answered the call on speaker.

"I've run into a bit of a dilemma," I spoke.

In the background, I could hear a bunch of cars driving by. "I know. I'm standing about 2 blocks away from your house and I could see a bunch of guys standing outside but there are some armored cars heading your way," Kai spoke in a hush tone.

I went to look at the window but remembered I didn't have a front view of the house. I only had a view of the backyard. Gunshots soon went off and it was clear to say that this war had now started.

"The armored cars are firing at the guys standing outside," Kai informed me. I then heard more cars driving by in the background.

I looked at Ethan who was looking around the backyard.

"Kai, is anyone by the car?" Ethan asked walking towards me.

The line went silent for a second before he answered. "There's some of the armored car in front and some guys standing around the house. You would have to sneak and maybe fight your way to it," he informed me. I then heard a a message notification and I looked at my phone to see he had sent a picture. I pulled it up to see our car was a bit surrounded but it was managed to get to.

"Percent of making it to the car?" I asked Ethan.

"12 percent without weapon. 87 percent with weapon," he replied.

I nodded, "Good enough for me. You ready?" I asked him and Kai.

"Yes," they said simultaneously.

"Okay, Kai, where are you so I can pick you up?"

"I'll meet you by the car," he quickly replied before the line went dead.

I stared at my phone trying to think if I heard him correctly. "He does know they're armed, right?" I asked Ethan.

Ethan slowly nodded, "I would like to hope so," he mumbled.

I quickly shook it off as time was starting to run out as more gunshots where going off.

I opened my window and quickly focused my power. Looking at the tree, the branches started to grow out and into the room. Ethan stepped on before I did. We held on and the branch took us out the room and gently lowered itself on the grass. Ethan and I quickly stepped off and started to look around trying to be aware of any of the guys. It didn't even matter if it was Victor guys. We were going to get back.

"Hey!" I heard a voice shouting. Ethan and I both looked up to see one of the guys by the window.

I grabbed Ethan's hand and quickly ran. "Stay close to me," I shouted and we ran down the side of the house.

Making it to the front, I saw about 30 guys in the street with armored cars shooting at the house and Victor's guys were ticking them off one by one.

"Freya!" a familiar voice came from the front. I looked to see Victor was standing by the front of the house shooting at the side of the house. I then looked over to the car that was in the drive way. I then followed the driveway to see 2 cars were blocking it.

"Remember, feel the energy. You can literally do anything," Ethan spoke over the firing.

I nodded my head. In order for us to reach the car, we will be running in the crossfire.

"Freya! Stay there! I'll get you," Victor shouted.

Before he could move my way, I firmly held Ethan's hand which he gripped back and we ran. I used my power to shift gravity around us so if a bullet came 4 feet towards us, it would just stop mid-way and drop to the floor.

"FREYA!" Victor shouted more in a panic tone.

As I ran to the car, two of the other guys came out of no where and tackled Ethan and I. I quickly kneed him and he pushed him back. He let out a grunt before sucking it up and charging at me. I held my hand up causing him to stop mid-way. I then looked at the guy who had Ethan in a choke hold. I held my other hand up causing him to release Ethan. I then focused and pushed them back causing them to fly through the air and land 20 feet across the driveway.

I looked over to Ethan who was a bit shock. "Get in," I order as I ducked behind the car. He quickly opened the back door and got in. A flash of lightning struck the corner of the yard causing 3 guys to get struck as well and drop to the floor. A flash of lightning trailed across the yard taking out some of the guys.

The lightning made it's way towards the car and came to a stop next to me. My mouth dropped in shock as I saw who it was, Kai. He was also not wearing shade revealing his lightening blue eyes. His pupil was glowing with strings of lightning forming it's circular form.

"I know, I've got some explaining to do. I nodded my head, "Yes but get in the car. I'll clear the path," I ordered.

He nodded before quickly running to the passenger side and getting in. I peeked around the car to see another car was pulling up.

A hand then grabbed me causing me to swiftly turn around. I settled down a little once I saw it was Victor and not one of the other guys. "I don't know what the fuck just happened and I have so many questions on what I just saw but I can't let you leave," he spoke in a stern tone.

I shook my head, "I am leaving no matter what. It's not safe," I argued.

"Look, if this is what I said about you in the cafeteria, I didn't mean it. I was just made you thought this was my fault and I understand why you would think so. I would hate me too and I'm sorry. I really am but I'm not going to allow the one person I love in the god forsaken town to just leave. I could protect you," he firmly spoke.

At that moment, it felt like the world had stopped spinning. His eyes then widened as he realized what he just said again for today. "You...love me?" I questioned.

He let out a sigh and took my head, "Yes. I wanted to tell you earlier but chickened out. I know it's only been almost 2 weeks but I really do love you. Please don't leave," he begged.

I shook my head slowly as I released his hand. "I have to leave," I whispered before holding up my hand. I watched as he stood up and floated 2 feet off the ground. Shock took over his face and I turned to look at the exit which was blocked. Quickly focusing, I used air and the energy source of the Earth to push the cars back.

"Freya, if you run, I will not stop until I find you. I'm not going to lose you like this," Victor spoke a bit rough.

I looked up and opened Ethan's bedroom window.

"I know but if I'm near you, Ethan and I are never safe. I saw the emails. If you come chasing after me, and I know you will, I will keep running until you give up," I replied.

He shook his head, "I will never give up!" and with that, I focused my power and quickly landed him in Ethan's bedroom. I ran inside the car and started it before backing out the driveway and speeding down the street.

"The exit to the town is that way," Kai pointed behind us.

"I know," I mumbled as we drove up to a tree. Ethan opened his door and I honked the horn. The leaves rustled around and Hazel came running out before running into the car. Ethan closed the door and I spun the car around before turning a corner and speeding towards the exit of the town.

We were finally leaving the town for once and for all. I should be happy and I am since Ethan is now safe but all I could think about was Victors confession of him loving me.

Why? Just why?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 940 40
ATTENTION READERS: I will be removing the complete story in a month (March 2nd, 2021 or so) so please keep that in mind when starting this story. I w...
136K 6.5K 36
When a young warrior-turned-spy finds a rare magic wielder her people thought extinct, she must make a decision: stay loyal to those she loves, or re...
71K 3.4K 40
She was meant for a simple life. A family involving parent's unconditionally in love and who dearly love their own. A little brother she'd do anythi...
20.3K 188 6
Freya was just your typical normal girl, never really stood out in the crowd she kinda blinded in. But things were about to drastically change. It...